What are your personal system sellers?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

You know what I mean- you see the game is about to come out, and you spring nothing less than a few hundred dollars to buy whatever system it is on. Sometimes, you will spend all that money just for that one game. It doesn't matter if it seems expensive- that's just how much you adore those games.

What are your personal system sellers, and why?

Here's mine:

• The Legend of Zelda
    If nothing else manages to convince me, the prospect of Zelda will always have me pick up a Nintendo
  • Mario Kart
    The last three Nintendo systems I have bought, I was sold on by Mario Kart.
  • Pokemon
    If I am buying a handheld, chances are, I am buying it because of Pokemon
  • The Elder Scrolls
    I will legitimately pass on buying a new Zelda game for a new Elder Scrolls game if I have to
  • Persona
    I am willing to spend in excess of $500 to play a new Persona game. This is, quite literally, not an exaggeration. The only reason I still keep my PS4 around is because Persona 5 is a thing, and is coming up.
  • Metroid Prime
    Almost everything that I can think of would be superceded by a new Metroid Prime game

And now, here are some lapsed system sellers. By this, I mean they used to be system sellers for me, but no longer are, at least for now:

• Fable
    I loved Fable and Fable II- they might be among my favorite Xbox games of all time. But Fable III and everything that followed was so spectacularly shitty, I have lost all interest in the franchise by this point.
  • God of War
    God of War, God of War II, and Chains of Olympus are among my favorite games of all time. Literally every single game that follows in the franchise was an abomination at worst, and flat out disappointing at best. I will still get excited for a new God of War game- but the franchise has to regain my trust.
  • Final Fantasy
    Nothing hurts me like this one- at one time, Final Fantasy was on the same level as Zelda for me, today, I can't help but wonder what the catch is each time a new one is announced. XIV was great, and Episode Duscae was amazing- by all accounts, XV will be the game that restores my faith. Until it does, however, this series is firmly in the relegation category.
Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Zelda, Pokemon, and Halo all come to mind- my 3 favorite franchises. Halo not so much anymore though

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Pokemon, Mario Kart, Smash.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Infamous Second Son - PS4

Heavy Rain - PS3

Halo 3 - 360

Better DVD drive - Xbox

Devil May Cry - PS2

Driver - PS1

Mario 64 - N64

Super Mario World - SNES

Half Life - PC

Phantasy Star Online - Dreamcast

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

The Last Of Us- Ps3/Ps4

BloodBorne- Ps4

Thats it.(As I get every multiplat game on PC so it doesn't need to be a system seller for me)

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Sonic - Genesis, Game Gear, SEGA CD, SEGA 32X, Dreamcast

Rogue Squadron - N64

Halo CE - Xbox

Pokemon - Game Boy, Game Boy Color

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Nintendo: Mario (3d adventure), Zelda, Metroid.

Sony: Quantic Dream games.

Microsoft: Halo, Forza, Remedy.

PC: Games are so cheap that the system buys itself.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#8 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Nintendo: Bayonetta.

Sony: Uncharted.

Xbox: Anything from Remedy (As far as I'm concerned their games interest me way more than anything available on Nintendo or Sony consoles).

PC: Blizzard Entertainment, Creative Assembly, CD Projekt, Old Valve and Relic Entertainment.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

So... is this yet another "what's your favourite game on each system"?

The only game that sells me a system by itself is Pokemon.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

New PC: WoW need best resolution on it / Diablo 3 / Dota / CSS / Starcraft need best resolution on it mouse keyboard support

XB1: CoD: AW / MCC

PS4: Bloodborne / Destiny

Xbox 360: Skyrim / GTA 4 / GTA 5 / FF13 / Fable 2 / Halo Anniversary

PS2: everything literally had everything my 2nd most bought games on console

Xbox: Halo/Fable

SNES: Yoshi Island / Turtles in Time / FF2 / FF3 / Earthbound / SMRPG / DKC / LTTP / Mario Kart

N64: OOT (didn't buy n64 myself played my brothers and at friends house but bought OOT and rented a crapton of games for it same with cube)

NES: mario 1-3 / zelda

PS1: everything bought more games here then anywhere else

GBA: SNES remasters

GB: pokemon / links awakening / mario 1-2

3DS: N64 remasters

PSP: FF7 Crisis core / FFT War of lions / FF4 Remake

Vita: playstation remasters

Atari: didnt buy it but was given it but i would def buy it for moon patrol and pitfall

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I'll put my own preferences of games for which i bought the following consoles :

PS 2 - God of War 1 and 2, Metal Gear 2 :Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear 3 : Snake eater, Resident Evil 4, Grand Theft Auto Vice City Sories and Liberty City stories , BLACK , Timesplitters 3, Killzone,

PS 3- Killzone Trilogy, Resistance Trilogy, Unchartered Trilogy, Metal Gear Solid 4, The Last of Us

Xbox 360 - Perfect Dark Zero, Dead rising, Crackdown 1 and 2, Saints Row, Burnout Revenge HD, Halo 3 Trilogy , Gears of War 3 Trilogy

OTHERS : HD classics on PS 3 and 360

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

I'll buy every Nintendo system, so I'm not gonna list all of those games lol..

But for me the one "True" system seller for me is Kingdom Hearts. The only reason I owned a PSP was to play Kingdom Hearts.. It is the one series that forces me to go out a buy whatever system its on.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

A console existing is enough for me, I don't get into the trivial commoner drivel of waiting for their to be an 'it' IP to get a system, they will come eventually on each and every platform so there's absolutely no point in waiting on the hardware.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Tomb Raider and anything made by Platinum Games.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Tomb Raider and anything made by Platinum Games.

get dat xb1 then Scalebound / Tomb Raider incoming sorry PC/ps4

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

There is none actually. What I'm going to say is probably going to make ignorant fanboys laugh but I chose Xbox because of huge variety it's striving for and not because of Forza / Halo / Gears / Fable. I just happen to play those games but I'm very eclectic so they're not the only games I'm looking forward to.

Besides,if I had to pick I'd say Metroid for Nintendo and most of their 1st party.

As far as Sony is concerned, my beloved franchises are long gone and there is none that I'm actually keen on. I'd only want Bloodborne, but that's it.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

DS and 3DS - Pokemon

PS3 - Got a free PS3 with my TV a few years ago but I would have bought one just for MGS4 or Uncharted 2

X360 - Gears of War 3, Halo Reach

PS4 - If I didn't already have a PS4 I would have bought one just for Uncharted 4

XONE - Honestly there isn't anything at the moment to justify my purchase of the XO at launch. I couldn't get a PS4 due to lack of supply so I ended up getting a XO.

4KPC - The Witcher 3 - Yes, last year I built a 4K capable PC in anticipation for The Witcher 3. Hopefully my dual ROG 780Ti can crank it up to 1440P max settings and maintain 60FPS.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#18 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts
  • Almost all of Ninty's franchises.
  • Metal Gear
  • Atlus' SMT games and its spin-offs
remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#20 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

My personal series system sellers are:

• Sony: The Last of Us, Persona (traditionally PlayStation exclusive)
  • Multiplats: Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear, Grand Theft Auto, Dead Rising, Resident Evil, Mass Effect, etc.
  • PC: Valve games, Blizzard games, Civilization, CRPGS, Warhammer, Total War, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
  • Xbox: Gears, Perfect Dark, Fable
  • Nintendo: Monster Hunter, Smash bros, Fire Emblem, Metroid

Honorable mentions

• a new KOTOR, or Shenmue .....automatic system seller for me :)
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@ProtossX said:

get dat xb1 then Scalebound / Tomb Raider incoming sorry PC/ps4

Gots dat.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

These are the games that i will not only always buy day 1 but would also buy a system for ( In no order):

• Ratchet and Clank
  • Uncharted ( or anything made by Naughty Dogs )
  • Final Fantasy
  • Disagaea ( pretty much most NISA games )
  • Persona
  • Infamous
  • Jak and Daxter
  • Anything by Quantic Dreams
  • anything by media molecule

hence why i always go PlayStation only

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

I'd usually say Zelda but I did skip on a Wii so...

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

I don't know if there are any system sellers around anymore. I turned into a PC gamer when Phantasy Star Online 2 was announced and Bayonetta 2 being announced for Wii U got me to pick that up but honestly unless there was a western console release of Phantasy Star Online 2 I can't imagine spending $350+ on a console for anything...maybe Bayonetta 3

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

There are no single games. I want a big array of good games of different types before I "Jump In".s)

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

PC - Football Manager, Total War, Civilization, Blizzard Games, Space Sims (Elite, Eve, Star Citizen)

Ps4 -

X1 - Tomb Raider, Screamride, Halo, Forza, (if I had the spare cash now, id buy an X1)

Wii U - Zelda

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

The first Halo sold me on Xbox. Since then the Sony switch has been "off".

Arma II sold me on building my gaming PC.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Mario Kart, Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, SSB - all system sellers for Nintendo consoles.

PlayStation: From Software games, Ratchet&Clank, Naughty Dog games, God of War, Team Ico games (if they ever make any new ones)

Xbox: Forza, Halo, Gears of War

Multiplat system sellers:

• Elder Scrolls
  • Final Fantasy
  • Witcher
  • Assassin's Creed
  • GTA
  • COD
  • Battlefield
  • FIFA/Madden/NBA
  • Bioshock
  • Mass Effect
  • Anything Valve.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

System seller: the device has game or games I want to play.

I bought a 3DS for Fire Emblem, was somewhat disappointed by it, but Link Between Worlds was legit as ****.
I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne, game is legit as ****
I Bought a WiiU for Bayonetta 2, game is legit as ****, plus I got to play Kamiya's latest as well which is legit, just not as ****
I bought a Xbox One under the assumption, one day it will earn daddy's love. Still waiting for that.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

There's none. I buy a console because there's a library of games i want to play. I bought a WII U mainly for Bayonetta, but SM3DW, Smash, MK8, DK:TF, etc, were necessary to make me want it.

When the ps4 gathers some more quality games like Bloodborne, i'll buy it. Otherwise, i'll wait for the right price. I already have tons of games on my PC.

@jg4xchamp said:

I bought a 3DS for Fire Emblem, was somewhat disappointed by it, but Link Between Worlds was legit as ****.

I Bought a WiiU for Bayonetta 2, game is legit as ****, plus I got to play Kamiya's latest as well which is legit, just not as ****

I bought a Xbox One under the assumption, one day it will earn daddy's love. Still waiting for that.

I'm hoping Scalebound turns out great. Despite the trailer being CG, it seems they're going for their trademark "that's fucking nuts" moments with all the dragons, hydras and shit.

Better see some gameplay at E3.

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts

@finalstar2007:

I could never do that, playing only what Sony has to offer, I'd never survive as a gamer

I hate missing out on all the big games on other systems, I just couldn't do it

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

-Pikmin: It's still one of the most unique franchises around. It combines RTS with action adventure perfectly. I love trying to become more efficient to cut down on speed run times. Its design is impeccable and bettering yourself is exceptionally rewarding.

-Anything Retro Studio makes: Metroid Prime is an exceptionally well crafted action adventure series with attention to detail rarely ever seen in this industry. Retro then proved they weren't a one trick pony when they made Donkey Kong Country returns. I consider it the best Wii game ever made and one of the best platformers of all time. Retro's attention to detail an pitch perfect level design is untouched yet again. So far this studio is 5 for 5.

-Smash Bros.: One of the greatest multiplayer franchises out there. It's perhaps the best multiplayer for accommodating the largest range of players. There are enough settings to make the game enjoyable for the most casual player to the most competitive player and it's exceedingly fun any way you play it.

-Mario: I love platformers to death and Mario simply never misses. Every time one of his main line games releases, you know it'll be of the utmost quality and offer hours of pure enjoyment.

-Batman Arkham: Rocksteady really reminds me of Retro studios right now. They show the same kind of love and attention to detail in their craft. Batman Arkham City really showed that this studio should be considered one of the best in our industry right now. AC is incredibly ambitious, but managed to nail every single one of its many aspects. The main reason I have a PS4 right now is for Arkham Knight. I hope it delivers.

I think these are some of the major ones, but I'm pretty sure I'd buy the console if Metroid, Zelda, or Punch-Out!! released on it as well.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

When I was younger god of war and final fantasy where my big I guess you could say system sellers. Same with Metal gear, but I've changed in those years and I now enjoy variety, and the term system seller doesn't apply to me anymore as I would never be willing to buy a $400 dollar system for a single series or even a couple of signature ones I super enjoyed. I've learned to love variety and new experiences and so far nothing but pc is offering me anything remotely resembling constant change and improvement of the industry and the games they make and sell whilst showing the largest variety of experiences.

I went from owning and playing 80% consoles 20% pc f2p and RTS games, to owning no consoles and playing 100% pc gaming (Built one). Variety and choice made that an easy decision, and Sony and Microsoft don't seem to be making me regret in any form that choice. For pc though, Company of heroes, Total war, Civ, and bf are probs my top. Though I play all types as who knows what I'll end up liking.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

Its very very rare that one game would make me seriously think about getting a platform or upgrading my PC just for that game.

xenoblade chronicles X. once i saw that i knew i was getting a wiiu. it was just a question of when. i like nintendos games as well so i knew it wouldnt just be a xenoblade machine for me. but even if it was i would probably still take the plunge just for that game.

wind waker pushed me to getting a gamecube.

ultima 9 ascension forced me into a ram upgrade. i thought that maybe it would be better if i had more ram. it wasn't :(.

wii sports resort pushed me into getting a wiimotion +. it had sword fighting...i had to have a go. bloody brilliant it was too.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

For Xbox its always been Halo - MCC was literally a dream come true for me.

For Playstation its anything Naughty Dog puts out - just a pity my PS4 will have so sit collecting dust until next year.

For Nintendo I would've said Zelda but TP and SS were mediocre - still the new one looks really promising without gimmicky motion controls.

Also Pokemon for their handhelds.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#36 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

PS- used to be MGS. But I can get that on other platforms now, so GoW, Uncharted.

X1- Halo. Fable- I liked 3, it wasn't as good as 1&2 and reviews showed that, but in usual gamer unreliable fashion people call it shit. It didn't go from great to shit. Fable 3 is merely good and the only reason to hate the journey is hating Kinect, because the game was quite responsive and fun. FH I have fallen in love with. Remedy games. I don't want to wait until they go to PC. I play them day one and enjoy them.

Nintendo- Zelda or Metroid which they seem to have left behind.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Just a pity my PS4 will have so sit collecting dust until next year.

No harm giving Bloodborne a go...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

There's none. I buy a console because there's a library of games i want to play. I bought a WII U mainly for Bayonetta, but SM3DW, Smash, MK8, DK:TF, etc, were necessary to make me want it.

When the ps4 gathers some more quality games like Bloodborne, i'll buy it. Otherwise, i'll wait for the right price. I already have tons of games on my PC.

@jg4xchamp said:

I'm hoping Scalebound turns out great. Despite the trailer being CG, it seems they're going for their trademark "that's fucking nuts" moments with all the dragons, hydras and shit.

Better see some gameplay at E3.

Yeah man, Kamiya is a beast, Platinum is my jam, so I'm really excited for it if only because it should in theory be different from a straight forward beat-em up. Even Wonderful 101 was pretty different, albeit in a similar structure as Revengeance/Bayonetta.

The rest of the Xbox's lineup is interesting in the sense that I'm sure it'll be a good game
-More fucking Halo: Halo's multiplayer is usually pretty good. Halo 4 wasn't my cup of tea, but I enjoyed the Halo 5 beta.
-Quantom Break: Remedy is good, but I get the sense that studio from a gameplay/design perspective peaked at Max Payne 1 and 2.
-More fucking Forza: Good racing games
-More fucking Gears: Good shooters all things considered, at the least I dug Gears 3 mp, so I'm looking forward to Gears 4 MP.

But, nothing besides the notion of a Kamiya/Platinum game is getting me all that excited for a game exclusive to that box.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

NES: Contra, Battletoads

Genesis: Road Rash 3, Gunstar Heroes

SNES: FF6, Chrono Trigger

PS1: Silent Hill, Tekken 3

PS2: Shadow Of Colossus, FF10, MGS3

PS3: MGS4, Heavy Rain

X360: GTA4, RDR

PSP: FF7 Crisis Core, Patapon

3DS: Bravely Default, Fire Emblem

VITA: Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary

PS4: MGSV (now it's coming to PC, ****, i'll play Uncharted 4, i guess)

X1: Quantum Break (probably coming to PC anyway)

PC: Starcraft 2, Red Orchestra 2, Dota 2

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Bought a ____ for:

• PS: Syphon Filter and Driver
  • GB: Pokemon Blue
  • PS2: Gran Turismo 3
  • DS: Metroid: Fusion and Zero Mission
  • Wii: Twilight Princess and Corruption
  • 360: Dead Rising and Forza Motorsport 2
  • PSP: DJ MAX Portable
  • PS3: nothing, it was a multiplat console for me
  • Wii U: Mario Kart 8
Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41  Edited By deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Just about any major Nintendo game, Elder Scrolls, (though I buy that on PC so... yeah) BioWare games, (though mostly just Mass Effect and Dragon Age) Spyro the Dragon, (a real successor though not that Skylanders crap) Crash Bandicoot, and I guess Halo though I have to buy an Xbox system.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

PS4: Bloodborne, Guilty Gear, Infamous Second Son, Driveclub, Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank, Tearaway, Gran Turismo 7, Street Fighter V

Xbox One: Halo 5, Scalebound, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Forza 6, Gears Of War 4

WiiU: 3D World, Bayonetta 2, Smash WiiU, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, DKTF, Zelda U, Star Fox WiiU

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@Cloud_imperium said:

Nintendo: Bayonetta.

Sony: Uncharted.

Xbox: Anything from Remedy (As far as I'm concerned their games interest me way more than anything available on Nintendo or Sony consoles).

PC: Blizzard Entertainment, Creative Assembly, CD Projekt, Old Valve and Relic Entertainment.

Unless of course Remedy didn't have a thing for bringing their games to PC after a while. Then your opinion would be slightly different. I've got to give it to you, you're the most dedicated PC guy on these boards.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@jg4xchamp: Yup. I also was hoping for Phantom Dust, since i never played it on the OGxbox and the idea looks cool. Shame about development.

Never played Halo beyond 1, so the MCC for the sake of the campaigns is on my radar. And FH2 looks good too.

There's still Crackdown 3, but never played the other ones either.

Hoping Scalebound and Crackdown both end up great.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7266 Posts

I've never bought a console for 1 game, but there were a few that tipped the scale for me:

Had been on the fence about getting a Dreamcast before spending a day at a friends house playing Soul Calibur and Power Stone.

Knew I wanted a Gamecube eventually, it was the Wind Waker bundle for $150 that got me.

I probably would have waited a few more years to buy a PS3 had it not been for Brutal Legend and Mirror's Edge.

Bayonetta 2 was the game that made me decide I will get a Wii U eventually but have not yet done so. Xenoblade might be the one that makes me do it for real. A new F-Zero definitely would.

Mirro's Edge 2 might convince me to get a current gen console or upgrade my PC, assuming they don't make it too combat focused in order to broaden it's appeal. If Capcom hired Platinum Games to make a new Viewtiful Joe, I would buy a system for that.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

I would never buy a system just for one game. I consider a system's entire game library before making my choice.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

There is single game that would be able to make me buy a system.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Zelda, Pikmin, SMT franchise (Persona included), Halo, and main Pokemon games.

B_rich84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By B_rich84
Member since 2013 • 367 Posts

Almost all of Nintendo's IP's could be considered system sellers for me but I would have to go with Zelda.

Final Fantasy absolutely used to be for me but after the XIII series I still need faith restored. Funny thing is, Final Fantasy was the system seller for me with the Vita. I wanted a way to have all my old FF titles and the Vita with it's gorgeous OLED screen was the perfect device (screw you sony with your stupid overpriced cards, i had to spend $50 just for a damn SD card).

The Witcher is now considered one with me. I upgraded my system for The Witcher 2 (sli 580's about 6 months before release) and The Witcher 3 ( sli 970's) by spending more than $500 each time.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

3DO - Road Rash 3DO, Madden 3DO, Need for Speed

N64 - Wave Race 64

P2-266 with Voodoo 2 SLI - Quake 2

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ with ATI X800XL PC - Battlefield 2