What games compare to Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank visually?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45338 Posts

There aren't a lot of games you can compare Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank to on a visual level. The animation is superb and the graphics are downright beautiful. And this is coming from someone who has done mostly PC gaming this gen on a 980 TI. Can we give PS4 some credit here, SW? Do we really need a Pro?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Both of those games represent the finest visuals ever seen on a console. Anyone that says otherwise is probably a lem.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Uncharted 4 is an exception, if you're implying that we don't need a better console just because there's this stunningly beautiful game on PS4, i disagree, you should consider multi platforms as well, the average visual fidelity and frame rate offered by PS4 is not acceptable and no we don't need PS4 Pro, we need a better one.

About games, The Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight, Star Wars Battlefront and the upcoming BF1 get my vote.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56296 Posts

Rise of the Tomb Raider is equally a mere match to Uncharted 4 on consoles when it comes to visual and Sunset Overdrive is as close to Ratchet & Clank for visual as well.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

Star Wars: Battlefront

AC: Unity

The Order: 1886

Batman: AK

Looking at it now, pretty much all of these graphically impressive games suck, except maybe for Arkham Knight. Uncharted 4 was one of the most boring games I've ever played zzz

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

Forza Horizon 3

The Witcher 3

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:

Both of those games represent the finest visuals ever seen on a console. Anyone that says otherwise is probably a lem.

Or sheep.

But joking aside, on consoles UC4 is a beast ... Such a beast that can go side to side with many top graphical PC games , on technical level even.

But then again PC latetly is a monster ... GTA5 latest mods looks ... ridiculously epicly good and the new games on the platform looking hot as well.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

Forza Horizon 3.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

Graphics have been good enough for some time now. Let's start focussing on gameplay and original ideas instead of wanking over graphics. Just my 2 cents.

-Red-Cell-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Red-Cell-
Member since 2007 • 255 Posts

Damn I didn't even know there was a ratchet and clank PS4 game. Is it worth purchasing?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Witcher 3? Arkham Knight? Are you guys on crack?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45338 Posts

@-Red-Cell- said:

Damn I didn't even know there was a ratchet and clank PS4 game. Is it worth purchasing?

It's really good. Highly recommended.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

@-Red-Cell- said:

It plays literally the same as every other Ratchet and Clank but with prettier graphics. So if you like those then yeah.

Beavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Beavis
Member since 2016 • 131 Posts

All you're going to do in this thread is bait Hermits to post a bunch of Star Citizen screen shots.

I remember nearly 10 years ago here in System Wars. whenever Cows or Lemmings hyped a games graphics on their console of choice, Hermits would always come in to post screen shots of Crysis to shut them down. That game seemed to stand the test of time as the "longest lasting" Graphics King. Especially if you count the expansion and mods.

But anyways I believe Star Citizen is the next game to do that. As in threaten to break the record as the longest lasting Graphics King.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Witcher 3

The Order

Arkham Knight

Those come to mind off the top of my head.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44635 Posts

Probably nothing is as accomplished as Uncharted 4 is visually. Still need to play it, but I got my expectations in check as I never really enjoyed any of the Uncharted games as much as the collective hype does, decent games though so I don't doubt that'll have fun.

I get Sunset Overdrive vibes watching Ratchet and Clank footage, mostly in style than its technical accomplishment, but also definitely in it's tone and humor. I never liked Resistance games, they seemed sloppy, rushed, and didn't quite fit that tone that Insomniac nailed in previous games. And I don't find the whacky guns kind of shooters fun in such a tone, works for the more lighthearted games. I think they're gonna nail the new Spiderman game though, they have the talent, and Spiderman movie tones are usually a balance of light hearted humor and action and drama, they should be able to work well with that. Plus, that trailer, it's gonna be a very technically accomplished game.

I actually thought Arkham Knight looked pretty good when I played it. I thought the game was quite a visual feast in quite a few areas. Though, the game is quite hated, I attribute that mostly to PC community rage given how such a shit version was given to them. Working within console limitations, especially the Xbox One, they still managed to squeeze out something great looking.

MGS5, the game is a looker. I love the feel of being out in the field in these games. I still need to finish MGS5 though, played it a bit, spent some good amount of time in Ground Zeroes. People seem a bit sour Konami is using the Fox engine over again for the MGS spin-off Survive, but I mean it's theirs, it's a great engine, why not? As if making an MGS game without Kojima isn't already setting it up for failure among fans, probably nothing would guarantee that more than having them make a new engine from the ground up while they're in the process of filling the ranks with a fresh team.

As far as Assassin's Creed games go, I felt AC Black Flag was probably the most accomplished of them this gen. With a more solid framerate made for responsive gameplay, and the game just was a lot more exciting visually, such as engaging in naval battles, or navigating the stormy waves out at sea. Plus, it is one of the more unique AC experiences this gen, really took off on the best aspects of AC3.

Mad Max, though probably not a huge technical accomplishment considering a rather static landscape, has its moments of visual brilliance. Sandstorms rushing in, or the car combat and how the cars explode, and the gasoline sticks to the environment around it burns, and how the smoke plumes, or how flames and unburned gas come out of your exhaust pipes and stick to the ground burning, and huge plumes of smoke come out of the exhaust when you rev the engine hard. I like these small little touches to visual design.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

RotTR

SW Battlefront

AC Unity

Quantum Break

Ryse

The Order

Sunset Overdrive

All of these games have exceptional visuals.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#18 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@davillain- said:

Rise of the Tomb Raider is equally a mere match to Uncharted 4 on consoles when it comes to visual and Sunset Overdrive is as close to Ratchet & Clank for visual as well.

FH3 and Driveclub are beautiful games as well. Big deal.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cainetao11

@lamprey263 said:

I get Sunset Overdrive vibes watching Ratchet and Clank footage, mostly in style than its technical accomplishment, but also definitely in it's tone and humor.

I actually thought Arkham Knight looked pretty good when I played it. I thought the game was quite a visual feast in quite a few areas. Though, the game is quite hated, I attribute that mostly to PC community rage given how such a shit version was given to them.

Arkham Knight is my head scratcher this gen. Not because Of the game, I thought it was great. Because of the shit it gets. And yeah, it was a great looking game.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
Arkham Knight is my head scratcher this gen. Not because Of the game, I thought it was great. Because of the shit it gets. And yeah, it was a great looking game.

I think it can be explained. PC port was bad and they were very loud and angry about it like they always are because they are unhinged people. Justifiable complaints however it would seem in this case. Impressionable people were attracted to the commotion and even though they only owned consoles and those versions were just fine, they repeated the siren song of hate without understanding what they were doing. The force has a strong influence on the weak minded or something like that.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56296 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@davillain- said:

FH3 and Driveclub are beautiful games as well. Big deal.

Well if you want my opinion, I think FH3 looks mighty impressive then Driveclub.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

There's a lot of games that's on the level of those 2 games, anyone who thinka otherwise is a fanboy.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts
Loading Video...

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#24 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Uncharted 4 looks amazing in certain aspects but they don't really stick out as much until you get really close. Best way to see those details especially in the character models is through photo mode. But then as soon as you show a photo mode shot, lems and hermits don't believe it.

But on topic, no I think the ps4 original is all Sony needs in terms of power this gen. All the games run really well, the details we wanna see are there and it's consistent. Same with XBone. No lag or graphic glitches, or texture loss whatsoever and the framerate is more than tolerable. These suped version of ps4 and XBone are overkill at this point.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#25 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
Loading Video...

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

"Visually" they both look superb. And even though they're technically impressive too, I don't think they're a step above than games that are already technical accomplishments.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cainetao11

@davillain-: Ok. I think we're at the point with graphics, it's become absolutely ridiculous to look for bestest evar. Majority of games look great these days imo

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

When did cartoony and blocky artstyle become technical impressive for Ratchet and Clank.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

On consoles, there are almost no games which compare. On PC, there are quite a few games that are better or at least do some things better:

• Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • The Witcher 3
  • SW: Battlefront
  • Unreal Tournament
  • AC Unity
  • Crysis 3
  • Doom (looks gr8 imo)
  • Forza Horizon 3

And then there's mods...