What factor points to the X1X selling well?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

I've always been a big Xbox fan. I like that they shook things up in gaming, with the stellar OG Xbox and the 360 is one of my favorite consoles of all time... Easily.

Without going into the obvious woes of the Xone not being able keep Pace with the competition on almost every measurable point, like unique games that separate it and add identity, the XoneX is pushing hard on performance, namely true 4k and higher frame rates, but 4k TV's are only just starting to make a dent in the market, meaning those without a 4k tv most likely benefit to it's fullest... Not unlike Sony pushing a bloated 600 dollar Blu-ray PS3 on a market not yet saturated with HD TV's....

I guess my curiosity has led me to ask, what to you is the signifying factor that the XoneX will be desirable with so much stacked against it?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Minecraft.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

A miracle.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

It won't sell well, so nothing?

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

I don't see the appeal at all. True 4k is just a marketing term, it will be using dynamic or checkerboard techniques most of the time like the Pro. It will be $100 more expensive and with a game library with 100+ quality games less than the Pro and lets not even talk about the PC. Any other system is a much better purchase right now.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Microsoft doesn't expect it to sell well. It's a $500 console four years into the generation. Only hardcore Xbox fans will be interested in it.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

The Best 3rd party games. New 4k UHD sets that use Freesync 2 next year. Almost 50% more powerful than any other console. 4k Blu-Rays are starting to sell more and even Disney are starting to make them. New I.Ps from Microsoft over the next few years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Microsoft themselves don't expect it to set the world on fire- so nothing.

@xhawk27 said:

The Best 3rd party games. New 4k UHD sets that use Freesync 2 next year. Almost 50% more powerful than any other console. 4k Blu-Rays are starting to sell more and even Disney are starting to make them. New I.Ps from Microsoft over the next few years.

None of those except the last point will sell consoles on their own when everyone else already owns one, and as for the last one- what indication do you have that Microsoft is making new IP? Actually, what studio does Microsoft have that could be making new IP?

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#11 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

They best they can hope for is a delay

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EndofAugust
Member since 2017 • 812 Posts

I'll lay out exactly why I believe it will sell very well.

It may cost more than the Pro but relative to what the system has and does it's not disproportionately priced, it's actually a very good value for the money whereas I'd argue that the Pro relative to its price is not, at $300 it would be. The Pro was a reason for people with 4K TV's to find some additional use for them, the Xbox One X will be a reason for people to actually go out and purchase 4K TV's, this is the type of device that ushers in adoption and largely gets a medium support, it wouldn't surprise me if television partnerships develop.

• This system will better all existing games even unpatched and backward compatible titles with better performance and post such as forced 16x anisotropic filtering.
  • Games will load faster due to increased HDD speed, faster memory and CPU cycles.
  • All patched games will look and perform better than their PlayStation counterparts and will attain and get much closer in all instances to 4K targeting.
  • It has 50% more memory which will allow for much higher resolution textures that will greatly benefit from the forced anisotropic filtering.
  • All games that render above native with automatically downsample for 1080p televisions, this even includes games capable of rendering beyond 4K and downsampling to 4K such as Titanfall 2. As an example a developer could render a game like Cuphead at 8K if they wanted and downsample to 4K for an extremely crisp image.
  • It has 4K UHD Blu-Ray, so not only are your gaming needs being met for 4K but also your media as broadcast standardization is lingering far behind and streaming cannot provide the proper bit-rate for 4K video.
  • It has Dolby Atmos for a true surround sound experience with not only horizontal audio virtualization but vertical as well.
  • It has FreeSync and variable refresh rate capability for smoother gameplay.
  • The system can capture gameplay at 4K/60 FPS.
  • It's smaller than the PlayStation 4 Pro and even the Xbox One S with a sleek and simple design that would fit in anywhere.

It's just a better designed system and by far, that extra year allowed Microsoft to really create something of high quality that has a leg up on the competition in every regard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@endofaugust: Why do you think the average cost conscious customer cares about any of that?

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

It sell good for it's Power and the look of the console? I don't think anyone is going to buy this console for first party? Microsoft hopefully will surprise at Gamescom and have some AAA games to show off?

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EndofAugust

@charizard1605 said:

@endofaugust: Why do you thin the average cost conscious customer cares about any of that?

People are adopting 4K TV's at an accelerating rate and the gaming industry is the one really taking the charge this time around for standardization, not the motion picture industry as much as say 1080p. People are going to want to fully make use of this technology that they just dumped a bunch of money into and the Xbox One X is the most inexpensive and feature capable device relative to its cost. Also as I said this is a device that excites people about the prospects of 4K, it's something that really rationalizes it and would make people want to upgrade their TV's.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

I think that it already has the things to make it sell well. Best versions of third party games, 4K UHD player, and the staple first party games like Halo/Gears/Forza. While it certainly won't win this gen for them it's more about turning things around and setting things up for the next gen.

NoctisFanboy93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NoctisFanboy93
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

They need to have a FFXV patch at launch as well a special edition console for FFXV

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EndofAugust

@noctisfanboy93 said:

They need to have a FFXV patch at launch as well a special edition console for FFXV

It's already confirmed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@endofaugust said:
@charizard1605 said:

@endofaugust: Why do you thin the average cost conscious customer cares about any of that?

People are adopting 4K TV's at an accelerating rate and the gaming industry is the one really taking the charge this time around for standardization, not the motion picture industry as much as say 1080p. People are going to want to fully make use of this technology that they just dumped a bunch of money into and the Xbox One X is the most inexpensive and feature capable device relative to its cost. Also as I said this is a device that excites people about the prospects of 4K, it's something that really rationalizes it and would make people want to upgrade their TV's.

And yet to the average customer, a cheaper '4K' console such as the Xbox one S (marketed for that) or PS4 Pro will be enough- this is assuming they care to upgrade their consoles to begin with. Why do you expect a $500 console to sell to the mass market when even Microsoft does not?

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 EndofAugust

@charizard1605 said:
@endofaugust said:
@charizard1605 said:

And yet to the average customer, a cheaper '4K' console such as the Xbox one S (marketed for that) or PS4 Pro will be enough- this is assuming they care to upgrade their consoles to begin with. Why do you expect a $500 console to sell to the mass market when even Microsoft does not?

You see it a certain way, I see it a different way, I'm not going to convince you and you're not going to convince me. As far as I can tell this is the first piece of technology to really offer rationalization of 4K content to the mass market. The Pro doesn't offer enough features and falls very short of its framebuffer target so it's not very appealing. This offers more than enough features and is much closer to that target, for a lack of better words it's sitting right on the cusp of it and that is much more appealing.

4K TV adoption will be at near 30% by the middle of next year, so it's not like it's this obscene niche anymore, it's coming along quickly especially with prices on these TV's being very low. Last year you could buy a competent 4K TV for $1,500, now you can get a comparable model for $700, there's way more wiggle room for post device purchasing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@endofaugust said:
@charizard1605 said:
@endofaugust said:
@charizard1605 said:

You see it a certain way, I see it a different way, I'm not going to convince you and you're not going to convince me. As far as I can tell this is the first piece of technology to really offer rationalization of 4K content to the mass market. The Pro doesn't offer enough features and falls very short of its framebuffer target so it's not very appealing. This offers more than enough features and is much closer to that target, for a lack of better words it's sitting right on the cusp of it and that is much more appealing.

4K TV adoption will be at near 30% by the middle of next year, so it's not like it's this obscene niche anymore, it's coming along quickly especially with prices on these TV's being very low. Last year you could buy a competent 4K TV for $1,500, now you can get a comparable model for $700, there's way more wiggle room for post device purchasing.

Okay, but again, let's put aside yours and mine interpretations, and look at Microsoft's- they don't expect it to sell much themselves. Why should we, when they are not approaching it with that mentality?

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@endofaugust: i agree with you NyAdc that the system certainly offers a lot for the money. But for you to say the pro offers significantly less value is nonsense. The pro has been out a year longer than the XboneX and people have been enjoying the most powerful console with the best games for that much longer.

The pro offers a lot for people who own a 4k tv or a 1080p tv, psvr, superior wifi and additional storage. For people like me it was a perfect mid gen upgrade if not only for a better psvr experience. I am excited for the bone x as a superior multiplat machine, but that's it. The 4k blu Ray player is nice, but if it's the same one as the one s, it will be half baked.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EndofAugust

@charizard1605 said:
@endofaugust said:
@charizard1605 said:
@endofaugust said:

Okay, but again, let's put aside yours and mine interpretations, and look at Microsoft's- they don't expect it to sell much themselves. Why should we, when they are not approaching it with that mentality?

Managing internal and external expectations so anything better than X is a feat or achievement. This console is going to offer the best gameplay, performance and graphics for the 97 percentile of games releasing (multiplats), it could very easily become the go to for 4K as the PS4 did for 1080p, to me that doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@endofaugust said:
@charizard1605 said:
@endofaugust said:
@charizard1605 said:
@endofaugust said:

Managing internal and external expectations so anything better than X is a feat or achievement. This console is going to offer the best gameplay, performance and graphics for the 97 percentile of games releasing (multiplats), it could very easily become the go to for 4K as the PS4 did for 1080p.

Alright, we'll see how it does. I hope Microsoft rebounds.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

@endofaugust said:

It may cost more than the Pro but relative to what the system has and does it's not disproportionately priced, it's actually a very good value for the money whereas I'd argue that the Pro relative to its price is not, at $300 it would be. The Pro was a reason for people with 4K TV's to find some additional use for them, the Xbox One X will be a reason for people to actually go out and purchase 4K TV's, this is the type of device that ushers in adoption and largely gets a medium support, it wouldn't surprise me if television partnerships develop.

• This system will better all existing games even unpatched and backward compatible titles with better performance and post such as forced 16x anisotropic filtering.
  • Games will load faster due to increased HDD speed, faster memory and CPU cycles.
  • All patched games will look and perform better than their PlayStation counterparts and will attain and get much closer in all instances to 4K targeting.
  • It has 50% more memory which will allow for much higher resolution textures that will greatly benefit from the forced anisotropic filtering.
  • All games that render above native with automatically downsample for 1080p televisions, this even includes games capable of rendering beyond 4K and downsampling to 4K such as Titanfall 2. As an example a developer could render a game like Cuphead at 8K if they wanted and downsample to 4K for an extremely crisp image.
  • It has 4K UHD Blu-Ray, so not only are your gaming needs being met for 4K but also your media as broadcast standardization is lingering far behind and streaming cannot provide the proper bit-rate for 4K video.
  • It has Dolby Atmos for a true surround sound experience with not only horizontal audio virtualization but vertical as well.
  • It's smaller than the PlayStation 4 Pro and even the Xbox One S with a sleek and simple design that would fit in anywhere.

It's just a better designed system and by far, that extra year allowed Microsoft to really create something of high quality that has a leg up on the competition in every regard.

Pretty much this. Unlike the Pro, developers and fans were asking for a more powerful Xbox, so Microsoft is going to give it to them. They're going to give them the most powerful console. It looks like, I'm not sure, but it seems like SW users only visit and know gaming sites. Because there are other tech and entertainment websites with large communities that appreciate the latest and greatest tech. Take for example bluray.com. It has a healthy amount of users, it even have gaming sections for specific consoles too, but there are tons of users that already adopted the latest TV sets. There are also deal sites with large amount of users that always gather whenever there's new 4k deals. Only the X1X can provide these consumers their real true 4k needs in every aspect, from 4k entertainment to 4k gaming needs.

With that said, no one here can actually know what other people want to buy with their money. I mean I have friend who buys Madden every year and only plays them on PlayStation. He could save money by buying it on the Xbox with EA Access, since EA Access seem to add Madden games the following year or so. But no, he just basically get PlayStations for Madden. So the factor point will vary with every consumer. That's why there are people that prefer gaming consoles over PC gaming. Factors will vary with every consumer. All we know is that the Xbox One X is the most powerful console, games will be best on it over other consoles, it looks pretty good, it offers every 4k option available for a 4k machine, and play games with the comforts of a home gaming console.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EndofAugust

@charizard1605 said:
@endofaugust said:
@charizard1605 said:
@endofaugust said:
@charizard1605 said:

Managing internal and external expectations so anything better than X is a feat or achievement. This console is going to offer the best gameplay, performance and graphics for the 97 percentile of games releasing (multiplats), it could very easily become the go to for 4K as the PS4 did for 1080p.

It would be fantastic to see all three brands killing it in different market sectors. One of the best prospects I see for the X is developer adoption and in general reaction, it's a much more appealing system to develop for and apparently very easy. I mean look at The Witcher 3, it coaxed CD Projekt RED out of a dead development state for that game to revisit it.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

It's gonna flop in sales so absolutely nothing.

That $500 sticker price, lack of games, and the fact it's competing with the already popular PS4 and Switch means it's doomed to fail this holiday.

Xbone doing sub-105K in its strongest market while only costing $250. A $500 console that requires you to own a 4KTV to take full advantage of it won't do shit to help them. MS knows this and so does everyone that isn't a delusional lem like NyaDC. The only people gonna line up to buy it are hardcore Xbox fans and there aren't that many out there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@endofaugust said:
@charizard1605 said:
@endofaugust said:
@charizard1605 said:
@endofaugust said:

It would be fantastic to see all three brands killing it in different market sectors. One of the best prospects I see for the X is developer adoption and in general reaction, it's a much more appealing system to develop for and apparently very easy. I mean look at The Witcher 3, it coaxed CD Projekt RED out of a dead development state for that game to revisit it.

Absolutely, having each of the three consoles dominating a different segment of the market would lead to a vibrant, healthy, growing marketplace, and I would love for that to happen. That necessitates each brand striking its own identity, so at the very least I am glad to see Microsoft emboldened and try to get out of the shadow of PS4. I hope it pays off for them, and I hope they drop that price soon.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I mean there's a lot to the XOneX as some above have pointed out.....but, you know that saying that goes "sex sells" ? Well, power sells as well. Let's not forget that it's a premium device, so it's not expected to be a monster seller....but who knows, we'll see.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Think MS is looking to reconcile for the people that bought into xbox one and kinect. The selling point is a system geared to give a significant boost over xbox one. MS continually enhancing xbox live, the push for games as a service, going out and grabbing succesful PC titles (PUBG). It will be a great system for people into third party multiplayer games, will be future proof to hold up against the next xbox n ps systems(the freesync and game vrr modes will help performance). Back to PUBG, MS might look to bring more popular PC titles in the future that fit in so that will be a plus, more great multiplayer games along with MS first party.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

@TheEroica:

I think it's a better upgrade for base unit owners than the pro was for its base.

Who knows about new comers but it might get more upgrades than the pro.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

If the PS4 Pro couldn't sell well at a $399 price point while the PS4 continues to be a best seller, I don't know what chance the Xbox One X has when the Xbox One is consistently in 3rd place now that the Switch is here. The Xbox brand has zero momentum while launching a $499 box. I'm in day 1, but I'm also sick in the head. The average consumer will be able to pass on this one easily.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

Like what @Alucard_Prime said, Xbox One X is a "Premium" upgrade console machine and it's no rocket scientist everyone already knows it won't set the world on fire, not even MS expects to lite up the sky either. This has always been an optional to upgrade from current Xbox One consoles but let's ask ourselves this, do you really need it?

I don't think any regular Xbox One gamers will run out and buy Xbox One X day one, maybe later when the price goes down but I do see few Xbox gamers here in SW will buy it day one, so MS has a few SW customers waiting to buy it.

Again, this isn't a next-gen console, this is an upgrade mid-gen console only.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EndofAugust

@goldenelementxl said:

If the PS4 Pro couldn't sell well at a $399 price point while the PS4 continues to be a best seller, I don't know what chance the Xbox One X has when the Xbox One is consistently in 3rd place now that the Switch is here. The Xbox brand has zero momentum while launching a $499 box. I'm in day 1, but I'm also sick in the head. The average consumer will be able to pass on this one easily.

The Pro is largely half-assed though so it's not exactly comparable.

Is the Pro a good value at $399? No, is the Xbox One X a good value at $499? Yes.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

I think the reason that the PS4 Pro didn't do so well is because it just wasn't a sufficient enough of an upgrade from the base PS4 to really be all that compelling enough. In my opinion the difference between the base Xbox One/S and the Xbox One X is much more substantial and worth it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

It should be noted that everyone who has already own a PS4 since launch like me, wasn't interested upgrading when there was nothing wrong with the current PS4 to begin with. Upgrading from PS4 to PS4 Pro was something I wasn't interest upgrading at all. The Pro was really aim for those who didn't already own a PS4 and even then, it was a late edition for a mid-gen upgrade.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 EndofAugust

@davillain- said:

It should be noted that everyone who has already own a PS4 since launch like me, wasn't interested upgrading when there was nothing wrong with the current PS4 to begin with. Upgrading from PS4 to PS4 Pro was something I wasn't interest upgrading at all. The Pro was really aim for those who didn't already own a PS4 and even then, it was a late edition for a mid-gen upgrade.

That was another reason there has been very little market penetration for the Pro, who ever asked for something like this? I don't remember a single person ever clamoring on about how they wish there were a more powerful PlayStation 4. Xbox One though? Clearly people were not happy with its compute standing and were asking for it, even worse the cows were making fun of its compute standing so in a way they were asking for one too as no doubt quite a lot of them were ex-360 owners not impressed with what the system was doing.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Being the best console for third party games is the best it can hope for, but this approach is contingent on how developers utilize it.

I'm fine if developers skip optimizing games for native 4K as I feel that's just going to keep many games looking like all the other versions but only at a higher resolution, instead I hope they optimize the experience around visual fidelity, using techniques like checkerboard rendering and temporal super-sampling and whatever kinds of tricks they have up their sleeves to free up resources to enhance all kinds of visual effects and squeeze every bit of power and performance out of it that they can.

Back at the beginning of this gen I felt too much emphasis was placed on getting games to run in native 1080p out the gate, or at 60fps as opposed to a solid 30fps, I feel the flexibility of developers to tailor their games to how they see fit and to achieve the results they're going for should be more important than them working against a criteria barrier where everyone will badmouth a game if it doesn't do exactly what they want. I'm glad, at least, Microsoft is saying they'll let developers make their own choices instead of mandating parity between the two tiers of consoles. It should prove interesting to see who makes the better choices with their games.

Anyhow, I don't think there's a whole lot they can do this gen at this point except make an impression, same way Nintendo kept supporting the Wii U until it was able to show it had some great games. I feel Microsoft is in the same boat, unwilling to move on to a true next gen system until they have their "that'll do pig" moment.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@TheEroica:

People getting their pannies in a bundle over a few pixels.

People buying everything regardless of quality.

People buying $200 limited editions with a plastic toy inside.

Those fcking "unboxing" YouTube videos

Maybe some people want everything in one box; TV, stream, games, Dvr, 4k blue ray.

I could be wrong but there's no other product on the market like the Xbox one x(other than the S model?) , is there?

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Man at least in the U.S. It's gonna sell for the keeping up with the Jones factor. It's the "best/strongest" consoles on the market.

Last but not least just like with the Elite controller, you have MS saying it's for the hardcore gamer, that's in the know. Well all the casuals are gonna say "hey I'm hardcore, I must need this too"

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts
  1. Powerful console - more what the Pro should have been.
  2. Play Anywhere.
  3. Heavy Marketing (it's gonna happen).
  4. Suprisingly reasonable price.
  5. UHD if you're looking for UHD and higher-quality games over the S.

What will make it fail ATM:

1. Lack of games.

MS need to get on some release window games. 4K patches and higher-quality multiplats won't differentiate you enough.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

It won't sell well at all. Even if it had a great exclusive lineup it wouldn't sell because most consumers will always buy the cheaper version of the console.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By EndofAugust

@lundy86_4 said:
  2. Play Anywhere.

1. Lack of games.

MS need to get on some release window games. 4K patches and higher-quality multiplats won't differentiate you enough.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, the level in which games benefit on this platform in general is so much better conceived that the concession of a few exclusive games here and there really isn't a big deal especially when they make up so few games to begin with. I think the platform itself and what the system can actually offer in terms of features and benefits is enough to differentiate itself.

I mean if you look at the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 the PS4 was just more powerful, that's really all it had going for it. This console is not only more powerful, it's got more features and quirks to the way games actually function and operate that provide benefits above its raw power not to mention it has things completely non-existent or omitted from the Pro.

Look at it this way, ask any person on this forum if they would rather play a game on the Xbox One X or the PlayStation 4 Pro, it's a loaded question and an automatic windfall.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Unlikely to make too much of a difference to total XO sales. Most people have a PS4, how much of an incentive is there for those people to jump ship when all their games and likely their friends are on or using a PS4? The answer to that is next to nothing outside of power, which has been shown to not necessarily sway gamers.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@endofaugust said:
@lundy86_4 said:
  2. Play Anywhere.

1. Lack of games.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, the level in which games benefit on this platform in general is so much better conceived that the concession of a few exclusive games here and there really isn't a big deal especially when they make up so few games to begin with. I think the platform itself and what the system can actually offer in terms of features and benefits is enough to differentiate itself.

I mean if you look at the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 the PS4 was just more powerful, that's really all it had going for it. This console is not only more powerful, it's got more features and quirks to the way games actually function and operate that provide benefits above its raw power not to mention it has things completely non-existent or omitted from the Pro.

Look at it this way, ask any person on this forum if they would rather play a game on the Xbox One X or the PlayStation 4 Pro, it's a loaded question and an automatic windfall.

Right, exclusive games aren't a big deal suddenly. Better multi-plats are though. Worked sooo well for the ps4 pro.

And as to your loaded question, of course I'd rather play a multi-plat on X1X over PS4 pro. Assuming someone was giving me both consoles for free. But I sure as hell wouldn't buy an X1X at the exclusion of all of the exclusives on PS4 just to get a slightly better version of the multi-plats which are all better on PC anyhow.

Even Microsoft isn't expecting to set the world on fire with X1X sales, not sure why you're so optimistic.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PinkAnimal

@endofaugust said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Is the Pro a good value at $399? No, is the Xbox One X a good value at $499? Yes.

pfft, if the Pro is half-assed so is the 1X. It was sold as an "uncompromised True 4k" machine and we have all seen that it needs to compromise and use non-True 4k more often than not, just like the Pro. Besides DF has said that native 4k compared to techniques like checkerboarding is not so easily noticeable unless you run the games side by side so for $100 less that achieves a similar visual fidelity to a more expensive machine is a good value.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

O yeah, also the fact its not considered a joke like PS4 Pro was. That will help a bunch. And the physical bluray, Sony stupid for missing that one.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 EndofAugust

@pinkanimal said:
@endofaugust said:
@goldenelementxl said:

pfft, if the Pro is half-assed so is the 1X. It was sold as an "uncompromised True 4k" machine and we have all seen that it needs to compromise and use non-True 4k more often than not, just like the Pro. Besides DF has said that native 4k compared to techniques like checkerboarding is not so easily noticeable unless you run the games side by side so for $100 less that achieves a similar visual fidelity to a more expensive machine is a good value.

You clearly don't understand the implication of why it is referred to as half-assed and the Xbox One X is not.

*cough*

@endofaugust said:

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PinkAnimal

@endofaugust: anybody can make a list that sounds impressive without links and actual empirical proof even for the Pro. The end of the matter is, will the X1 present in practice a significant difference to the Pro? All is pointing out that, despite the difference in hardware, the practical and perceivable difference won't be as big as expected. So yeah, half-assed