What happened to next Brothers in arms game?

#1 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9986 posts) -

Hello friends,

so Gearbox announced next brothers in arms was in development last year

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/06/03/gearbox-software-new-brothers-in-arms-game/

where randy pitchford said they were working on authentic brothers in arms games last year. but still no new announcement.

I really liked Road to hill 30 despite it being very flawed and too scripted even more so than COD but tactical gameplay was good. didnot liked hells highway due to being cover shooter. hoping next brothers in arms will improve it as it is only last hope for WW2 shooters after what we have seeing battlefield V.

Gearbox need to announced this soon rather than borderlands 3 a mediocre coop franchise.

so friends, will it be announced soon? or E3 with 2020 release date? lets discuss

#2 Posted by Diddies (2399 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: I have a friend that works there. I will see if he will tell me anything or if he can. I have went to some of their launch party events for a few of their games and have been to their office.

#3 Posted by PernicioEnigma (6078 posts) -

I wouldn't have much hope for it, but it would be nice. I'd rather a proper sequel to Red Orchestra 2, and Hell Let Loose might have potential as far as realistic WWII games go.

#4 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31188 posts) -

@PernicioEnigma said:

I wouldn't have much hope for it, but it would be nice. I'd rather a proper sequel to Red Orchestra 2, and Hell Let Loose might have potential as far as realistic WWII games go.

Red Orchestra 3 is in early development stages because they don't know what conflict it will portray yet.

Hell let Loose has me really excited.

#5 Posted by Robbie23 (367 posts) -

I thought the brothers in arm game was cancelled to focus on a online multiplayer game which flopped hard (I forgot the name of it)

#6 Posted by PernicioEnigma (6078 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@PernicioEnigma said:

Red Orchestra 3 is in early development stages because they don't know what conflict it will portray yet.

Are they debating what conflict within WWII they want to portray, or are they considering ditching WWII entirely?

#7 Posted by Mandzilla (4109 posts) -

Both Road to Hill 30 and Earned in Blood were phenomenal, still easily the best WW2 games to date for me.

#8 Edited by R4gn4r0k (31188 posts) -

@PernicioEnigma said:

Are they debating what conflict within WWII they want to portray, or are they considering ditching WWII entirely?

They said they weren't sure if they are going to do WWII next, but if they don't, they will definitely return to WWII some day.

So it might be WWII, or it might be something entirely different.

Honestly, I'm fine with another game set on the Eastern Front.

#9 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9986 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@PernicioEnigma said:

MP so waste of time.

Red orchestra realistic gameplay would have worked amazingly on Single player. shame tripwire doesnot have budget to make a single player campaign.

#10 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9986 posts) -

@robbie23 said:

I thought the brothers in arm game was cancelled to focus on a online multiplayer game which flopped hard (I forgot the name of it)

it become battleborne. a game no one remember.

other than authentic brothers in arms is in development.

#11 Posted by Mandzilla (4109 posts) -

They set themselves up for a sequel after Hell's Highway, it was meant to focus on the Battle of the Bulge from what I remember.

#12 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (3399 posts) -

Randy Pitchford gives me a Peter Molyneux vibe, in that I think he gets really worked up and excited about the projects they're working on and talks about things before they're set in stone.

#13 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31188 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:

MP so waste of time.

Red orchestra realistic gameplay would have worked amazingly on Single player. shame tripwire doesnot have budget to make a single player campaign.

You have to simply understand that sometimes the pure epicness of an online battle is simply more realised than what a singleplayer scripted setpiece can ever achieve:

Charging objectives with my team:

#14 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9986 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

MP so waste of time.

You have to simply understand that sometimes the pure epicness of an online battle is simply more realised than what a singleplayer scripted setpiece can ever achieve:

Charging objectives with my team:

in SP you complete objectives and move on to next mission. in MP you are doing exact same thing in same map over and over again.

I cant play MP without getting bored within half hour. RO2 would have work amazing in SP too. imagine story driven WW2 game with realistic gameplay that RO2 offer. it would have been amazing.

#15 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31188 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:

in SP you complete objectives and move on to next mission. in MP you are doing exact same thing in same map over and over again.

Goes to show you don't play multiplayer games. There is actually a lot of variables going on in multiplayer.

#16 Posted by freedomfreak (51201 posts) -

BiA games did their settings so well. The levels looked great, and pretty much what these towns still look like today. Too many games you're going to Russia or Africa or.. what else is there..

Belgium, France, Netherlands and so on. They make for great levels.

#17 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31188 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:

BiA games did their settings so well. The levels looked great, and pretty much what these towns still look like today. Too many games you're going to Russia or Africa or.. what else is there..

Belgium, France, Netherlands and so on. They make for great levels.

Hedgerow hell

#18 Edited by bussinrounds (3136 posts) -

Meh...Hidden & Dangerous series had better and more realistic SP WW2 games compared to BIA, with that contrived flanking system and those small ass maps. Much more interesting mission design/variety also.

Now a new game from that series done properly is something that would actually make me want to upgrade my PC, but they don't make those kinds of sp games any more, so I'm not exactly holding my breath.

#19 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9986 posts) -

@bussinrounds said:

Now a new game from that series done properly is something that would actually make me want to upgrade my PC, but they don't make those kinds of sp games any more, so I'm not exactly holding my breath.

why not upgrading PC for Metro Exodus? it will worth it.

#20 Posted by HarrisonCossie (1 posts) -

They have to continue as said they set up to continue in the Battle of the Bulge with the speak speech at the end from Baker where Sam walks off and then literally the end when the screen fades to black it says “To be continued” so they have to carry the series on or they will be receiving a few fines/lawsuits

#21 Edited by warmblur (2511 posts) -

Don't believe anything that comes out of Randy Pitchfords mouth.