What factor points to the X1X selling well?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts

It migh sell higher cut of new sku's sold than pro hs(20ish) but thats about it

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

@TheEroica said:

... what to you is the signifying factor that the XoneX will be desirable with so much stacked against it?

Well...there are 28 - 30M current xbox one owners out there!

My guess is (and probably MS's as well) a large number of those loyal current xbox owners who already bought an xbox one and have a large library of games will double down on the Xbox one X.

Since those people are already invested, chances are they will do it again in an attempt to get a little extra from that decision.

That is really the most logical conclusion one could draw. Just look at the posters in system wars who are the most vocal about buying the system. They are loyal xbox one fans who also just happen to be current xbox one owners.

No one else is really making noise about this system outside the xbox community, contrary to something like The Nintendo Switch where people from every side shows interest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c746fddbe486
deactivated-5c746fddbe486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-5c746fddbe486
Member since 2017 • 193 Posts

@loe12k: Does that last 4 years of first party stop existing for new Xbox gamers

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

MSoft themselves have actually gone on record saying they don't expect the OneX to sell great. So you are basically asking why would it sell well in the face of the company saying it won't.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

There isn't any factors to help sell XboneX with a $500.00 to the average gaming public as a whole.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I think the biggest obstacle Xbox One X faces is that the majority already own a PS4, which means they already own PS4 games. If they want the benefit of updated performance to games they already own, these folks will have to purchase their games again. If they only intend to purchase new releases on Xbox One X, then you're still asking someone to buy a machine to play games that they can already play on the machine they own. It's not an easy sell...

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

Super Fast Adoption of 4K TV's is what should help the XB1X sell well. Even then MS doesn't expect a Premium $500 console to sell as quickly as a mass market $300 box.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

A price drop to $299 :P xD

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@tigerbalm: that's where you are wrong and devious marketing comes into play. Again it's just like the Elite controller, Xbox people bought them up, PC people. MS advertised a $150 controller with some extra paddles for the hardcore/elite gamer. It's not for casuals. Same is being said for the X1X. It's MS duping people by saying "this isn't for you, it's for the people in the know". Then poor consumerism takes place and people want to be in "the club" buy their way in.

Good marketing will always seperate fools from their money. MS will have tons of youtubers/streamers telling people "this is awesome and looks so great". Kids will tell their parents that's what I need, it's the best blah blah blah. MS knew what they were doing with the Elite controller and they know exactly how to market the Xbox One X. Don't be surprised when it sells out and MS pulls the same schtick it did with the Elite Controller. "We didn't expect it to be so popular we shipped what we thought would be plenty, we are working on getting more out there"

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@endofaugust said:

I'll lay out exactly why I believe it will sell very well.

It may cost more than the Pro but relative to what the system has and does it's not disproportionately priced, it's actually a very good value for the money whereas I'd argue that the Pro relative to its price is not, at $300 it would be. The Pro was a reason for people with 4K TV's to find some additional use for them, the Xbox One X will be a reason for people to actually go out and purchase 4K TV's, this is the type of device that ushers in adoption and largely gets a medium support, it wouldn't surprise me if television partnerships develop.

• This system will better all existing games even unpatched and backward compatible titles with better performance and post such as forced 16x anisotropic filtering.
  • Games will load faster due to increased HDD speed, faster memory and CPU cycles.
  • All patched games will look and perform better than their PlayStation counterparts and will attain and get much closer in all instances to 4K targeting.
  • It has 50% more memory which will allow for much higher resolution textures that will greatly benefit from the forced anisotropic filtering.
  • All games that render above native with automatically downsample for 1080p televisions, this even includes games capable of rendering beyond 4K and downsampling to 4K such as Titanfall 2. As an example a developer could render a game like Cuphead at 8K if they wanted and downsample to 4K for an extremely crisp image.
  • It has 4K UHD Blu-Ray, so not only are your gaming needs being met for 4K but also your media as broadcast standardization is lingering far behind and streaming cannot provide the proper bit-rate for 4K video.
  • It has Dolby Atmos for a true surround sound experience with not only horizontal audio virtualization but vertical as well.
  • It has FreeSync and variable refresh rate capability for smoother gameplay.
  • The system can capture gameplay at 4K/60 FPS.
  • It's smaller than the PlayStation 4 Pro and even the Xbox One S with a sleek and simple design that would fit in anywhere.

It's just a better designed system and by far, that extra year allowed Microsoft to really create something of high quality that has a leg up on the competition in every regard.

Sadly, in the end...

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 EndofAugust
Member since 2017 • 812 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:

I'll lay out exactly why I believe it will sell very well.

It may cost more than the Pro but relative to what the system has and does it's not disproportionately priced, it's actually a very good value for the money whereas I'd argue that the Pro relative to its price is not, at $300 it would be. The Pro was a reason for people with 4K TV's to find some additional use for them, the Xbox One X will be a reason for people to actually go out and purchase 4K TV's, this is the type of device that ushers in adoption and largely gets a medium support, it wouldn't surprise me if television partnerships develop.

• This system will better all existing games even unpatched and backward compatible titles with better performance and post such as forced 16x anisotropic filtering.
  • Games will load faster due to increased HDD speed, faster memory and CPU cycles.
  • All patched games will look and perform better than their PlayStation counterparts and will attain and get much closer in all instances to 4K targeting.
  • It has 50% more memory which will allow for much higher resolution textures that will greatly benefit from the forced anisotropic filtering.
  • All games that render above native with automatically downsample for 1080p televisions, this even includes games capable of rendering beyond 4K and downsampling to 4K such as Titanfall 2. As an example a developer could render a game like Cuphead at 8K if they wanted and downsample to 4K for an extremely crisp image.
  • It has 4K UHD Blu-Ray, so not only are your gaming needs being met for 4K but also your media as broadcast standardization is lingering far behind and streaming cannot provide the proper bit-rate for 4K video.
  • It has Dolby Atmos for a true surround sound experience with not only horizontal audio virtualization but vertical as well.
  • It has FreeSync and variable refresh rate capability for smoother gameplay.
  • The system can capture gameplay at 4K/60 FPS.
  • It's smaller than the PlayStation 4 Pro and even the Xbox One S with a sleek and simple design that would fit in anywhere.

It's just a better designed system and by far, that extra year allowed Microsoft to really create something of high quality that has a leg up on the competition in every regard.

Sadly, in the end...

If no one cared there wouldn't be constant talk about it, clearly people do care.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I've always been a big Xbox fan. I like that they shook things up in gaming, with the stellar OG Xbox and the 360 is one of my favorite consoles of all time... Easily.

Without going into the obvious woes of the Xone not being able keep Pace with the competition on almost every measurable point, like unique games that separate it and add identity, the XoneX is pushing hard on performance, namely true 4k and higher frame rates, but 4k TV's are only just starting to make a dent in the market, meaning those without a 4k tv most likely benefit to it's fullest... Not unlike Sony pushing a bloated 600 dollar Blu-ray PS3 on a market not yet saturated with HD TV's....

I guess my curiosity has led me to ask, what to you is the signifying factor that the XoneX will be desirable with so much stacked against it?

I'm surprised you ask. Remember, the reason the PS4 dramatically outsold the X1 is due to simply it being the more powerful console.

Every time a game is released, you see numerous threads on this forum about how the X1 version is inferior because it can't do 1080p. All of that is horrible press for the X1 while the PS4 enjoys favorable promotion.

Everything changes come this November. The most powerful console in the world and the best value in home consoles will be on Xbox. Going forward, all of the articles will point out that if you want to play the best version of any game, you have to invest in an X1X. This will also sell the X1S because for those who don't have the budget, it's a nice entry point into the awesome Xbox ecosystem.

We will be able to test if what I say is true in a few short months. The X1X will obviously sell out for months upon release. But this is the key, the X1S and X1X combined will outsell the PS4 and PS4 Pro combined going forward. You can bank on that. The reason is the favorable image created for the brand by having by far the best console experience ever.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22628 Posts

@Xplode_games: I don't disagree with your logic, as modern gamers have shown to have a chubby for top hardware , but if I can offer a counter argument, the PS4 and Xbox one, even the switch are now flooding the market, so where folks made a choice already on console, months or even years ago, I'm not thinking there will be a huge influx of people waiting with the same enthusiasm to buy another console, especially when microsoftt doesn't have any games of note that could be system sellers.

The logic in 2013 works, but in 2017, seems like folks aren't going to double down, when there aren't unique experiences to get behind. I mean, I own a PS4 and have always said, "I'll get an x1x to cover my Microsoft games and multipkats..." But looking ahead, despite having a 4k tv, I'm not parting with 500 dollars just to hope developers optimize their games to look a little better than my current PS4 games. To me the math doesn't add up.

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

Uncertainty over a PS5 launch window will help One X sell. If sony decided to drop an PS5 announcement promising the moon whispering sweet nothings into your ear at 12 TF with every RAM in the world crammed into a box full of native 4k dreams 2 weeks before One X launch for a next holiday release it would neuter most interest in the X (while killing the Pro as collateral damage).

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 EndofAugust

@eNT1TY said:

Uncertainty over a PS5 launch window will help One X sell. If sony decided to drop an PS5 announcement promising the moon whispering sweet nothings into your ear at 12 TF with every RAM in the world crammed into a box full of native 4k dreams 2 weeks before One X launch for a next holiday release it would neuter most interest in the X (while killing the Pro as collateral damage).

People shouldn't even bring up the PlayStation 5 for another few years, it's not even a conversational piece. What you're saying about 12 Teraflop in an APU wouldn't be a reality for three years or more, AMD literally just got their 12 Teraflop Vega 64 out the door.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#66  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The USA loves MS consoles so it will sell OK there.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@Xplode_games: PS4 situation is way different though. It's the first time the strongest console has been the cheapest console as well. By the time MS dropped Kinect, and got the prices down below PS4 prices it was already too late. People were jumping to it.

IMO mandatory Kinect killed Xbox One plan and simple. It would be just as dumb as Sony dropping a $700 PS5 that had mandatory PSVR. Yeah the thought process is good that Devs can focus and a whole user base. But if people don't want it they will go else where.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@xxyetixx said:

@Xplode_games: PS4 situation is way different though. It's the first time the strongest console has been the cheapest console as well. By the time MS dropped Kinect, and got the prices down below PS4 prices it was already too late. People were jumping to it.

IMO mandatory Kinect killed Xbox One plan and simple. It would be just as dumb as Sony dropping a $700 PS5 that had mandatory PSVR. Yeah the thought process is good that Devs can focus and a whole user base. But if people don't want it they will go else where.

This is what I feel many lemmings fail to see. They think power was the main reason Xbone failed without realizing it was a small part of the problem. Mandatory Kinect and the DRM fiasco are what doomed the Xbone's launch. The fact PS4 was cheaper while being more powerful was just a bonus.

Lems that think the XboneX will somehow salvage Xbone's rough situation due to more power and in for a rude awakening.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#69 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

Like I've always said, it's not aiming to be a sales champion. It's product meant to make money in a reliable but conservative way, selling to the more core gamer type than the mainstream consumer. It will probably be a successful product that makes them decent cash, all while avoiding clashing with the xb1 and xb1s. That's all it is.

Ryu_Silveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Ryu_Silveira
Member since 2017 • 167 Posts

I'm curious if the Xbox One X will have an upgraded 4K player? Or is it the same 4K player that is found in the Xbox One S?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#71 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@ryu_silveira: I think it is a far more capable one

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By EndofAugust

@charizard1605 said:

Even if it's the same the previous problems with the Xbox One S UHD drive were software related and addressed, it had to do with non-updated encryption software.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

One factor is for microsoft to sacrifice revenues for this thing. Get the initial expected strong sells then cut the price for a more wider adaption. Price cut will help drive the message that this console is now the multiplatform king. Its time for microsoft to win on that front. Sometimes we forget that sony's big margin is because this time they are winning multiplatform even in the US, in addition to the lack of exclusives for xbox especially this year. Its a problem that produced this playstation dominance. The hardware is there now for microsoft to craw back multiplatform wins, be bold cut the price quickly. How can you even get close if you don't win multi-platform games those buddy games, and your perceived to be the weakest when it comes to exclusives.

Ryu_Silveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ryu_Silveira
Member since 2017 • 167 Posts

@endofaugust said:
@charizard1605 said:

Even if it's the same the previous problems with the Xbox One S UHD drive were software related and addressed, it had to do with non-updated encryption software.

Really? Do you have a link? I don't mind searching for it on Google. I spoke with Kevin Miller about a month ago, he is a professional ISF Calibrator. At the time he told me the best 4K player was the Oppo. I was interested in the Oppo but it has a $500 price tag...lol. I told him I had the Xbox One S that I use as my 4K player and he told me about how he has heard people in the past have issues in regards to the colors not being properly displayed due to wide color gamut issues.

Now if the issues have been cleared up, that's great, I could keep the Xbox One S or even potentially grab the Xbox One X because for the same price I get more bang for my buck, I need something to play Red Dead Redemption 2 on. I've heard rumors of it coming to PC but I don't take rumors with much thought.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

The Pachter factor.