What Hideki Kamiya thinks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts
of DmC : The KAMIYA has spoken! Good for Ninja Theory I guess. DmC is after all their highest scoring game on Metacritic. I find it funny NT said they were waiting for MGR when Kamiya is not involved with it :P
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Not surprising.

Unlike a bunch of you fanboys who are biased,annoying crybabies,he's honest and can appreciate a game.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

he's just being polite but tease him a little and all hell will break loose.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fend_oblivion

Not surprising.

Unlike a bunch of you fanboys who are biased,annoying crybabies,he's honest and can appreciate a game.

GreekGameManiac
Not me, I'm getting the game for the PC. January 25 baby!
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Not surprising.

GreekGameManiac

There is an argument to be made that, when judged alongside the rest of the series,DmCis a badDevil May Crygame. The suggestion may be debatable, but there's a potential case to be made. It's more streamlined, it's not as challenging, and ultimately it has stripped away what a significant portion of the fanbase love most of the series. -Jim Sterling

If a troll like him can understand then why others can't?

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

That's respectful of him

Not surprising.

GreekGameManiac

Please cry more about people disliking the game. o:

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GreekGameManiac

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

Not surprising.

Gue1

There is an argument to be made that, when judged alongside the rest of the series,DmCis a badDevil May Crygame. The suggestion may be debatable, but there's a potential case to be made. It's more streamlined, it's not as challenging, and ultimately it has stripped away what a significant portion of the fanbase love most of the series. -Jim Sterling

If a troll like him can understand then why others can't?

How many times does this have to be said.

It's.NOT.supposed.to.be.like,the.old.DMC.games!

It's SUPPOSED to be different! it's a reboot,in a parallel universe,marketed to a new gen of fans,esp. casuals.

So the "case" you mention is irrelevant.

They NEVER said they'd make a game similar to past titles in the series.

So complaining is unjustified.

Go play the HD Collection.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#8 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

Not surprising.

GreekGameManiac
He is obviously going to say it since he is the creator of the franchise, he still loves bayonetta more. for example Kamiya said that bayonetta would beat dante in a fight, even though thats utter bs, but he only said it because he no longer works for capcom (last time I heard, the guy hates capcom to the guts), and he was not about to bash her new baby, specially considering how it would also be bad for their new bosses.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

He just said it's unique and he hopes people enjoy it. That's it. He offered no opinion on the actual game.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
He's probably under a gag order from Capcom that was written into his contract with them many years ago.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
It's.NOT.supposed.to.be.like,the.old.DMC.games!GreekGameManiac
Seems kinda dumb to call it DMC then.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

He just said it's unique and he hopes people enjoy it. That's it. He offered no opinion on actual game.

DarkLink77
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#13 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]It's.NOT.supposed.to.be.like,the.old.DMC.games!Zeviander
Seems kinda dumb to call it DMC then.

Seems kinda smart to call it DMC, because Stylish Action Game with Angels & Demons is going to sell about 0.25 copies.

Everyone who has expectations of what a DMC game should be has seen enough of this one to get an idea of whether those expectations are being met. It's not like they're tricking anyone.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

He's probably under a gag order from Capcom that was written into his contract with them many years ago.Zeviander

or he's still under fire from his "stupid f*cking foreigners" statement, which was completely justified.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

Not surprising.

lightleggy
He is obviously going to say it since he is the creator of the franchise, he still loves bayonetta more. for example Kamiya said that bayonetta would beat dante in a fight, even though thats utter bs, but he only said it because he no longer works for capcom (last time I heard, the guy hates capcom to the guts), and he was not about to bash her new baby, specially considering how it would also be bad for their new bosses.

If you played Bayonetta you'd know that Dante really can't beat her. She's leagues above him in power.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

If you played Bayonetta you'd know that Dante really can't beat her. She's leagues above him in power.Capitan_Kid

Dante > Bayonetta, all day every day.

Donte, howver...

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
kamiya has spoken..
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GreekGameManiac

kamiya has spoken.. campzor

We should obey!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeviander"]He's probably under a gag order from Capcom that was written into his contract with them many years ago.ChubbyGuy40

or he's still under fire from his "stupid f*cking foreigners" statement, which was completely justified.

Or he's actually being sincere. He has no part of the games production, he had no real say in DMCs direction, and as a dev he has no desire to bash another dev.

The notion that some of you think he would respond to a dev making a game the same way he would to an internet blog using his name for a cheap hits article is ridiculous.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

of DmC : The KAMIYA has spoken! Good for Ninja Theory I guess. DmC is after all their highest scoring game on Metacritic. I find it funny NT said they were waiting for MGR when Kamiya is not involved with it :Pfend_oblivion

It's a bad spin in the article. Pathetic writing in gaming journalism and Eurogamer once again.

Mr. Bad Ass Kamiya didn't outright say he liked the new title or not, but they wrote he did anyways. He simply said :

"I've been getting a lot of DmC tweets lately. DmC is a very unique title, and I honestly hope that people enjoy it."

"I am also happy to see all of your messages, even though the first Devil May Cry came out 12 years ago," he added. "That being said, DMC has been on its own path for a long time now and asking my opinion of things is pointless... My only opinion is that people continue to love the Devil May Cry series, both fans and its creators alike. It's yours now."

--------

My guess on why he didn't comment was he simply hasn't played it and has no desire to play it and doesn't have a strong opinion either way. It could also be that Kamiya-san didn't want to knock a fellow developer down. It's simple politics. Either way, Kamiya didn't say he liked it or not which is not what Eurogamer claimed with the terrible headline : Original DMC creator a fan of the reboot. What poor writing. It seems that bad spin didn't go unnoticed though judging from the community.

It's also pretty sad that Ninja Theory's said they can't wait to play Metal Gear Rising when he's not on that title. It's almost as if people will continue to forever confuse Kamiya with the entirety of Platinum.

Also, note to OP, metacritic is too early to judge as of yet, you have to give the final metascore two weeks -month before you know how this game will fare. I only mention this as you brought up the metascore. It currently is a few points higher than Enslaved, but the tallies aren't all in yet. I'm sure it will be fine though, I'm just giving a heads up as you did directly compare their library. Those other games are done cooking so to speak, and DmC is still in the oven. It's going to be an AA affair, just like Enslaved, which I said two years ago when I heard they were working on this game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]of DmC : The KAMIYA has spoken! Good for Ninja Theory I guess. DmC is after all their highest scoring game on Metacritic. I find it funny NT said they were waiting for MGR when Kamiya is not involved with it :PSolidTy

It's a bad spin in the article. Pathetic writing in gaming journal and Eurogamer once again.

Mr. Bad Ass Kamiya didn't outright say he liked the new title or not, but they wrote he did anyways. He simply said :

"I've been getting a lot of DmC tweets lately. DmC is a very unique title, and I honestly hope that people enjoy it."

"I am also happy to see all of your messages, even though the first Devil May Cry came out 12 years ago," he added. "That being said, DMC has been on its own path for a long time now and asking my opinion of things is pointless... My only opinion is that people continue to love the Devil May Cry series, both fans and its creators alike. It's yours now."

--------

It's also pretty sad that Ninja Theory's said they can't wait to play Metal Gear Rising when he's not on that title. It's almost as if people will continue to forever confuse Kamiya with the entirety of Platinum.

I was wondering what you were talking about, and then I actually clicked the link. I jus assumed it was a link to his twitter. Oh Eurogamer cIass move there.

kamiyadmcsmjzj.png

Ladies and gentlemen(oh who are we kidding, boys) that's what Kamiya said on his personal twitter. A site where he's clearly shown he'll say what he feels like whether he's sincere or saying it in jest.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

I'd take that as a positive thing, Kamiya if he hated the game he'd say he didn't like it.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]of DmC : The KAMIYA has spoken! Good for Ninja Theory I guess. DmC is after all their highest scoring game on Metacritic. I find it funny NT said they were waiting for MGR when Kamiya is not involved with it :Pjg4xchamp

It's a bad spin in the article. Pathetic writing in gaming journalism and Eurogamer once again.

--------

My guess on why he didn't comment was he simply hasn't played it and has no desire to play it and doesn't have a strong opinion either way. It could also be that Kamiya-san didn't want to knock a fellow developer down. It's simple politics. Either way, Kamiya didn't say he liked it or not which is not what Eurogamer claimed with the terrible headline : Original DMC creator a fan of the reboot. What poor writing. It seems that bad spin didn't go unnoticed though judging from the community.

Also, note to OP, metacritic is too early to judge as of yet, you have to give the final metascore two weeks -month before you know how this game will fare. I only mention this as you brought up the metascore. It currently is a few points higher than Enslaved, but the tallies aren't all in yet. I'm sure it will be fine though, I'm just giving a heads up as you did directly compare their library. Those other games are done cooking so to speak, and DmC is still in the oven. It's going to be an AA affair, just like Enslaved, which I said two years ago when I heard they were working on this game.

I was wondering what you were talking about, and then I actually clicked the link. I jus assumed it was a link to his twitter. Oh Eurogamer cIass move there.

kamiyadmcsmjzj.png

Ladies and gentlemen(oh who are we kidding, boys) that's what Kamiya said on his personal twitter. A site where he's clearly shown he'll say what he feels like whether he's sincere or saying it in jest.

I'm pleased that you posted those tweets, Kamiya didn't really say one way or the other. I do wish I knew what he really thought. He's probably too busy crafting his latest title, W101, to play NT's games.

I have read quite a few articles on what Kamiya does think of the DMC franchise. A few years back he said it's like watching your child go off and do other things after a divorce. You may not like the child's direction, but you only have so much power. I'm paraphrasing, but it was in one of my magazines a few years back.

Also, Kamiya has to be careful with him making headlines and getting flak from Platinum's higher ups on Twitter. Platinum needs more gaming dev allies, not enemies. He didn't bash the game as he was expected too, so there's always that.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
"Unique" :lol:! It's like when a mom ask the teacher what he thinks of her son (who is a complete idiot). Teacher: "Well, he is very unique".
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

--------

SolidTy

kamiyadmcsmjzj.png

I'm pleased that you posted those tweets, Kamiya didn't really say one way or the other. I do wish I knew what he really thought. He's probably too busy crafting his latest title, W101, to play NT's games.

I have read quite a few articles on what Kamiya does think of the DMC franchise. A few years back he said it's like watching your child go off and do other things after a divorce. You may not like the child's direction, but you only have so much power. I'm paraphrasing, but it was in one of my magazines a few years back.

Also, Kamiya has to be careful with him making headlines and getting flak from Platinum's higher ups on Twitter. Platinum needs more gaming dev allies, not enemies. He didn't bash the game as he was expected too, so there's always that.

I sincerely think he doesn't really care. He said it even way back when he was talking about Bayonetta. He compared DMC to a chick he used to know who started hanging out with another dude and just isn't his chick anymore(maybe that's why Bayonetta is a chick, who knows). He had nothing negative to say about any of those games(even DMC2 if I recall he was politically correct about how it was received, but wasn't bad mouthing anybody). He doesn't bad mouth devs in general.

The Kotaku incident is one thing(and not even remotely comparable to discussing the merits of a game), and when it comes to twitter he's a no nonsense dude. I'm sure he's been around long enough to know better. He's clearly had all this time to rip Sega a new one, but he restrains from that. I do believe he has no intention of playing DmC, but I also believe he's fine with other people enjoying another take.

He can be blunt, but he's not exactly Itagaki(for the record who I absolutely love for how potentially douchy he can be).

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

I stopped playing Japenese games after 2011:?
So this game is a BIG MEH for me.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jg4xchamp

faizan_faizan

e5113945.png The new DmC isn't a Japanese game.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fend_oblivion
SolidTy
I mentioned the Metacritic score only because there were a lot of people thinking that this game would bomb critically (an AA score is very respectable). The next thing they'd be waiting for is the game bombing in terms of sales.

faizan_faizan

The game is Western.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]

jg4xchamp

e5113945.png The new DmC isn't a Japanese game.

Stil meh.
jackfruitchips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jackfruitchips
Member since 2012 • 1065 Posts

He tried to be polite. "Unique" can be bad or good.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
I'm still gonna play the game someday..if my backlog ever dwindles.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] I was wondering what you were talking about, and then I actually clicked the link. I jus assumed it was a link to his twitter. Oh Eurogamer cIass move there.

kamiyadmcsmjzj.png

jg4xchamp

I sincerely think he doesn't really care. He said it even way back when he was talking about Bayonetta. He compared DMC to a chick he used to know who started hanging out with another dude and just isn't his chick anymore(maybe that's why Bayonetta is a chick, who knows). He had nothing negative to say about any of those games(even DMC2 if I recall he was politically correct about how it was received, but wasn't bad mouthing anybody). He doesn't bad mouth devs in general.

The Kotaku incident is one thing(and not even remotely comparable to discussing the merits of a game), and when it comes to twitter he's a no nonsense dude. I'm sure he's been around long enough to know better. He's clearly had all this time to rip Sega a new one, but he restrains from that. I do believe he has no intention of playing DmC, but I also believe he's fine with other people enjoying another take.

He can be blunt, but he's not exactly Itagaki(for the record who I absolutely love for how potentially douchy he can be).

Man, I love Itagaki.

"Itagaki-san, what are your top five least favorite fighting games?"

"1. Tekken

2. Tekken 2

3. Tekken 3

4. Tekken 4

5. Tekken 5.

I'd put Tekken 6 in there, too, but you asked for a top 5. But man, Tekken is so bad. It's a poor man's Dead or Alive"

I'm paraphasing, but that's more or less accurate.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

So....from what I hear the game seems pretty good. Good battle mechanics, good combat, good gameplay, good design, overall it looks good. Yet, for the most part, from what I've heard about the game from people, they don't like it because the new Dante has cut back, black hair.

Are people this @n@l over coesmetics?

I mean, they can be good but there are times where it can hide too much of what's inside.