What are your latest game pickups and preorders?

• 88 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

Game/Hardware purchases:

Nintendo Switch

• Tetris Effect (Switch) - $23
  • Mega Man 11 (Switch) - $10
  • Mega Man Zero Collect (Switch) - $15
  • AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES (Switch) - $7.50
  • Capcom Fighting Collection - $40
  • 8bit Sn30 Controller - $40

PS Plus

• Ys 8 - free!
  • Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - free!
  • Bloodstained Ritual of the Night - free!

Merchandise:

Other

• DMC 5 Official Artbook
  • Bayonetta Funko Box

Pre-Orders:

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Valkyrie Elysium (with limited Steelbook!)

What a time to be a gamer! I will definitely be making more preorders soon, like God of War Ragnarok. How can you not preorder this game? Hypemeter is through the roof! And also Bayonetta of course. Insta-buy.

How about you, SW? What are your latest game pickups and preorders?

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#2 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2948 Posts

Recently got GamePass for the rest of the year for a whopping dollar

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

PC: Got F7 Remake (very enjoyable overall) and Sunbreak (havent started. need to finish the base game first.).

Switch: Xenoblade 3 is on pre-order.

Thats about it. My next big purchase is PC upgrade but prices were I am are still not at a place i am happy with. the RTX 3080 12GB and 6800XT are just not dropping in price much. At this stage i think i am just going to wait until next gen GPUs arrive.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#4 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch) - On a sale for about $45 at local Best Buy. Also have Wii U original

Capcom Fighting Collection (Switch) - It was $40 and I wanted to play Darkstalkers finally (maining Morrigan after being so used to her with crossovers when it's not Ryu and Chun Li)

Onimusha Warlords Remastered (Steam) - Part of Steam sale, also have the Switch version and PS2 original

Azure Striker Gunvolt (Steam) - Part of Steam sale, also own physically on 3DS and Switch.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadows - Mirror of Fate (Steam) - Part of Steam sale, also have digitally on 360

On pre-order:

TMNT: Shredder's Revenge (Switch) - Limited Run

Klonoa Phantasy Reverie (Switch) - Importing from UK, because Namco Bandai screwed the pooch with us Americans.

Somewhat gaming related note: Marvel's "Secret Reverse" by Kazuki Takahashi. RIP...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44154 Posts

My latest gaming purchases, within the last month, have been:

- PS5 Disc based system bundled with Horizon Forbidden West

- Capcom Fighting Collection (Xbox)

- Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (Switch)

- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (Switch)

Current pre-orders:

- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch)

- Capcom Arcade Stadium 2nd (Xbox)

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Imagine buying video games when you have Elden Ring. Jesus.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5248 Posts

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. Recently completed the Azure Gleam (Dimitri) storyline and now going through the Golden Wildfire (Claude) storyline.

Very unhappy with the ending of the Azure Gleam story as there are so many questions left unanswered.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen said:

Imagine having only one game to play 😬

@nintendoboy16 said:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch) - On a sale for about $45 at local Best Buy. Also have Wii U original

Capcom Fighting Collection (Switch) - It was $40 and I wanted to play Darkstalkers finally (maining Morrigan after being so used to her with crossovers when it's not Ryu and Chun Li)

Onimusha Warlords Remastered (Steam) - Part of Steam sale, also have the Switch version and PS2 original

Azure Striker Gunvolt (Steam) - Part of Steam sale, also own physically on 3DS and Switch.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadows - Mirror of Fate (Steam) - Part of Steam sale, also have digitally on 360

On pre-order:

TMNT: Shredder's Revenge (Switch) - Limited Run

Klonoa Phantasy Reverie (Switch) - Importing from UK, because Namco Bandai screwed the pooch with us Americans.

Somewhat gaming related note: Marvel's "Secret Reverse" by Kazuki Takahashi. RIP...

Oh yeah, I picked up Capcom Fighting Collection too!

Was thinking about importing Klonoa as well. Which site did you use? I know PlayAsia has it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hardwenzen

ER is like a wife. You only need one🙃

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nintendoboy16

@SolidGame_basic: Video Games Plus. A Canadian website. I have my own reservations on buying from Play-Asia right now...

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidGame_basic

@nintendoboy16 said:

@SolidGame_basic: Video Games Plus. A Canadian website. I have my own reservations on buying from Play-Asia right now...

😮 what happened?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

nothing...i'm smart. With inflation being so high at 10-15%, it literally means your getting a 10-15% discount on your debt. Now is the BEST time to go HARD and pay down your debts. Thats what i'm doing, and i'm sure those rich fat banksters aren't happy with me. Seeing how fast they are raising interest rates to try and bring down inflation, it looks like they're getting scared with the number of people paying down their debts. But these banksters can go eff themselves.

If metroid prime remaster comes through though and it turns out decent, well all my financial responsibility goes out the window. This holiday season is looking like its going to be hard on my wallet.

P.S, I thank you for spending hard on games and keeping inflation high, so it gives me more time to whack my debts hard.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nintendoboy16

@SolidGame_basic: Like I said, personal reasons as there are things PA's leadership endorses that just don't sit well with me. But that's for another forum.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Playing village....for now.

Just bought ghost of tswhatever

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

ER is like a wife. You only need one🙃

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Can put up with one*

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1244 Posts

Gamepass has been giving me so much games, so that.

If really paid, I got Ready or Not.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#17  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

Watchdogs 1 and Watchdogs 2 bundle for $19.

I tried Watchdogs 1 on PC and thought it was okay. 10 bucks a game looked really good to me.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Cuphead and Disco Elysium in the Steam sale. My next purchase will be Xeno 3.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

I think the last game I pre-ordered was Modern Warfare 3, with that Elite service that I never got to use. That was a waste.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Pre-ordered Saints Row for the Xbox Series X.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SolidGame_basic

@brimmul777 said:

Pre-ordered Saints Row for the Xbox Series X.

It’s kind of like a sleeper title right now. No one’s talking about it lol.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Yeah I agree with that. No hype whatsoever. I’m hoping it’s going to be good.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Bought a few games on XSX... Tony Hawk's PS 1/2, GTA Trilogy & Timesplitters 2.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 734 Posts

I'm trying to chill out with preorders these days. The backlog is out of control and I'm beginning to adopt the gaming services. I think the last thing I preordered was HFW.

PS5 is all about PS Plus. I am absolutely looking forward to Stray. I also downloaded The Outer Wilds, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Returnal. Currently I've been playing a lot of Dead Cells though.

On my XSX I have been playing some Sniper Elite 5 and House Flipper.

For the Steam Sale I got Satisfactory and Vault of the Void. A friend gifted me Have a Nice Death today as well.

Nothing on the Switch atm but I've been side-eyeing Mario and Rabbids for a few months.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

TLoU Remake. Can’t wait!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen

I just can't believe people are pre ordering video games. I could understand if it was some casual on twitter that doesn't any better, but being nerdy enough to waste time on gaming forums, and still being clueless enough to pre order games as if they'll be sold out or something. What a shame.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

@hardwenzen: Sometimes, one wife is one wife too many. Lol.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

I borrowed Terminator Resistance for free and have played it for a couple of hours now. It is not quite as bad as I had expected. Sneaking around searching for loot while avoiding the terminators is pretty fun. It reminds me of Fallout, one of my facorite franchises.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic

Hmmm.. this seems interesting 🧐

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#30 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I recently picked up Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series (PS4) and Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia Echos (3DS)

Simonthekid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 Simonthekid7
Member since 2014 • 981 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

nothing...i'm smart. With inflation being so high at 10-15%, it literally means your getting a 10-15% discount on your debt. Now is the BEST time to go HARD and pay down your debts. Thats what i'm doing, and i'm sure those rich fat banksters aren't happy with me. Seeing how fast they are raising interest rates to try and bring down inflation, it looks like they're getting scared with the number of people paying down their debts. But these banksters can go eff themselves.

If metroid prime remaster comes through though and it turns out decent, well all my financial responsibility goes out the window. This holiday season is looking like its going to be hard on my wallet.

P.S, I thank you for spending hard on games and keeping inflation high, so it gives me more time to whack my debts hard.

yeah but..unless your wage or salary (or other income) increases as much as the inflation, you do not actually get more money yourself. The debts you have are the same but 10 000 dollars for example is worth less now than a year ago in terms of what you get for the money. But the same thing could be said about the money you earn in wages or get. They are also worth less so unless your salary increased you are actually not getting richer. So inflation is a bit like a double edged sword perhaps because it makes your debts less "valuable" but it also makes the money ou earn less valuable. So i do not know if now is such a great time to pay off debts if your salary is not increasing at the same pace as the inflation.

And your debt is like a fixed amount (usually) so a year from now it will still be the same, regardless of the inflation so there is no rush really to pay off the debt. Unless there is deflation of course when money gains value which would happen if prices decreased.

For example if everything got 10% cheaper then money would be worth more. And as a consequence, in theory, the wages would drop too. In theory.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 940 Posts

Lego humble bundle of two games for 1€ and Dungeons II Complete on Fanatical for also 1€

I've been cheap lately but I cant pass on a deal even if I dont intend on playing these games anytime soon...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nintendoboy16

@hardwenzen said:

I just can't believe people are pre ordering video games. I could understand if it was some casual on twitter that doesn't any better, but being nerdy enough to waste time on gaming forums, and still being clueless enough to pre order games as if they'll be sold out or something. What a shame.

I mean, for cult games like Klonoa...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen

@nintendoboy16 said:
@hardwenzen said:

I mean, for cult games like Klonoa...

I am hardcore undergroud Fromsoft cultist. I don't preorder their games. Let that sink.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen: plenty of reasons to preorder. If you're a physical gamer, you can have it shipped and delivered to your house on day 1. You also get preorder bonuses. Sometimes there's a special edition (good luck trying to get God of War Ragnarok Collector's Edition without preordering). Also, if you change your mind, you can just return the game (for retail purchases it can't be opened, but I think for digital, don't some stores allow you play it for like an hour or so?)

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:

@hardwenzen: plenty of reasons to preorder. If you're a physical gamer, you can have it shipped and delivered to your house on day 1. You also get preorder bonuses. Sometimes there's a special edition (good luck trying to get God of War Ragnarok Collector's Edition without preordering). Also, if you change your mind, you can just return the game (for retail purchases it can't be opened, but I think for digital, don't some stores allow you play it for like an hour or so?)

The "being delivered on day one" is very often a failure. They can arrive days late, and that's not cool. Visiting your local bestbuy or whatever guarantees you getting the game on day one. Changing your mind is not a reason to preorder lol

Pre ordering has zero advantages. I laughable, actually.

On PC, if you're preordering months in advance, you can get $25+ discounts, and that is certainly worthy of a preorder. On consoles its a big fat joke because they know there's a bunch of clueless dudebros that simply don't know any better.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts
@simonthekid7 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

yeah but..unless your wage or salary (or other income) increases as much as the inflation, you do not actually get more money yourself. The debts you have are the same but 10 000 dollars for example is worth less now than a year ago in terms of what you get for the money. But the same thing could be said about the money you earn in wages or get. They are also worth less so unless your salary increased you are actually not getting richer. So inflation is a bit like a double edged sword perhaps because it makes your debts less "valuable" but it also makes the money ou earn less valuable. So i do not know if now is such a great time to pay off debts if your salary is not increasing at the same pace as the inflation.

And your debt is like a fixed amount (usually) so a year from now it will still be the same, regardless of the inflation so there is no rush really to pay off the debt. Unless there is deflation of course when money gains value which would happen if prices decreased.

For example if everything got 10% cheaper then money would be worth more. And as a consequence, in theory, the wages would drop too. In theory.

well im cutting back on spendings, working a 2nd job and paying down my debts. My money might be worth less, but that only really matters if you're spending. When it comes to groceries, I stick to staples that haven't increased in price much. Rent hasn't increased much because of rent controls. The only thing thats impacted me is the increase in gas prices, but even with that I drive around in a prius LOL. The sanctions on russia have hurt the entire world, but thankfully i'm in a relatively good position where I don't need to worry about these things as much. I'm not planning on making ANY big ticket purchases. Just go hard and pay down my debt, its the best time to do so when you're getting such a fantastic discount.

By the time inflation settles, i should have settled 100% of all my outstanding debts. I expect to clear it all in 3 or 4 months time.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SolidGame_basic
@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

The "being delivered on day one" is very often a failure. They can arrive days late, and that's not cool. Visiting your local bestbuy or whatever guarantees you getting the game on day one. Changing your mind is not a reason to preorder lol

On PC, if you're preordering months in advance, you can get $25+ discounts, and that is certainly worthy of a preorder. On consoles its a big fat joke because they know there's a bunch of clueless dudebros that simply don't know any better.

Whaaa. Going to your local store does not guarantee you a copy. Again, good luck trying to get GoW Ragnarok Collector's Edition without preordering. Also, have fun driving to a local Best Buy and competing with people for the copies they have, instead of just having it delivered to your house lol. Usually it will tell you at checkout if it's release day shipping or not. Also, gas is expensive!

There are discounts and preorder bonuses for console games too.

What I mean by changing your mind is if you decide you don't want the game, just return it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Whaaa. Going to your local store does not guarantee you a copy. Again, good luck trying to get GoW Ragnarok Collector's Edition without preordering. Also, have fun driving to a local Best Buy and competing with people for the copies they have, instead of just having it delivered to your house lol. Usually it will tell you at checkout if it's release day shipping or not. Also, gas is expensive!

What I mean by changing your mind is if you decide you don't want the game, just return it.

A copy of the game=/=limited edition. If you're into collecting toys and a bunch of useless plastic, yes, pre ordering is needed, especially for popular titles. But that's not what i am referring to.

What are the discounts and bonuses? Please share.

Here's a mind blowing idea for you. IF you change your mind about a game, you simply don't go on day one to buy it🤭You don't even need to return anything because you have changed your mind, and didn't buy it to begin with.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

A copy of the game=/=limited edition. If you're into collecting toys and a bunch of useless plastic, yes, pre ordering is needed, especially for popular titles. But that's not what i am referring to.

Here's a mind blowing idea for you. IF you change your mind about a game, you simply don't go on day one to buy it🤭You don't even need to return anything because you have changed your mind, and didn't buy it to begin with.

Even standard edition games can be sold out on Day 1. This is common knowledge lol.

Shop around. Your favorite store Best Buy has preorder bonuses https://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-games/exclusive-pre-order-bonuses/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002 If you have a store card, you'll also get 5% back.

Gamestop has preorder bonuses. Sometimes they give you bonus trade in credit too. I've ordered from them a couple times recently and got my games at my door in the morning of launch day.

PSN/Xbox/E-Shop sometimes offers discounts on games if you preorder.

If you're into grey market stores, check the console section.

Plenty of places to find deals!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Even standard edition games can be sold out on Day 1. This is common knowledge lol.

Shop around. Your favorite store Best Buy has preorder bonuses https://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-games/exclusive-pre-order-bonuses/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002 If you have a store card, you'll also get 5% back.

Gamestop has preorder bonuses. Sometimes they give you bonus trade in credit too. I've ordered from them a couple times recently and got my games at my door in the morning of launch day.

PSN/Xbox/E-Shop sometimes offers discounts on games if you preorder.

If you're into grey market stores, check the console section.

Plenty of places to find deals!

Are we still in 2004? This is not the Halo 2 days. No such thing as sold out. I have not seen any sold out titles (on day one) since 2004, so lets calm down.

Saving 5% can be done by purchasing normally.

Why is Gamespot even in the conversation? They give you some ugly green weapon you will throw away within 30 minutes, and that's an incentive? Come on, that's a teenager's logic.

PSN/xbl/eshop are already selling you games at an incredibly overpriced price tag. Not only are they not discounting them by default because boxes, manual and discs are not a thing, but actual sales happen once per century. Buying from these three is the last option i would take over anything else.

Simonthekid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 Simonthekid7
Member since 2014 • 981 Posts

@hardwenzen: They have sales sometimes. I also get the deals with gold deals which are not the regular sales but something just for gold members.

But i think for the most part the sales are on quite old games and not brand new ones. So if you are into buying brand new games, you might find better sales in the stores.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Preordering hardware is a necessity

Preordering collectors editions of games makes sense

Preordering games to gain beta/early access is a slippery slope

Preordering standard/digital versions of games is stupid. Stop it…

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen

@simonthekid7 said:

@hardwenzen: They have sales sometimes. I also get the deals with gold deals which are not the regular sales but something just for gold members.

But i think for the most part the sales are on quite old games and not brand new ones. So if you are into buying brand new games, you might find better sales in the stores.

And if you want old games, get a used copy, and it will barely cost you anything. Buying digital from psn has zero advantages.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44154 Posts

I preorder games because I can and because I want to. It’s just that simple. 🤷‍♂️

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SolidGame_basic

@Archangel3371: and just like that, you rekt him!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Archangel3371: and just like that, you rekt him!

Me and my dad we work for EA. We love him.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen: prove it that you work for EA 😎

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:

@hardwenzen: prove it that you work for EA 😎

I can send you a free Apex skin if you want.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen: where do I preorder to get the free skin?