What do Xbox One/Switch Owners do if FF7 Remake stays exclusive to PS4?

• 101 results
#1 Posted by ProtossRushX (5243 posts) -

Like whats their plan to get this game? Maybe there a lemming or a sheep but they love FF7 Remake.

Just curious what they will do when this game hits on the ps4 and nobody knows if its droppin anywhere else.

We just don't know if its coming to xbone or switch so I guess get a ps4 and sell your xb1/switch.

#3 Posted by Howmakewood (5801 posts) -

Think they good for years before the episodic shit is done

#4 Posted by Sevenizz (3643 posts) -

Does everyone really care about Final Fantasy games?

I know I don’t.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#5 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24043 posts) -

Switch can't handle this game anyway.

#6 Posted by I_P_Daily (11436 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: Looks like you never saw the latest trailer where they changed it from an rpg to a hack n slash game.

If people want to play FF7 they're better off just buying the original that just been re-released.

Also the game is episodic so good luck playing the whole game before 2025 lol

#7 Posted by Vaidream45 (1850 posts) -

I dunno. Play other games? Lol. This looks more like something I’ll wanna watch all the cutscenes on YouTube instead of actual game. FF7 to me will always be a turn based jrpg. Not whatever this is.

#8 Posted by Kadin_Kai (334 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: I have both PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. But I am not going to buy it, I thought the original was just so-so.

#9 Posted by sealionact (3800 posts) -

If this is the seventh game, it's hardly the "final" fantasy is it?

Whatever it is, I'm not interested in some anime manga junk.....

#10 Edited by SaltSlasher (1006 posts) -

I imagine those with just those devices will just have to settle for playing Final Fantasy VII.

#11 Edited by nepu7supastar7 (5071 posts) -

@ProtossRushX:

I already have a Ps4 so I'm good either way. I don't think I'd want to play a dumbed down version of the game, anyway. Final Fantasy VII Remake deserves to be played in high quality.

#12 Posted by Pedro (33993 posts) -
This thread.
This thread.

#13 Posted by DaVillain- (36073 posts) -

Ummm, I just play it on my PS4? I own multiple gaming systems for a reason.

#14 Posted by djoffer (1222 posts) -

Considering the game most likely won’t be out for years, I imagine they have plenty of time to get together the money for an old PS4... also anyone taking bets this won’t be out before ps5?

#15 Posted by SecretPolice (35108 posts) -

:P

#16 Edited by robert_sparkes (2937 posts) -

You can get a PS4 at a decent price. I'm doubtful it will stay as exclusive for long anyway.

#17 Posted by cainetao11 (36500 posts) -

I’m doing what I did with the original: not giving a f*ck about it.

#18 Posted by Steppy_76 (2690 posts) -

I'm pretty sure this game has been announced for 3 generations in a row, we didn't see it on the PS2 or PS3, what makes you think we'll see it on the PS4?

#19 Posted by pyro1245 (4926 posts) -

The question is:

Would Squeenix even do that now that they've had a taste of that sweet, sweet multi-platform money?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#20 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13572 posts) -

Not give a damn?

#21 Posted by Sgt_Crow (6062 posts) -

Final Fantasy VII is one of the most overrated games of all time.
So to answer your question; nothing I guess?

#22 Posted by 2mrw (5831 posts) -

It wont stay exclusive

But it will help moves tons of consoles, that's the whole point for Sont anyway

#23 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2316 posts) -

Port beg. And no way in hell is FFVII Remake coming to Switch unless it's the potato version

#24 Posted by speedytimsi (931 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

@ProtossRushX: Looks like you never saw the latest trailer where they changed it from an rpg to a hack n slash game.

If people want to play FF7 they're better off just buying the original that just been re-released.

Also the game is episodic so good luck playing the whole game before 2025 lol

still way sooner b4 Star Citizen fully releases.

Avatar image for storm_of_swords
#25 Edited by storm_of_swords (2746 posts) -

I'll continue playing games that I actually care about and not worry about a game like this that I would not even waste any of my time on even if it was given to me for free.

#26 Edited by BoxRekt (980 posts) -

lol love how lemmings act like they don't care about the game when you posed that question.

The guys are clueless and lost.

All generation they only dream, wish and beg for games on Xbox while on PS4 Sony delivered.

Stop the BS, FFVII remake looks better than everything MS tried to deliver this generation, one of many for playstation.

Xbox "fans" must love missing out of games. It's apparent they aren't much of gamers anyway since their first reply to missing all games is:

"I'll just watch it on youtube."

How great the xbox platform must be:

"We missed another amazing game that's guys. lets go to YouTube and try to feel what they feel!".

#27 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1406 posts) -

I kind of doubt it's coming out this generation. I haven't decided yet if I'll play it. Never cared to play the original.

#28 Posted by sealionact (3800 posts) -

@boxrekt: Its Manga nonsense, and that stuff hardly sells on ps never mind xbox.

#29 Posted by BoxRekt (980 posts) -

@sealionact: it's games dude.

Shit like Fortnite sales and it's as kiddy as it gets. You're trying to over sell the medium we're actually engaged in bud.

"Manga nonsense" is right up there with what games like to play.

The most popular game!

yeaaaaah you were saying?

#30 Posted by Steppy_76 (2690 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

lol love how lemmings act like they don't care about the game when you posed that question.

The guys are clueless and lost.

All generation they only dream, wish and beg for games on Xbox while on PS4 Sony delivered.

Stop the BS, FFVII remake looks better than everything MS tried to deliver this generation, one of many for playstation.

Xbox "fans" must love missing out of games. It's apparent they aren't much of gamers anyway since their first reply to missing all games is:

"I'll just watch it on youtube."

How great the xbox platform must be:

"We missed another amazing game that's guys. lets go to YouTube and try to feel what they feel!".

People don't care because this game has been announced for 3 different generations and STILL hasn't come out. This title is firmly in the I'll believe it when I see it realm.

#31 Edited by BoxRekt (980 posts) -

@Steppy_76: True, but you can also file it under:

"If you build it, they will come" category. :P

Both scenarios could be true.

I had lost faith in the project as well, but when I saw the new trailer I was excited again. One good showing is all it really takes to get people back on the bandwaggon.

That said, FFVII migh be a cross-gen launch with PS5 so I'm not expecting anything too soon.

#32 Posted by phbz (4323 posts) -

If the combat is like in XV then we're on track to another terrible AAA release. If it's ok I'll buy it after all EPs are out. As to those who don't own a PS, I'm guessing they know that by not owning a system you will inevitably miss some games. They'll probably just play something else?

#33 Posted by pmanden (589 posts) -

By the time this game is finally ready, it will be released exclusively on the PS6 or PS7 and I'll have to sell my xbox Two XX Pro.

Nah, seriously I'm really excited about this game and I will buy any console just to play this game IF it turns out to be as great as the original. Square hasn't delivered a truly great FF game for a very long time (not since FF8, if you ask me), and I fear they have lost it. I hope I am wrong.

#35 Edited by Steppy_76 (2690 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

@Steppy_76: True, but you can also file it under:

"If you build it, they will come" category. :P

Both scenarios could be true.

I had lost faith in the project as well, but when I saw the new trailer I was excited again. One good showing is all it really takes to get people back on the bandwaggon.

That said, FFVII migh be a cross-gen launch with PS5 so I'm not expecting anything too soon.

True, but the problem is that "if" is a HUGE "if". We had showings last gen too remember.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#36 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (28861 posts) -

Then I get it for my PS4.

Who doesn't have multiple systems?

#37 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10329 posts) -

FF7 won't be exclusive, they go out of their way to put their games on every system there is. They even went out of their way to bring a lot of FFs to the Switch

#38 Posted by HEATHEN75 (679 posts) -

Don't care at all. I still have the original and a PS2 to play it on. I'm still on the 1st game on my re-play through anyway. Be awhile before I get back to VII.

#39 Posted by Archangel3371 (27588 posts) -

Well I’m pretty certain that it will be coming out on the other systems also but if for whatever reason it doesn’t then the answer is obvious. They’ll either buy a PS4 to play it or they won’t and just play other games. Pretty dumb thread that asks a pretty dumb question.

#40 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36068 posts) -

"Oh well. we have the classic FULL game at least?"

#41 Posted by jeezers (2672 posts) -

ive got my PS4 but have no interest in it, never got into final fanasty so i dont get the appeal.

Im more excited for the Squirrel simulator game TBH lol

#42 Posted by Calvincfb (964 posts) -

Damn, the salt is real in this thread.

#43 Posted by Calvincfb (964 posts) -

@djoffer: wrong. The game will release early 2020.

#44 Posted by Calvincfb (964 posts) -

@sealionact: LMAO

https://www.cnet.com/news/kingdom-hearts-3-is-the-best-selling-game-of-2019-so-far/

https://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-sales-hit-8-4-million-shipped-worldwide/

Say that again lol

#45 Posted by Calvincfb (964 posts) -

@Steppy_76: lies, ffvii remake was announced in 2015 only.

#46 Posted by adsparky (1310 posts) -

They would say it's overrated and that nobody cares about it, like they have been saying with the original until it got released in their platform.

#47 Posted by djoffer (1222 posts) -

@calvincfb: you have any links to that or are you just talking out your ass?

#48 Edited by Calvincfb (964 posts) -

@djoffer said:

@calvincfb: you have any links to that or are you just talking out your ass?

https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/20/square-enix-big-game-fy2020-e3-2019-reveal/

The only big game announced by SQEX as of now it's FFVIIRE. Do some research.

When asked, Square Enix declined to share specifics, but said announcements will be made in the lead-up to E3 2019. It also mentioned that it’s looking to cut down on the time between game announcement and release, so whatever big game it has in store for Q3 FY2020, it’s likely going to be announced around E3 and released this year.

E3 is next month, they said more news in june, so it's pretty much confirmed.

#49 Posted by sealionact (3800 posts) -

@boxrekt: Lol...so Fortnite "sells", and it's a jrpg now?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

#50 Posted by Steppy_76 (2690 posts) -

@calvincfb said:

@Steppy_76: lies, ffvii remake was announced in 2015 only.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_Remake

History

Demands for and rumors of a remake grew in the wake of both a PlayStation 3 tech demo that was shown at the 2005 Electronic Entertainment Expo, showcasing the opening of VII with the company's new Crystal Tools engine, and the game's impending tenth anniversary in 2007. On both occasions, it was stated by Square Enix staff that no remake was in development.[10][11][12] Despite continued demands and rumors spread by staff messages within the Compilation titles, various reasons were given for why a remake was not being developed: these reasons included wanting a contemporary title to best the sales and popularity of VII; the wish to focus on new titles; the necessity of deleting parts of the original game to make the project manageable; the difficulty of developing on hardware such as the PlayStation 3; and the required development time being overly long.[13][14][15][16][17]

A remake was initially attempted in the early 2000s, when the company announced a remake for PlayStation 2 alongside Final Fantasy VIII and IX, but nothing further was heard of these projects.[18][19] The main reason attempts had failed was because remaking VII on current hardware would be a "massive" undertaking, and if kept within a single installment would require heavy cutting of content.[20] Another reason cited was that the staff were preoccupied with developing Final Fantasy XIII and its sequels, and Remake would have been an equally large or larger project hard to undertake at the same time. Once the XIII series ended, the team were free to pursue other projects.[21]

The Remake project finally began when Final Fantasy producer Shinji Hashimoto broached the subject to Kitase, Nojima and Nomura. All three were reaching a stage of life that they defined as "that age": all felt that if they waited much longer, they might not be alive to or would be too old to develop a remake of VII, and passing the project on to a new generation did not feel right.[22][23][24] Another reason for developing the title was that Square Enix was creating a growing library of PlayStation 4 titles, and the team hoped to increase the console's popularity.[24] A notable absence from the originally announced team was Nobuo Uematsu, who composed the original music for VII.[25] Kitase later revealed that Uematsu was working on the game's music in an undisclosed role. It was the first time Uematsu and Kitase had worked together since the release of Final Fantasy X, and Kitase initially thought Uematsu would refuse as he had long since left Square Enix and found success as an independent composer.[26]

So, we have an announced remake in the early 2000's for the PS2, and a tech demo released when the PS3 was announced. You sure this is coming out THIS time?