What does Playstation have left?

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Playstation had a few decent games released early in the year, but what worthwhile titles do they have left for the rest of the year? Or are Playstation gamers just stuck with multiplats and wishing for 4k?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

This year, and exclusive? GT Sport, I guess.

Next year looks badass though.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DrLostRib

@charizard1605 said:

well that's underwhelming. Even last years Forza Horizon 3 is more worthwhile than that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@drlostrib said:
@charizard1605 said:

well that's underwhelming. Even last years Forza Horizon 3 is more worthwhile than that

I mean, this isn't new, Sony usually stacks the first half of the game with their exclusives, and lets multiplatform games take over for the second half. Given how most multiplatform games target the back third of a year anyway, it's a good strategy, it ensures that there's always great games coming out.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DrLostRib

@charizard1605 said:
@drlostrib said:
@charizard1605 said:

I mean, this isn't new, Sony usually stacks the first half of the game with their exclusives, and lets multiplatform games take over for the second half. Given how most multiplatform games target the back third of a year anyway, it's a good strategy, it ensures that there's always great games coming out.

But all the multiplats are just a bunch of rehashes. If sony would stop delaying all their games, we could have some actual good games in the later part of the year

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@drlostrib said:
@charizard1605 said:
@drlostrib said:
@charizard1605 said:

But all the multiplats are just a bunch of rehashes. If sony would stop delaying all their games, we could have some actual good games in the later part of the year

I mean, they did warn us early, greatness awaits and all that shebang.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

are we just counting 1st party offerings? Cause if not Danganronpa V3 is this month

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DrLostRib

@aigis said:

are we just counting 1st party offerings? Cause if not Danganronpa V3 is this month

that's a novel for the vita

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@drlostrib: its on ps4 too

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45100 Posts

What do you mean what is left? They had a lot of compelling exclusive games throughout the year. Next year is shaping up to be great as well.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DrLostRib

@aigis said:

@drlostrib: its on ps4 too

who reads books on their PS4?

Craziness

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DrLostRib

@SolidGame_basic said:

What do you mean what is left? They had a lot of compelling exclusive games throughout the year. Next year is shaping up to be great as well.

so what's left for the year?

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

They threw in the towel to the X1X. I think they even offered Japan in hopes that would appease Spencer.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DrLostRib

@getyeryayasout said:

I'm looking forward to Yakuza 6 and the HZD dlc expansion.

yakuza 6 is 2018

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

I still have to get around to Persona 5 and Gravity Rush 2. No worries here.

I'm still playing Nioh regularly and Tekken 7 of course. Those and PUBG on PC will probably delay my PS4 backlog even longer. PS4 has had a saturated year as far as I am concerned. Maybe I just don't have as much time to play all of the games I want.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Nice subtle diss thread, fanboy much?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Idk, DLCs? Still doesn't make the year bad for ps4.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DrLostRib

@vfighter said:

what's wrong with it?

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

Compared to who? Microsoft who literally had nothing until now? What a fanboy.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Nothing. Sony will just have to cower in fear of the X1X. They're gonna learn their place.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 pyro1245  Online
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Exclusives. That's why Sony is a fucking terrible company who hates consumers. Just like Nintendo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

I swear the same thing happens every year. Sony releases exclusives throughout the year (this year being especially awesome, btw), and then MS releases like one or two during the holidays (this year the X1X takes the place of exclusives) and fanboys start saying things like "So what does Sony have left, nothing? Yeah, nothing."

You'd think fanboys would get tired of saying the same thing over and over again. You'd think.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19568 Posts

@Syn_Valence: I guess he was comparing it to Nintendo, which still has a heap of upcoming 2017 titles for the Switch and 3DS.

But yes, different release strategiea and all that.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mazuiface

@reduc_ab_ said:

I swear the same thing happens every year. Sony releases exclusives throughout the year (this year being awesome, btw), and then MS releases like one or two during the holidays (this year the X1X takes the place of exclusives) and fanboys start saying things like "So what does Sony have left, nothing? Yeah, nothing."

You'd think fanboys would get tired of saying the same thing over and over again. You'd think.

Pretty sure you are missing the point of the thread - only by a hair though

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@vfighter said:

You're the one getting offended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@mazuiface said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

I swear the same thing happens every year. Sony releases exclusives throughout the year (this year being awesome, btw), and then MS releases like one or two during the holidays (this year the X1X takes the place of exclusives) and fanboys start saying things like "So what does Sony have left, nothing? Yeah, nothing."

That's funny. Missing a point that is the same point ad nauseam, year after year.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

The rest of my year is all multiplat on PS4 and I'm just fine with that. I'll be getting Battlefront 2 and maybe AC Origins.

If the Shenmue HD Collection rumor pans out (doubt it) then I'll be picking up that as well.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

I think Nintendo has the second part of the year on its pocket. Sony had the first like usual. Next year seems to be somehow similar?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DrLostRib

@reduc_ab_ said:

I swear the same thing happens every year. Sony releases exclusives throughout the year (this year being especially awesome, btw), and then MS releases like one or two during the holidays (this year the X1X takes the place of exclusives) and fanboys start saying things like "So what does Sony have left, nothing? Yeah, nothing."

well what do they have?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@drlostrib said:

Playstation had a few decent games released early in the year, but what worthwhile titles do they have left for the rest of the year? Or are Playstation gamers just stuck with multiplats and wishing for 4k?

3 months left so we change year , what PS4, a 4 years old console is left for the rest of the year ? Oh no, PS4 sucks or PS4 has no games ( lets go back to 2014 shall we? ) ? What of the two is it this time ?

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mazuiface

@reduc_ab_ said:
@mazuiface said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

That's funny. Missing a point that is the same point ad nauseam, year after year.

You can make a thread asking what MS has left this year if you want, but we all know the answer to that, which is why this thread is a little more fun.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DrLostRib

@AzatiS said:
@drlostrib said:

3 months left so we change year , what PS4, a 4 years old console is left for the rest of the year ? Oh no, PS4 sucks or PS4 has no games ( lets go back to 2014 shall we? ) ? What of the two is it this time ?

@drlostrib said:

what worthwhile titles do they have left for the rest of the year?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AzatiS

@drlostrib said:
@AzatiS said:
@drlostrib said:

@drlostrib said:

what worthwhile titles do they have left for the rest of the year?

Nothing , zero games to play . Sell it. Im buying yours for half price if you want.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@drlostrib said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

well what do they have?

Point not taken. What a surprise.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

This thread reeks of fnaboyism. Why does it matter what is coming out between now and Dec 31st? Jan, Feb, March 2018 doesn't matter? Sony is smart enough to know not to release big titles against big 3rd party titles, hence why they release games at the beginning of the year. I'm still trying to catch up on what was released earlier this year. FYI, the competition has Mario and... Well I guess that's it(which is a huge release). Oh and Forza 7, but that's underwhelming according to you, since Horizon 3 is and also GT Sport lol. What exactly are you looking for? Another Gears, Halo? Don't understand the point of analysing the next 3 months of first party game releases.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DrLostRib

@reduc_ab_ said:
@drlostrib said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

well what do they have?

Can't be that difficult a question to answer. Even Azatis got it

@AzatiS said:

Nothing , zero games to play . Sell it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@mazuiface said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@mazuiface said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

You can make a thread asking what MS has left this year if you want, but we all know the answer to that, which is why this thread is a little more fun.

I wouldn't do that.

Anyway. Trolling does not exist, at least not on this forum. There is only the illusion of trolling to cover up the fact of one's feelings toward what they purportedly do not care about.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AzatiS

@drlostrib said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@drlostrib said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

well what do they have?

@AzatiS said:

You wont sell it to me half priced though as i asked since it has no games.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DrLostRib

@AzatiS said:
@drlostrib said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@drlostrib said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

well what do they have?

@AzatiS said:

You wont sell it to me half priced though as i asked since it has no games.

no, i'm going to hold out hope some games get released

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DrLostRib

@reduc_ab_ said:
@mazuiface said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@mazuiface said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

I wouldn't do that.

Anyway. Trolling does not exist, at least not on this forum. There is only the illusion of trolling to cover up the fact of one's feelings toward what they purportedly do not care about.

Whatever makes you feel better about the lack of games for the rest of the year

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Exclusive or PlayStation family

• Gran Tursismo Sport
  • The Inpatient
  • Bravo Team
  • Knowledge is Power
  • Hidden Agenda
  • Horizon Zero Dawn The Frozen Wilds
  • Loco Roco 2 Remastered
  • Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash
  • Summon Night 6
  • Gundam Versus
  • Tokyo Zanadu eX+

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DrLostRib

@Nike_Air said:

• Gran Tursismo Sport
  • The Inpatient
  • Bravo Team
  • Knowledge is Power
  • Hidden Agenda
  • Loco Roco 2 Remastered
  • Sanran Kagura Peach Beach Splash
  • Summon Night 6
  • Gundam Versus
  • Tokyo Zanadu eX+

Not sure those qualify as "worthwhile"

But yay DLC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@drlostrib said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@drlostrib said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

well what do they have?

@AzatiS said:

Well here you go. Personally, the Sony exclusives (couple shared with PC) I'm looking forward to for the remainder of the year:

Skyrim PSVR

The Inpatient

GT Sport

Bravo Team

DOOM VFR

Megaton Rainfall

Plus forthcoming DLC content for RE7, which is not strictly exclusive, but is in a way because it is releasing exclusively in VR form on the PSVR.

So, there. There's more, too. That's just off the top of my head.

Oh, and, inb4 "VR doesn't matter". Oh, and also, inb4 "those games look like trash yada yada".

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

now i know why you undercover pony all year.

the wrath of the playstation fanboys and girls now too .....lol i remember it so well in the wii / 360 days.

good times

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

NPD and Worldwide sales

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@Nike_Air said:

• Gran Tursismo Sport
  • The Inpatient
  • Bravo Team
  • Knowledge is Power
  • Hidden Agenda
  • Loco Roco 2 Remastered
  • Sanran Kagura Peach Beach Splash
  • Summon Night 6
  • Gundam Versus
  • Tokyo Zanadu eX+

Not sure those qualify as "worthwhile"

But yay DLC

Anything that can be bought and enjoyed by people is worthwhile enough I suppose. Everyone has their own tastes.

For me , I still have all of these exclusives to play yet - Bloodborne (now playing) , Uncharted The Lost Legacy , Yakuza Kiwami , Nioh , Everybody's Golf , and Knack II. I'm playing the HZD DLC if it looks good and I'm getting Loco Roco 2 for sure. Im also considering The Wipeout Omega Collection (never played one before). And then there's all the multiplats too - Nex Machina , Helllblade , Hob , etc.

I'm in over my head. So many games.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DrLostRib

@reduc_ab_ said:
@drlostrib said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@drlostrib said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

well what do they have?

@AzatiS said:

Well here you go. Personally, the Sony exclusives (couple shared with PC) I'm looking forward to for the remainder of the year:

Skyrim PSVR

The Inpatient

GT Sport

Bravo Team

DOOM VFR

Megaton Rainfall

Plus forthcoming DLC content for RE7, which is not strictly exclusive, but is in a way because it is releasing exclusively in VR form on the PSVR.

So, there. There's more, too. That's just off the top of my head.

Oh, and, inb4 "VR doesn't matter". Oh, and also, inb4 "those games look like trash yada yada".

Id rather not get motion sickness over the holidays