What happend to heavenly sword

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for royal_x_supreme
royal_x_supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 royal_x_supreme
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts

Well here's my little perspectiveon heavenly sword

When they showed of the game at E3 2006..... :o it was amazing the, graphics were superb the light was so awesome and the floor looked great lol, the animations were smooth and better than anything I've ever seen before, the camera angles were top notch (when doing her supper st*le moves), the music that went really well with the combat, the sound effects of the sword hitting the enemies the rubble on the floor and the camera was in quite close which made u able to see to great graphics the awesome moves and fluid animation.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=10439&type=wmv&pl=game

But ... when they showed it of at that Sony gamers day thing it was horrible ... well not horrible but was nothing compared to itsE3 2006 counter part. The first thing i noticed was that the camera was far out WAY far out i could hardly make out these awesome moves i saw before, the music where did it go all i could here where the changed sword effects which sounded clunky and cheap :?, The animation arghhhh what the hell happened the animation was terrible it went from looking great and fluid to this horrible frame skipping mess the sweet moves looked choppy and too fast and when she moves it lokks really robotic (i think the change the frame rate from 60 to 30 or something) and the graphics looked dodgy

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19667&type=wmv&pl=game

well this is what i think so far I am really hoping that they will change it back but I know that isn't going to happen :cry: and I've always seen people say that the graphics have been downgraded and have never believed them well i think there right. Also to people say that this game looks like trash in 2006 i would have said u were silly blind fanboys but now in 2007 i have to agree with you :(

What do u think?

Ps sorry if this is poorly written I'm in a rush

RaniK_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RaniK_
Member since 2004 • 10542 Posts
Downgraded viciously. 
dmaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dmaximum
Member since 2004 • 700 Posts

Heavenly Sword was and is one of my most highly anticipated titles. I think you need to go read a few of the developer interviews and read the comments of the people that were in attendance at SGD and see what they say about the game. You would be better served to put this in your blog.

Edit: For false accusation.

Avatar image for Watch_Me_Xplode
Watch_Me_Xplode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Watch_Me_Xplode
Member since 2005 • 8049 Posts
I'll buy it no matter what. I'm a hardcore God of War fan. ;)
Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Silvereign
Member since 2006 • 3006 Posts
 Well at least me and your thread have something in common. I fail to see the downgrade and you failed this thread completely.
oback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 oback
Member since 2004 • 7151 Posts
the AI looks damn near close to non existent
royal_x_supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 royal_x_supreme

Heavenly Sword was and is one of my most highly anticipated titles. I think you need to go read a few of the developer interviews and read the comments of the people that were in attendance at SGD and see what they say about the game. I think you are biased and would bash this game no matter what. You would be better served to put this in your blog.dmaximum

What are you on about ? i am trying to ask what people think about the game while expressing my views about it also there anything wrong with that. i am not biased one bit i was really hyped about this game really really hyped i used to watch the 2006 e3 trailers almost everyday and wish that i could play it, rant on about it and even joined the hs forums. plus ive read most of the devoleper interviews but my eyes still see what the see and how would you know i would bash HS no matter what, u dont know me :|

ps do you think there is no difference then ? 

royal_x_supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 royal_x_supreme

Well at least me and your thread have something in common. I fail to see the downgrade and you failed this thread completely. Silvereign

please do explain how i fail ?? im trying to have a fanyboyless conversation about this game and people keep talking nonsense

royal_x_supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 royal_x_supreme

I'll buy it no matter what. I'm a hardcore God of War fan. ;)Watch_Me_Xplode

Same here i must admit i will still buy the game also i just wish that they would have stayed with the e3 2006 style :( 

Endfinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Endfinal
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts

[QUOTE="Silvereign"] Well at least me and your thread have something in common. I fail to see the downgrade and you failed this thread completely. royal_x_supreme

please do explain how i fail ?? im trying to have a fanyboyless conversation about this game and people keep talking nonsense

That sure is ironic.
royal_x_supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 royal_x_supreme

the AI looks damn near close to non existentoback

i dont think theres anything wrong with the ai really its kinda similar to GOW's ai and me loves that game :D 

dmaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dmaximum

[QUOTE="dmaximum"]Heavenly Sword was and is one of my most highly anticipated titles. I think you need to go read a few of the developer interviews and read the comments of the people that were in attendance at SGD and see what they say about the game. I think you are biased and would bash this game no matter what. You would be better served to put this in your blog.royal_x_supreme

What are you on about ? i am trying to ask what people think about the game while expressing my views about it also there anything wrong with that. i am not biased one bit i was really hyped about this game really really hyped i used to watch the 2006 e3 trailers almost everyday and wish that i could play it, rant on about it and even joined the hs forums. plus ive read most of the devoleper interviews but my eyes still see what the see and how would you know i would bash HS no matter what, u dont know me :|

To be honest, no I don't see a difference. I watched the HD trailer and the E3 trailer and they both look great to me. In the HD trailer they showed off a different area so maybe that's why the camera was in a different position. But like I said it should be a blog post.
royal_x_supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 royal_x_supreme
[QUOTE="royal_x_supreme"]

[QUOTE="Silvereign"] Well at least me and your thread have something in common. I fail to see the downgrade and you failed this thread completely. Endfinal

That sure is ironic.

if you dont have anything constructive to say can you just plz leave 

Endfinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Endfinal
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts
[QUOTE="Endfinal"][QUOTE="royal_x_supreme"]

[QUOTE="Silvereign"] Well at least me and your thread have something in common. I fail to see the downgrade and you failed this thread completely. royal_x_supreme

That sure is ironic.

Want some thing constructive? Ok, here we go. You're just another fakeboy trying to bash the PS3 and you're poorly written sentences with grammar all point to you being a misinformed fanboy. You're only trying to make weak flamebait because we both know that HS looks exacly like it did before.

Stop with the weak flamebait.  

dmaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dmaximum
the AI looks damn near close to non existentoback
I believe it was a playable demo. It would not be wise to have the demo playing at the highest difficulty, it would turn people away from the game.
royal_x_supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 royal_x_supreme
[QUOTE="royal_x_supreme"]

[QUOTE="dmaximum"]Heavenly Sword was and is one of my most highly anticipated titles. I think you need to go read a few of the developer interviews and read the comments of the people that were in attendance at SGD and see what they say about the game. I think you are biased and would bash this game no matter what. You would be better served to put this in your blog.dmaximum

To be honest, no I don't see a difference. I watched the HD trailer and the E3 trailer and they both look great to me. In the HD trailer they showed off a different area so maybe that's why the camera was in a different position. But like I said it should be a blog post.

Ok fair enough i RESPECT your opinion and wont call u biased for wat you think but i dont know i can see a difference maybe its just me :?

royal_x_supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 royal_x_supreme
[QUOTE="royal_x_supreme"][QUOTE="Endfinal"][QUOTE="royal_x_supreme"]

[QUOTE="Silvereign"] Well at least me and your thread have something in common. I fail to see the downgrade and you failed this thread completely. Endfinal

That sure is ironic.

Want some thing constructive? Ok, here we go. You're just another fakeboy trying to bash the PS3 and you're poorly written sentences with grammar all point to you being a misinformed fanboy. You're only trying to make weak flamebait because we both know that HS looks exacly like it did before.

Stop with the weak flamebait.

WoW i am more ps3 fan than anything else, if there was a way for you to beable to check my posting history i would show you but ohwell. All i am trying to do is find out if anybody is seeing the differences that i see thats all im not a "fakeboy" and if you dont like what im saying just go away 

dmaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dmaximum

Ok fair enough i RESPECT your opinion and wont call u biased for wat you think but i dont know i can see a difference maybe its just me :?

Seeing as you are not being biased I will edit my post.
MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts
E3 2006 was GAMEPLAY footage, gameplay footage cannot be downgraded. Only videos that are meant to show you what the game MAY look like can be downgraded.
mavven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#20 mavven
Member since 2005 • 560 Posts
What are u talking about?! HS was so amazing at Sony GD. Even my best friend who own an X360 and is waiting for Halo3 said that he wish, really, but really, to play that game
royal_x_supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 royal_x_supreme
dmaximum

Seeing as you are not being biased I will edit my post.

thanks man lol :)

royal_x_supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 royal_x_supreme

E3 2006 was GAMEPLAY footage, gameplay footage cannot be downgraded. Only videos that are meant to show you what the game MAY look like can be downgraded.MGS9150

im sure a game can be upgraded or downgraded or even changed, they can change camera angles, musicand others too cant they ??

maybe i was alittle harsh in my original post, i would say not so much downgraded but i think its been changed to but like i said maybe its just me

royal_x_supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 royal_x_supreme

What are u talking about?! HS was so amazing at Sony GD. Even my best friend who own an X360 and is waiting for Halo3 said that he wish, really, but really, to play that gamemavven

Well im still definatly going to buy this game theres no doubt about that but i really honestly think its be changed for the worse but thats just me and i respect your opinion

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

heavenly sword will not be a great game -- it's an original xbox orphan, and they couldn't even get it over to PS2 because of quality -- mainly in the gameplay department.

you can quote me on this - it'll look amazing, but will leave much to be desired in terms of gameplay and replayability.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Hasn't the game pretty much looked the same since it was first shown to the public?

I seriously don't see any 'downgrading'. 

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
 The lead developer has spent too much time programming in XNA, no joke he said it himself, although it's just a hobby of his and he said it shouldn't interfere with HS, apparently he was mistaken.