What changes do you want in next gen controllers?

• 74 results
npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@storm_of_swords said:
@npiet1 said:

@storm_of_swords: @henrythefifth: there not getting rid of the light due to VR. However an option to turn it off would be cool.

Or they could come up with a better VR solution. The Vive does not require an annoying bright blue light and it tracks motion controls way more accurately than Sony's crappy solution.

yeah its also 3x the price

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

ps4 controller is perfection don't need much maybe a better battery and light controls

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Maybe an emphasis on like ay asymmetry like the left handed joystick plus regular buttoon combo of the gamecube...

I think that controller is slightly ahead of it's time and no one else has really picked u pon it yet sadly.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34581 Posts
@joshrmeyer said:

@Litchie: "Sony could have a controller where they place the left analogue stick where human thumbs naturally are. Not sure why some of you are content with bending your left thumb down to the dualshock's weird ass analogue stick placement."

Looks like Google's new machine has the sticks down there too. Why have one down there and not both?

The left stick is what you use all the time. Doesn't it then make sense to have it placed where your left thumb is naturally? On the right side, you usually use the buttons more often than the right stick. Therefor, the buttons should be where the right thumb is naturally.

It isn't rocket science.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46217 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

@R4gn4r0k: And they better be 8k!

Woops, I thought this was about consoles

Avatar image for deactivated-5d35e2183f2b7
deactivated-5d35e2183f2b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By deactivated-5d35e2183f2b7
Member since 2019 • 80 Posts

PS5: Better battery life, it's so bad that I don't bother unplugging it anymore.

Make the light as low as the PS3

Remove the touch pad completely

Make the controller as light as the PS3

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@Litchie: For fps games you use both equally as much. For side scrollers I use the d-pad only. So I'm glad it's where Sony has it. I have no problem using either controller, just don't see why it's a big deal to people.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Basically ditch the controller in favor of M/KB.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

one suggestion that shouldn't be controversial (though this is SW so....) is flappy paddle buttons ala the steam controller and xbox elite controller should be standard next gen. a minimum of 1 button on the left and 1 on the right (2 may make things a bit more finicky though i havent used an elite controller so i dunno).

I really cannot see a downside to this. its not expensive to implement, it doesnt hinder comfort. what's not to love? if anyone has an actually convincing argument (as this is SW) as to why flappy paddle buttons on the underside should not be implemented I would genuinely love to hear it.

and now to get more controversial: MS, sony and nintendo should be taking a good hard look at the steam controller and look to build on that (there is certainly room for improvement). It's brilliant. for the vast majority of games being made today the steam controller is a lot more suitable than the old layout. i just had a grand old time playing pillars of eternity with it (using the PC UI) and even had a setup playing a total war game with it. playing the talos principal with it put a big smile on my face too. if developers were developing a game with that kind of controller in mind it would really free them up..the amount of concessions they have to make to deal with the old layout is mad.

it meets a nice middle ground of delivering a lot of the accuracy of the mouse (not all of it), a lot of the flexibility of the keyboard while also giving the comfort and convenience of a controller.

it would have a learning curve for people who are really used to both the mouse and keyboard and the old controller. a lot of muscle memory would need to be reset. but it offers a very powerful user interface for gaming.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

M/Kb is not always the best input method for some types of games

Also, I believe at this point both PS4 and Xbox have native support for M/Kb

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PC_Rocks

@drlostrib:

My G510+G502 works like a charm for all genres even HnS and fighting. Macros FTW.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DrLostRib

@pc_rocks said:

@drlostrib:

My G510+G502 works like a charm for all genres even HnS and fighting. Macros FTW.

it still doesn't work the best for everything, and may not always be a comfortable option

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PC_Rocks

@drlostrib said:
@pc_rocks said:

@drlostrib:

it still doesn't work the best for everything, and may not always be a comfortable option

Speak for your self. Works perfect for me in all the genres that I found interesting.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DrLostRib

@pc_rocks said:
@drlostrib said:
@pc_rocks said:

@drlostrib:

Speak for your self. Works perfect for me in all the genres that I found interesting.

cool story

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Playstation need to have better triggers on their next model. I cant stand the triggers, they are flimsy and thin.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#66 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Controllers should come with charger. Its pain to have to dish out extra 20 for a charger pack when you buy Xbone. That's just highway robbery.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

There are few games I can think of that player better on a controller, and most are not on PlayStation anymore.

• Spider-Man? An Arkham wannabe, which plays very well on a mouse and keyboard.
  • The Last of Us? Uncharted? Would play perfectly on a mouse and keyboard.
  • God of War? The camera controls similarly to the over the shoulder third person shooters I mentioned above. Would work very well on a mouse and keyboard.
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn? It sucks that I have to use an analog stick in a game whose combat is 80 percent aiming.
  • Gravity Rush? A mouse would make all the gravity manipulation much easier, since the camera controls the direction you fall in.
  • Bloodborne? Rather play it with a controller.

Consoles aren't meant to played at tables, though. I don't like the lap rigs.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 PC_Rocks

@drlostrib said:
@pc_rocks said:
@drlostrib said:
@pc_rocks said:

@drlostrib:

cool story

cool real life story

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 PC_Rocks

@ezekiel43 said:
@pc_rocks said:

There are few games I can think of that player better on a controller, and most are not on PlayStation anymore.

• God of War? The camera controls similarly to the over the shoulder third person shooters I mentioned above. Would work very well on a mouse and keyboard.
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn? It sucks that I have to use an analog stick in a game whose combat is 80 percent aiming.
  • Gravity Rush? A mouse would make all the gravity manipulation much easier, since the camera controls the direction you fall in.

Dark Souls played like crap on M/KB because of their poor implementation, though you can still play it but controller was much better. Sekiro played perfectly with M/KB. I didn't have any problems playing it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#70 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I hate aiming on a gamepad so much I would like every game to have M/KB support.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

Battery Life. That's generally all I care about right now. PS4 controller is fine otherwise. If they make it customizable similar to scuf controllers that's a bonus.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@pc_rocks said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Dark Souls played like crap on M/KB because of their poor implementation, though you can still play it but controller was much better. Sekiro played perfectly with M/KB. I didn't have any problems playing it.

I'll attest to this. I prefer games like Batman and Mordor on Mouse/Keyboard. Sekiro I also prefer on M/K. Dark Souls did play like crap due to poor implementation; they seem to be getting better with each release they do on PC.

All of these games would do fine on mouse and keyboard, as long as the implementation is good.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#73 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58889 Posts

Touch-pad should be the norm.

FlawlessPoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points