What Console should I get???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DamasterofTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 DamasterofTime
Member since 2005 • 485 Posts

I saved up $1000 for 2 months and I cant decide between the three, and I need some help.

ByFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ByFly
Member since 2006 • 1917 Posts

I would say 360 because Im enjoying it.. but it depends on what you want of a gaming console...

but with 1000 bucks I would buy 360pro+pes6 for 340 euro at mediamarkt and save up an extra 100 to buy an800 euro37 inchLGLCD tv lol

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
$1000 will buy you an incredible PC... but if you don't plan on gaming on PC then the 360 or PS3 would be your best choice.
Tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Tactis
Member since 2006 • 1568 Posts

the lineup for the 360 is better this year and has variety, the hardware should be fixed in like a month with 65nm, hdmi, less noisy dvd drives, plus its $150 cheaper than the ps3 and you get better multiplats(like 60 fps madden, online VF5) if you hate the majority of the games for the 360 this year dont buy the 360(the following list is exclusive only)

Halo3(only true shooter)

Bioshock(also on PC, shooter but not exclusive)

Mass effect(rpg)

Blue Dragon(jrpg)

Lost Odyssey(Jrpg)

Eternal Sonata(jrpg)

PGR4(racer)

Naruto(platformer/action)

Ace combat six(airplane fighter simulation)

Viva Pinata part animals(hardcore casual)

DamasterofTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DamasterofTime

$1000 will buy you an incredible PC... but if you don't plan on gaming on PC then the 360 or PS3 would be your best choice.foxhound_fox

I allready have my custom AlienWare :].

Avatar image for norfair_dweller
norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 norfair_dweller
Member since 2007 • 1639 Posts
I'd go with a PC, but if you were to get a console go with the 360; it has the biggest library of games.
DamasterofTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DamasterofTime

the lineup for the 360 is better this year and has variety, the hardware should be fixed in like a month with 65nm, hdmi, less noisy dvd drives, plus its $150 cheaper than the ps3 and you get better multiplats(like 60 fps madden, online VF5) if you hate the majority of the games for the 360 this year dont buy the 360(the following list is exclusive only)

Halo3(only true shooter)

Bioshock(also on PC, shooter but not exclusive)

Mass effect(rpg)

Blue Dragon(jrpg)

Lost Odyssey(Jrpg)

Eternal Sonata(jrpg)

PGR4(racer)

Naruto(platformer/action)

Ace combat six(airplane fighter simulation)

Viva Pinata part animals(hardcore casual)

Tactis

My friend says his 360 scratchres his disks....

DeerhunterIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DeerhunterIA
Member since 2006 • 684 Posts
Depends on the type of games you play. 360 has the biggest (and possibly the best) selection of games right now. Plus it's harware problems seem to resolved. The PS3 has great potential. But so did the NeoGeo. And if you are an older gamer that likes the Nintendo franchises than you can get a Wii. Actually, for $1000 you can get a Wii and either the PS3 or 360. Which would be sweet!
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I allready have my custom AlienWare :]. DamasterofTime

Well then, depending on your interest in the exclusives, a Wii or PS3 would be your best bet.
lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts
360 unless you really like nintendo games,then go with the wii.if you want a ps3 you might as well wait.
DamasterofTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DamasterofTime

Depends on the type of games you play. 360 has the biggest (and possibly the best) selection of games right now. Plus it's harware problems seem to resolved. The PS3 has great potential. But so did the NeoGeo. And if you are an older gamer that likes the Nintendo franchises than you can get a Wii. Actually, for $1000 you can get a Wii and either the PS3 or 360. Which would be sweet!DeerhunterIA

*Idea* What if I get a Wii and a 360 or PS3????????? With $1000 I can get 2!!!!! That would be sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 norfair_dweller

My friend says his 360 scratchres his disks....DamasterofTime

That could be because he moves the 360 while it's running with a disc in it.

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
No matter what the polls say dont waste your money on a wii or you will surely regret it. You will get bored out of your mind waiting the SSBB and then after that game you will have nothing to look forward to. Go witha 360 or PS3.
DamasterofTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DamasterofTime

[QUOTE="DamasterofTime"]My friend says his 360 scratchres his disks....norfair_dweller

Only during Guitar Hero

DeerhunterIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DeerhunterIA

[QUOTE="DeerhunterIA"]Depends on the type of games you play. 360 has the biggest (and possibly the best) selection of games right now. Plus it's harware problems seem to resolved. The PS3 has great potential. But so did the NeoGeo. And if you are an older gamer that likes the Nintendo franchises than you can get a Wii. Actually, for $1000 you can get a Wii and either the PS3 or 360. Which would be sweet!DamasterofTime

*Idea* What if I get a Wii and a 360 or PS3????????? With $1000 I can get 2!!!!! That would be sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get two what? Two Wii's, two 360's or two PS3's?

DamasterofTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DamasterofTime
[QUOTE="DamasterofTime"]

[QUOTE="DeerhunterIA"]Depends on the type of games you play. 360 has the biggest (and possibly the best) selection of games right now. Plus it's harware problems seem to resolved. The PS3 has great potential. But so did the NeoGeo. And if you are an older gamer that likes the Nintendo franchises than you can get a Wii. Actually, for $1000 you can get a Wii and either the PS3 or 360. Which would be sweet!DeerhunterIA

AWii and a 360!!!

DeerhunterIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DeerhunterIA
[QUOTE="DeerhunterIA"][QUOTE="DamasterofTime"]

[QUOTE="DeerhunterIA"]Depends on the type of games you play. 360 has the biggest (and possibly the best) selection of games right now. Plus it's harware problems seem to resolved. The PS3 has great potential. But so did the NeoGeo. And if you are an older gamer that likes the Nintendo franchises than you can get a Wii. Actually, for $1000 you can get a Wii and either the PS3 or 360. Which would be sweet!DamasterofTime

AWii and a 360!!!

That would be a good choice. However, I am assuming that you are using US dollars. Good luck in whatever you decide. :)

norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 norfair_dweller
[QUOTE="norfair_dweller"]

[QUOTE="DamasterofTime"]My friend says his 360 scratchres his disks....DamasterofTime

Only during Guitar Hero

Well, that would be scratching a disc. I was under the impression that it was scratching every single one of his discs. I don't know. I'm no expert, so he should probably contact customer service to find out why.

DamasterofTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DamasterofTime

Yea.......

DamasterofTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DamasterofTime
[QUOTE="DamasterofTime"][QUOTE="norfair_dweller"]

[QUOTE="DamasterofTime"]My friend says his 360 scratchres his disks....norfair_dweller

Only during Guitar Hero

Well, that would be scratching a disc. I was under the impression that it was scratching every single one of his discs. I don't know. I'm no expert, so he should probably contact customer service to find out why.

Well It scratches all his disks....but mainly his guitar hero

FusionApex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FusionApex
Member since 2006 • 1151 Posts
If you have that much, get a PS3, or a good PC.
DamasterofTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DamasterofTime

If you have that much, get a PS3, or a good PC.FusionApex

I already have a Custom Alienware PC.

Tesley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tesley
Member since 2006 • 2022 Posts

IMO, get a Wii and a 360. Best of both worlds. Little point in the PS3 as of now, considering losta exlusives are now going to the 360.

DamasterofTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DamasterofTime
[QUOTE="DamasterofTime"]

[QUOTE="DeerhunterIA"]Depends on the type of games you play. 360 has the biggest (and possibly the best) selection of games right now. Plus it's harware problems seem to resolved. The PS3 has great potential. But so did the NeoGeo. And if you are an older gamer that likes the Nintendo franchises than you can get a Wii. Actually, for $1000 you can get a Wii and either the PS3 or 360. Which would be sweet!Tesley

IMO, get a Wii and a 360. Best of both worlds. Little point in the PS3 as of now, considering losta exlusives are now going to the 360.

Thats a good Idea, I think I'll get a 360 and a Wii.