What is the BEST 'Fallout' game?

  • 72 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Kevlar101
Edited 3 years, 7 months ago

Poll: What is the BEST 'Fallout' game? (111 votes)

Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game 11%
Fallout 2 32%
Fallout 3 32%
Fallout: New Vegas 23%

I have only ever played Fallout 3 - GOTY Edition, (and I absolutely love it), so I can't really say why I chose it over the others because...I haven't played any of the others :P

Anyway, you get the idea.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/fallout1/official_site/about_files/logo1.jpg

http://www.nightsolo.net/games/fallout2/fallout2logo.gif

http://gamerfitnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Fallout-3-logo.jpg

http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Fallout-New-Vegas-logo-psd64805.png

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#1 Edited by lundy86_4 (48577 posts) -

Unfortunately, I never played Fallout/Fallout 2, so my vote is for New Vegas.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#2 Posted by foxhound_fox (96695 posts) -

Fallout 2 is generally regarded as the best.

Personally, I have only played part of 1, 3 and most of New Vegas. New Vegas was the best of those three and 3 was the worst, by far.

Avatar image for Heil68
#3 Posted by Heil68 (57718 posts) -

Fallout 2

Avatar image for br0kenrabbit
#4 Edited by br0kenrabbit (15098 posts) -

Fallout 3 makes no sense. It might if the war was just a few years prior, but that's not the case. It completely screws the established lore of the franchise over.

New Vegas gets it right, and the quirky, dark humor of the first two games is back as well.

Fallout 1 and 2 were and are great games, but New Vegas brings all that greatness with a (more) modern approach. Fallout 3 is a failure as a Fallout game.

Avatar image for stationplay_4
#5 Edited by stationplay_4 (444 posts) -

I've only played fallout 3 and new vegas so out of those I choose fallout 3.

Avatar image for PannicAtack
#6 Posted by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -

Not Fallout 3.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#7 Posted by MonsieurX (36760 posts) -

Fallout 2 > everything

Avatar image for lbjkurono23
#8 Edited by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

New Vegas. I got 1, 2, and tactics for free(GOG) but they sucked.

Avatar image for lbjkurono23
#9 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@stationplay_4 said:

I've only played fallout 3 and new vegas so out of those I choose fallout 3.

You aint missing much.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#10 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12617 posts) -

Fallout New Vegas.

Fallout 3 is for casuals (And SNIPER)

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#11 Edited by foxhound_fox (96695 posts) -

@lbjkurono23 said:

New Vegas. I got 1, 2, and tactics for free(GOG) but they sucked.

Tactics I hear does suck, but you have no taste if you don't like the other two.

Avatar image for JangoWuzHere
#12 Edited by JangoWuzHere (19032 posts) -

They're all good, but I think the original Fallout is the best.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
#13 Posted by TrappedInABox91 (1483 posts) -

Only played Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Fallout 3, just because it wasn't completely broken when it came out.

Avatar image for PannicAtack
#14 Posted by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -
@TrappedInABox91 said:

Fallout 3, just because it wasn't completely broken when it came out.

Sure feels broken to me.

Avatar image for Nanomage
#15 Posted by Nanomage (2371 posts) -

Fallout 2 is easily the best game in the series.

Avatar image for MrYaotubo
#16 Posted by MrYaotubo (2880 posts) -

Fallout 2,followed by Fallout,Fallout New Vegas and Fallout Tactics.

Avatar image for MrYaotubo
#17 Posted by MrYaotubo (2880 posts) -

@lbjkurono23 said:

@stationplay_4 said:

I've only played fallout 3 and new vegas so out of those I choose fallout 3.

You aint missing much.

Only the best games in the series.

@foxhound_fox said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

New Vegas. I got 1, 2, and tactics for free(GOG) but they sucked.

Tactics I hear does suck, but you have no taste if you don't like the other two.

Tactics is really good,some people just hated on it because it was different from the first two and also for being really hard.

Avatar image for wis3boi
#18 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

2 > NV > 1 > Tactics > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3

Avatar image for mems_1224
#19 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

Fallout 3 because New Vegas was poop

Avatar image for lamprey263
#20 Posted by lamprey263 (34425 posts) -

Fallout 3, I've played each one except Fallout Tactics, I like Fallout 3 better for story and quests, New Vegas though improved only in simplifying some of the skills, but I didn't really care for it's world, the game kept having issues, and I didn't like the radio stations or soundtrack, and they didn't do a good job promoting exploits or mistakes over the airwaves, overall I felt Fallout 3 had a lot more content. Fallout 1 and 2 were good for their time, but that's past, Fallout 3 is a superior game. I feel people only say Fallout 2 to sound old school; posers.

Avatar image for superclocked
#21 Posted by superclocked (5864 posts) -

Fallout 3 by a mile, IMO of course...

Avatar image for BattleSpectre
#22 Edited by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

Fallout 3 is my all time favourite game. It sits first on my list and I don't think there's a bigger Fallout fan than me. I can't even tell you how much I've loved this game, words are not enough.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#23 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

Thats easy.... Its the one with Role Playing in it ! :p

Avatar image for bussinrounds
#24 Posted by bussinrounds (2830 posts) -

1>2>NV>Tactics>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3

Toddler and the clowns at Beth need to stick with Elder Turds.

Avatar image for sukraj
#25 Posted by sukraj (27268 posts) -

fallout 3

Avatar image for MlauTheDaft
#26 Posted by MlauTheDaft (5189 posts) -

2 > 1 > NV > 3, never played Tactics.

Fallout 3 was a good Elder Scrolls game though.

Avatar image for bulby_g
#27 Posted by bulby_g (1854 posts) -

Fallout 3. I did love NV as well but preferred the setting and music in 3.

I've played 1 & 2 a few years back (after 3 came out) and while I enjoyed them the dated system was a lot to put up with. Had I discovered them at the time my answer might be different.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#28 Posted by cainetao11 (32487 posts) -

Fallout and 2 are the recipients of much nostalgia love imo. I can like the classicness of these games, but they are a chore to play through now, for me. I'll take 3 and NV over them anyday.

Avatar image for dommeus
#29 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -

How is Fallout 3 winning?!

Fallout > Fallout 2 > New Vegas > Fallout 3

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#30 Posted by MirkoS77 (12564 posts) -

2, though I hold a special spot for 3 close to my heart solely for being able to slaughter Moria in numerous ways.

"Ab-so-LUTE-ly!!"

*chuck-chock....BAM!!!*

Seriously though, yea 2's easily the best. I wish they'd remake it in a 3D engine....highly detailed but keeping the isometric perspective. Full Havok physics and destructible environments with a zoomable/adjustable camera. Fix up the inventory and tweak the A.I., or allow NPCs to be controlled in combat.

Avatar image for Maddie_Larkin
#31 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (7431 posts) -

Hmm...

Fallout 1 -> Fallout 2 -> Fallout: New Vegas -> Fallout 3 -> Fallout Tactics for me.

And that would make Fallout the series I likely love the most, given that the FO game I like the least can still compete with most other games.

Avatar image for IgGy621985
#32 Posted by IgGy621985 (5439 posts) -

So Fallout 3 has the most votes so far. Fascinating.

Avatar image for bforrester420
#33 Edited by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Unfortunately, I never played Fallout/Fallout 2, so my vote is for New Vegas.

I will say that I wasn't a fan of the "Dead Money" DLC for New Vegas at all.

Avatar image for superclocked
#34 Edited by superclocked (5864 posts) -

@dommeus: New Vegas felt more like an RPG game, but Fallout 3 felt more like real life...

Avatar image for gamerno66666
#35 Posted by Gamerno66666 (175 posts) -

Fallout 1 cause its the only one that i played and its awesome.

Avatar image for texasgoldrush
#36 Posted by texasgoldrush (11953 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Fallout 3 because New Vegas was poop

other way around....Fallout New Vegas is the real third Fallout game.

Fallout 3 was another overrated Bethesda game.

Avatar image for Kiro0
#37 Edited by Kiro0 (1176 posts) -

Really tough call between 1 and 2. Went with 2 in the end. All of the main ones are great though barring Fallout 3. Man that was a bad game.

Avatar image for texasgoldrush
#38 Edited by texasgoldrush (11953 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

Fallout 3, I've played each one except Fallout Tactics, I like Fallout 3 better for story and quests, New Vegas though improved only in simplifying some of the skills, but I didn't really care for it's world, the game kept having issues, and I didn't like the radio stations or soundtrack, and they didn't do a good job promoting exploits or mistakes over the airwaves, overall I felt Fallout 3 had a lot more content. Fallout 1 and 2 were good for their time, but that's past, Fallout 3 is a superior game. I feel people only say Fallout 2 to sound old school; posers.

Fallout 3's world was poorly written, unlike New Vegas's were everything connected and one quest can affect the other. New Vegas has far better RPG design, far better characters, far better scenario design, and in general, its far better written and a true sequel to fallout 2.

Fallout 3 gets by on being random.

Avatar image for console_caesar
#39 Edited by Console_Caesar (46 posts) -

Fallout 3 by faaar.

Avatar image for spike6958
#40 Posted by spike6958 (6627 posts) -

I've only played Fallout 3 and New Vegas and I'd have to go with New Vegas, couldn't get into 3 at all.

Avatar image for clone01
#41 Posted by clone01 (26993 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

So Fallout 3 has the most votes so far. Fascinating.

Its probably the one the most people have played. I picked it because I legitimately liked it. Played some of 2, but just never got into it, and while I thought NV was good, it just seemed like more of the same.

Avatar image for mems_1224
#42 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@mems_1224 said:

Fallout 3 because New Vegas was poop

other way around....Fallout New Vegas is the real third Fallout game.

Fallout 3 was another overrated Bethesda game.

Fallout 3 was actually playable. New Vegas loses

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
#43 Edited by jg4xchamp (61445 posts) -

Fallout 2 or New Vegas.

Really like New Vegas.

Avatar image for SambaLele
#44 Edited by SambaLele (5552 posts) -

2, obviously, and yes I've played them all.

Avatar image for PannicAtack
#45 Edited by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -

@mems_1224: Fallout 3 I had to actually go into the code to fiddle around with stuff just so I could complete the damn tutorial without freezing. New Vegas didn't have that problem.

So from my perspective New Vegas was more playable than 3. On top of, y'know, just being a better role-playing game.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#46 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@ PannicAtack

You do realise both these games have the most tedius gameplay, I mean the actual gameplay not the numbers crunching tedium people call Role Playing.... When Fallout NV refused to even Start Up and Fallout 3 Crashed after I left the vault I considered that a sign.

Avatar image for organic_machine
#47 Edited by organic_machine (9896 posts) -

I've played them all and 2 blew my mind. The first half of it was brutal (I was barely surviving with that dinky one shot rifle) and the second half, holy shit, that second half was gripping.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
#48 Edited by HoolaHoopMan (9367 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

Fallout 3 makes no sense. It might if the war was just a few years prior, but that's not the case. It completely screws the established lore of the franchise over.

New Vegas gets it right, and the quirky, dark humor of the first two games is back as well.

Fallout 1 and 2 were and are great games, but New Vegas brings all that greatness with a (more) modern approach. Fallout 3 is a failure as a Fallout game.

This is spot on. New Vegas was far better because of the dark humor that was brought back (one of many things actually when compared to FO3).

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#49 Edited by lundy86_4 (48577 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Unfortunately, I never played Fallout/Fallout 2, so my vote is for New Vegas.

I will say that I wasn't a fan of the "Dead Money" DLC for New Vegas at all.

I actually never tried it. I didn't play the DLC for 3/New Vegas. Dunno why.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#50 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12617 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Fallout 2 or New Vegas.

Really like New Vegas.

I don't like RPG's.

I Love Fallout New Vegas though.