What if, devs targets developing for PS and Nintendo while baiting for Gamepass money.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Seems like a really valid strategy is you ask me.

Dev, especially smaller indie to AA and Japanese devs that Microsoft crave for get in contact with Microsoft saying right now they only developing games for other consoles but, Microsoft could get a bite if they show money. These devs don't lose much not releasing games on xbox its already a niche market and if it successful on other consoles they could just port it to xbox and depends on word of mouth.

Idk it just pops up in my head after thinking about this very niche game that I am contemplating whether to buy or not (Noticed its only on PS and Switch).

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Game Pass offers the opportunity of exposure for smaller developers that aren't AAA big budget teams without customers having to purchase their games.

When games from devs like Capcom, Square Enix and Rockstar appear there, I'd imagine Microsoft pays them handsomely for their service. The benefit clearly goes to the smaller developers.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Game Pass is a great thing for indie developers because it allows people to try games at no risk that they otherwise wouldn't have spent money on, usually due to unfamiliarity with the title, or the developers. This would give indie developers a chance to gain more exposure than they normally would.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@eoten: "Game Pass is a great thing for indie developers because it allows people to try games at no risk that they otherwise wouldn't have spent money on."

Sounds like they can do that by releasing a demo.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@eoten: "Game Pass is a great thing for indie developers because it allows people to try games at no risk that they otherwise wouldn't have spent money on."

They could, but how often do you see demos? And demos don't do most games that have them any justice. With Game Pass though, the devs still get paid.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@briguyb13 said:

Game Pass offers the opportunity of exposure for smaller developers that aren't AAA big budget teams without customers having to purchase their games.

When games from devs like Capcom, Square Enix and Rockstar appear there, I'd imagine Microsoft pays them handsomely for their service. The benefit clearly goes to the smaller developers.

GamePass is garbo its not a value to any consumer. I own my games I buy what I want to play and get to keep them forever it just works why change something that is working 100% of the time everytime. I don't want to pay to sub to a bunch of garbage that I didn't pick out myself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@ProtossRushX said:
@briguyb13 said:

GamePass is garbo its not a value to any consumer. I own my games I buy what I want to play and get to keep them forever it just works why change something that is working 100% of the time everytime. I don't want to pay to sub to a bunch of garbage that I didn't pick out myself.

Your opinion means nothing to me, so don't waste either of our time quoting me with your irrelevant thoughts. I'd much rather converse with people who actually have experience with the things they talk about.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@briguyb13 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@briguyb13 said:

Your opinion means nothing to me, so don't waste either of our time quoting me with your irrelevant thoughts. I'd much rather converse with people who actually have experience with the things they talk about.

Experience with what being a shill for microsoft and gamepass? You said you need a guide to beat bloodborne yet your PSN profile says you beat only the first 2 bosses and thats it? I beat the entire game and the secret boss without a guide and your friggin lying saying you need a guide for the 2 bosses you killed.

You say there is performance issues when its always been a rock solid 30 FPS for me and I beat the entire game while you killed 2 bosses.

Bro I'm not even sure if your a gamer at this point you say ps5 is more expensive than x-series x when microsoft charges 100 dollars year JUSt for online and doesn't give you any collection of games like sony does with PS+ Collections for ps5. Just stop already everyone sees through your lies already if you don't like getting critiqued for having an awful opinion don't post on system wars and just let other people see you getting called out for lying on here.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

Yeah Game Pass is definitely a great way for smaller devs and games to get some recognition. Pretty much the only reason that I’d get Game Pass is to try out games that I might not normally play. Most of the big name titles and Microsoft first party games are ones that I’ll straight up buy anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Archangel3371 said:

Yeah Game Pass is definitely a great way for smaller devs and games to get some recognition. Pretty much the only reason that I’d get Game Pass is to try out games that I might not normally play. Most of the big name titles and Microsoft first party games are ones that I’ll straight up buy anyway.

Yeah but if its so "great" then wouldn't you actually buy it and use it? I don't see the point in saying something is great then not using it. You can be honest and say its not worth it to you and doesn't meet your needs at all as a service instead of saying its so great that I don't even use it. Like just be honest man its not cutting the mustard for you, you didn't buy it, you don't use AA batteries you bought and use the recharge kit so having the option doesn't matter to you at all or you wouldn't have paid 25 bux for the recharge kit dude and just used rechargable AA batteries.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@ProtossRushX said:

Experience with what being a shill for microsoft and gamepass? You said you need a guide to beat bloodborne yet your PSN profile says you beat only the first 2 bosses and thats it? I beat the entire game and the secret boss without a guide and your friggin lying saying you need a guide for the 2 bosses you killed.

You say there is performance issues when its always been a rock solid 30 FPS for me and I beat the entire game while you killed 2 bosses.

Bro I'm not even sure if your a gamer at this point you say ps5 is more expensive than x-series x when microsoft charges 100 dollars year JUSt for online and doesn't give you any collection of games like sony does with PS+ Collections for ps5. Just stop already everyone sees through your lies already if you don't like getting critiqued for having an awful opinion don't post on system wars and just let other people see you getting called out for lying on here.

You're as fake as CNN news. You shill for Playstation and barely have or play any games on Playstation. You can't afford a Switch so you get a Switch Lite. You can't afford a Series X, PS5 or a One X so you have a dirty original Xbox One. You can't afford furniture so you use boxes. LOL :D

You attack legit posters and troll incoherently, nobody takes you seriously here and people laugh at you because you're a clown. Now please stop this juvenile behavior and try to respect yourself more. People would like you more if you were sincere and mature, and used better grammar.

That's all the free help you'll receive from me child, now go ask your daddy for life guidance and leave the adults alone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@briguyb13: sure bro let me know when you get past the 2nd boss in bloodborne and complain how you needed a guide for them lol. Why would someone take your word (barely played the game) over someone that has the secret final boss achievement on the game? Facts matter and in another post users said I completely owned you when I posted all the sytems I owned so actually a lot of people do agree with me over you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@ProtossRushX said:

@briguyb13: sure bro let me know when you get past the 2nd boss in bloodborne and complain how you needed a guide for them lol. Why would someone take your word (barely played the game) over someone that has the secret final boss achievement on the game? Facts matter and in another post users said I completely owned you when I posted all the sytems I owned so actually a lot of people do agree with me over you.

Just hater SW 'taters. I hope you don't think those people are your friends. LOL! Here's some tissue.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61479 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Link.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Nah, I’ll say that I think it’s great all I want and I’ll get it when I get it. I don’t concern myself with your childish fanboy insecurities. 😅

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@Chutebox said:

I 100% agree.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

That's some tinfoil hat like conspiracies you got going on OP.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69462 Posts

These are many moments which shows that despite all the claim of amazing games available on their favorite platform, Xbox continues to be on their mind.

On topic.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

As long as Sony doesn't acquire more studios, idc.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

@eoten said:

Game Pass is a great thing for indie developers because it allows people to try games at no risk that they otherwise wouldn't have spent money on, usually due to unfamiliarity with the title, or the developers. This would give indie developers a chance to gain more exposure than they normally would.

Absolutely, Carrion was nowhere near my radar till I finally got on gamepass. I didn't put down the controller for another hour and a half, fantastic game, wish there was an in game map tho