What do you guys think of Tekken 6?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Tragic_Kingdom7
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tragic_Kingdom7
Member since 2008 • 4011 Posts

I'm buying this game tommorow, but I'd still like to know what you guys think of it. I've bought most of the major fighting games this gen and I've always liked Tekken's style and characters (and Tekken 6 seems to have more fighters than any other fighting game this gen), so it's a definite purchase for me (I am going to get it used though; don't want to spend 60$ on a fighting game). From what I've heard, the gameplay is a good as ever (some people say it's better than ever), but the graphics are somewhat underwhelming, the scenario mode is ugly and awkward(but is a cool way of getting clothes to customize your character)and the online matches have a crapload of lag. To me, the sheer amount of fighters does a bit in the way of making up for the shortcomings.

2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

Same game as Tekken 1. You're just paying $50 bucks for some DLC characters and pretty graphics.

hammerofcrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hammerofcrom
Member since 2009 • 1323 Posts

I liked Tekken 5 better.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

i love it.. best tekken yet.. if your getting it on ps3, feel free to add me ( uitraviolence ).. always happy to give lessons;)

Avatar image for Tragic_Kingdom7
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tragic_Kingdom7
Member since 2008 • 4011 Posts

i love it.. best tekken yet.. if your getting it on ps3, feel free to add me ( uitraviolence ).. always happy to give lessons;)

ultraking

Yeah, I'm getting it on PS3, so I'll add you sometime tommorow.

KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 KittyHeart
Member since 2009 • 1340 Posts

I'm buying this game tommorow, but I'd still like to know what you guys think of it. I've bought most of the major fighting games this gen and I've always liked Tekken's style and characters (and Tekken 6 seems to have more fighters than any other fighting game this gen), so it's a definite purchase for me (I am going to get it used though; don't want to spend 60$ on a fighting game). From what I've heard, the gameplay is a good as ever (some people say it's better than ever), but the graphics are somewhat underwhelming, the scenario mode is ugly and awkward(but is a cool way of getting clothes to customize your character)and the online matches have a crapload of lag. To me, the sheer amount of fighters does a bit in the way of making up for the shortcomings.

Tragic_Kingdom7
tekken 6 is only 33 bucks new at amazon (dont know if the price is still the same) great game, the online lag is fixed too so smooth play, i say you hve to buy it
Rob-Belmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rob-Belmont
Member since 2009 • 1350 Posts

There's not much to say really, it's Tekken, brilliant as ever.

Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Mr_Apple_Soup
Member since 2006 • 3580 Posts

Same game as Tekken 1. You're just paying $50 bucks for some DLC characters and pretty graphics.

2-10-08

couldn't you say that about most fighting game sequels?

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
I heard they patched the online to make it much smoother now. Check the GameFAQs forums.
nchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nchan
Member since 2004 • 1059 Posts
I don't understand why people would spend 60 bucks on the same game. Tekken 6 is like Tekken 5 with better graphic. Nothing special about it. My brother bought it for his PS3, but hugely regret it.
PSNIDCiocio313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PSNIDCiocio313
Member since 2009 • 391 Posts

the greatest fighting game ever, tied with street fighter

its the same as tekken 5 but with better graphics, and if you get it on ps3 u have the option of playing your music while playing online, custom music

plus the online is on point if you play green bars only

worth every penny if you want an arcade feel

get the limited edtion version also, it comes with a true to the arcade joystick

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#12 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
Well,I rather play tekken 3... ...come to think of it,I rather play soul calibur.
rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts

online is still broken at least on the ps3 it still is the patch really didnt fix it i still get disconnected %100 of the time and no it aint my connection cause this is the only game doing it!

SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 SupraGT
Member since 2003 • 8150 Posts

only scrubs say it's the same game.

The game feels different and is a lot more fun than T5

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

Just got my copy from Amazon today ($32) and I'm kinda sad, the online play is better than T5 and I loved T5 but some of the changes are I'm not liking. The do more power when you have low health, sometimes not being able to get up off the ground because you can't roll into the foreground or background.

At least the online structure was fixed before I ever got it or else I'd really be disappointed. Its still a good game and feel free to add me to (box3ru13) and the emphasis on the scenario campaign is such a huge let down. I don't really want to go through that to get the end movies or trophies.

CaptainHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 CaptainHarley
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

tekken has always been a strictly inferior alternative to 2d fighting games but as far as 3d fighters go its pretty decent. we played a lot of tekken back in the rec room era when non-heads came over for games, because there was no point in playing 3rd strike with them--the skill gap was too big. tekken is a nice intermediate, its pretty, and anybody can enjoy it.

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

i think it is awesome!!! very fun to master a lot of characters. the graphics are great the scenario campaign is a bit weird but fun. you should get it.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

I don't understand why people would spend 60 bucks on the same game. Tekken 6 is like Tekken 5 with better graphic. Nothing special about it. My brother bought it for his PS3, but hugely regret it. nchan
why do people buy mw2? its the same as the firts one? why do people buy street fighter 12? its the same as the first one? why do people buy gears of war 2, its the same as the first one... why do people buy tomb raider, its the same as the first one.. do i need to continue?

stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 stevoqwerty
Member since 2006 • 4029 Posts

Awesome game, worth the full price.

Goods:

- 40 Characters

- You can make you characters to look like Jackie Chan(Lei), Dante(Miguel), Bruce Lee(Law), Gangster(Steve, Bruce), Kanye West(Bruce), Terminator(Jack 6),a Pimp(Heihachi), Mafia(Baek), Triad(Feng),generic Military Sargent(Brian), the black hair girl from Friends(Zafina), a Terrorist(Dragunov), Lady Gaga(Lili), RoboDino(RogerJr) etc.

- Online is awesome since they fixed.

- Same as previous but awesomer.

- Item moves!!!! (Shotgun for Brian)

Bads:

- Crappy graphics.

- Expansive to customize.

Avatar image for BloodSeeker1337
BloodSeeker1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BloodSeeker1337
Member since 2009 • 1278 Posts
I Only have PSP Version of Tekken 6; but it's great :)
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
I don't understand why people would spend 60 bucks on the same game. Tekken 6 is like Tekken 5 with better graphic. Nothing special about it. My brother bought it for his PS3, but hugely regret it. nchan
I heard that now they have patched the online, its amazing. Tekken 5 dr was unplayable at times.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
I played some at a friends house....I kind of enjoyed it. Enjoyed it enough to buy myself a copy :)
mr-krinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#23 mr-krinkles
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts

I don't get Tekken. It always seems to be the same thing to me, just rehashed with nicer graphics.

Seriously, what am I missing? I've never known anyone to really take the game seriously - it always boils down to button mashing. Sure some friends have a particular "style" and will perform the same move over and over (e.g. one of my friends chooses Lei and does that thing where he lies down, does a sweep and a jumping kick. Another friend will choose Law and just keep doing those jumping cyclical kicks. Another friend will choose Eddie and just go spastic with him), but really, what is it?? It just always seems to be the exact same gameplay to me.

Other fighting games, such as Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, have gone through completely different makeovers between some of the games (e.g. MK2 --> MK3, Street Fighter 2 to the alpha series etc.). Tekken has the same gameplay since the original, each iteration changing by minor tweaks or relatively insignificant changes.

I'm not dissing, I'd just like to know wtf.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

Tekken games are the worst fighting games, there is something abt them that i dun like, the combos are very complicated and need perfect timing, the huge charcter selection is the only good thing the game has, i think DOAis way better.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8283 Posts
I liked it a lot, one of the better games this year :)
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#26 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I didn't like it the game felt like a last gen game.

M1KES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 M1KES
Member since 2003 • 750 Posts

I don't get Tekken. It always seems to be the same thing to me, just rehashed with nicer graphics.

Seriously, what am I missing? I've never known anyone to really take the game seriously - it always boils down to button mashing. Sure some friends have a particular "style" and will perform the same move over and over (e.g. one of my friends chooses Lei and does that thing where he lies down, does a sweep and a jumping kick. Another friend will choose Law and just keep doing those jumping cyclical kicks. Another friend will choose Eddie and just go spastic with him), but really, what is it?? It just always seems to be the exact same gameplay to me.

Other fighting games, such as Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, have gone through completely different makeovers between some of the games (e.g. MK2 --> MK3, Street Fighter 2 to the alpha series etc.). Tekken has the same gameplay since the original, each iteration changing by minor tweaks or relatively insignificant changes.

I'm not dissing, I'd just like to know wtf.

mr-krinkles

It seems as you just played tekken casually... there is much more to it then mashing buttons.. Part of it is knowing how to punish those people that keep spamming the same moves. Then the juggles are really fun to learn and pull of. And tekken 6 made it better. I dont think tekken 6 is the game that it was supposed to be, but it's TEKKEN and the gameplay is as great and addictive as it has always been. I cant go back to the previous ones after playing this one.

Also a huge plus in my opinion are the new characters... i really like them and already mained lars. There fighting style were unique and interesting (except for bob.... i hate him :P)