What GPU will Xbox 720 have?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]A PowerVR.wakefulness

IMG Tech actually makes really good GPU's. Escpecially now that they have been in al the major smartphones/tabs (iOS and Android) they can and really have boomed.

PowerVR 545 also powers Intel GMA 3600
RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5709 Posts
[QUOTE="Strutten"]Never understood that one, its not that blurry at all, only a little but sure as effing its not that blurry .. because when you talk to someone(tho not all) as so on and in cutscenes characters are at higher res.. and as we speak im at the same(ish) place.. CD Projekt RED rolls out higher detail character models and more effects work during the cut-scenes, and this results in a performance drop compared to gameplay, but overall frame-rates remain impressive bearing in mind the quality of the visuals"

The Xbox 360 version actually uses lower poly models compared to the PC version and that is seen in the screenshot comparison. The PC is a generation ahead when comparing both versions.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 38790 Posts

It'll be powered by a Mass Effect Core, and the new sytem will be called the Xbox N7 :cool:

The mass effect field will provide superior heat dissipation, enhanced structural integrity (you'll be able to drop the box from 10,000 ft without denting it), and be able to withstand extreme external temperature conditions. of course that same field also prevents anyone from actually being able to touch the main power button, but they're still working on that :P

AdobeArtist

:D + 50 awesome points but it could have been +100 had you included some Halo flare in there as well. :P

alishathomaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 alishathomaz
Member since 2012 • 127 Posts

7670 is just like 6670... these are almost same..

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23623 Posts

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"] What's needed to be simplified? Besides the techpowerup's graphs, my recent screenshot postings was about DX ASM (hence VM) and WDDM.ronvalencia

"my recent screenshot postings was about DX ASM (hence VM) and WDDM."

Most people have no idea what WDDM is or DX ASM, you should try explaining it better thats all..... you never do it, makes you look like your just rattling off numbers and data without reasoning... WDDM is windows display driver model, which is a newer way to give better performance graphics and new graphical abilities compared to windows xp and older OS's ways for supplying drivers for hardware, and DX ASM is direct x ASM which is Shader coding.

The context for WDDM was for "This is why AMD is total crap compared to nvidia" topic

If one wants to debate about some subject, one has to be prepared for it. I'm not going to waste my time on explaining the subject with this kind of topics or tone i.e. sniper postings will be returned in kind.

Then stop posting in system wars because ti 95% of the people here have no idea what your posting, and half the things you post is like pig latin and even people with knowledge of and in the field. They have to take there time in decipher what you post. I dont know if you truly understand or not, but what you post seems to be copy and paste posts from other places. But if you wont take the time to simplify your posts which is easier and more beneficial to others. It looks like your rattling off someone else's technical explanation that's jumbled.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 04dcarraher

[QUOTE="Strutten"]Never understood that one, its not that blurry at all, only a little but sure as effing its not that blurry .. because when you talk to someone(tho not all) as so on and in cutscenes characters are at higher res.. and as we speak im at the same(ish) place.. CD Projekt RED rolls out higher detail character models and more effects work during the cut-scenes, and this results in a performance drop compared to gameplay, but overall frame-rates remain impressive bearing in mind the quality of the visuals"RyviusARC
The Xbox 360 version actually uses lower poly models compared to the PC version and that is seen in the screenshot comparison. The PC is a generation ahead when comparing both versions.

And funny thing is that TW2 is running Direct x 9 based graphics not even Direct x 10/11 which means that the "magic" of console optimization cant over come their hardware and resource limtations. Once the next consoles come out we will finally see multiplats that are using more then 512mb of memory for both sysytem and video use allowing bigger and more detailed worlds let alone Direct x 11 native coding/ abilities.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 RyviusARC

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"] "my recent screenshot postings was about DX ASM (hence VM) and WDDM."

Most people have no idea what WDDM is or DX ASM, you should try explaining it better thats all..... you never do it, makes you look like your just rattling off numbers and data without reasoning... WDDM is windows display driver model, which is a newer way to give better performance graphics and new graphical abilities compared to windows xp and older OS's ways for supplying drivers for hardware, and DX ASM is direct x ASM which is Shader coding.

04dcarraher

The context for WDDM was for "This is why AMD is total crap compared to nvidia" topic

If one wants to debate about some subject, one has to be prepared for it. I'm not going to waste my time on explaining the subject with this kind of topics or tone i.e. sniper postings will be returned in kind.

Then stop posting in system wars because ti 95% of the people here have no idea what your posting, and half the things you post is like pig latin and even people with knowledge of and in the field. They have to take there time in decipher what you post. I dont know if you truly understand or not, but what you post seems to be copy and paste posts from other places. But if you wont take the time to simplify your posts which is easier and more beneficial to others. It looks like your rattling off someone else's technical explanation that's jumbled.

I know what he is talking about but he doesn't know how to explain things correctly. Most of his posts are made as if he starting explaining mid sentence. It's as if he made a whole post then cut out the first 1/4. He is missing a whole portion that actually links his explanation to the topic he is responding too. It's like if there was a topic on Micheal Jordan and how great a basketball player he is and someone made a post that was talking about baseball and the Scottsdale Scorpions without mentioning Micheal Jordan and how he played for the team.
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#108 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Then stop posting in system wars because ti 95% of the people here have no idea what your posting, and half the things you post is like pig latin and even people with knowledge of and in the field.They have to take there time in decipher what you post. I dont know if you truly understand or not, but what you post seems to be copy and paste posts from other places. But if you wont take the time to simplify your posts which is easier and more beneficial to others. It looks like your rattling off someone else's technical explanation that's jumbled.

04dcarraher

Why should he stop? He's a great poster, and getting better with time. I always assumed he wasn't a primary english speaker. Maybe he can clarify that sometime in the future for our convenience. If you guys really cared so much about the quality of SW posts, then you wouldn't be trying to drive off a HUGE asset to our community whilst acting like jelly, amatuer trolls.

First you complain that nobody can understand his posts, which are always rather self-explanatory and robotic to be honest. Then you act all haughty, "We're in the field!" After he dispatches you with ease, being he's a software engineer and always cites his sources, you insist he leaves SW because you homeboys cannot cope with his technical supremacy. So now you seek to crucify him. How quaint.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

yeah he makes gambl3r look intelligent.. heck i would sooner believe loosing ends than ron XD

ionusX

That is suprising,since you both look heavily biased towards AMD products...

Thought you would be getting along well...

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

[QUOTE="Strutten"]Never understood that one, its not that blurry at all, only a little but sure as effing its not that blurry .. because when you talk to someone(tho not all) as so on and in cutscenes characters are at higher res.. and as we speak im at the same(ish) place.. CD Projekt RED rolls out higher detail character models and more effects work during the cut-scenes, and this results in a performance drop compared to gameplay, but overall frame-rates remain impressive bearing in mind the quality of the visuals"RyviusARC

yes it uses lower poly well thats obvious isnt it ? but the image itself its that blurry and "fu*ked up if you cant say it like that", even sho

ts from phone re-sized too the same size as those doesnt look as bad.. it isnt the best looker, but seriously people need to get a grip, it isnt as bad as posted and what people make it out to be - its only because its on xbox.. its plays fluid/smooth and looks pretty good even when compared to others ..

(shot taken from Digital foundry, which is a great example of my point dude ) ;

360_lighting2.png

Where is the blur and the low res characters as you say ? ofc they are lower when compared to high/ultra its kinda obvious.. but the other Screen is either doctored or pc screen on low/med or xbox shot made worse or w/e.. this doesnt look anywhere near the shot posted, even on my phone and s*cky s*cky capture care looks better than that.. but screen from df proves my point. and more on df.

*ps and no its not the best looking game, but downplaying it because its on xbox, thats rather sad dude.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

7770 @1Ghz rivals 6850. 7770@1.3Ghz should be able to pass 6850 or 5850.

The BOM between 7750 and 7770 would be similar i.e. same ASIC.

ronvalencia

I highly doubt they will go with a highly overclocked 7770 , MS wants to get away from needing more cooling and power.... also a 1ghz 7770 does not rival a 6850 especially at 1080, the 6850 pixel fill rate is around 55% faster then 7770 let alone the 6850's memory bandwidth is like 75% faster.

From link

7770's 100 percent vs 6850's 107 percent is minor.

With Crysis 2's DX11+High res texture pack, 7770 smacks 6850/6870.

crysis2_1920_1200.gif

The console gaming platforms would be targeting specfic hardware strenghts.

It would be cool if Nintendo picked a entry level Southern Islands-based GPU design for the Wii U too. They may not be powerhouses but the new architecture is more "future ready". They probably went with a Evergreen-based GPU design (HD 5000 series) tho, which is not bad either but I doubt a little most games will run in 1080p on the Wii U (probably only the less demanding ones).

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"] "my recent screenshot postings was about DX ASM (hence VM) and WDDM."

04dcarraher

MS's diagram (figure 2-1) on WDDM version vs DirectX version should be self explanatory for AMD's POV.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 RyviusARC
[QUOTE="Strutten"]Where is the blur and the low res characters as you say ? ofc they are lower when compared to high/ultra its kinda obvious.. but the other Screen is either doctored or pc screen on low/med or xbox shot made worse or w/e.. this doesnt look anywhere near the shot posted, even on my phone and s*cky s*cky capture care looks better than that.. but screen from df proves my point. and more on df. *ps and no its not the best looking game, but downplaying it because its on xbox, thats rather sad dude.

Cutscenes in the witcher 2 actually look slightly better on console than when playing in game. Also that screenshot has all the models closer to the screen which is why it doesn't look as blurry. Move the models back a bit and it will be just as blurry. The 360 screenshot I used was a direct capture with the same quality and it's how it looks like when you play it. This is how the 360 version really looks like when playing on a 1080P screen tv/monitor.
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]A PowerVR.ronvalencia

IMG Tech actually makes really good GPU's. Escpecially now that they have been in al the major smartphones/tabs (iOS and Android) they can and really have boomed.

Sounds powerful! I saw a YT video of HD Bluray movies running off of a vix with Intel GMA 3600 in it, so it must be pretty good.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#115 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

[QUOTE="Strutten"]Where is the blur and the low res characters as you say ? ofc they are lower when compared to high/ultra its kinda obvious.. but the other Screen is either doctored or pc screen on low/med or xbox shot made worse or w/e.. this doesnt look anywhere near the shot posted, even on my phone and s*cky s*cky capture care looks better than that.. but screen from df proves my point. and more on df. *ps and no its not the best looking game, but downplaying it because its on xbox, thats rather sad dude.RyviusARC
Cutscenes in the witcher 2 actually look slightly better on console than when playing in game. Also that screenshot has all the models closer to the screen which is why it doesn't look as blurry. Move the models back a bit and it will be just as blurry. The 360 screenshot I used was a direct capture with the same quality and it's how it looks like when you play it. This is how the 360 version really looks like when playing on a 1080P screen tv/monitor.

yeah except no 360 gamer would ever admit it looks that bad even when it does.

I was playing Modern Warfare 2 at a friends house about a year ago on 360 in 4 player splitscreen and it was literally so pixelated I couldn't see anything. (Using component cables mind you, so probably 480p) But god, it was awful. When I brought it up they said I needed to get my eyes checked.

>mfw

Or the other argument you'll see is... But I sit like 10 feet away from my TV on my couch. 480p=1080p from 10ft, etc, etc.

*sigh*

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="wakefulness"]

wakefulness

Sounds powerful! I saw a YT video of HD Bluray movies running off of a vix with Intel GMA 3600 in it, so it must be pretty good.

It's an improvement for Intel Atom based netbook, but it still gets destroyed by AMD Z-01 APU or AMD Hondo (Z-01 replacement).
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Wouldn't be surprised if it's weaker than my 4 year old 275.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

We shouldn't expect much fellas. One needs to take into consideration that MS want to avoid any heating issues and obviously have a proper and stable cooling system. This time around, both Sony and MS won't be heavily focused on visuals, the lasting appeal of graphics isn't something to be primarily focused on since we all see how well the Wii does without the need of such strong hardware. MS and SONY will take note and not risk what they have in the past. The upcoming generations are different. It isn't a visual war as much as it use to be. That being said, it won't be anything fancy, but it will obviously look miles better than what we currently have...but not at first, due to nature of optimization, etc. Final note, it's the OVERALL package, not just one area of focus. You can blame this change due to the rising costs of development...the risks are NOT worth it anymore, it's up to better tools and better tricks this time, IMO. The key words here is OPTIMIZATION as noted, these are consoles, fixed hardware...needing to future proof it with bloated powerful hardware (which just rise costs) isn't worth it anymore, especially since they get old fast anyways. Again, as mentioned due to costs. Developers need access to simple and effective hardware and AGAIN as said, this is based around the tools. Devs are better off making certain sacrifices we have been adjusted to for us consolites (no offense PC fans) We don't need native 1080p games, or insanley High AA. if you want that, go play PC games. End long rant/ :)

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]Then stop posting in system wars because ti 95% of the people here have no idea what your posting, and half the things you post is like pig latin and even people with knowledge of and in the field.They have to take there time in decipher what you post. I dont know if you truly understand or not, but what you post seems to be copy and paste posts from other places. But if you wont take the time to simplify your posts which is easier and more beneficial to others. It looks like your rattling off someone else's technical explanation that's jumbled.

gamecubepad

Why should he stop? He's a great poster, and getting better with time. I always assumed he wasn't a primary english speaker. Maybe he can clarify that sometime in the future for our convenience. If you guys really cared so much about the quality of SW posts, then you wouldn't be trying to drive off a HUGE asset to our community whilst acting like jelly, amatuer trolls.

First you complain that nobody can understand his posts, which are always rather self-explanatory and robotic to be honest. Then you act all haughty, "We're in the field!" After he dispatches you with ease, being he's a software engineer and always cites his sources, you insist he leaves SW because you homeboys cannot cope with his technical supremacy. So now you seek to crucify him. How quaint.

"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself." Albert Einstein

Just posting specs without any reasoning at all is a total waste of time. It's like someone asking in the audio forum why is this amp better than this amp. Then someone posting "100 mW into 16 ohms but only 2.8 mW into 600 ohms". That is pretty much what all his post look like, as RyviusARC said they seem to start mid sentence. Rather than giving a brief explanation as to why 2.8mw into 600ohms is a bad thing (or good), what it acutally means and why the person should care, it just comes across as a copy and paste tech spec.

I know nothing about hardware by the way, so certainly I would like some clarification when hardware specs are posted and why they are good or bad. Some of his post are self explanatory though (even for me), so it isn't all bad.

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

[QUOTE="Strutten"]Where is the blur and the low res characters as you say ? ofc they are lower when compared to high/ultra its kinda obvious.. but the other Screen is either doctored or pc screen on low/med or xbox shot made worse or w/e.. this doesnt look anywhere near the shot posted, even on my phone and s*cky s*cky capture care looks better than that.. but screen from df proves my point. and more on df. *ps and no its not the best looking game, but downplaying it because its on xbox, thats rather sad dude.RyviusARC

Keep telling yourself that dude, you didnt prove a darn thing but whats weird is that screens from other sites is looking better than youre shot? like df , lot and so on.. and no it isnt that blurry at all..

Avatar image for NOWHEREFADED120
NOWHEREFADED120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 NOWHEREFADED120
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts

I can assure you Witcher 2 looks nothing like that on my 1080.

However, it's not the greatest looking game by a long shot. It has its graphical moments, but overall lacking consistancy through out.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#122 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

and why the person should care...

I know nothing about hardware by the way...

Some of his post are self explanatory though (even for me), so it isn't all bad.

APiranhaAteMyVa

I can accept these statements.

Although, just asking somebody to explain is easier than slander.

You guys seriously think he's just some chump doing keyword searches on google?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 04dcarraher

[QUOTE="APiranhaAteMyVa"]

Some of his post are self explanatory though (even for me), so it isn't all bad.

gamecubepad

Your blind if you dont see how he posts, multiple people know and see what im talking about... RyviusARC and even APiranhaAteMyVa see it and they hit it right on the head. "I know what he is talking about but he doesn't know how to explain things correctly. Most of his posts are made as if he starting explaining mid sentence. It's as if he made a whole post then cut out the first 1/4. He is missing a whole portion that actually links his explanation to the topic he is responding too." " "If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself." Albert Einstein Just posting specs without any reasoning at all is a total waste of time. It's like someone asking in the audio forum why is this amp better than this amp. Then someone posting "100 mW into 16 ohms but only 2.8 mW into 600 ohms". That is pretty much what all his post look like, as RyviusARC said they seem to start mid sentence. Rather than giving a brief explanation as to why 2.8mw into 600ohms is a bad thing (or good), what it acutally means and why the person should care, it just comes across as a copy and paste tech spec. I know nothing about hardware by the way, so certainly I would like some clarification when hardware specs are posted and why they are good or bad. Some of his post are self explanatory though (even for me), so it isn't all bad."
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Rocker6

gamecubepad

Well,I don't think he just does Google searches,would say he has very good understanding of PC hardware,only his posting st*le is very confusing,which makes most of his posts hard to read and understand.There is a huge numbers of acronyms and terms in the IT fields that most GS users obviously don't understand,and if he insists on posting them,he should simplify them,while also writting more consistent sentences,as some ppl here already pointed out...

As for your older post,I saw him say somewhere he's from Australia,so English would be his first language.That's not the problem...

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

I can assure you Witcher 2 looks nothing like that on my 1080.

However, it's not the greatest looking game by a long shot. It has its graphical moments, but overall lacking consistancy through out.

NOWHEREFADED120

It doesn't look like that because you're viewing it at a distance on your telly.

People should realize that pasting "direct feed" screens from the consoles is making them injustice because they look like crap on PC monitor from up close.

Still, the PC version running on high-end hardware is miles better.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]Then stop posting in system wars because ti 95% of the people here have no idea what your posting, and half the things you post is like pig latin and even people with knowledge of and in the field.They have to take there time in decipher what you post. I dont know if you truly understand or not, but what you post seems to be copy and paste posts from other places. But if you wont take the time to simplify your posts which is easier and more beneficial to others. It looks like your rattling off someone else's technical explanation that's jumbled.

APiranhaAteMyVa

"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself." Albert Einstein

Just posting specs without any reasoning at all is a total waste of time. It's like someone asking in the audio forum why is this amp better than this amp. Then someone posting "100 mW into 16 ohms but only 2.8 mW into 600 ohms". That is pretty much what all his post look like, as RyviusARC said they seem to start mid sentence. Rather than giving a brief explanation as to why 2.8mw into 600ohms is a bad thing (or good), what it acutally means and why the person should care, it just comes across as a copy and paste tech spec.

I know nothing about hardware by the way, so certainly I would like some clarification when hardware specs are posted and why they are good or bad. Some of his post are self explanatory though (even for me), so it isn't all bad.

Sorry, Albert Einstein doesn't run a software company. The purpose for business analyst is to interface with end users for the programmers.

Anyway, my WDDM comment includes the Microsoft's WDDM overview whitepaper link.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 58844 Posts

A hamster on a wheel. All other answers are invalid.

ryzarts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 ryzarts
Member since 2012 • 31 Posts
its funny when someone posts a console pic and console players are like "textures aren't blurry at all"....ignorance gives them bliss..they have no idea how good PC games look and they never will..unless they atleast get a GTX 570, 8gig ram, and an i5 and a decent monitor..its not that expensive really.. $1000 dollars and you're good... max settings 1920x1080 resolution at 50-60 fps
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 04dcarraher

its funny when someone posts a console pic and console players are like "textures aren't blurry at all"....ignorance gives them bliss..they have no idea how good PC games look and they never will..unless they atleast get a GTX 570, 8gig ram, and an i5 and a decent monitor..its not that expensive really.. $1000 dollars and you're good... max settings 1920x1080 resolution at 50-60 fpsryzarts
You dont even need a GTX 570 you can see the differences with gpu's that are 6 years old, let alone needing a modern quad core or 8gb of memory, my old pc made back in 2007 is still playing multiplats and pc games better then what the console could ever do.

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts
[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"] PowerVR 545 also powers Intel GMA 3600ronvalencia

It's an improvement for Intel Atom based netbook, but it still gets destroyed by AMD Z-01 APU or AMD Hondo (Z-01 replacement).

I tried a bluray on my Galaxy Sii and it ran flawlessly.. if a phone can do it a notebook should definately do it -__-
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 SPBoss

[QUOTE="ryzarts"]its funny when someone posts a console pic and console players are like "textures aren't blurry at all"....ignorance gives them bliss..they have no idea how good PC games look and they never will..unless they atleast get a GTX 570, 8gig ram, and an i5 and a decent monitor..its not that expensive really.. $1000 dollars and you're good... max settings 1920x1080 resolution at 50-60 fps04dcarraher

You dont even need a GTX 570 you can see the differences with gpu's that are 6 years old, let alone needing a modern quad core or 8gb of memory, my old pc made back in 2007 is still playing multiplats and pc games better then what the console could ever do.

My ancient 8800gt plays games in better graphics then consoles lol
gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts
Hopefully one that doesn't cause RROD ver 2.0
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Rocker6

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

ronvalencia

Sorry, Albert Einstein doesn't run a software company. The purpose for business analyst is to interface with end users for the programmers.

But is there a point in "interfacing" with GS users by posting comments that often consist of "incomplete" sentences filled with random tech info that is hard to understand for most GS users?

I'm not questioning your knowledge of PC hardware in any way,it's obvious you know a lot about it,only you should try to simplify your posts,and use more full,consistent sentences to make your comments more understandable for this forum's general populace when trying to make a point.This is far from an professional IT forum,so if your posts mostly consist of random IT acronyms and such,very few will be interested in reading your comments,and even fewer in replying and starting a discussion...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="wakefulness"]

SPBoss

I tried a bluray on my Galaxy Sii and it ran flawlessly.. if a phone can do it a notebook should definately do it -__-

It depends on the netbook e.g. Intel GMA 31x0 vs Intel GMA 36x0.

Which Galaxy Sii?

Samsung Galaxy S II (model i9100G) uses a 1.2 GHz** dual core TI OMAP 4430 (ARM Cortex-A9) processor with 1X PowerVR SGX540 @ 300Mhz. Intel GMA 3600 IGP uses PowerVR 545 @ 400Mhz. There's a faster Intel GMA 3650 with 650Mhz PowerVR 545. The links includes 3DMark06 benchmarks.

Samsung Galaxy S II (model I9100 ) uses a 1.2 GHz dual core Samsung Exynos 4210 (ARM Cortex-A9) processor with 4X ARM Mali 400 GPU @400 Mhz.

**Limited to 1008MHz.

Intel GMA 3600 IGP (PowerVR SGX540 @400Mhz) playing Fear 2 PC and Call of Duty 4 MW PC gameplay examples

Intel GMA 3600 IGP/PowerVR SGX 545 supports DirectX10.1, OpenCL 1.0 and OpenGL 3.2 . It support more hardware features compared to the older PowerVR 540 or PowerVR 543 (e.g. Sony Vita, Apple iPad2/iPad 3). Intel GMA 3600/PowerVR SGX545 is a large improvement over Intel GMA 3100 IGP.

AMD C-50 's Radeon HD 6250 IGP (which has same compute spec as Z-01) playing Call of Duty 4 MW PC gameplay examples

AMD Radeon HD 6250 IGP supports DirectX 11.0, OpenCL 1.1 and OpenGL 4.2. You can make your own judgements on state of PowerVR's GPUs vs known AMD's Radeon HDs.

PowerVR has along way to go to beat Radeon HD 4650 i.e. the closest Radeon HD GPU to Xbox 360.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

Rocker6

But is there a point in "interfacing" with GS users by posting comments that often consist of "incomplete" sentences filled with random tech info that is hard to understand for most GS users?

I'm not questioning your knowledge of PC hardware in any way,it's obvious you know a lot about it,only you should try to simplify your posts,and use more full,consistent sentences to make your comments more understandable for this forum's general populace when trying to make a point.This is far from an professional IT forum,so if your posts mostly consist of random IT acronyms and such,very few will be interested in reading your comments,and even fewer in replying and starting a discussion...

Exactly this. I may work in IT, but even I try to simplify things as much as I can....I stick out among my tech peers because i can converse about technology in a language everyone can understand...meanwhile everyone else talks in acronyms and slag that no one else gets besides them. Many times it's the most knowledgable people that can't teach or converse with others about their topic

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

Rocker6

Microsoft's Figure 2-1 on WDDM version vs DirectX version diagram should be simple enough.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts
[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

ronvalencia

Microsoft's Figure 2-1 on WDDM version vs DirectX version diagram should be simple enough.

point proven
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 04dcarraher
[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

wis3boi

point proven

Yep , most people are like what is WDDM?
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 SPBoss

[QUOTE="SPBoss"][QUOTE="ronvalencia"] It's an improvement for Intel Atom based netbook, but it still gets destroyed by AMD Z-01 APU or AMD Hondo (Z-01 replacement).ronvalencia

It depends on the netbook e.g. Intel GMA 31x0 vs Intel GMA 36x0.

Which Galaxy Sii?

Samsung Galaxy S II (model i9100G) uses a 1.2 GHz** dual core TI OMAP 4430 (ARM Cortex-A9) processor with 1X PowerVR SGX540 @ 300Mhz. Intel GMA 3600 IGP uses PowerVR 545 @ 400Mhz. There's a faster Intel GMA 3650 with 650Mhz PowerVR 545. The links includes 3DMark06 benchmarks.

Samsung Galaxy S II (model I9100 ) uses a 1.2 GHz dual core Samsung Exynos 4210 (ARM Cortex-A9) processor with 4X ARM Mali 400 GPU @400 Mhz.

**Limited to 1008MHz.

Intel GMA 3600 IGP (PowerVR SGX540 @400Mhz) playing Fear 2 PC and Call of Duty 4 MW PC gameplay examples

Intel GMA 3600 IGP/PowerVR SGX 545 supports DirectX10.1, OpenCL 1.0 and OpenGL 3.2 . It support more hardware features compared to the older PowerVR 540 or PowerVR 543 (e.g. Sony Vita, Apple iPad2/iPad 3). Intel GMA 3600/PowerVR SGX545 is a large improvement over Intel GMA 3100 IGP.

AMD C-50 's Radeon HD 6250 IGP (which has same compute spec as Z-01) playing Call of Duty 4 MW PC gameplay examples

AMD Radeon HD 6250 IGP supports DirectX 11.0, OpenCL 1.1 and OpenGL 4.2. You can make your own judgements on state of PowerVR's GPUs vs known AMD's Radeon HDs.

PowerVR has along way to go to beat Radeon HD 4650 i.e. the closest Radeon HD GPU to Xbox 360.

I have the i9100 which I believe is superior to the i9100g. Plus mines running at 1.4ghz :P I'm also using chainfiremod so I can use powervr, tegra and qualcomm apps/games
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 SPBoss

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

wis3boi

Exactly this. I may work in IT, but even I try to simplify things as much as I can....I stick out among my tech peers because i can converse about technology in a language everyone can understand...meanwhile everyone else talks in acronyms and slag that no one else gets besides them. Many times it's the most knowledgable people that can't teach or converse with others about their topic

besides them what slag do I get? lol jk :) I work in IT as well and you really have to break that communication barrier otherwise no one will understand you and you will bore them to death. I started in tech support so no tech jargon was allowed
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

ronvalencia

Sigh...

I'm not only speaking about your posts in this thread,I'm talking about your posting st*le in general.There are some of your posts that are straightforward and understandable,but most aren't,and are filled with tech jargon an average GS user won't understand,or care to understand...

As 04dcarraher pointed out,how many ppl here know what WDDM stands for?

I know I didn't before he said it's Windows Display Driver Model.There is a vast number of such acronyms in the IT field,and throwing a bunch of them together without any explanations accomplishes nothing.As I said,we're not on an professional IT forum,we're on a gaming site...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33714 Posts

[QUOTE="RyviusARC"][QUOTE="nameless12345"]

It will be surpassed the moment it comes out...

360 was beat by Intel Xeon with a SLI 7800/X1800 Crossfire setup.

loosingENDS

It was beat without needing SLI or Crossfire. Also when the consoles first released they had shoddy optimization. My 6800gt from early 2004 was running games at better settings and fps compared to the Xbox 360.

And yet, a 7800GTX SLI that would cost a 3000$ PC in 2005, cant even start Witcher 2, it is not even a supported card at all !!!!

When 360 manages to run it with better lighting than PC and at a super steady frame rate and above medium settings

It is crazy how 360 completly destroys even 2010 video cards

Oh please the 360 destroy a 2010 card.? my cheap GT240 beat the crap out of my PS3 and 360,and my CPU is low dual core amd CPU. The xbox 360 has an equivalent of X1900 and early 2006 card,but even MS own library on how to makes games for 360,stated that the 7800GT is and equivalent as well,the 360 has been out done since 2006. The 7900GTX even without HDR on beat the crap out of the 360 in test done by this site. http://www.gamespot.com/features/6147028/p-2.html
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 04dcarraher
[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="RyviusARC"] It was beat without needing SLI or Crossfire. Also when the consoles first released they had shoddy optimization. My 6800gt from early 2004 was running games at better settings and fps compared to the Xbox 360.tormentos

And yet, a 7800GTX SLI that would cost a 3000$ PC in 2005, cant even start Witcher 2, it is not even a supported card at all !!!!

When 360 manages to run it with better lighting than PC and at a super steady frame rate and above medium settings

It is crazy how 360 completly destroys even 2010 video cards

! Oh please the 360 destroy a 2010 card.? my cheap GT240 beat the crap out of my PS3 and 360,and my CPU is low dual core amd CPU. The xbox 360 has an equivalent of X1900 and early 2006 card,but even MS own library on how to makes games for 360,stated that the 7800GT is and equivalent as well,the 360 has been out done since 2006. The 7900GTX even without HDR on beat the crap out of the 360 in test done by this site. http://www.gamespot.com/features/6147028/p-2.html

Your living in the dream world loosy , you should take the red pill NOW
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 SPBoss
People that say consoles are cheaper always make me laugh. You never look at the figures in the long run. PC games quickly drop in price, and if your a person who buys a lot of games, you will make save ALOT of money. Also, YLOD and RROD.. all of my friends that own a console has had that problem and has to pay for expensive repairs or replacement. This costs even more! (I don't know anyone that stil has an original 360/ps3 that hasn't been repaired at least once) and this is in the uk where temperatures are not exceedingly high.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 04dcarraher
[QUOTE="SPBoss"]People that say consoles are cheaper always make me laugh. You never look at the figures in the long run. PC games quickly drop in price, and if your a person who buys a lot of games, you will make save ALOT of money. Also, YLOD and RROD.. all of my friends that own a console has had that problem and has to pay for expensive repairs or replacement. This costs even more! (I don't know anyone that stil has an original 360/ps3 that hasn't been repaired at least once) and this is in the uk where temperatures are not exceedingly high.

Of all the people I know that owns a 360 most are on at least their 3rd replacement and or rebuy. While my brother is on his 5th (had to buy the latest one) and one of his friends is on his 6th.
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 SPBoss
[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="SPBoss"]People that say consoles are cheaper always make me laugh. You never look at the figures in the long run. PC games quickly drop in price, and if your a person who buys a lot of games, you will make save ALOT of money. Also, YLOD and RROD.. all of my friends that own a console has had that problem and has to pay for expensive repairs or replacement. This costs even more! (I don't know anyone that stil has an original 360/ps3 that hasn't been repaired at least once) and this is in the uk where temperatures are not exceedingly high.

Of all the people I know that owns a 360 most are on at least their 3rd replacement and or rebuy. While my brother is on his 5th (had to buy the latest one) and one of his friends is on his 6th.

LOL already takes the cost more than a pc without including ridiculously overpriced games that take a year to drop in price
ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

a power ranger

how the hell should i know i push buttons

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#148 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

[QUOTE="RyviusARC"][QUOTE="Strutten"]Where is the blur and the low res characters as you say ? ofc they are lower when compared to high/ultra its kinda obvious.. but the other Screen is either doctored or pc screen on low/med or xbox shot made worse or w/e.. this doesnt look anywhere near the shot posted, even on my phone and s*cky s*cky capture care looks better than that.. but screen from df proves my point. and more on df. *ps and no its not the best looking game, but downplaying it because its on xbox, thats rather sad dude.Strutten

Keep telling yourself that dude, you didnt prove a darn thing but whats weird is that screens from other sites is looking better than youre shot? like df , lot and so on.. and no it isnt that blurry at all..

you realize it's a sub-720p game stretched onto a 1080p screen for consoles, right? it's not rendered in 1080. that's why when you sit up close it looks blurry and ugly. on a PC the game looks sharp and crisp because it can be rendered on higher resolutions depending on GPU and monitor size. simple concept
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="SPBoss"]People that say consoles are cheaper always make me laugh. You never look at the figures in the long run. PC games quickly drop in price, and if your a person who buys a lot of games, you will make save ALOT of money. Also, YLOD and RROD.. all of my friends that own a console has had that problem and has to pay for expensive repairs or replacement. This costs even more! (I don't know anyone that stil has an original 360/ps3 that hasn't been repaired at least once) and this is in the uk where temperatures are not exceedingly high.SPBoss

LOL already takes the cost more than a pc without including ridiculously overpriced games that take a year to drop in price

I bought my PS3 in 2007 for $500, 14 months later it broke and I sent it back to Sony for a nice $150 charge, 3 weeks later I get a refurbished PS3 with a different HDD, so I lost all of my game saves (my fault for not backing them up I guess). They also did not include my copy of Resistance 2 that was trapped inside of my PS3, so I had to wait another 2 weeks for them to ship me another copy of the game (after speaking with several customer service reps trying to prove that I actually owned the game).

A year later that PS3 broke again so I found another way to get it fixed for $75 but I ended up just buying a Slim model for another $300. I've also had several controllers break which has probably costed me about $200.

Needless to say, console gaming has not been cheap for me this gen.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#150 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

6670:lol: