What if Nintendo's next console is only as powerful as the 360/ PS3 but....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

godhandiscen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 godhandiscen
Member since 2003 • 3454 Posts
with motion sensing controls?
Would that be enough for the Wii haters?
IMO, by that time MS and Sony will have already copied the Motion sensing controls and will have a surprise of their own, so Nintendo will not risk it and will try to have graphics that are as good as those of the competition. However, if they release a next gen console with graphics that are barely on par with those of this gen, I wouldnt get it either, not because I am graphics whore, but because Nintendo has to deliver to whole package. Wouldnt it be great if the Wii actually had good graphics and motion sensing controllers? That would have sold me on it.
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
We will have to see where the DS goes, i no its not the same thing, but that focused on gameplay like the wii is doing. I reckon they will deliver the whole package, graphics and perfected motion sensing aswell. By that time, there fanbase will be large enough and the console can be a little more expensive.
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
nintendo cant beat sony and ms in power so they take a different path
Kenshi_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Kenshi_is_god
Member since 2004 • 5414 Posts
nintendo cant beat sony and ms in power so they take a different pathdeadmeat59
they can they choose not to.
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
It would be sad if they always continued to be one gen behind in the graphics department. That would mean their experiment failed this gen.
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
why not? they could easily, but it dosent work in the long run.
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#7 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
I don't think it would do well if the others use controllers similar to the Wii's.  Or, perhaps it would if the price was a lot cheaper. I think most of us are more "hardcore" gamers, so of course we'd like better graphics, but if a cheaper console is better for small developers/business, I say go with it.  
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
wouldnt that go against their current philosophy? nintendo has been preaching that simply making a system more powerful will not innovate.
Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts
Why couldn't they. ATI and Nvidia make the graphic chips for all 3 consoles, Nintendo could easily have the most powerful if they wanted, of course it would be the most expensive as well.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
I love the Wii but it really seems like nintendo focused to much on the new controller then on making significant improvements on the hardware. Multipats seem like a downgrade , unless they use the wii remote for diffrent gameplay(I.e rayman)
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
How on earth would we know? lol

But the fact that Nintendo 's shares are going up all the time is a good indication that they will be able to challenge Microsoft and Sony in terms of hardware in the next-gen,i think Zelda,Mario and Miyamoto deserve good hardware because remembering back in the N64 days it wasn't just the controls at the time that were amazing but it was the graphics,and without both i don't believe we will get the breath through games with the wii that we did on the n64.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
wouldnt that go against their current philosophy? nintendo has been preaching that simply making a system more powerful will not innovate. LoG-Sacrament

Yes, but 5 years from now, an HD system with good online features could go for the low price of $200. Simplicity is in it's design, like the wii channels.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#13 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]wouldnt that go against their current philosophy? nintendo has been preaching that simply making a system more powerful will not innovate. goblaa

Yes, but 5 years from now, an HD system with good online features could go for the low price of $200. Simplicity is in it's design, like the wii channels.

i doubt nintendo would debut its console at under $250.
DisPimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DisPimpin
Member since 2006 • 2513 Posts
IMO, by that time MS and Sony will have already copied the Motion sensing controls and will have a surprise of their own, so Nintendo will not risk it and will try to have graphics that are as good as those of the competition. However, if they release a next gen console with graphics that are barely on par with those of this gen, I wouldnt get it either, not because I am graphics whore, but because Nintendo has to deliver to whole package. Wouldnt it be great if the Wii actually had good graphics and motion sensing controllers? That would have sold me on it. godhandiscen
It would still be a generation behind.
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts
IMO, by that time MS and Sony will have already copied the Motion sensing controls and will have a surprise of their own, so Nintendo will not risk it and will try to have graphics that are as good as those of the competition. However, if they release a next gen console with graphics that are barely on par with those of this gen, I wouldnt get it either, not because I am graphics whore, but because Nintendo has to deliver to whole package. Wouldnt it be great if the Wii actually had good graphics and motion sensing controllers? That would have sold me on it. godhandiscen
Your not happy with the modified Gamecube? I thought that graphics don't matter? Apparently, graphics do matter.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

[QUOTE="goblaa"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]wouldnt that go against their current philosophy? nintendo has been preaching that simply making a system more powerful will not innovate. LoG-Sacrament

i doubt nintendo would debut its console at under $250.

Alot can change in five years. HD is becoming more and more common and in 2009 TV will go to all digital channels.

Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Hyrule-master
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts
Ya Wii's graphics may not be what they should be, but they are enough to make awsome games like RE UC. 360 and PS3 fans now that they have a dying controller are such bad graphics whores these days all they do is post pictures onsystem wars. Games start to lose their value when people just blab about their high polygon count. TEh GRAPHIXERS
Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Hyrule-master
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts

[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]wouldnt that go against their current philosophy? nintendo has been preaching that simply making a system more powerful will not innovate. goblaa

Well they did say they were gonna jump back into the graphics race for the next console. So i doubt it will be any less power ful then the .... LET ME GUESS PS4 and Xbox 720 wow so original :roll:

ByFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ByFly
Member since 2006 • 1917 Posts
then it will still sell aslong as the wariomariozelda is on the console.. some people probably cant let go of it just yet.. lol
martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts
Nintendo have made so much money with its half-gen console that next gen they had better make a technically decent console or it just proves what a money-grabbing-mario-milking company they are.
actionquake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 actionquake
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts
My guess is they will try and head in a new direction altogether again. I am hoping for a resurection of virtual reality, with modern technology it could be amazing and realize all the promises it failed to live up to when it first came out.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

If Nintendo doesn't step up their hardware next gen...I might be dissapointed again. What? What do you want from me? Suicidal fanboyism?

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

whoa...why has the TC been banned? :?

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

[QUOTE="deadmeat59"]nintendo cant beat sony and ms in power so they take a different pathKenshi_is_god
they can they choose not to.

I don't thick they could have...The GC proved that.

Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts

[QUOTE="deadmeat59"]nintendo cant beat sony and ms in power so they take a different pathZerostatic0
Why couldn't they. ATI and Nvidia make the graphic chips for all 3 consoles, Nintendo could easily have the most powerful if they wanted, of course it would be the most expensive as well.

Not to mention power hasn't worked out for Nintendo. :wink:

Avatar image for pintabear49blue
pintabear49blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pintabear49blue
Member since 2007 • 4809 Posts

whoa...why has the TC been banned? :?

The_Ish

No clue , but this is an old thread(from feb)