What do you think MS plan is?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SlimWifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SlimWifi
Member since 2010 • 213 Posts
250 hdd, Slim factor, 149.99 sell off of old arcade sku. What else do you think they are going to do, obviously they are up to something, but what? thanks and please be respectful.
88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

to make a ****load of money

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

88mphSlayer
And conquer the gaming industry!! *Dun dun dun*
SlimWifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SlimWifi
[QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

JuarN18

any chance they make the slim and incorporate Natal with it without a HDD and sell it for 199?
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

yea, theyve been lying low like a tiger..im thinking they will strike at E3.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

I imagine once Reach has been out for a bit, they'll bundle it with the 360. After marketing it out the Ying-Yang, of course. :P

reeboker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 reeboker
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts
convert all oses to Windows XD
SlimWifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SlimWifi

yea, theyve been lying low like a tiger..im thinking they will strike at E3.

KBFloYd
oh yeah definitely something big is coming... just what
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
[QUOTE="JuarN18"][QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

SlimWifi

any chance they make the slim and incorporate Natal with it without a HDD and sell it for 199?

maybe, but not on launch
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

What they're always up to making as much money off of gamers as they can; charge to play online $50 per year, make you buy their HDDs for more than they're worth, have to pay $100 for WiFi, have to pay $15 for each controller to make it charge and play, and the HD DVD player is a $199 add on.

erglesmergle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 erglesmergle
Member since 2009 • 1769 Posts

Make all of them RROD and get the owners to buy another one. Then extend warranty after all potential RROD victims have bought their second Xbox 360 Slim. $$$ in the bank.

Suffca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Suffca
Member since 2008 • 666 Posts

What they're always up to making as much money off of gamers as they can; charge to play online $50 per year, make you buy their HDDs for more than they're worth, have to pay $100 for WiFi, have to pay $15 for each controller to make it charge and play, and the HD DVD player is a $199 add on.

patriots7672

$35 for a 12 month. $70 for WiFi and $30 for a wired controller. You just gotta find the deals.

It's still ridiculous though...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

Same thing they do every night, Pinky.................TRY TO....

OH, my bad.

I think we're going to see a lot of reshuffling of products and more console/accessory bundles before the release of Natal. I wouldn't even put it past them to release newer models of already existing accessories after Natal comes out, either.

dezzyfiesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dezzyfiesta
Member since 2010 • 506 Posts

To get GlaDOS back up and running to continue "doing science".

RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RedruM_I
Member since 2009 • 3051 Posts
Take over the world and enslave humanity.
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts

88mphSlayer
pretty much this same as every company in existence
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts
Market the hell out of Halo Reach and see if there's any more exclusives they can buy their way into multiplat. Basically just a bunch of paper deals. It's what Microsoft seems to be good at: throwing money around instead of trying to be the least bit creative.
iKINGBOBi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iKINGBOBi
Member since 2009 • 1083 Posts

Same thing they do every night, Pinky.................TRY TO....

OH, my bad.

I think we're going to see a lot of reshuffling of products and more console/accessory bundles before the release of Natal. I wouldn't even put it past them to release newer models of already existing accessories after Natal comes out, either.

bez2083

Their Pinky, Their Pinkty & the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain ah classic:lol:

Medic_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Medic_B
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts

can't wait for the slim i must buy

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts
[QUOTE="SlimWifi"][QUOTE="JuarN18"][QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

no since the HDD will be internal (if the shots are real, have a feelin they are) and it'd be a stupid idea to make a new SKU that is comparable to your cheapest one for more expensive, MS is willing to loose money on natal to get a good fanbase going. you'll probably see a slim down with an HDD and Natal for 199 I honestly wouldn't be suprised since MS is also trying to take from th wii.
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mayceV

Market the hell out of Halo Reach and see if there's any more exclusives they can buy their way into multiplat. Basically just a bunch of paper deals. It's what Microsoft seems to be good at: throwing money around instead of trying to be the least bit creative.jalexbrown
well, they have opened/opening 5 studios since E3 09, that doubles their total to 10 rather than 5, If anything you'll probably see a few new IP's from now till 2012. Fire bird, robably new IP, Big park, Joy ride. 343 industries, Halo. Spawnpoint studios, Probably new IP, Wingnut interactive, probably new IP.Fazeley studios, actually mostly a test site to help rare but half of their 90 man team is dedicated to natal dev. other half is testing natal games. so there is hope for a new IP soon. besides there's alan wake right around the corner.

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
hopefully, to leave the game industry and discontinue Xbox 360.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

i would now be thinking about ignoring the abomination of a pricing sscheme and looking at some flash drive memory for a 360 seriously that has got me intrested in buying a 360 if they are doing what it says on the tin i could use my 32gb Zen (which i hardly use nowadays which is a crying shame ) and have that as my HDD.

deleterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 deleterguy
Member since 2005 • 1827 Posts

Time for an overused .gif now!

SlimWifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SlimWifi

[QUOTE="SlimWifi"][QUOTE="JuarN18"]And conquer the gaming industry!! *Dun dun dun*mayceV

no since the HDD will be internal (if the shots are real, have a feelin they are) and it'd be a stupid idea to make a new SKU that is comparable to your cheapest one for more expensive, MS is willing to loose money on natal to get a good fanbase going. you'll probably see a slim down with an HDD and Natal for 199 I honestly wouldn't be suprised since MS is also trying to take from th wii.

wait they are saying the hdd is internal? wow

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mayceV

[QUOTE="mayceV"][QUOTE="SlimWifi"] any chance they make the slim and incorporate Natal with it without a HDD and sell it for 199?SlimWifi

wait they are saying the hdd is internal? wow

looks that way since there are 2 SATA ports in on the motherboard, 1 for DVD and the other for the HDD, reason I think it'll be internal and standard is because it'll be near impossible to reach the Port without opening your 360, and using a wire to connect to an external port to attach to the port on a HDD is pretty bad design. other than that, you can look at this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148231 a80 gig SATA drive is about 35 bucks sold at a profit. MS could find one for cheaper. The redesign will cut manufacturing costs, a 360 costs somewhere around 140$ afrter the redesign it could look to be 100 - 90 bucks, ad 30 for a HDD and bundle natal you get loads of sales so that you can make money off of software, I see the Arcade going for 150 until its liquified and the elite for 250, Then new SKU will probably have a high end model, now I just wonder if it means no more Elites, then what the point of bringing the 250Gb over for 130$.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I think at this point MS would be crazy to go back to an internal HDD. Obviously they make money off of each additional upgrade HDD people buy, so why would they cut that out. I'm guessing the picture of the Motherboard is for the Natal integrated version of the 360. Maybe the additional SATA port is for Natal hook up. Just a guess though.

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mayceV

I think at this point MS would be crazy to go back to an internal HDD. Obviously they make money off of each additional upgrade HDD people buy, so why would they cut that out. I'm guessing the picture of the Motherboard is for the Natal integrated version of the 360. Maybe the additional SATA port is for Natal hook up. Just a guess though.

coasterguy65
yeah but they are putting USB support (16Gb) which will make the HDD demand plummet, I mean if they didn't include an interanl HDD where would the HDDgo? It won't fit on the slim seeing that its the entire length of the 360. the 16 Gb could be to transfer data from an older 360, or to a friends 360. I mean its plausible and I'm leaning towards more likely than not.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

patriots7672

funny thing is, you're not required to buy any of that.

XBL is the closest you arrived with your point. and the only reason PSN is free is because of XBL's subscription.

then again, what would PSN be/look like if XBL never existed.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

Take over the world and enslave humanity.RedruM_I

if anything, Google will take that crown.

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

[QUOTE="patriots7672"]

HavocV3

funny thing is, you're not required to buy any of that.

XBL is the closest you arrived with your point. and the only reason PSN is free is because of XBL's subscription.

then again, what would PSN be/look like if XBL never existed.

2 things:

1. You are required to buy an HDD to be able to play Xbox backwards capable games on it, and even though wi-fi is optional, it still is an item for those that need to go online without a 100 ft ethernet cable running.

2. I just have to ask out of curiosity: Is Christian Bale actually trying to out nod Kermit the Frog? He's crazy if he thinks he's going to win!!!