What game companies you would prefer over Sega?

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#1 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1629 posts) -

Hello there gamers in System Wars board!

I want to know you guys on which gaming companies you would prefer Sega and it's subsidiaries including Sonic Team, Atlus, Creative Assembly, etc.

For me personally I'm not into Sega anymore so here are the gaming companies I would prefer way over Sega following are:

• 1st parties:
    • Turn 10 (Forza Motorsport)
    • Polyphony Digital (Gran Turismo)
    • Playground Games (Forza Horizon)
    • 343 Industries (Halo)
    • Intelligent Systems (Fire Emblem)
    • Nintendo EAD (F-Zero)
  • 3rd parties:
    • Kunos Simulazioni (Assetto Corsa)
    • Slightly Mad Studios (Project Cars)
    • Sector3 Studios (Race, GTR)
    • Image Space Incorporated (rFactor)
    • Codemasters (DiRT, Formula 1)
    • SCS Software (Euro Truck Simulator)
    • Ghost Games (Need For Speed)
    • EA DICE (Battlefield)
    • EA Sports (FIFA)
    • Criterion Games (Burnout)
    • Bungie (Destiny)
    • Kylotonn (World Rally Championship, V-Rally)
    • Milestone (Gravel)
    • Eden Games (Gear.Club)
    • Ivory Tower (The Crew)
    • Namco (Ridge Racer, Ace Combat)
    • Arc System Works (BlazBlue)
    • Taito (Darius)
    • Irem (R-Type)
#2 Posted by DocSanchez (5324 posts) -

Nobody.

#3 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

Sony killing Sega is a shame and M$ filling in the gap was bad for the industry.

#4 Posted by sakaiXx (5927 posts) -

@knight-k: Sega did it themselves with bad decisions. Sony will join the console war race eventually as per leaks but joined earlier because Nintendo did Sony dirty. Those back stabbers.

#5 Posted by Ant_17 (12743 posts) -

Are you asking who I prefer more or who should replace Sega and Sega be gone? Cause I would rather Sega stay and turn 10 die.

#6 Edited by DaVillain- (37574 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

@knight-k: Sega did it themselves with bad decisions. Sony will join the console war race eventually as per leaks but joined earlier because Nintendo did Sony dirty. Those back stabbers.

Both were in a bad situation but I personally blame Nintendo way more cause they could've handle the problem with Sony if they had the balls but they were soft on Sony. Even to this day, Nintendo still holds a grudge against Sony but to be honest, at least MS is giving Sony to compete cause Nintendo isn't interest competing anyone.

As for the question to the thread. Nobody and I only prefer if Sega comes back to the console market but Sega got carried away spending more money then they were earning it back.

#7 Posted by Jag85 (13600 posts) -

None whatsoever. None of those racing games are as great as the Sega arcade game OutRun 2 SP SDX, which is still the GOAT of racing games.

#8 Posted by Jag85 (13600 posts) -

@davillain-: Sega were a great creative enterprise, with some of the greatest creative minds in gaming. But they were a bad business. They didn't know how to balance the creative side and the business side, something Sony and Nintendo were both better at.

#9 Posted by PC_Rocks (2556 posts) -

Currently? None!

#10 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -

As a game company only or as a console provider?

Because if you're asking as a console provider, I'd say none. Sega was the most innovative, forward thinking, daring and giving (as far as creating high quality content) game company to ever provide a console to gamers imo.

They were always the underdog, but an underdog I rode with til the saddle wore away.

#11 Posted by Archangel3371 (28410 posts) -

Well despite the fact that I do enjoy a number of their games there are a good number of developers/publishers that I prefer over Sega. Some of those would be:

- Nintendo

- Capcom

- Square-Enix

- Namco

- Microsoft

- Tecmo

- Platinum

- BioWare

- Konami although that’s more to their previous status and library of games

- From Software

#12 Posted by Robbie23 (381 posts) -

Sega made Yakuza which is my favorite gaming series so I cannot say there is a better studio.

Maybe Saint Monica studios.

#13 Posted by AJStyles (1024 posts) -

Sega died because they failed to evolve past arcade styled games.

#14 Edited by uninspiredcup (34400 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

Sega died because they failed to evolve past arcade styled games.

They died because their management was terrible, very little to do with the games themselves.

#15 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1629 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

As a game company only or as a console provider?

Because if you're asking as a console provider, I'd say none. Sega was the most innovative, forward thinking, daring and giving (as far as creating high quality content) game company to ever provide a console to gamers imo.

They were always the underdog, but an underdog I rode with til the saddle wore away.

The whole company itself.

#16 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1629 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:

Are you asking who I prefer more or who should replace Sega and Sega be gone? Cause I would rather Sega stay and turn 10 die.

You want Turn 10 (Microsoft's subsidiary) to die?

This shows how butt hurt you're Sega/Atlus fanboy.

#17 Edited by mojito1988 (3682 posts) -

Sega is pure trash.

No Skies of Arcadia 2

No More Shining Force games

No Phantasy Star games (and no Phantasy Star 2 online in America)

Sega loves to let their fans down. Worst company ever.

#18 Posted by Renegade_Fury (20646 posts) -

Nobody. I play their games the most then and now too, since Haruki Satomi became CEO.

#19 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1629 posts) -

@mojito1988 said:

Sega is pure trash.

No Skies of Arcadia 2

No More Shining Force games

No Phantasy Star games (and no Phantasy Star 2 online in America)

Sega loves to let their fans down. Worst company ever.

Yeah I'd would also rather play Rare's Killer Instinct over Sega's Virtua Fighter.

#20 Posted by Ant_17 (12743 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18: Sega has more games than them, so yes.

#21 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (955 posts) -

@knight-k said:

Sony killing Sega is a shame and M$ filling in the gap was bad for the industry.

I agree but Sony didn't kill Sega, Sega killed themselves with poor business decisions.

MS isn't even 1/100th as good as Sega was, they have a bunch of mediocre 1st party games and stale franchises. Sega in their prime was on fire, so many stellar games they released back in the day. I miss them a lot and gaming would have been a lot better if they had survived to this day.

#22 Edited by uninspiredcup (34400 posts) -

Valve. They don't dilute their quality.

Sega does, unfortunately. To the point, most of their IP's that were tremendous are largely forgotten and there, prostitute of Sonic has made him a low rent slut caked in make-up. It wasn't until Mania that they went "oh, so that's what he was in his prime".

People bitch about Valve being lazy, but like any company, they could easily just bang out shit if they wanted to. And they earned their place with Steam. That thing, like Marvels Expanded Universe was built up over years. And now we have pretenders like Epic using shitty underhanded practices promising gold to anything willing to take it. Which, is unfortunately is everyone. As the gaming industry is just a big morally bankrupt rabbit-hole full of aids ridden shit.

Digital Devolver are pretty cool as well. They have that Rockstar edge, Rockstar use to have in the early 2000's. before they became gamings Disney.

#23 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1629 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:

@mclarenmaster18: Sega has more games than them, so yes.

Okay your choice. For me I'd choose to play Forza Motorsport & Forza Horizon over any Sega racing games including Daytona USA, Sega GT, Sonic Racing, etc.

#24 Edited by Jag85 (13600 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Not to mention Sega made plenty of non-arcade-style classics. Sega excelled in both arcade and non-arcade styles.

#25 Posted by DoomNukem3D (371 posts) -

I didnt even grow up with Sega but I wish they didnt **** up and were still making consoles. I much prefer them over Sony and Microsoft.

#26 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1629 posts) -

@doomnukem3d said:

I didnt even grow up with Sega but I wish they didnt **** up and were still making consoles. I much prefer them over Sony and Microsoft.

If you prefer Sega over Sony and Microsoft, because of having more IPs in one of your favourite genres?

#27 Posted by DoomNukem3D (371 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18: The way you worded that I'm not exactly sure what your asking. Sega made a lot of great games and consoles, plus they were legendary in arcade innovation.

#28 Posted by Raining51 (1144 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:

Nobody.

Believe it or not I would give the ame sanswer...

sega has my favorite system (genesis) and favorite franchises (Sonic when it's good, gotten into a few others as well)

That said there are many individual games that I think are great/better on many other systems... for a company wide identity I think Sega is more consistent than Intne Nintendo though

and that's a really steep challenge because Nintendo has amazing standard quality as well.

#29 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1629 posts) -

@doomnukem3d said:

@mclarenmaster18: The way you worded that I'm not exactly sure what your asking. Sega made a lot of great games and consoles, plus they were legendary in arcade innovation.

I was asking why you prefer Sega over Sony and Microsoft because of them having IPs like Sonic that you much more prefer over Uncharted and Halo right?

#30 Edited by robert_sparkes (3238 posts) -

I preferred sega over ms in terms of consoles. 2 sega consoles are my favourites of all time. It's a shame they had so many screw ups in the 16 bit era.

Sega have better exclusives I remember that feeling of having arcade quality games on a home console. Even the Saturn that bombed in Europe had great arcade games.

#31 Posted by DoomNukem3D (371 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18: I liked their ips, consoles, and arcade cabinets. I like Sonic but it's not a favorite franchise of mine. I think the Genesis had much better to offer.

#32 Posted by SaltSlasher (1244 posts) -

I don't get the question, who we want over Sega? For what?

Are we talking who we want to replace Sega...Xbox already did.

#33 Posted by XenoNinja (5336 posts) -

Unlike Sony and Microsoft. Sega was a true gaming company just like Nintendo. Its sad they died, but there are just so many companies i prefer over them now.