What have cows got to counter Titan Fall and Quantum Break?

• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

What have cows got to counter Titan Fall, Halo 5 and Quantum Break ? The game situation is looking very dire on the PS4. No body cares about Infamous and Drive Club is struggling and probably be a flop. No sign of Uncharted or a new God of War. And lets just face it, apart from UC none of these games are system sellers. Are cows hopes on Indie games? Even there it looks like all Indie devs are scrambling to get on board the superior development environment on the XBO. Even the $100 price difference is only having marginal effect on sales as the PS4 is not too far ahead. All the while the XBO development kits keep improving and its a matter of time before it meets parity with resolution on the PS4, but then again semi-core don't care for this but lapping up the multimedia features. Sony by the way keep losing money and can't afford to secure big exclusives. The future is looking dire for cows and their ps4s.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Both of those games look lame and boring to me. Doesn't make me want to own an Xbox One.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

What have cows got to counter Titan Fall, Halo 5 and Quantum Break ? The game situation is looking very dire on the PS4. No body cares about Infamous and Drive Club is struggling and probably be a flop. No sign of Uncharted or a new God of War. And lets just face it, apart from UC none of these games are system sellers. Are cows hopes on Indie games? Even there it looks like all Indie devs are scrambling to get on board the superior development environment on the XBO. Even the $100 price difference is only having marginal effect on sales as the PS4 is not too far ahead. All the while the XBO development kits keep improving and its a matter of time before it meets parity with resolution on the PS4, but then again semi-core don't care for this but lapping up the multimedia features. Sony by the way keep losing money and can't afford to secure big exclusives. The future is looking dire for cows and their ps4s.

Titanfall doesn't need to be counter multiplatforms = lol.

Troll

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Well, Titanfall looks like a 360 game for one, so I think they'll be alright.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

gddr5 :P (j/k)

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Scipio8 said:

Troll

Only on Microsoft platforms, Lulz not coming to Ps4, try harder might Tormentos you have failed

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I think we're supposed to make a list of PS4 games that the TC will dismiss because of reasons. I think that's what he wants. WHAT DO YOU WANT, TC?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

UC4, The Order 1886, InFamous, are three solid titles. Titanfall isn't even exclusive, we've not seen QB gameplay and we haven't got a release date for Halo 5 so who knows what Sony could reveal by then.

Cows also have the better version of 99% of multiplats.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

We using movies as ownage now? Well in that case, Sony has The Amazing Spider-Man 2 coming out in may.

Keyword: Amazing

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

Both consoles just came out, wtf are you talking about countering games. After my day one PS3 I learnt a valuable leason : Buying a system before it does one year, is a bad move.

Until then...meh

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

Why is it that every time a lemming says the PS4 has no games, they not only list PS4 games but also try to dismiss them? Both DriveClub and Infamous Second Son will move consoles considering how early into the generation we are. The Order 1886 and the new Uncharted also look very promising. There probably isn't going to be a new GOW considering Santa Monica is not only working on one but two new IP's.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#12 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

The Order and Uncharted will counter Halo and Quantum Break. TitanFall doesn't have a counter.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

@tormentos said:

@Scipio8 said:

Troll

Only on Microsoft platforms, Lulz not coming to Ps4, try harder might Tormentos you have failed

didnt know ms made pcs

@Floppy_Jim said:

I think we're supposed to make a list of PS4 games that the TC will dismiss because of reasons. I think that's what he wants. WHAT DO YOU WANT, TC?

totally agreed. failed troll lol

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

The Order and Uncharted will counter Halo and Quantum Break. TitanFall doesn't have a counter.

It's not an Xbone exclusive either, so it doesn't have to

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k: The game doesn't fall into the logic of not existing; MLB the Show is a still a one up for the PS4 even though it's not exclusive. The Xbox One is receiving a what looks to be top of the line shooter... something in which the PS4 clearly lacks.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer:

MLB has never counted for ps3 in the past due to being on ps2 and psp as well. also, there's are a few pc/ps4 shooters (hell, even free to play) that nobody even mentions.

Exclusives are what matter.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Titanfall looks good but it doesn't have the Call of Duty logo smashed onto it, all those bro gamers aren't going to be rushing out to get it for their COD fix. I might pick it up for 360 if the reviews are good, if not I'll wait until I get my XB1 in 3-5 years.

On the other hand, I'm really impressed with Infamous: Second Son. I've loved the past games in the franchise and I'm liking the new direction and new character.

Quantum Break looks phenomenal, but I'm very concerned about how it's going to blend television with gameplay. I loved Alan Wake so I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this. In terms of scores and sales though, if looking at Alan Wake it will be an average-good (AAE) title. Nothing on the scale of Halo or Uncharted.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@R4gn4r0k: The game doesn't fall into the logic of not existing; MLB the Show is a still a one up for the PS4 even though it's not exclusive. The Xbox One is receiving a what looks to be top of the line shooter... something in which the PS4 clearly lacks.

I get countering exclusives with exclusives. Halo vs Killzone for example.

I do not however, get countering non-exclusives with exclusives. Can you play Titanfall on PS4 ? no. Do you need an Xbone to play titanfall ? no

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Titanfall is just another multiplayer shooter and Quantum Break is a cool concept with squandered gameplay.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

This is easy! I've got this fellas!

1. The Order 1886

2. Uncharted 4

3. Infamous: Second Son

Next question?

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan3
BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BattlefieldFan3
Member since 2012 • 361 Posts

Titanfall isn't even in the top 10 most-wanted Xbone games list...

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

I'd rather play Rime than any upcoming X1 exclusive (Titanfall is NOT an exclusive silly boy).

And then you have Uncharted 4, inFamous SS, The Order 1886, Driveclub, Yakuza and Deep Down. All 2014 (maybe not UC4) BIIOOOOOTCHHH.

What ya got lem? Halo 5? Goddangit, Halo is way past it. And with Bungie now developing Destiny (definitive version on ps4), Halo 5 is most likely going to end up as another turd like Halo 4. Thank you 343i for ruining one of the best mp focused franchises ever!

Sunset Overdrive? I remember how lems used to bash insomniac saying they were done and couldn't dev a fps to save their lives... Now all of a sudden... Sunset Overdrive = AAAE

Quantum Break? Eh, tv show hybrid... Gross.

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan3
BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BattlefieldFan3
Member since 2012 • 361 Posts

@StriateEnd said:

I'd rather play Rime than any upcoming X1 exclusive (Titanfall is NOT an exclusive silly boy).

And then you have Uncharted 4, inFamous SS, The Order 1886, Driveclub, Yakuza and Deep Down. All 2014 (maybe not UC4) BIIOOOOOTCHHH.

What ya got lem? Halo 5? Goddangit, Halo is way past it. And with Bungie now developing Destiny (definitive version on ps4), Halo 5 is most likely going to end up as another turd like Halo 4. Thank you 343i for ruining one of the best mp focused franchises ever!

Sunset Overdrive? I remember how lems used to bash insomniac saying they were done and couldn't dev a fps to save their lives... Now all of a sudden... Sunset Overdrive = AAAE

Quantum Break? Eh, tv show hybrid... Gross.

And PS4 will have the exclusive 1080p feature and the exclusive LOCKED 30 FPS feature on Destiny while Xboners will be lucky to get 720p at 20 FPS average.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

They have dozens of indie games the PS2 can handle. That's what they have.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

if Titanfall and Quantum Break were PS4 exclusives then cows would be singing a much different tune

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

@general_solo76 said:

1. The Order 1886

2. Uncharted 4

Next question?

That was easy.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

didn't this happen last gen? where lems were all over the initial release of games of PS3, then the PS3 ended up with more exclusives than the 360

hilarious

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

you would think lemmings learned their lesson after ps1 ps2 and ps3 but they didnt!

SHAME!

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@mrxboxone: and yet everyone is playing minecraft

nonsoville2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nonsoville2
Member since 2006 • 4124 Posts

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

..sorry but as beastly as TF looks.. I'm far more interested in 1886 and Second Son.. so.. next question.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

I'll remember this thread when the PS4 is still getting new IPs and exclusives released by 2020, while the Xbox One releases Halo 5-8, Quantic Dream (won't sell cause it's not a bro game), Titanfall 1-3 by the year 2017 and then disappears and is never seen or heard from again.

Renegade311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Renegade311
Member since 2013 • 350 Posts

@StriateEnd said:

I haven't seen a single person on here hype Sunset Overdrive let alone hype it AAAE.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@Scipio8 said:

I'll remember this thread when the PS4 is still getting new IPs and exclusives released by 2020, while the Xbox One releases Halo 5-8, Quantic Dream (won't sell cause it's not a bro game), Titanfall 1-3 by the year 2017 and then disappears and is never seen or heard from again.

What's this bro game nonsense? like your ps4's best selling games aren't "bro games?"

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@general_solo76 said:

1. The Order 1886

2. Uncharted 4

Next question?

Titanfall
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive
Halo 5
Halo Spartan Assult
Below
D4
Project Spark
Black Tusks new game
Fable Legends
Killer Instinct
Ryse
Dead Rising 3
Forza 5
Peggle 2
Powerstar Golf
Crimson Dragoon
the definitive version of Fifa

easier....neway, Xbox One out does the ps4 in just quantity of titles coming to the system alone. new ips, popular series being continued on into the next generation, then the arcade games. its just too much imo...all the ps4 has put out to people really is Deep Down, The Order 1886, and sequels to Infamous and Uncharted. its pretty boring. yea, this IS easy....

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

pornhub

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Infamous, The Order and more than likely Uncharted.

Xbone's 2014 "line up" just got fucked in all holes.

@tymeservesfate said:

Quantum Break

Halo 5

Project Spark

Dead Rising 3

Took the opportunity to remove the crap no one cares about or doesn't even have a name.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

pornhub

ain't nothin wrong with that

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#41 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Perhaps a PS4 game that hasn't been announced, or hasn't yet been released, will beat a couple of other games that also haven't been released.

I mean, wtf is the point of these threads?

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

quantum leap/physics or whatever looks interesting but i need to see more. Titanfall will be countered by the fact it is on PC and from the looks of it wont require a monster rig to run so cows could just spend $500 bucks on a more than competent PC and play it if they choose.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

pornhub

Touche

10 points to Gryffindor

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

First of all, Titanfall IS NOT X1 EXCLUSIVE! I still have a 360 and if I truly desire to play it, I will on there. It doesn't even look that good and it is MP only. Respawn better think about only charging $39.99 since it will be a bare bones package! Secondly, if I were a Lem, Id check my excitement on Quantum Break. There has been ZERO actual gameplay shown. All we have seen is the E3 video which was running on a PC and it still wasn't actual gameplay as there was no HUD, no life bar, no objectives to be seen or any controller prompts. Plus as with Ryse, Id expect a massive visual downgrade once the final product hits. The X1 is proven to be weak sauce hardware and the cloud cant do anything to overcome that!

Meanwhile over in the land of 1080p and 60fps, the PS4 will have Driveclub, The Order 1886, Deep Down, MLB The Show 14 and whatever Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, Santa Monica and Quantic Dreams comes up with! Plus all of the superior multiplats that we can handle.

Why don't you Lems go watch some TV or have a conversation with your Kinect. Be careful though, I wouldn't put any games in your Xbone. They might get messed up with that crap ass disc drive!

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

Titanfall isn't exclusive. /thread

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

What is the hype for Quantum Break?

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#47  Edited By carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

Funny how suddenly only next gen matters when Sony has brought the heat all the way through 2013.

God of War: Acension

The Last of Us

Beyond: Two Souls

Puppeteer

Gran Turismo 6

In addition to KZ SF and Knack..... Not to mention PS Vita stuff like Killzone Mercenaries and the amazing Tearaway.

I guess lemmings expect Sony to drop the PS3 like MS drops the Xbox prior to every next gen?

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: neither of those games will have the lasting appeal Halo will.

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: sure, you don't know what your talking about. I'll give you a few pointers, the order runs at 900p and the last we heard, drive club was struggling to do 30 fps.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Liquid_: It wasn't until halfway into 2013 did the PS3 finally pass the Xbox 360 in the GS metagame.