What game has the most immersive world?

• 82 results
#51 Posted by TheEroica (18011 posts) -

Bioshock 1

#52 Posted by SecretPolice (34334 posts) -

RDR2.

#53 Posted by robert_sparkes (2027 posts) -

At times dragon age inquisition is quite a stunning world.

#54 Posted by scatteh316 (10071 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:

Zone in STALKER is probably most immersive gaming world ever. you are immersed in the world like no other.

No you're not.....

#55 Posted by SaltSlasher (624 posts) -

Not every open world game i play feels immersive.

AC Origins felt more immersive than most games cause I turned off all the HUD shit and its a real place in the world, and everything works like real life, no "scan the world" and see everyone in a 20 foot radius even through walls. I felt like I was there in AC, and same thing happens in Forza Horizon 4. Metro games come to mind.

I'd say RE, Tomb Raider and basically every horror game, but chances are I get more into hardcore RPGS than them.

#56 Posted by AdobeArtist (25063 posts) -
@scatteh316 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Zone in STALKER is probably most immersive gaming world ever. you are immersed in the world like no other.

No you're not.....

Why wouldn't you be?

#57 Posted by scatteh316 (10071 posts) -
@AdobeArtist said:
@scatteh316 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

No you're not.....

Why wouldn't you be?

Why would you be?

#58 Posted by kikiserwaa (4 posts) -

Far cry 5

#59 Posted by Robbie23 (155 posts) -

Turok 2 was really immersive for its time.

#60 Posted by AdobeArtist (25063 posts) -
@scatteh316 said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@scatteh316 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

No you're not.....

Why wouldn't you be?

Why would you be?

Highly detailed, fully realized world the game is creating... what's missing for the immersion here?

#61 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (24982 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:

The Zone certainly is a wonderful game world to be immersed in. But, it too has some flaws. Barbed wire fences, unclimbable ant hills, and the constant loading when going between maps (also true for multiple stages on the same underground level) can sometimes break the immersion.

When I don't encounter the above, I get the feeling of being a small part of a bigger whole like the game world functions on its own without inputs from me. Call of Pripyat is probably the best example. In that game, NPCs hunt for artifacts on their own. You see them using detectors just like the player. Mutants hunt and consume other mutants. The chimera behaves like a real predator when hunting the player. It stalks the player using any available cover to hide from detectors. Both NPC and mutant limp when wounded..... Little things that keep me coming back.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
#62 Edited by Messiahbolical- (5627 posts) -

FF6 and FFX

Zelda Ocarina Of Time and Windwaker

Super Mario 64

Far Cry 3

Bioshock 1 and 2

Uncharted 2

The Last Of Us

Any Pokemon main title game

#63 Posted by adamosmaki (10678 posts) -

Witcher 3

Stalker Clear sky and SOC with complete mod. Somehow call of pripyat never drew me as much as the first 2 stalker games still a good game though

Deus ex games

Metro games

#64 Posted by jeezers (2101 posts) -

BOTW

World of Warcraft

GTA

#65 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2038 posts) -

- The Witcher 3

- Horizon Zero Dawn

- Skyrim

- Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (This game was immersive af imo. It felt like I was really in a Studio Ghibli film or some weird Japanese fairy tale)

#66 Posted by Lucianu (10307 posts) -

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl is the most immersive piece of software i have ever experienced.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#67 Posted by drummerdave9099 (3968 posts) -

Resident Evil 7

#68 Posted by MarkoftheSivak (220 posts) -

Metro: 2033 and Metro: Last Light

#69 Posted by with_teeth26 (9175 posts) -

Stalker, RDR2

#70 Posted by Renegade_Fury (20324 posts) -

The Witcher 3

Shenmue 1 & 2

Bloodborne

RDR2

Metroid Prime series

Yakuza series

#71 Edited by Phazevariance (12331 posts) -

I'm going with Witcher 3. The vastness of it, and the details are so well done. Toussaint was an absolute pleasure to play through with eye candy lookouts from nearly every location.

#72 Posted by DocSanchez (5011 posts) -

Agree about skyrim, and witcher. Red Dead, both, as I've always wanted a game like that. Mind you "back in the day" I could be really immersed in a cartoony top down RPG, it's all about context.

#73 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5996 posts) -

Alien Isolation deserves a mention. They nailed the look of the Alien movie. The graphics are great and easily hold up to modern games, sound design is also fantastic. Very immersive game.

#74 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29813 posts) -

Dishonored series

Half Life series

Rockstar games

These guys are masters of their craft: Building fictional, yet believable worlds.

#75 Posted by X_Karen_x (180 posts) -

Chrome OS

#76 Posted by getyeryayasout (11990 posts) -

I don't think I've ever been more immersed in a game than with GTAIII. It was the first realization of the open world dream that I and many other gamers had shared from the beginning of the hobby, and I was absolutely lost in it.

I can't be the only one who used to have to snap themselves back to reality while contemplating driving down the real life sidewalk after a long session of GTA, can I?

#77 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (24982 posts) -

I recently played the Agroprom documents mission in STALKER: Lost Alpha DC. Moonless night with fog, no flashlight because it attracts bad guys, shooting and finding my way in the dark with mutants and NPCs hunting me.........It was thrilling.

It’s not just the environment either. The AI was appropriately deadly during the day. At night, they become less effective (limited vision range), also appropriate. They mimic all the limitations imposed on me: reloading ammo, bleed to death, heal themselves, clearing gun jams, heal comrades, transition to melee when I’m within range. No forms of treachery yet such as pretending to surrender and then grabbing my gun to use on me or just steal it. But, the other STALKER games have it.

#78 Edited by sukraj (27846 posts) -

RDR2

#79 Edited by ribhu672 (173 posts) -

Skyrim in first person mode.

Dishonored.

Metro series.

#80 Edited by elkoldo (1824 posts) -

I agree with all the games my brothers mentioned already: Horizon indeed conveyed the feeling of a futuristic-primal world where today's civilization had been long eradicated and forgotten, Read Dead Redemption (both of them) perfectly delivered the American frontier, GTA series (all of them) were living worlds, etc.

However something really felt different about The Witcher 3. It was a truly thriving, lived-in medieval universe, where even random NPCs had unique lives and tales of their own. I think it will be quite some time before any game matches the standards of TW3.

#81 Edited by robert_sparkes (2027 posts) -

Batman Arkham Knight has me immersed feels as close as it can get in Gotham.

#82 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14814 posts) -

Thief: The Dark Project

#83 Posted by Macutchi (6484 posts) -
@with_teeth26 said:

Stalker, RDR2

@PernicioEnigma said:

Alien Isolation deserves a mention. They nailed the look of the Alien movie. The graphics are great and easily hold up to modern games, sound design is also fantastic. Very immersive game.

good shout

#84 Posted by Vaidream45 (1538 posts) -

Though it’s not my favorite I would have to say Final Fantasy 10 for me. I got lost in that world both times I played it.