What do you want and expect of Zelda U?

  • 79 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for 93BlackHawk93
#1 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (8442 posts) -

I personally want a bigger open world than TP with realistic yet colorful graphics, items customization like in SS, more than one big town, maybe some sailing and VA a la Okami in Hylian language (except Link).

Avatar image for Maddie_Larkin
#2 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (7431 posts) -

Hmm. You know, I am not entirely sure, I suppose Ive always been chasing the feeling I had when playing the first LoZ, but I doubt they will ever be able to make such a thing.

I want some Graphics that are not so far off the concept trailer they put together way back, can't remember if that was for Wii or Wii U, as I have to admit that I don't pay too much attention to games not confirmed.

I suppose I would like a decent overworld, with atleast 1 fairly decent sized hub in the middle, and perhaps some smaller settlements dotted about.

I would not mind upgradable weapons of sorts, and I would like a changing pace from time to time, I do not want it all to be dark and grim, nor do I want a happy go Lucky game constnatly.

What I do want, is secrets! lots of them, and puzzles. I would like to see Nintendo either figure out a really good way to use the pad, or forego it completely in favor of the pro controller, not some halfarsed implementation.

Basicly I just want them to do the best they can.

Avatar image for GreySeal9
#3 Edited by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

I have loved every Zelda game I've played, but there are two major things I'd like Nintendo to do:

+Take Skyward Sword's combat even further. SS's swordplay was progressive for the franchise, so don't go backwards. Keep it engaging instead of merely functional.

+Get rid of the padding. Skyward Sword's dungeons were amazing, but a bit of that padding towards the end was kind of awful (I'm thinking of that part where you have to collect musical notes underwater, ewww).

Avatar image for Gue1
#4 Edited by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

I'm expecting this:

But we all know that Nintendo will disappoint because these days they only make games for children. They don't even care about the edgy teenagers anymore let alone about their adult fans. Which ironically, they are the ones buying this bad excuse of a console while children are flocking to Xbox for their Call of Duty dose.

But anyway, I want a darker Zelda like OOT but without silly looking pokemon companions like Midna getting in the way or the tired old light/dark world settings. And Link should make Zelda his woman for once because they always leave it to the imagination. Nintendo could learn a thing or two from the old provocative Disney movies when it comes to this kind of interaction.

Avatar image for GreySeal9
#5 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

I'm expecting this:

But we all know that Nintendo will disappoint because these days they only make games for children. They don't even care about the edgy teenagers anymore let alone about their adult fans. Which ironically, they are the ones buying this bad excuse of a console while children are flocking to Xbox for some reason. They only care about Call of Duty.

A wild tard has appeared!

Avatar image for 93BlackHawk93
#6 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (8442 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

I'm expecting this:

But we all know that Nintendo will disappoint because these days they only make games for children. They don't even care about the edgy teenagers anymore let alone about their adult fans. Which ironically, they are the ones buying this bad excuse of a console while children are flocking to Xbox for some reason. They only care about Call of Duty.

What games for children? You mean Mario, Zelda and Pokemon? They're for everyone dumbass. A children could not understand the depth of Pokemon.

Avatar image for sailor232
#7 Posted by sailor232 (6759 posts) -

@GreySeal9 said:

@Gue1 said:

I'm expecting this:

But we all know that Nintendo will disappoint because these days they only make games for children. They don't even care about the edgy teenagers anymore let alone about their adult fans. Which ironically, they are the ones buying this bad excuse of a console while children are flocking to Xbox for some reason. They only care about Call of Duty.

A wild tard has appeared!

yes make the game look exactly like this,amazing scale.

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#8 Posted by darkspineslayer (22396 posts) -

I'm just hoping the game doesn't have some shit gimmick like a wolf, shit world and padding up the wazoo like SS, and combat that doesn't suck like any Zelda that isn't Wind Waker.

Avatar image for 93BlackHawk93
#9 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (8442 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

I'm just hoping the game doesn't have some shit gimmick like a wolf, shit world and padding up the wazoo like SS, and combat that doesn't suck like any Zelda that isn't Wind Waker.

You don't want a combat that doesn't suck?

Avatar image for nini200
#10 Edited by nini200 (11484 posts) -

I'm expecting Link to be playable

Avatar image for 93BlackHawk93
#11 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (8442 posts) -

@nini200 said:

I'm expecting Link to be playable

You're no fun. :/

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#12 Posted by darkspineslayer (22396 posts) -

@nini200: I dunno, they usually use that Zelda guy with the green hat /terriblejoke

@93BlackHawk93: poor wording, I do want good combat.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
#13 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (9116 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

I personally want a bigger open world than TP with realistic yet colorful graphics, items customization like in SS, more than one big town, maybe some sailing and VA a la Okami in Hylian language (except Link).

That nails a lot of what I want, actually. One thing I'd REALLY like to see is non-linear dungeon progression with multiple ways of finishing a dungeon depending on the items you have acquired in other dungeons(or no items at all, if you're just starting out).

Avatar image for bbkkristian
#14 Posted by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -

What I want:

Graphics: Fine with either art style or realistic

Sound: still waiting for Koji Kondo to team up with Nobuo Uematsu

-Epona, she must return.

-Twilight Princess combat

-8 dungeons

-Meaningful sidequests

-night/day cycle

-musical instrument

-pictobox, I want to take selfies like WWR

-Zoras must return, with an awesome domain to enjoy

-time travel return?

-huge overworld, give Xenoblade a run for its money.

-fake open world: vast amount of land to explore, but in reality you have one place to go

-lots of secrets

-fairy fountains

-magic meter

-elemental arrows

Did I miss anything?

Avatar image for Renegade_Fury
#15 Posted by Renegade_Fury (19677 posts) -

As long as it's nothing like wind waker, I'm good.

Avatar image for mems_1224
#16 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

Cut the tutorial bullshit every time I pick up a rupee. I dont need an unskippable message for every little thing I do. Or at least make it an option I can turn off.

Avatar image for ChubbyGuy40
#17 Edited by ChubbyGuy40 (26428 posts) -

Twilight Princess 2.0, obviously with a different name and slightly lighter atmosphere/tone. More side quests and NPC interaction, improved combat, and bigger world. That's what I'm expecting. The game will look like the tech demo but better, and hopefully it'll have some damn AA.

Avatar image for GreySeal9
#18 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Cut the tutorial bullshit every time I pick up a rupee. I dont need an unskippable message for every little thing I do. Or at least make it an option I can turn off.

Good point.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#19 Edited by lamprey263 (34502 posts) -

I WANT a graphically impressive leap for the Zelda series, and a great enhancement to the artistic quality of the production.

What I EXPECT at the very least is for them to stick to some formulaic tradition to the adventure structure.

Avatar image for senses_fail_06
#20 Posted by senses_fail_06 (7096 posts) -

I want: Something that is functional (so not Skyward Sword), fun (so not Wind Waker) and fresh (so not Twilight Princess).

I expect: More than one of the above to be completely botched.

@93BlackHawk93 said:

What games for children? You mean Mario, Zelda and Pokemon? They're for everyone dumbass. A children could not understand the depth of Pokemon.

I lol'd.

Avatar image for 93BlackHawk93
#21 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (8442 posts) -

@senses_fail_06 said:

I want: Something that is functional (so not Skyward Sword), fun (so not Wind Waker) and fresh (so not Twilight Princess).

I expect: More than one of the above to be completely botched.

@93BlackHawk93 said:

What games for children? You mean Mario, Zelda and Pokemon? They're for everyone dumbass. A children could not understand the depth of Pokemon.

I lol'd.

How is SS not functional? The controls were fine. Everyone plays the game wrong as I see.

And why did you lol at me? >:(

Avatar image for GreySeal9
#22 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

I want: Something that is functional (so not Skyward Sword), fun (so not Wind Waker) and fresh (so not Twilight Princess).

I expect: More than one of the above to be completely botched.

@93BlackHawk93 said:

What games for children? You mean Mario, Zelda and Pokemon? They're for everyone dumbass. A children could not understand the depth of Pokemon.

I lol'd.

How is SS not functional? The controls were fine. Everyone plays the game wrong as I see.

And why did you lol at me? >:(

sense_fail_06 is an idiot. Ignore him.

Avatar image for anybodykilla15
#23 Posted by anybodykilla15 (114 posts) -

as long as you don't have to run around the over world,

I think that can be a deal breaker for new comers,

ocarina and majora is terrible for that......

not to say take it out completely, but damn it was a long walk on the N64,

don't make it worse than that

Avatar image for wiifan001
#24 Posted by wiifan001 (18653 posts) -

Not so much with I do want opposed to want I DON'T want: Keep boring fetch quests nonexistent or at a minimum, and don't let tutorials drag, otherwise it could once again be the cause a very slow beginning.

Avatar image for GreySeal9
#25 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

@wiifan001 said:

Not so much with I do want opposed to want I DON'T want: Keep boring fetch quests nonexistent or at a minimum, and don't let tutorials drag, otherwise it could once again be the cause a very slow beginning.

For real. The games are long enough without that shit. There's no need for it.

Avatar image for Maroxad
#26 Edited by Maroxad (14579 posts) -

What I want: A game that doesnt hold one's hand like what ALBW did. Strong emphasis on side quests, strong atmosphere in dungeons, Zelda 2 difficulty.

What I do not want: Edgy garbage, RPG elements, quantity over quality, a non-minimalistic story

What I expect: Something I did not expect.

Avatar image for GreySeal9
#27 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

@Maroxad said:

What I want: A game that doesnt hold one's hand like what ALBW did. Strong emphasis on side quests, strong atmosphere in dungeons, Zelda 2 difficulty.

What I do not want: Edgy garbage, RPG elements, quantity over quality, a non-minimalistic story.

Wut?

Avatar image for Maroxad
#28 Posted by Maroxad (14579 posts) -

@GreySeal9: I dont want Zelda to be yet another "too edgy for you" title. In fact, I am sick of and tired of games trying too hard to be dark and "mature" only to end up falling flat on their face so that only a 13 year old would consider said product mature.

Avatar image for locopatho
#29 Posted by locopatho (23133 posts) -

Big open world, less handholding/tutorials (just put in an option to turn them off!), more sidequests and content, and the freedom of Link Between Worlds, go anywhere and do anything. If they have all of that I will personally lead the Zelda nerd jacking off party ;)

Avatar image for GreySeal9
#30 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

@Maroxad said:

@GreySeal9: I dont want Zelda to be yet another "too edgy for you" title. In fact, I am sick of and tired of games trying too hard to be dark and "mature" only to end up falling flat on their face so that only a 13 year old would consider said product mature.

It's very very unlikely that Zelda is ever going to be a "too edgy for you" title.

Avatar image for Maroxad
#31 Posted by Maroxad (14579 posts) -

@GreySeal9: I am pretty sure it wont happen either. But I always like to assume the worst in any scenario, call me a pessimist if you will. I dont expect to see RPG elements like levelling up either, but I jotted that down too ;)

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#32 Posted by MirkoS77 (12676 posts) -

What do I want? It doesn't matter because my wants+Nintendo these days 99% of the time=incredible disappointment.

What do I expect? A game that looks very similar to SS, is more than likely filled with hand-holding and inefficiency of gameplay as all the past have been, and will be the same formula we've had for over two decades with the obligatory addition that will have Nintendo fans ranting that it makes it a WHOLE new game.

Basically, I hold pretty much no hope for anything really noteworthy when it's released in 2017, yet could be mistaken for a game of 2010, if Nintendo's standards are anything to go by.

Avatar image for blaaksheep
#33 Edited by blaaksheep (135 posts) -

I want a Dark as hell zelda game something obviously aimed at mature audience & lots of hard dungeons. Bring back time travel

Avatar image for 1oh1nine1
#34 Edited by 1oh1nine1 (779 posts) -

The game should be charming, but not too charming. I don't want it to be uber-dark, or try to be, that just doesn't work for Zelda. MM was the perfect amount of darkness. Graphical style should be not-SS.

I want a new Link. As in, a new character design. I am so over TP/SS/wannabe-OOT-adult-Link. Like seriously, for SS, it's like they just took TP Link, changed his pants, and called it a day. Give us a new Link.

If it must have Ganon, then he should be introduced/revealed in a creative new way, or have a creative new role in the game. Not haha-it-was-me-all-along-not-zant-haha Ganondorf.

The overworld should be fun to explore, and have plenty of nooks, crannies, and secrets to uncover. It should not be huge for the sake of being huge like the cavernous barren TP Hyrule. Also, there should be an overworld (looking at you SS).

Let's ditch the helper character, shall we? Unless it's secretly Ganondorf, that'd be a neat twist.

There should not be a super long and boring tutorial section. There should not be a tutorial section. Drop us into the action like ALTTP. The game needs to hook us from the start.

I do not want a dark/future/twilight parallel world-switching mechanic. It is sooooooooo played out in this series (and has crept into others), and needs to die.

Some choice of dungeon order would be nice.

Tingle.

I want a good use of the gamepad, so no motion sword thank you very much.

I don't want cutscenes. I do want skippable or speed-through-able dialogue.

I expect to be disappointed.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#35 Posted by freedomfreak (49890 posts) -

Just make sure I can take Link selfies.

Avatar image for starwolf474
#36 Edited by starwolf474 (983 posts) -

I want it to have realistic graphics and a dark atmosphere. I can enjoy cartoony graphics and light-heartedness for games like Mario, but for an adventure game like Zelda, I like it to be dark.

They also need to not fill it with padding just to make it longer. I will take a 25 hour Zelda game like Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask over a 45 hour Zelda game that is filled with padding like Skyward Sword.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
#37 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (10541 posts) -

It just needs ALL of the following:

  1. completely non-linear with no items, plot, or antagonists
  2. Link to be finally voice acted and by none other than Iwata himself
  3. the ability to convert real world dollars into Hyrulian Rupees
  4. should be backwards compatible with all previous Zeldas
  5. online leaderboards
  6. director's audio commentary track
  7. free pie
Avatar image for princessgomez92
#38 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (5076 posts) -

A masterpiece, and I know Nintendo will deliver.

Avatar image for Shinobishyguy
#39 Edited by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -

@MirkoS77: if a link between worlds is any indication it probably won't have all those handholding tutorials

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
#40 Edited by deactivated-57d8401f17c55 (7221 posts) -

I'm keeping my expectations in check, after Skyward Sword. Ugh, that game...

But I want a game in the vein of Twilight Princess with a bit more color, but with a new formula, which they seem to be doing that.

The partner better not be annoying, Midna was by far the best so far.

I wouldn't mind them ditching Ganondorf, honestly.

Avatar image for babycakin
#41 Posted by babycakin (1597 posts) -

I just wish to be blown away with this next one, like a real must have game. They can introduce new elements, rehash old ones but make the game feel unique and fresh and I'm all in!

Avatar image for osan0
#42 Edited by osan0 (14951 posts) -

want:

improved SS controls and more creative ways of using it (the team seem to want to stick with the wiimote and nunchuck).

a link between worlds has taken some very interesting directions. rent items and tackle dungeons in whatever order you want. i would maybe tweak it though so that you can buy items from the off.

a big overworld to explore with loads and loads of dungeons (100s). every dungeon would be in the zelda tradition but most would just be 1-2 room dungeons with no boss. a sign or symbol would be in each one so the player would know what item(s) they would need to get all the treasure. some dungeons would be bigger and more involved of course.

more variety in dungeons. some could be more combat focused. others could be more puzzle solving. some could involve escorting someone, others being chased by something etc. NO TIMED DUNGEONS! hate time limits in games.

lots of dynamically generated events as the player travels around. a big variety would be important. these could range from saving a village you are passing by to coming accross a traveling salesman. getting the variety and rate of occurrence spot on would be tricky though.

a better sense of life around the place (leaf from elder scrolls on that front).

more money sinks. its more difficult to do with an adventure game compared to an RPG but more fun things to do with money. mini games, buying houses and decorating, improving a run down town (like colony 6 in xenoblade)...stuff like that.

expect:

i have no idea. nintendo are going to do whatever the hell they want. i just expect it to entertain (which the series generally does very well).

Avatar image for senses_fail_06
#43 Posted by senses_fail_06 (7096 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

How is SS not functional? The controls were fine. Everyone plays the game wrong as I see.

And why did you lol at me? >:(

Lol. I remember hearing this excuse in the 90s. Still funny.

Avatar image for senses_fail_06
#44 Posted by senses_fail_06 (7096 posts) -

@GreySeal9: Nice post, peon.

Avatar image for HarlockJC
#45 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

I would like to see more hidden areas in the game. I want a good Day/night cycle. I would like voice acting for everyone but Link. I really enjoy Zelda motion combat so I would like to see that say, but I don't think it will.

Avatar image for Chrome-
#46 Posted by Chrome- (1726 posts) -

Sex, lots of it.

Avatar image for silversix_
#47 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

I expect a 7/10

Avatar image for GreySeal9
#48 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

@GunSmith1_basic said:

It just needs ALL of the following:

  1. completely non-linear with no items, plot, or antagonists
  2. Link to be finally voice acted and by none other than Iwata himself
  3. the ability to convert real world dollars into Hyrulian Rupees
  4. should be backwards compatible with all previous Zeldas
  5. online leaderboards
  6. director's audio commentary track
  7. free pie

lol. I like this list.

Avatar image for voljin1987
#49 Edited by voljin1987 (991 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

What I want:

Graphics: Fine with either art style or realistic

Sound: still waiting for Koji Kondo to team up with Nobuo Uematsu

-Epona, she must return.

-Twilight Princess combat

-8 dungeons

-Meaningful sidequests

-night/day cycle

-musical instrument

-pictobox, I want to take selfies like WWR

-Zoras must return, with an awesome domain to enjoy

-time travel return?

-huge overworld, give Xenoblade a run for its money.

-fake open world: vast amount of land to explore, but in reality you have one place to go

-lots of secrets

-fairy fountains

-magic meter

-elemental arrows

Did I miss anything?

Yes.. u missed "REMOVE THE F***KING FAIRY.. I dont want someone yelling listen over and over"

Also for ONCE make me play as Ganon instead of Link.