What, exactly, does the PS4 have left any more?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

With the recent announcement that Resogun is going to the Playstation Vita as well, I have a serious, genuine question right now- why exactly is this console selling? What does it have to warrant the sales?

Now, before we proceed, I need to establish one thing: judging by the trend of previous PlayStation consoles, I am confident that, four-five years down the line, as this generation winds down, the PS4 will be the best console to own. That's how it usually is, so I have no reason to doubt that it'll happen this time. This thread, however, is about the here and now.

In the here and now, the PS4 is absolutely worthless. Why exactly should I buy one? Let's look at its amazing lineup one year in:

• Resogun (also on PS Vita)
  • Killzone Shadow Fall (a game so bad, even Sony fans admit it is bad, and when Sony fans are admitting that one of their games is bad, you know it's bad)
  • Knack (lol)
  • DriveClub (lol)
  • Transistor (great game, also on PC)
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (great game, also on PC and PS4)
  • Samurai Warriors 4 (good for what it is, also on PS3 and PS Vita)
  • MLB: The Show (again, good for what it is and also on PS3 and PS Vita)
  • Velocity 2X (great game, also on PS Vita)
  • The Last of Us: Remastered (also on PlayStation 3)
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 (also on PlayStation 3)
  • inFamous: Second Son (this might be the only actual good game on this list; from what I understand, however, it's pretty unremarkable, outside of pretty visuals, and has no staying power)

That's pathetic. Really, it is. And before Sony fans come in and start railing against me because the console is only a year old, that is not an acceptable excuse- I want to point out exactly how much better than the PS4 the other two consoles are/were doing one year into their lifespan:

XBOX ONE:

• Forza Motorsport 5 (apparently the worst game in the series since the first one, but mostly because of missing content)
  • Dead Rising 3 (also on PC)
  • Ryse: Son of Rome (lol. That said, if you do want to play it, it's also on PC)
  • Killer Instinct (apparently a disappointment; exclusive only to Xbox One for all it's worth)
  • Titanfall (also on PC and Xbox 360, and pretty much the same across all platforms; that said, I think the PC version at least is dead in terms of online population, which is a problem for an online only game, which means that the Xbox 360/One versions may be the only viable ones)
  • Sunset Overdrive (great game. Exclusive)
  • Kinect Sports Rivals (lol)
  • Dance Central: Spotlight (good for what it is, but also on Xbox 360)
  • Fantasia: Music Evolved (good for what it is, but also on Xbox 360)
  • Project Spark (it's actually supposed to be pretty good, but it's also on PC)
  • Forza Horizon 2 (great game, but it's also on Xbox 360. That said, I think Digital Foundry said the Xbox 360 version is terribly neutered. Whatever, I won't count it as an exclusive regardless)
  • D4 (exclusive, pretty good from what I hear)
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection (the best way to play Halo, but it is not exclusive)

WII U:

• New Super Mario Bros. U (good game, exclusive)
  • ZombiU (polarizing)
  • Nintendo Land (it's a good party game, nothing to write home about, however)
  • Lego City Undercover (supposed to be pretty good and charming, but again, nothing to write home about. Like the inFamous: Second Son of the Wii U lineup)
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (also on 3DS, but the Wii U version is supposed to be the best one, with dual analog controls and online play)
  • Game and Wario (lol)
  • The Wonderful 101 (Hiddeki Kamiya's newest masterpiece, another example of Platinum's mastery over the action genre)
  • Pikmin 3 (from what I gather, not the best Pikmin game, that's still 2, but a pretty good one regardless)
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (remaster of a great game, but still ultimately a remaster)
  • Sonic: Lost World (lol. That said, a version of this is also on the 3DS, albeit not as good, I gather)
  • Super Mario 3D World (amazing game. Possibly one of the best Mario games, and a highlight of the Wii U's lineup one year in)

Writing this, several things occur to me:

1. The Wii U got railed against for its lacking lineup one year in (its lineup only started getting praised this year), but looking at that, I am confused as to how exactly it as lacking. Especially considering how hysterically bad the Xbox One and PS4 is.
  2. 'Buh-buh multiplats!' Yeah, no. I didn't buy the PS4 to play games I can already play on my current consoles. Just as I didn't buy Wii U to play Mass Effect 3, Arkham City, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Assassin's Creed 4, or Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I did not buy the PS4 (or would not buy the Xbox One) to play Destiny, Watch Dogs, Aliens: Isolation, or Shadow of Mordor (and two of those games are terrible anyway, with the other two, the ones not terrible, actually being perfectly fine on an Xbox 360 for anyone not too concerned about the number of lines on their TV screen)

I mean, shit. I knew the situation was bad, but making this thread showed me just how bad. The PS4 one year in is terrible- this may actually be the worst year, from a games perspective, that I can remember for any mainstream system on the market. I know the PS4 will eventually get loads of games- Bloodborne and Persona 5 (even though that one is a multiplat), I am looking at you two- but man, why exactly is it selling now? What does it have left to warrant those sales?

EDIT: Added Velocity and Transistor to the PlayStation section, removed point #2 from my 'Points to Note' as that was just wrong.

EDIT 2: Added missing Xbox One games pointed out by Blackace

EDIT 3: Added missing PS4 games pointed out by tormentos

EDIT 4: Changes to KI's descriptor

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Cows have tumbleweeds to watch and sales and talk about. That's something, right?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

It has 2015....................................and inFamous Second Son.

Oh, and sales.........i guess

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Well I mean Sony has been delivering their promise since the launch. "Greatness Awaits" was the slogan, not "greatness is here." Also, they have a great online service that gives FREE* games, and never breaks down like lol lems!

*not free

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

and better looking and running multiplats than both the Wii U and Xbone. Don't ever forget that.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

The PS4 has a profitable division, is the sales leader and has a network called PSN that is in ruins. Don't mention the games. That would be like bursting into a room shouting that you have just seen a Unicorn.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

2015 it has uncharted and bloodborne i guess. I don't know what else.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

The same reason the Playstation 2 killed the Dreamcast. Hype, excitement, support and consumer confidence in the system.

(Honestly though, Resogun and Velocity 2X being on the Vita only matters in System Wars - in the real world, very few people will ever own a Vita.)

Also, there are a large number of people that don't want to play multiplatform games on a desktop PC, purchase an expensive gaming laptop, buy a pointless Steam Box, or move their desktop PC into their TV room. I enjoy PC gaming a great deal personally, but lots of average ordinary people play multiplats on console, and it makes sense to choose the best console if you're going to do that.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

1080p/30fps

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

those sales numbers doh.

but in all seriousness..the PS4 = casual machine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SakusEnvoy said:

The same reason the Playstation 2 killed the Dreamcast. Hype, excitement and consumer confidence in the system.

(Honestly though, Resogun and Velocity 2X being on the Vita only matters in System Wars - in the real world, very few people will ever own a Vita.)

Aren't the lifetime sales estimated to be in the region of 10 million? That's hardly 'very few people.'

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

They have a larger first party that consists of 95% sub-par devs, and they have a handful of Japanese games that MS and Nintendo won't get.

Other than that, they've fallen so far since the PS2 days.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

How is a game with an average score of a 7 considered "So Bad" now?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@AM-Gamer said:

How is a game with an average score of a 7 considered "So Bad" now?

Because everyone who plays it knows it's bad.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

yep, ps4 sucks. The war is over.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

50% more power. That's about it for now but this whole console generation thing is fluid situation.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@Gue1 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

and better looking and running multiplats than both the Wii U and Xbone. Don't ever forget that.

That's true, i won't deny it. But then, it doesn't have the best looking and running multiplat versions.

Because by that view point, the wii u and xbone have better versions than the PS3 and xbox 360.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@lostrib: Oh right. The cinematicz is something the PS4 has exclusive to its consoles. The xbone has 30 Fps too but that's different.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

yep, ps4 sucks. The war is over.

Screencapped.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Yeah.

I mean, when the only reason I want PS4 right now is MLB The Show 15, that's probably not a good a sign.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

It has TLOU remastered and GTA V remastered

And don't forget, UC remastered will be announces soon too.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Missed a few XB1 exclusives like Dance Central: Spot Light, D4, Kinect Sports, Fantasia Music Evolvedand & Project Spark. All of these games (except for Kinect Sports) scored better then Killzone:SF, Driveclub & Knack on Metacritics. What's funny is most of them are Kinect games. XB1 easily beats the PS4 in exclusives and scored better with exclusives.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I had a proper post to make, but I decided to post this instead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@blackace said:

Missed a few XB1 exclusives like Dance Central: Spot Light, D4, Kinect Sports, Fantasia Music Evolvedand & Project Spark. All of these games (except for Kinect Sports) scored better then Killzone:SF, Driveclub & Knack on Metacritics. What's funny is most of them are Kinect games. XB1 easily beats the PS4 in exclusives and scored better with exclusives.

Could you tell me which ones I missed? I'll add them. Also, please make sure to note if they are also on Xbox 360. Thanks!

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

[...] I am confident that, four-five years down the line, as this generation winds down, the PS4 will be the best console to own. That's how it usually is, so I have no reason to doubt that it'll happen this time [...]

Presto, the reason why people buy it. It's a safe investment based on its brand power, marketing success and the success of previous consoles, it's going to get plenty of support down the line.

I have no interest in any of its upcoming games, and the WiiU looks .. infinitely more appealing to me, but i can understand why people buy a PS4.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

Funny how you ignore the fact that PS4 has the best version of multiplats out of the 3 consoles you listed, Its hilarious how much of a blind sheep you are. PS4 has the best overall library of any of the three consoles in 2014, Wii U only had 24 total games on it. The people have chosen the quad as the gen8 leader and you're going to have to accept that fact.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@elpresador-911 said:

Funny how you ignore the fact that PS4 has the best version of multiplats out of the 3 consoles you listed, Its hilarious how much of a blind sheep you are. PS4 has the best overall library of any of the three consoles in 2014, Wii U only had 24 total games on it. The people have chosen the quad as the gen8 leader and you're going to have to accept that fact.

lol. With what? Destiny? Watch Dogs? Ell oh ell.

@Lucianu said:

Presto, the reason why people buy it. It's a safe investment based on its brand power, marketing success and the success of previous consoles, it's going to get plenty of support down the line.

I have no interest in any of its upcoming games, and the WiiU looks .. infinitely more appealing to me, but i can understand why people buy a PS4.

Yes, but in that case, why buy it now? Why not wait a few years, when it's cheaper and actually has games to own, plus has all its kinks worked out, and get it then?

... that is also a question I ask myself, actually.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R4gn4r0k

@charizard1605:

You forgot Mario Kart ?

You... forgot mario kart :/

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Elpresador-911

@charizard1605: PS4 had the most total games released for it of the three consoles in 2014, that is a fact that cant be refuted.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

With the recent announcement that Resogun is going to the Playstation Vita as well, I have a serious, genuine question right now- why exactly is this console selling? What does it have to warrant the sales?

Now, before we proceed, I need to establish one thing: judging by the trend of previous PlayStation consoles, I am confident that, four-five years down the line, as this generation winds down, the PS4 will be the best console to own. That's how it usually is, so I have no reason to doubt that it'll happen this time. This thread, however, is about the here and now.

In the here and now, the PS4 is absolutely worthless. Why exactly should I buy one? Let's look at its amazing lineup one year in:

• Resogun (also on PS Vita)
  • Killzone Shadow Fall (a game so bad, even Sony fans admit it is bad, and when Sony fans are admitting that one of their games is bad, you know it's bad)
  • Knack (lol)
  • DriveClub (lol)
  • Transistor (great game, also on PC)
  • Velocity 2X (great game, also on PS Vita)
  • The Last of Us: Remastered (also on PlayStation 3)
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 (also on PlayStation 3)
  • inFamous: Second Son (this might be the only actual good game on this list; from what I understand, however, it's pretty unremarkable, outside of pretty visuals, and has no staying power)

That's pathetic. Really, it is. And before Sony fans come in and start railing against me because the console is only a year old, that is not an acceptable excuse- I want to point out exactly how much better than the PS4 the other two consoles are/were doing one year into their lifespan:

XBOX ONE:

• Forza Motorsport 5 (apparently the worst game in the series since the first one, but mostly because of missing content)
  • Dead Rising 3 (also on PC)
  • Ryse: Son of Rome (lol. That said, if you do want to play it, it's also on PC)
  • Killer Instinct (this is a great game, and actually only exclusive to Xbox One)
  • Titanfall (also on PC and Xbox 360, and pretty much the same across all platforms; that said, I think the PC version at least is dead in terms of online population, which is a problem for an online only game, which means that the Xbox 360/One versions may be the only viable ones)
  • Sunset Overdrive (great game. Exclusive)
  • Forza Horizon 2 (great game, but it's also on Xbox 360. That said, I think Digital Foundry said the Xbox 360 version is terribly neutered. Whatever, I won't count it as an exclusive regardless)
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection (the best way to play Halo, but it is not exclusive)

WII U:

• New Super Mario Bros. U (good game, exclusive)
  • ZombiU (polarizing)
  • Nintendo Land (it's a good party game, nothing to write home about, however)
  • Lego City Undercover (supposed to be pretty good and charming, but again, nothing to write home about. Like the inFamous: Second Son of the Wii U lineup)
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (also on 3DS, but the Wii U version is supposed to be the best one, with dual analog controls and online play)
  • Game and Wario (lol)
  • The Wonderful 101 (Hiddeki Kamiya's newest masterpiece, another example of Platinum's mastery over the action genre)
  • Pikmin 3 (from what I gather, not the best Pikmin game, that's still 2, but a pretty good one regardless)
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (remaster of a great game, but still ultimately a remaster)
  • Sonic: Lost World (lol. That said, a version of this is also on the 3DS, albeit not as good, I gather)
  • Super Mario 3D World (amazing game. Possibly one of the best Mario games, and a highlight of the Wii U's lineup one year in)

Writing this, several things occur to me:

1. The Wii U got railed against for its lacking lineup one year in (its lineup only started getting praised this year), but looking at that, I am confused as to how exactly it as lacking. Especially considering how hysterically bad the Xbox One and PS4 is.
  2. 'Buh-buh multiplats!' Yeah, no. I didn't buy the PS4 to play games I can already play on my current consoles. Just as I didn't buy Wii U to play Mass Effect 3, Arkham City, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Assassin's Creed 4, or Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I did not buy the PS4 (or would not buy the Xbox One) to play Destiny, Watch Dogs, Aliens: Isolation, or Shadow of Mordor (and two of those games are terrible anyway, with the other two, the ones not terrible, actually being perfectly fine on an Xbox 360 for anyone not too concerned about the number of lines on their TV screen)

I mean, shit. I knew the situation was bad, but making this thread showed me just how bad. The PS4 one year in is terrible- this may actually be the worst year, from a games perspective, that I can remember for any mainstream system on the market. I know the PS4 will eventually get loads of games- Bloodborne and Persona 5 (even though that one is a multiplat), I am looking at you two- but man, why exactly is it selling now? What does it have left to warrant those sales?

EDIT: Added Velocity and Transistor to the PlayStation section, removed point #2 from my 'Points to Note' as that was just wrong.

So you count Titanfall but don't count MLB,you count FH2 but not Samurai Warriors 4,you count Dead Rising 3 but not Final Fantasy,count MCC but not TLOU.?

How the fu** does that even begin to make sense,basically this is a troll thread by a mod..lol Great example...

There only 3 exclusives on that list,SO,Killer Instinct,and Forza 5 the rest is multi,the PS4 still has DC,Killzone,Samurai Warriors and Infamous as exclusives and LBP3 still to come,by the way LBP3 has no release date on PS3.

If you ignore number 2,you basically let the xbox one with 3 games.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

name the games then. Let's see. Multiplats don't count unless the games are broken on other consoles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@R4gn4r0k said:

@charizard1605:

You forgot Mario Kart ?

Not one year in.

@elpresador-911 said:

@charizard1605: PS4 had the most total games released for it of the three consoles in 2014, that is a fact that cant be refuted.

Most of which are pretty bad and/or playable elsewhere.

Look dude, as someone who has a PS4, simply gotten on faith, I think I am entitled to wonder about the purchase (which was stupid) and contrast it with my other purchases. Wii U, 3DS, Vita, are all much better platforms right now than PS4 is.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Ah.. I see.. So Mutiplats "count" on the WiiU/3DS now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@tormentos: I genuinely forgot about those games. I'll add them now.

Incidentally, I did not 'count' Titanfall. I dismiss it right after I list it. Learn to read.

EDIT: dafuq are you talking about, TLOU is right there. You quoted it. Learn. To. Read.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

All Consoles suck at the beginning.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DEadliNE-Zero0

@elpresador-911 said:

Funny how you ignore the fact that PS4 has the best version of multiplats out of the 3 consoles you listed

which is pointless since PC has the best version of multiplats.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SakusEnvoy

@charizard1605 said:

@SakusEnvoy said:

The same reason the Playstation 2 killed the Dreamcast. Hype, excitement and consumer confidence in the system.

Aren't the lifetime sales estimated to be in the region of 10 million? That's hardly 'very few people.'

Is it really so high? It's hard to tell, because Sony actively hides any statistics related to its performance. It's difficult to accurately estimate Vita's performance right now. Still, I don't think the PS4's library overlapping with the Vita's is a major concern for many people - the PS4 is a far healthier system than the Vita right now, so if anything Resogun going to Vita is just throwing Vita owners a belated bone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@OhSnapitz said:

Ah.. I see.. So Mutiplats "count" on the WiiU/3DS now.

What-?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R4gn4r0k

@charizard1605 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@charizard1605:

You forgot Mario Kart ?

Not one year in.

Ok, I see what you mean now.

These consoles are selling on hype anyway. Like I bought my Wii U knowing DKC and Mario Kart were just around the corner

Many people buy PS4s or XBones for games that are coming way later. It's all hype and it's pretty stupid thing to do. But it'll never stop.

Same thing: What's the point of buying games day one ? You pay more and you'll get more bugs. It's all hype.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

Chevy sells more cars than Ferrari. Doesn't mean that more is better. This is a fact that just owned you.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

@deadline-zero0: so all of the people buying a ps4 have a gaming PC? So let me get this straight. You and other Warriors like charizard think that people are just buying a ps4 out of hype? Even with the other cheaper alternatives like X1 or Wii U which according to you guys are better? Do you understand how moronic that sounds?

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Elpresador-911

multiplats count, just because wiiu doesnt get them doesnt mean they don't exist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SakusEnvoy said:

Is it really so high? It's hard to tell, because Sony actively hides any statistics related to its performance. It's difficult to accurately estimate Vita's performance right now. Still, I don't think the PS4's library overlapping with the Vita's is a major concern for many people - the PS4 is a far healthier system than the Vita right now, so if anything Resogun going to Vita is just throwing Vita owners a belated bone.

Sony announced in August that PS3+Vita+PS4 had hit 100 million total sales, with PS3 being at 80 million and PS4 being at 10 million at the time, it left 10 million for the Vita.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SakusEnvoy

@R4gn4r0k said:

@charizard1605 said:

Not one year in.

Ok, I see what you mean now.

These consoles are selling on hype anyway. Like I bought my Wii U knowing DKC and Mario Kart were just around the corner

Many people buy PS4s or XBones for games that are coming way later. It's all hype and it's pretty stupid thing to do. But it'll never stop.

Same thing: What's the point of buying games day one ? You pay more and you'll get more bugs. It's all hype.

Yeah... at least in the past, fast selling systems like the Playstation 2 and Wii were backwards compatible so they had a huge library of games available to play from Day 1. Why did people buy Xbox Ones and Playstation 4s in such large numbers last holiday season, when they could only play a tiny library of games? It really all just comes down to hype.

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

playstation consoles always had a slow start but always delivers eventually, since ps1, ps2 and ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

@deadline-zero0: so all of the people buying a ps4 have a gaming PC? So let me get this straight. You and other Warriors like charizard think that people are just buying a ps4 out of hype? Even with the other cheaper alternatives like X1 or Wii U which according to you guys are better? Do you understand how moronic that sounds?

Yeah, they're buying it put of hype. Can you establish a tangible reason that points out that they are not?

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SakusEnvoy

@charizard1605 said:

@SakusEnvoy said:

Sony announced in August that PS3+Vita+PS4 had hit 100 million total sales, with PS3 being at 80 million and PS4 being at 10 million at the time, it left 10 million for the Vita.

Mmm, that can't be right though. Playstation 3 reached 80 million units last year [link].

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

If you have a PC, there's not much point to the PS4, at least not yet (my PS4 has been sitting unused for a few months unfortunately). Then again if you have a PC, there's not much point to the Xbox One either. In terms of exclusives the Wii U is the only one that is worthwhile right now. Of course if you don't have a PC, it may be worth getting a PS4/Xbox One for multiplats. PS4 as better hardware so you could make a good argument for getting it, especially if (like me) the Xbox One doesn't have exclusives that appeal to you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SakusEnvoy said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SakusEnvoy said:

Mmm, that can't be right though. Playstation 3 reached 80 million units last year [link].

What is the last updated number we have for PS3 sales, would you happen to know?