What do you want from the next Splinter Cell game?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

The first 3 Splinter Cell games are great, with Chaos Theory being a masterpiece, probably Ubisofts best game. Ubisoft being Ubisoft though, they milked the shit out of it. The series has been diluted with typically vapid attempts at sexing it up.

Though not perfect, Blacklist was somewhat back to form. - emphasis on not perfect

-

I'm expecting shit from the next game, Ubisoft to make a god awful open world game with repetitive copy-pasted design, and a bunch of grind walls. A massive urination over the core of the game, reinvented for the moderngamer.

But, hypothetically, if the game can turn out good, what do you want from the franchise, how can it evolve in a positive meaningful way etc...?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

I'd like it to be like where you spend ages sneaking around in the dark and then the moment you are spotted it's game over and you have to try again and again and again.

Loved that!

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear... wait, wrong game!

Basically if they can come up with some ways to enhance the stealth experience, that would be cool. Better enemy AI, new sneak mechanics, useful gadgets, a coherent story etc. Pretty much just get back to the roots of what Splinter Cell fun in the first place.

Call me crazy, but I'd love to see them come out with another 2D Splinter Cell game along the lines of Mark of the Ninja. Used to play Pandora Tomorrow mobile version all the time on my old phone.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

I want no microtransactions.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#6 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I got more playtime out of Conviction than any other title in the series. I wouldn't mind more of that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

All I want is another Chaos Theory like stealth game.

@mandzilla said:

metal gear was surpassed long ago by original splinter cell trilogy..

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

-

I'm expecting shit from the next game, Ubisoft to make a god awful open world game with repetitive copy-pasted design, and a bunch of grind walls. A massive urination over the core of the game, reinvented for the moderngamer.

But, hypothetically, if the game can turn out good, what do you want from the franchise, how can it evolve in a positive meaningful way etc...?

5 bucks say ubisoft will add a female character as selection and advertise it as fully.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

-

5 bucks say ubisoft will add a female character as selection and advertise it as fully.

Michael Ironside is almost dead irl and Sam Fishy daughter still lives.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

-

Michael Ironside is almost dead irl and Sam Fishy daughter still lives.

open world game playing as sam fisher daughter doing john wick style of mark and execute. im pretty sure this is where series will head. thats why ubisoft skipping the announcement every year so prevent from backlash by hardcore SC fans and I (ie me) is one of them.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

All I want from the next Splinter Cell is for it to actually BE Splinter Cell.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Maybe in stealth mechanics, but not in nanomachines❗

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 uninspiredcup

@mandzilla said:

Basically if they can come up with some ways to enhance the stealth experience, that would be cool. Better enemy AI, new sneak mechanics, useful gadgets, a coherent story etc. Pretty much just get back to the roots of what Splinter Cell fun in the first place.

Call me crazy, but I'd love to see them come out with another 2D Splinter Cell game along the lines of Mark of the Ninja. Used to play Pandora Tomorrow mobile version all the time on my old phone.

I'd like to see better story-telling. Metal Gear Solid isn't exactly high art writing, but it's memorable. I honestly can't remember anyone in the Splinter Cell games. And when it tried to be dramatic with Conviction it came across as cringey.

Loading Video...

I certaintly hope they keep the tight levels as a mini-sandbox with multiple routes.

The grinding in Blacklist was annoying, I don't give a shit about "XP", and would rather just have tactical options, than a bunch of pointless peanut throwing to keep monkey engaged, and help get Ubisofts microtransactions out.

Gameplay wise though, Blacklist was pretty decent. Although I did miss hiding bodies. The out-place linear sections I wish they would stop.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

A return to original standards. Focused level design, stealth as a rewarding challenge, overt combat as a penalty, and sound/light bar.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@mandzilla said:

I'd like to see better story-telling. Metal Gear Solid isn't exactly high art writing, but it's memorable. I honestly can't remember anyone in the Splinter Cell games. And when it tried to be dramatic with Conviction it came across as cringey.

Imo the best villain in Splinter Cell games was the president of Georgia in Splinter Cell 1.(Nikoladzi was his name. not sure about the typing though)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 uninspiredcup

@dorog1995 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@mandzilla said:

Imo the best villain in Splinter Cell games was the president of Georgia in Splinter Cell 1.(Nikoladzi was his name. not sure about the typing though)

Can't remember him. But then, it has been like, almost 20 years.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@mandzilla said:

Loading Video...

I certaintly hope they keep the tight levels as a mini-sandbox with multiple routes.

The grinding in Blacklist was annoying, I don't give a shit about "XP", and would rather just have tactical options, than a bunch of pointless peanut throwing to keep monkey engaged, and help get Ubisofts microtransactions out.

Gameplay wise though, Blacklist was pretty decent. Although I did miss hiding bodies. The out-place linear sections I wish they would stop.

Chaos theory was incredibly memorable. i still remember lot of things about it. the displace international, the Seoul, the bank mission etc.

however conviction despite being terrible game show best potrayal of sam fisher. blacklist sam fisher absolutely suck and thus its by far worst in series. even worse than conviction.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

The ability to waterboard Jeff Sessions with bong water and a pee tapes mission.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@mandzilla said:

Loading Video...

Chaos theory was incredibly memorable. i still remember lot of things about it. the displace international, the Seoul, the bank mission etc.

however conviction despite being terrible game show best potrayal of sam fisher. blacklist sam fisher absolutely suck and thus its by far worst in series. even worse than conviction.

Blacklist story.characters rubbish for sure. Although I did like the red headed waifu.

O=O

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup:

Loading Video...

This original version of splinter cell conviction was also better than what we got from conviction and blacklist.

they scrap it because it was too similar to assassins creed.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:

@uninspiredcup:

Loading Video...

This original version of splinter cell conviction was also better than what we got from conviction and blacklist.

This looks worse.

Splinter Cell is a game where you're in the shadows with high tech, not a hobo with angst walking in the open.

Conviction could have been good if it wasn't so simplified. Mid point the game just feels like a generic TPS than SC.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

@uninspiredcup:

Loading Video...

This looks worse.

Splinter Cell is a game where you're in the shadows with high tech, not a hobo with angst walking in the open.

Conviction could have been good if it wasn't so simplified. Mid point the game just feels like a generic TPS than SC.

conviction and blacklist are linear games with invisible walls. this 2007 version was hide in crowd and was more of open world.

I was disappointed by 2007 reveal when they reveal it. then they scrap it and i was happy. then they announced new version of conviction that is action game and i wish atleast we should have gotten 2007s conviction..

however i can see if new splinter cell going open world. there will be 2007 version build inspiration too.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

@uninspiredcup:

Loading Video...

This looks worse.

conviction and blacklist are linear games with invisible walls. this 2007 versioE

I was disappointed by 2007 reveal when they reveal it. then they scrap it and i was happy. then they announced new version of conviction that is action game and i wish atleast we should have gotten 2007s conviction..

however i can see if new splinter cell going open world. there will be 2007 version build inspiration too.

The majority are linear. As long as they provide multiple methods to approach an objective with interesting design, not much of an issue, Chaos Theory is the best in that regard.

And yea, I think most people are expecting Ubisoft to take a massive dump on the series. Ghost Recon: Wildlands was so far from the well, so derivative and interchangeable in design the franchise would be better off dead. 400 kilometres of mediocrity.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts

splinter cell is dead to me. blacklist was the final nail in the coffin. and there's no going back to the good ol' days.

back around the time of chaos theory ubisoft had small studios with colocated teams. i think the guy who was the creative director of chaos theory was also the level designer and story writer. he spent like 80hrs+ per week on the game's development from start to finish and supposedly went a bit nuts from working so much but that's not the point. the point is back then their games were somebody's vision. a labour of love. now they're designed by committee and churned out from a template on a giant production line from several huge siloed studios spread across continents running 24/7.

all future ubisoft games are doomed. doomed i tells yer!

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

i want SC games to be just like the original 3..great

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

I want Splinter Cell to be able to Crawl like Snake.

How can you have a stealth game without crawling?