We’re halfway through the year, so it’s time for an update on the games we’ve played so far!
- Elden Ring: The first 30-40 hours of this game is amazing, easily 10/10 territory. My main issue was the repetition and also how easy it is to miss out on important things that could affect the story. Other than that, loved the game, amazing combat and sense of surprise, even if it felt like it was just a big Souls game. For me, it’s a 9/10.
- Horizon Forbidden West: Easily the best looking game on the market. Even the soundtrack surprised me! The best parts of this game was fighting the robo Dinos. The worse parts was inventory/weapon upgrade system and just overall the boring dialogue and characters. I’m going with an 8/10!
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land: I‘m about 65% through this game, and it’s a great game, but isn’t as fun as I hoped. The game also recycles mini-bosses which is meh. Overall, it’s charming and laid back. 7/10!
- Shin Megami Tensei V: loved this game, but it was pretty barebones in the story, character, and level design department. But the gameplay was very addicting and music was great. 8/10!
- Silent Hill 2: I went retro recently with a game I’ve always wanted to play through, but was a bit scared to do! I finally did it, and man, this game is a GOAT. Amazing story, amazing level and character design. Even the gameplay was fine. Oh, and let’s not forget about sound. Harrowing sound design and music! Overall, I want Silent Hill games like this, Konami! Silent Hills would’ve been amazing. 9/10!
There are other games I’ve played, but since I haven’t put enough time into them, not going to rate them yet.
How about you, SW? What games have you played so far this year and what would you rate them?