What August game(s) are you most looking forward to?

  • 57 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#1 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24355 posts) -

August is already here, SW. May not be a bad thing.. I like fall way more than summer. But anyway, the one game I'm super excited for is Astral Chain. My hype meter is through the roof on this one. Hopefully it will be another Platinum Games classic. As for other games.. I'm looking forward to Metal Wolf Chaos XD. I never played the original so I want to see what kind of reception it gets with this release. How about you, SW? What August game(s) are you most looking forward to?

A
U
G
U
S
T
2Madden NFL 20Win, PS4, XBOSports[203]
6Age of Wonders: PlanetfallWin4X, turn-based strategy[204]
Metal Wolf Chaos XDWin, PS4, XBOThird-person shooter[205]
9Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Complete EditionNSAction role-playing[206]
13Rebel Galaxy OutlawWinSpace Simulation
20RadWin, NS, PS4, XBORoguelike[207]
Remnant: From the AshesWin, PS4, XBOThird-person shooter, action-adventure[208]
Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution[B]NSTurn-based strategy[209]
22Life Is Strange 2 – Episode 4Win, PS4, XBOGraphic adventure[121]
OninakiWin, NS, PS4Role-playing[210]
Tokyo Chronos[A]PS4Adventure[211]
27Ancestors: The Humankind OdysseyWinSurvival[212]
ControlWin, PS4, XBOThird-person shooter, action-adventure[213]
Crystar[B]Win, PS4Action role-playing[214]
The Bard’s Tale IV: Director's CutPS4, XBO, Mac, LinRoguelike[215]
World of Warcraft: ClassicWinRole-playing[216]
29Azur Lane: Crosswave[A]PS4Action role-playing[217]
30Astral ChainNSAction[218]
Blair WitchWin, XBOSurvival horror[219]
The Dark Pictures: Man of MedanWin, PS4, XBOAdventure, survival horror[220]
The Ninja Saviors: Return of the WarriorsNS, PS4Beat 'em up[221]
Avatar image for lundy86_4
#2 Edited by lundy86_4 (53622 posts) -

Astral Chain may be the only thing... I'm behind as-is, so that's probably good.

Avatar image for subspecies
#3 Posted by Subspecies (667 posts) -

No Man's Sky VR...though I'm still holding out hope that it releases this month.

Avatar image for npiet1
#4 Posted by npiet1 (2475 posts) -

Nothing next month, looking at this list. This time of year can become dry till October for me.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#5 Posted by Archangel3371 (28391 posts) -

Definitely Astral Chain. I’m also looking forward to picking up the physical version of The Mana Collection for the Switch in August. It already came out digitally but I’ve been waiting for the physical version to come out before I got it.

Avatar image for fedor
#6 Posted by Fedor (5268 posts) -

Astral Chain and WoW classic.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#7 Posted by I_P_Daily (12310 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: You forgot Wreckfest out on XB1/PS4 on the 27th.

You had one job and you blew it.

Avatar image for Pedro
#8 Posted by Pedro (35440 posts) -

I am interested in the movie game Man of Medan because the last movie game I played wasn't too bad (The Plagues Tale which is less of a movie game than most JRPGs which refuse to let the player play until they force feed you their shitty story) and Oninaki looks interesting.

Avatar image for watercrack445
#9 Posted by watercrack445 (1725 posts) -

Yes

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#10 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3336 posts) -

Madden and Astral Chain for me

Avatar image for phbz
#11 Posted by phbz (4579 posts) -

Control and Astral Chain, both of them pre-ordered since I'm going to play them regardless of review scores.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#12 Posted by Archangel3371 (28391 posts) -

Oh I didn’t realize that Control was coming out in August. Having enjoyed both Alan Wake and Quantum Break I’m definitely interested in this game as well.

Avatar image for heirren
#13 Posted by Heirren (2222 posts) -

Zero games.

Next game i get will be Zelda in September.

Avatar image for ellos
#14 Edited by ellos (2056 posts) -

Control maybe it for me. Maybe Astral Chain but will wait and see if its just low tier effort or not from platinum.

Avatar image for Nike_Air
#15 Posted by Nike_Air (19332 posts) -

I'm interested in Control and Man of Medan .

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
#16 Posted by ProtossRushX (5629 posts) -

WoW Classic

Avatar image for dimebag667
#17 Posted by dimebag667 (1261 posts) -

I think remnant looks kinda cool.

Avatar image for davillain-
#18 Edited by DaVillain- (37500 posts) -

Control (PC) & Astral Chain (Switch) are the only 2 games I'm hype for! But most definitely Control.

Edit: Also, will be getting Ion Fury August 15 PC timely exclusive.

Avatar image for enzyme36
#19 Posted by enzyme36 (4259 posts) -

Rebel Galazy Outlaw looks like a lot of fun... gonna have to wait it out for a year tho after the timed exclusivity.

Other than that, I'm probably just going to ride out Fire Emblem through August until Iceworld drops in early Sept.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#20 Posted by Ant_17 (12724 posts) -

Azur Lane is Japan only.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#21 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (19155 posts) -

Astral Chain baby!

Will get Control & The Dark Pictures eventually too.

Avatar image for sirk1264
#22 Posted by sirk1264 (6007 posts) -

Astral chain and control for me.

Avatar image for davillain-
#23 Edited by DaVillain- (37500 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

@SolidGame_basic: You forgot Wreckfest out on XB1/PS4 on the 27th.

You had one job and you blew it.

You wanna know what else he forgot? SolidGame_basic, you totally forgot about Ion Fury (original named Ion Maiden) PC timely exclusive releasing August 15. Ion Fury, the Duke Nukem female I been waiting for and Ghost4ever will love this game ;)

Loading Video...

Avatar image for evil_loli
#24 Posted by Evil_Loli (174 posts) -

Life Is Strange 2 is only list for Xbox One.

Avatar image for dagubot
#25 Posted by dagubot (1370 posts) -

World of Warcraft: Classic is a big maybe. Aside from that, nothing really pops out for me for August.

Avatar image for ezekiel43
#26 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1703 posts) -

Apocalypse Now

Astral Chain, for lack of anything else. May get Control down the road.

Avatar image for madrocketeer
#27 Posted by madrocketeer (6633 posts) -

(Looks at sig image) Hmm. I have no idea...

Anyway, already pre-ordered Age of Wonders: Planetfall. Looking forward to dumping another 1,000+ hours into it.

Remnant: From the Ashes also look interesting. I've also been quietly looking forward to Control and Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, but because both have been gated off by a wall made from Epic's Fortnite mega-bucks, I think I'll wait.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
#28 Posted by jg4xchamp (61709 posts) -

Astral Chain. 30 faps is gross, and I doubt it stacks up favorably to DMC5, but I’ll take a good Platinum fix as a bit of a break from DMC5.

Avatar image for CTR360
#29 Edited by CTR360 (8719 posts) -

oninaki and life is strange episode for ps4 pro and control for xbox one x

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#30 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31440 posts) -

Age of Empires: DE and Ion Fury are the only games I'm interested in.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#31 Posted by I_P_Daily (12310 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

@SolidGame_basic: You forgot Wreckfest out on XB1/PS4 on the 27th.

You had one job and you blew it.

You wanna know what else he forgot? SolidGame_basic, you totally forgot about Ion Fury (original named Ion Maiden) PC timely exclusive releasing August 15. Ion Fury, the Duke Nukem female I been waiting for and Ghost4ever will love this game ;)

Loading Video...

Nah ghost will be playing the manly (but inferior) Doom, the game that has been recycling enemies for over 20yrs lol.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#32 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10267 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

@SolidGame_basic: You forgot Wreckfest out on XB1/PS4 on the 27th.

You had one job and you blew it.

You wanna know what else he forgot? SolidGame_basic, you totally forgot about Ion Fury (original named Ion Maiden) PC timely exclusive releasing August 15. Ion Fury, the Duke Nukem female I been waiting for and Ghost4ever will love this game ;)

Loading Video...

Nah ghost will be playing the manly (but inferior) Doom, the game that has been recycling enemies for over 20yrs lol.

and you will always be playing rehash forza over and over again on xbox with no change other than graphics.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#33 Edited by I_P_Daily (12310 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

@SolidGame_basic: You forgot Wreckfest out on XB1/PS4 on the 27th.

You had one job and you blew it.

You wanna know what else he forgot? SolidGame_basic, you totally forgot about Ion Fury (original named Ion Maiden) PC timely exclusive releasing August 15. Ion Fury, the Duke Nukem female I been waiting for and Ghost4ever will love this game ;)

Loading Video...

Nah ghost will be playing the manly (but inferior) Doom, the game that has been recycling enemies for over 20yrs lol.

and you will always be playing rehash forza over and over again on xbox with no change other than graphics.

Notice how you didn't argue what I said because you know its true lol.

I can play with over 400 cars in each of my Forza games, whereas you're stuck playing the same old generic Doom "guy" how exciting NOT. The next Doom must have a women as the lead to change things up as its been stale for over a decade :(

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#34 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10267 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

You wanna know what else he forgot? SolidGame_basic, you totally forgot about Ion Fury (original named Ion Maiden) PC timely exclusive releasing August 15. Ion Fury, the Duke Nukem female I been waiting for and Ghost4ever will love this game ;)

Loading Video...

Nah ghost will be playing the manly (but inferior) Doom, the game that has been recycling enemies for over 20yrs lol.

and you will always be playing rehash forza over and over again on xbox with no change other than graphics.

Notice how you didn't argue what I said because you know its true lol.

I can play with over 400 cars in each of my Forza games, whereas you're stuck playing the same old generic Doom "guy" how exciting NOT. The next Doom must have a women as the lead to change things up as its been stale for over a decade :(

400 cars but doing same racing over and over again. racing and sports games are same but change only rosters.

Doom donot release every year. last one was release in 2004 since then it release in 2016 and now sequel in 2019.

and atleast Doom games have amazing combat and shooting mechanics than any of bland open world games you praise that mostly have broken gameplay mechanics.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#35 Posted by I_P_Daily (12310 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

You wanna know what else he forgot? SolidGame_basic, you totally forgot about Ion Fury (original named Ion Maiden) PC timely exclusive releasing August 15. Ion Fury, the Duke Nukem female I been waiting for and Ghost4ever will love this game ;)

Loading Video...

Nah ghost will be playing the manly (but inferior) Doom, the game that has been recycling enemies for over 20yrs lol.

and you will always be playing rehash forza over and over again on xbox with no change other than graphics.

Notice how you didn't argue what I said because you know its true lol.

I can play with over 400 cars in each of my Forza games, whereas you're stuck playing the same old generic Doom "guy" how exciting NOT. The next Doom must have a women as the lead to change things up as its been stale for over a decade :(

400 cars but doing same racing over and over again. racing and sports games are same but change only rosters.

Doom donot release every year. last one was release in 2004 since then it release in 2016 and now sequel in 2019.

and atleast Doom games have amazing combat and shooting mechanics than any of bland open world games you praise that mostly have broken gameplay mechanics.

Actually no as you can create your own blueprints on Forza and travel anywhere and do anything, change liveries, setups etc, etc, etc, whereas you're stuck with just Doom guy lol.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#36 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10267 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

Actually no as you can create your own blueprints on Forza and travel anywhere and do anything, change liveries, setups etc, etc, etc, whereas you're stuck with just Doom guy lol.

Level design and shooting and movement. thats why we like Doom.

its different than many other AAA FPS which have regen health, cover system and aim down the sight. and thats why its one of the most beloved game and thats why sequel is one of the most hype one.

i just dont get your obssession with Doom if you hate it so much but then again, if i played Doom or any FPS on console. i would have hated them too because they suck on console with controller.

it doesnot matter what liveries you can change in forza. it just stuck on same looking tracks over and over again.

Avatar image for DocSanchez
#37 Edited by DocSanchez (5324 posts) -

None, which is fortunate for me right now.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#38 Posted by I_P_Daily (12310 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

Actually no as you can create your own blueprints on Forza and travel anywhere and do anything, change liveries, setups etc, etc, etc, whereas you're stuck with just Doom guy lol.

Level design and shooting and movement. thats why we like Doom.

its different than many other AAA FPS which have regen health, cover system and aim down the sight. and thats why its one of the most beloved game and thats why sequel is one of the most hype one.

i just dont get your obssession with Doom if you hate it so much but then again, if i played Doom or any FPS on console. i would have hated them too because they suck on console with controller.

it doesnot matter what liveries you can change in forza. it just stuck on same looking tracks over and over again.

Obviously you missed the part where I said blueprint, and you talk about the same tracks and yet you're stuck with the same levels on Doom, same weapons, enemies etc. No matter how you argue this you lose ghost, so lets not derail this thread anymore (I did have fun) but I was just responding to dav who was taking the piss out of you lol.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#39 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10267 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

No matter how you argue this you lose ghost, so lets not derail this thread anymore (I did have fun) but I was just responding to dav who was taking the piss out of you lol.

its you who derailed the thread first by bringing Doom into every irrelevant discussion.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#40 Posted by I_P_Daily (12310 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

No matter how you argue this you lose ghost, so lets not derail this thread anymore (I did have fun) but I was just responding to dav who was taking the piss out of you lol.

its you who derailed the thread first by bringing Doom into every irrelevant discussion.

I responded to dav who quoted me & brought your name into this discussion, so stop with your BS and look above. Yes I brought Doom into the discussion to further take the piss out of you, sorry you're a bit sensitive about this but i'm sure you will fall asleep on your Doom pillow while underneath you Doom sheets :)

Avatar image for sakaixx
#41 Posted by sakaiXx (5908 posts) -

Nothing. September is the real destination.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
#42 Posted by SecretPolice (35358 posts) -

What ever is offered on GamePass FTW. :P

Avatar image for baelnergal
#43 Posted by BaelNergal (570 posts) -

None of them, really. They're all kinda... meh.

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

@SolidGame_basic: You forgot Wreckfest out on XB1/PS4 on the 27th.

You had one job and you blew it.

You wanna know what else he forgot? SolidGame_basic, you totally forgot about Ion Fury (original named Ion Maiden) PC timely exclusive releasing August 15. Ion Fury, the Duke Nukem female I been waiting for and Ghost4ever will love this game ;)

Loading Video...

It's not Duke Nukem without the barely-dressed women, blatant sexism, and over-the-top jokes.

Avatar image for pmanden
#44 Posted by pmanden (687 posts) -

Nothing on that list. I'm gonna play some old games.

Avatar image for xantufrog
#45 Posted by xantufrog (11610 posts) -

Age of Wonders, definitely. Interested in Astral Chain and Control as well, but likely won't get them for a long time if I do

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#46 Posted by robert_sparkes (3228 posts) -

Astral chain looks great but have no switch until the lite. Control has me intereted but I still have quantum break in my backlog. This month I plan on digging into it.

Avatar image for robbie23
#47 Posted by Robbie23 (381 posts) -

I will pick up life is strange. Hopefully it will get better because part 2 has been pretty disappointing so far.

Avatar image for howmakewood
#48 Posted by Howmakewood (5950 posts) -

Astral Chain

Avatar image for with_teeth26
#49 Posted by with_teeth26 (9591 posts) -

Control, assuming the PC version isn't a mess.

i'll also get Wolfenstein since i'll be away when it comes out this friday

Avatar image for heathen75
#50 Posted by HEATHEN75 (777 posts) -

Nothing for me. Might grab Bard's Tale when it goes on sale for the holidays. My next game purchase will be Borderlands 3 in September.