Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

It surprised me just now when I was reminded XboxOne was released five years ago now! That’s just a year or two off a console generation so it feels like more consoles are nigh.

The problem is, I wasn’t tempted by this generation. I had high hopes for the WiiU but N’s contracts were too expensive and devs stayed away so the library still doesn’t merit buying one.

But I really dislike this focus on power. Yahtzee summed it up in his RDR2 review with ‘pointless decadance’ That defines contemporary game design for me.

Everyone is programmed to thirst for more power, probably a remnant if the 16bit generation which was always a step behind the arcades, which is no longer the case.

I don’t care about graphics. Splinter Cell on PS2 (with a slightly better video output) is all you need in my eyes. Games like Horixon Zero Dawn look the part but you can only look at a pretty scene once before it’s old news and then you’re left with gameplay. This aspect, as everyone keeps pointing out, has been seriously neglected.

Don’t blow your budget on graphics if you haven’t yet managed to make a game first. Pointless busy work in a AAA game is mind bogglingly pointless. I will direct you to Facebook games for that thrilling mechanic.

So modern game libraries look pretty samey to me. 16bit and 32bit games are being rereleased in hd usually pointlessly as now the edges are too sharp and resolution too high for the scenes as they were originally designed.

XB1 is £180 now which I was surprised by - that seems quite cheap! But all the consoles just put me off in principle. I hate the advertising - they are always snarling men are sneering boys being ultra aggressive or fake enthusiastic. I don’t associate with aspirational media invented alpha male man they use to advertise their wares.

I’m about fun. I want to sit down and start playing something. Not watching you’re boring cut scenes.

A console like WiiU is designed to try to mitigate the trap of just having a table of statistics to point at to draw customers in which will inevitably require hugely expensive AAA games to justify the power and investment. But how many PS4 games would run on a Wii, or GameCube or even Dreamcast? I’d say quite a bit over half.

So I want a console which has a new controller using my patent pending track ball controller design with just 6 buttons which honestly think is still too many.

It needs online shop, free online gaming (servers managed by publishers not hardware sellers).

A focus on experimentation and windows gaming like the DC tried to do. No mouse required-just a good control scheme.

Cheap contracts to encourage uptake with devs and publishers.

Cheap. £80. This could be cheaper but there is a human trait that shuns things if they’re too cheap so it would have to be artificially expensive to account for this despite the production cost being low.

Not chasing power but chasing mass audience. This will make game development for lower price point games with smaller to medium budgets more attractive to developers with a broader audience outside of RDR2 fans and encourage risk taking.

A pick up and play console with flash rom for no loading times and a return to cd format / 1gb gd-rom to stop people making games for dvd which must have content! Then load it into the hdd and shelve the cd.

Holding your hand through 10 hours of a cut scene and quick time event slog fest, requiring 10gigabytes of textures some of which you might see once is a waste of time.

Dial it back console makers and lighten up a bit. There’s more to games than chasing polygons per second.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

I pretty have all I want with the Switch. I wouldn’t mind it if it had the Xbone1x power and added on all PS4 exclusives but that’s silly talk lol. Main thing for a console with me is ease of use and focus on fun and games. The Switch really does that well and is constantly giving me a reason to play on it instead of on my pc.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jackamomo

@vaidream45: I like the Switch in concept. But the portability aspect is redundant for me.

I like it’s not a gigantic black square and posturing around trying to show off its RAM speed.

But it would never leave its holster so take out the screen and I wonder how cheap N could sell it for...?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15868 Posts

I just want another playstation handheld/portable console.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

60 fps and good online. So far no dice.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

60fps standard. Though i think thats asking too much. Its easier for devs to market a stunning looking game at 30fps over a worser looking version at 60fps.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Free multiplayer and cloud saves seriously can't believe these console companies get away with this shit I will never pay for it. It's not 1995 the internet isn't a luxury anymore it's pretty much a utility in life now. Also I want a gamepad with precise aiming like a mouse and of course 60 fps would be nice.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8 onesiphorus  Online
Member since 2014 • 5234 Posts

Handheld systems would be revolutionary if batteries are nuclear-powered so they can last for decades. Too bad that the material for nuclear power is extremely dangerous and radioactive to make it happen.

Can solar-powered or "green" energy power do a better job than traditional batteries?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@jackamomo said:

It surprised me just now when I was reminded XboxOne was released five years ago now! That’s just a year or two off a console generation so it feels like more consoles are nigh.

The problem is, I wasn’t tempted by this generation. I had high hopes for the WiiU but N’s contracts were too expensive and devs stayed away so the library still doesn’t merit buying one.

But I really dislike this focus on power. Yahtzee summed it up in his RDR2 review with ‘pointless decadance’ That defines contemporary game design for me.

Everyone is programmed to thirst for more power, probably a remnant if the 16bit generation which was always a step behind the arcades, which is no longer the case.

I don’t care about graphics. Splinter Cell on PS2 (with a slightly better video output) is all you need in my eyes. Games like Horixon Zero Dawn look the part but you can only look at a pretty scene once before it’s old news and then you’re left with gameplay. This aspect, as everyone keeps pointing out, has been seriously neglected.

Don’t blow your budget on graphics if you haven’t yet managed to make a game first. Pointless busy work in a AAA game is mind bogglingly pointless. I will direct you to Facebook games for that thrilling mechanic.

So modern game libraries look pretty samey to me. 16bit and 32bit games are being rereleased in hd usually pointlessly as now the edges are too sharp and resolution too high for the scenes as they were originally designed.

XB1 is £180 now which I was surprised by - that seems quite cheap! But all the consoles just put me off in principle. I hate the advertising - they are always snarling men are sneering boys being ultra aggressive or fake enthusiastic. I don’t associate with aspirational media invented alpha male man they use to advertise their wares.

I’m about fun. I want to sit down and start playing something. Not watching you’re boring cut scenes.

A console like WiiU is designed to try to mitigate the trap of just having a table of statistics to point at to draw customers in which will inevitably require hugely expensive AAA games to justify the power and investment. But how many PS4 games would run on a Wii, or GameCube or even Dreamcast? I’d say quite a bit over half.

So I want a console which has a new controller using my patent pending track ball controller design with just 6 buttons which honestly think is still too many.

It needs online shop, free online gaming (servers managed by publishers not hardware sellers).

A focus on experimentation and windows gaming like the DC tried to do. No mouse required-just a good control scheme.

Cheap contracts to encourage uptake with devs and publishers.

Cheap. £80. This could be cheaper but there is a human trait that shuns things if they’re too cheap so it would have to be artificially expensive to account for this despite the production cost being low.

Not chasing power but chasing mass audience. This will make game development for lower price point games with smaller to medium budgets more attractive to developers with a broader audience outside of RDR2 fans and encourage risk taking.

A pick up and play console with flash rom for no loading times and a return to cd format / 1gb gd-rom to stop people making games for dvd which must have content! Then load it into the hdd and shelve the cd.

Holding your hand through 10 hours of a cut scene and quick time event slog fest, requiring 10gigabytes of textures some of which you might see once is a waste of time.

Dial it back console makers and lighten up a bit. There’s more to games than chasing polygons per second.

This gen has been amazing. It sounds like you're stuck in the past.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jackamomo

@crimsonllama: the thing is. £180 before you’ve bought a game or paid online subscriptions is too expensive for me if I don’t want to play Horizon Zero Dawn or The Last of Us or any shiny brand new game. They just have no gameplay.

Yes there’s loads of good games. But they are not the AAA games so I’ve wasted my money really when all I want is a Wii.

Consoles are comparatively more expensive now than any other generation and it just reeks of profiteering.

There’s no art or craftsmanship in these games they all play and run pretty much the same in the end.

PS4 has over 1800 games butvif your not using its power you’ve wasted you’re money on the end.

This isn’t about what I want so much as how I think the industry can avoid eating itself or becoming too expensive and offering nothing for less wealthy individuals. Gaming these days is prohibitively expensive if you want the latest but 90% of games are only using a fraction of that potential power. You are just paying for bragging rights and nothing more.

Gaming has alienated itself and most people see it as pretty juvenile, which it is. Leaving the whole art form relegated to chasing the lowest common denominator and stifling creativity and the evolution of the medium... wow big sentence.

Why is Crash Badicoot being rereleased and topping the charts?! It’s kinda fun I suppose, which puts it pretty much at the top of the new releases list on terms of actually being fun even though it’s not really all that fun.

A game like Rocket League is kind of old now but remains a rare bird in gaming for being a none shooting multiplayer game with large following and no sign of slowing down.

I’m not saying Rocket League is genius game design it’s just the bravest attempt at a new genre for a while where console game design has stagnated quite badly.

Ps. Thanks for all the kind words like needy and stuck in the past and quoting 19 paragraphs of my opening post which is what four posts above? you don’t need to quote the opening post if your referring to the topic subject which is the opening post then just diss me. I know what I wrote it’s right at the top of the screen there.

That’s why I come here to gs for the lovely supportive and constructive debate. I know it’s coz I dissed RDR2 but like all gta games they are pretty shallow.

Just because I don’t like an entire generation of games it’s not an aside to you because you like some of them or the product you happen to own.

Try to be less sensitive people and maybe engage with the topic and stop bashing me just because I pretty much hate Nintendo. That’s s company, not you. I don’t know you and you don’t know me.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

I want more power. Native 4k and 60 fps. I don't need or want a portable console.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

The games.

Microsoft wasted their time trying to sell people a DVR that sometimes played sub HD games during a time when people were all ditching cable thus making the Bone's biggest selling point irrelevant.

Nintendo just went straight back to their OG roots and decided to sell their fanbase amiibos and labo kits instead of releasing new games on their drought ridden systems.

Sony on the other hand has given us nothing but games, so much so in fact that they confidently released a "Pro" machine that was "under-powered" compared to their competition because they knew the games would be all that mattered in consumer's eyes.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

$ 15/mo. or 200/year no contract, monthly sub that has access to all exclusives and 3rd party games of 1 platform. Digital.

Gamefly basically gives you the latter but has anywhere from 2-7 day delay of a new game but across a lot of platforms.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@jackamomo said:

@crimsonllama: the thing is. £180 before you’ve bought a game or paid online subscriptions is too expensive for me if I don’t want to play Horizon Zero Dawn or The Last of Us or any shiny brand new game. They just have no gameplay...

You sound like a dumbass...

You said you don't have these systems but then you claim AAA games like these have no gameplay? How TF would you know if you haven't played them?

This is why PC fanboys like your are ignorant noobs who don't know shit about gaming.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17779 Posts

i'm a bit old school when it comes to consoles. to me the perfect console is the gamecube in terms of its philosophy.

hardware thats developer friendly (but hard to master).

a controller thats a solid enhancement over its predecessor.

no bloat or BS. no day 1 patches. no os updates. no installs. everything just works. just put the disc/cart in the console and be at the title screen in 30 seconds.

overall just a singular focus on providing the best gaming experience possible at a given price point. thats what i want in a console.

pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pitty8982
Member since 2008 • 1072 Posts

I want less FPS, less movie games and more creative and fun video games; or even deep in the sense of capturing the player in the game world without necessarily seeking realism. I want a sharp distinction between reality and video games, but I understand that I'm also speaking out of nostalgia.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Good third party and first/second party support. Thats all I want and thats why the PS brand has been the most consistent brand of the main three manufacturers. I dont give a rats a** if the console isnt the most powerful or the most pretty, or has the most features, or whatever. All I want are the games

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@jackamomo: you need to stop just saying stuff, and then claiming your views are based on facts but everyone else's are wrong and based on girly emotions.

Case in point - talk about being governed by emotions over logic and reality: you're so mired in "the good old days" to the point that you are apparently unaware that games are being made and released this year that visually and mechanically are exactly what you love from the Genesis era, and run better to boot.

Also, you need to account for inflation when you look at prices... The genesis cost an equivalent of almost 400 2018USD at launch, and games have, generally speaking, become CHEAPER when you account for inflation.

Just play some games and have fun. If you're in love with sprite-based "pure fun" games, great. This generation definitely still has you covered

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@tgob89: he's not a PC fanboy. He's a console fanboy who hates modern consoles.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Good exclusives with good 3rd parties support.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Plug-n-play experience (no 50GB day-one "updates"), focus on "same room" multiplayer and focus on software over hardware (if I want graphics, I'll get an all-powerful PC).

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Xbox one x IMO is just about perfect, I don't need exclusives, there are plenty of 3rd party games to play.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 43990 Posts

I guess the only real request I have for the next gen consoles is for backwards compatibility. Other then that I’d be just fine with the typical power upgrades from the current systems. I’m fine with the standard controllers as well.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55898 Posts

@zaryia said:

60 fps and good Free online. So far no dice.

Fixed.

@tgob89 said:
@jackamomo said:

@crimsonllama: the thing is. £180 before you’ve bought a game or paid online subscriptions is too expensive for me if I don’t want to play Horizon Zero Dawn or The Last of Us or any shiny brand new game. They just have no gameplay...

You sound like a dumbass...

You said you don't have these systems but then you claim AAA games like these have no gameplay? How TF would you know if you haven't played them?

This is why PC fanboys like your are ignorant noobs who don't know shit about gaming.

That's because Jackamomo isn't a PC gamer nor he ever was. If you can't tell the difference, then I don't know what else to tell you.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 293

#26 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2931 Posts

World class blockbusters, Games with competitive multiplayer and preferably some sort of esports scene, pure power - preferably the most powerful console on the market, FPS shooter IP's that have a legacy that harken back to days where we played GoldenEye, Simcade racers with tons of customization and split-screen, state of the art arcade racers, backwards compatibility and a massive game library.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26641 Posts

I probably would have gotten a PS4 by now if I didn't have to pay for its mediocre online service.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@tgob89 said:

Yes the most hardcore gamer base doesn't know shit about gaming.

He's not a PC gamer by the way, Sherlock.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#30 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

A game would be most appropriate.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@crimsonllama said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

I probably would have gotten a PS4 by now if I didn't have to pay for its mediocre online service.

it's $60 a year, which is $6 a month, unless you get it on sale, like it almost always is this time of year. And it works just fine. Give it a rest. You probably pay more than $40 a month for your damn phone.

I don't. My Galaxy S5 was 140 dollars. I don't care about phones. Online play should be free, unless it's a subscription game. We should be able to access all the content of the 60 dollar game without paying additional fees. Sony didn't work on the online component of something like Battlefield 1. They don't deserve to get paid for that. EA runs the servers. I refuse to buy the subscription. Especially since I'm not one of these people addicted to online gaming. I don't need a full month of it. I should be able to get on when I please. It's a ripoff. At least people buying expensive phones pay for multiple features that they use day to day. The big three are ripping people off.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
@crimsonllama said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

it's $60 a year, which is $6 a month, unless you get it on sale, like it almost always is this time of year. And it works just fine. Give it a rest. You probably pay more than $40 a month for your damn phone.

@zaryia said:
@tgob89 said:

Yes the most hardcore gamer base doesn't know shit about gaming.

He's not a PC gamer by the way, Sherlock.

while you're technically right, "hardcore" is code for unfun asshats who don't seem to get that games are meant to be entertainment. So, yeah, they don't know shit about gaming. That goes for anyone, not just pc players. The type of person who doesn't see irony in the term "casuals".

My phone isn't charging me twice. I pay for the service once, and that's it. With console online subscriptions, I have to not only pay for my internet, but the subscription on top of it. Which, if combined together, bumps my internet bill to over 80 dollars a month.

A phone I can use anywhere, and the fee covers both phone calls/texts and internet access. Also, I actually need a phone, unlike a crappy game service subscription. I'd forgo the phone If I could, but in today's world, it's basically impossible, and I don't have a house phone, so I literally need it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaVillain  Moderator

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@crimsonllama said:

while you're technically right, "hardcore" is code for unfun asshats who don't seem to get that games are meant to be entertainment. So, yeah, they don't know shit about gaming. That goes for anyone, not just pc players. The type of person who doesn't see irony in the term "casuals".

My phone isn't charging me twice. I pay for the service once, and that's it. With console online subscriptions, I have to not only pay for my internet, but the subscription on top of it. Which, if combined together, bumps my internet bill to over 80 dollars a month.

A phone I can use anywhere, and the fee covers both phone calls/texts and internet access. Also, I actually need a phone, unlike a crappy game service subscription. I'd forgo the phone If I could, but in today's world, it's basically impossible, and I don't have a house phone, so I literally need it.

Back in my days, my parents use pagers & a phone booth should they ever get a phone call at their jobs or anything else. Even house phones were used all the time before cellphones change everything for better or worse. As far as phone goes, I only upgrade my phone every 3 years unlike some folks who do it whenever a new model get's announce, so yeah, it's impossible to ever go back using pagers in this era lol.

As for PS4 itself, do what I do, don't buy PS+ unless you really want to play online with friends but above all, it's PS4-exclusive games only & PC-everything else. The way it should be for this gen. (Or you could get a Switch but I do recall you still have a Wii U right)

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DragonfireXZ95
@davillain- said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@crimsonllama said:

Back in my days, my parents use pagers & a phone booth should they ever get a phone call at their jobs or anything else. Even house phones were used all the time before cellphones change everything for better or worse. As far as phone goes, I only upgrade my phone every 3 years unlike some folks who do it whenever a new model get's announce, so yeah, it's impossible to ever go back using pagers in this era lol.

As for PS4 itself, do what I do, don't buy PS+ unless you really want to play online with friends but above all, it's PS4-exclusive games only & PC-everything else. The way it should be for this gen. (Or you could get a Switch but I do recall you still have a Wii U right)

You have a good memory. I do have a Wii U. Lol

I may still pick up a PS4 at some point, now that I'm done upgrading my rig, but it will be dirt cheap, and hopefully the games are dirt cheap at that point, too. If I had a bunch of extra money lying around, I'd get a Samsung QLED or LG OLED and a PS4Pro, but alas, that's not the case.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

less focus on technological prowess and more focus on games.

less dick-measuring, more focus on "doing their own thing".

I'd also like open development, but that's less of a console problem and more of a corporate (MS, Sony, Nintendo, etc) problem.

@crimsonllama said:

@DragonfireXZ95: I find it funny that seemingly all the pc players here whine about a $6 a month service, and then have a full-out gaming rig that cost them $900+, and most seem to have a console anyway. My point with the phone thing is that you pay a monthly fee for the service, right? I bet it's a lot more than $6 a month. I still use an S4. The other point is: what am I getting for that $6? People have talked about the servers not being run by Sony/MC whoever, whatever. That I can't say, I don't know the logistics behind any of that. What I do know, is that I get a bunch of extra sales, and any psn sale usually takes a couple extra bucks off if you sub, then I get a couple free games a month, sometimes good, sometimes crappy, and then I get free cloud saves, which is nice I guess. That might be free on Steam, I don't know. Point being, if I'm getting ripped off on that for, again, $6 a month, then:

I think it's less of PC players whining about the monthly fee and more about the hypocrisy of gamers at times. PC gamers generally get criticized for MMO subscriptions and expensive equipment, while at the same time console gamers are out there shoveling loads of cash for a giant 4K TV (to go with their console) and paying monthly fees for services. PC gamers then criticize console gamers, and around and around it goes.

In the end it's bullshit, do what you like.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DragonfireXZ95
@crimsonllama said:

@DragonfireXZ95: I find it funny that seemingly all the pc players here whine about a $6 a month service, and then have a full-out gaming rig that cost them $900+, and most seem to have a console anyway. My point with the phone thing is that you pay a monthly fee for the service, right? I bet it's a lot more than $6 a month. I still use an S4. The other point is: what am I getting for that $6? People have talked about the servers not being run by Sony/MC whoever, whatever. That I can't say, I don't know the logistics behind any of that. What I do know, is that I get a bunch of extra sales, and any psn sale usually takes a couple extra bucks off if you sub, then I get a couple free games a month, sometimes good, sometimes crappy, and then I get free cloud saves, which is nice I guess. That might be free on Steam, I don't know. Point being, if I'm getting ripped off on that for, again, $6 a month, then:

Allow me to correct a major point here: "then I get a couple free games a month, sometimes good, sometimes crappy"

No, you rent those games, and as soon as you stop paying, you lose access to them. It's basically a rental service where you can't choose the games. No thanks.

Also, my computer hardware is tangible, much like the actual console hardware. I can re-sell it for quite a bit of money even after a couple years of use. I sold my 4770k and Titan X for 1000 bucks, when it was probably a total of 1700 when I bought it, and I put that toward new equipment.

A glorified rental service I get nothing back from. I put money into it, and it never comes back. It's basically like renting an apartment, which is also a huge waste of money in today's US economy(not saying the same for other countries as I have no idea).

Cloud saves are free on Steam, btw; just like everything else.

You're also glossing over the actual problem here. It may be only 6 dollars a month, but after 5 years of the console's lifespan, you know how much money you have now spent on a service that didn't give you anything to keep after it's over? 300 bucks. Your 500 dollar console is now an 800 dollar console; almost as much as a pretty decent PC. Yeah...

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Windows 10. Fully upgradeable parts.....oh wait.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Pointless waffle

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

I want them stripped back......... no apps, no net flix, no trophies, no screenshots, no video broadcasting.....

Just barebones functionality.

PS4's OS is 3Gb and Xbone's is 3.5Gb as well as using CPU cores..... Strip them all back and give developers their RAM and CPU cores back!

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jackamomo

@crimsonllama: you can’t accuse me of living in the past when games are being released on PS4 that would run on a spectrum.

Also, £180 was the SMD price on release, not after 5 years.

PS. I game in anything it makes no difference. I only own a Dreamcast, PC and MacBook Pro but the pc is not put together right now.

I moved to pc from SMD (Sega Mega Drive).

EDIT: sorry, you called me needy like you all don’t whinge about every little thing.

@xantufrog: Said I was living in the past. But I would debate that games I want are on current gen consoles.

They are all stuck in the PS2 era and thousands of Indy games are not an indication of quality. I hate them. They are pretentious self congratulatory and very poorly designed games on the whole to cash in on nostalgia.

I want new game ideas. That’s why I’m pissed off. I think of loads and I know that’s sound a bit big headed but sometimes I’m pretty sure my ideas are better than my spelling.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cainetao11

@davillain- said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@crimsonllama said:

LMFAO!!!

Your parents used pagers?!!! Mine used babysitters that had permission to beat my ass. LOL Get over it KIDS. I drank $60 in 30 minutes with a few friends at Rory Dolan's in The Bx, NY. I aint sweating it for 12 months with friends now. I know, its teh bad to you kids but GTFO of here. You don't know shit about life struggles. Capitalism is by no means perfect and this is the cost. Cry about it.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DragonfireXZ95
@crimsonllama said:

@DragonfireXZ95: no, you missed the entire point. My console wasn't anywhere near $500, btw, so stop it. If you can't see the point, you're just blind or lying at this point. Your rig was $1700 fucking dollars. I just threw out $900, so my point is that much clearer. My console was $300. You are whining about about something that cost $6 a month and completely ignored the most important part (IE the PS+ discounts). If you're happy with your $1700 calculator, that's cool, but don't act like I'm the one whose getting shafted price wise. It's not even a contest.

BTW, wtf is this not getting to keep stuff equals no value crap? Do you eat? Do you stream music or listen to the radio? Do you watch live tv?

No, I don't watch live TV. I only buy select music, and I don't pay for music services. The only thing I pay for is Netflix, but only because it has a lot of foreign movies I can't find easily online.

The point wasn't your 500 dollar console; you're the one missing my point. I get nothing tangible from paying for PS+. That's my point. The only thing I'd ever get a PS4 for is the exclusives, and that's barely a handful. The sales wouldn't even come in handy to me. And guess what, if I do get one, I won't be paying for online. Why do you care that I say it's a waste of money? It is a waste of money to me.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DragonfireXZ95
@cainetao11 said:
@davillain- said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@crimsonllama said:

LMFAO!!!

Your parents used pagers?!!! Mine used babysitters that had permission to beat my ass. LOL Get over it KIDS. I drank $60 in 30 minutes with a few friends at Rory Dolan's in The Bx, NY. I aint sweating it for 12 months with friends now. I know, its teh bad to you kids but GTFO of here. You don't know shit about life struggles. Capitalism is by no means perfect and this is the cost. Cry about it.

I have no idea if caine is trying to be ironic, or just being a prick. Lol

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
@cainetao11 said:

LMFAO!!!

LOL yeah totally. Sometimes, old habits die hard ya'know. I'm getting old. When 2000 came, everyone change forever!!!

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

cainetao11 errr Joker is just playing along :P

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 cainetao11

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@davillain- said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@crimsonllama said:

LMFAO!!!

Having fun...………...but also being truthful. Its pointless to complain. People here complain about COD being copy/paste every year but it sells a ton every year. WE, do not represent the consumer market. And as much as many would like to derive a sense of superiority from that, it truly doesn't exist. Its all Bullshit.

Loading Video...

Superiority is one of the great illusions in some opinions. Give it a listen.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

All I want is more power.