What are your biggest gaming history let downs?

• 71 results
Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

This is going to be a depressing thread but let out your biggest frustrating gaming history disappointments this could be about anything from bad sequels to cancelled games what are the worst let downs in your gaming history? here's some of mine.

• F.E.A.R. 2 worst sequel in gaming history for me
  • Crysis 2 second worst let down in gaming history both games got dumbed down in every way
  • Sleeping Dogs 2 cancellation the first game was amazing how could Square give up on this IP so fast Sleeping Dogs is easily one of the best open world games of all time
  • Prey 2 cancellation so much promise IMO Prey 2017 sucked I would of rather have played the real Prey game aka Prey 2.
  • The dumbing down of the Battlefield series
  • Mafia 3 so many repetitive missions this game has great characters and setting but they ruined it with the mission design.
  • Watch Dogs downgrade for me this left a shit stain on this whole generation it pretty much exposed how weak the current consoles are and the nerve of Ubisoft to downgrade the PC version is mental
  • The Division downgrade can't believe they pulled this shit again
  • Alan Wake open world cancellation I really like AW but I think Remedy's original idea of a open world Alan Wake game would of been better then what we got the game needed more variety
  • Silent Hills cancellation
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

Easy.

"Oh yes, a next gen Rainbow, critics are saying is awesome this is going to be the best Christmas ev... oh"

That moment, when your child mind realises critics don't differentiate between PC and Console gaming, PC Gamer is just a garbage shill mag and one of your favourite franchises is a repetitive Gears Of War with terrorists for 15 year old 2pac fans who want to be gangsters. Which gets higher critical praise than any game prior.

Lesson learned, never ever trust them, or have faith in Ubisoft not the mess up a franchise for whatever is currently the trend.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Fallout 4

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

I think i had Mario 64 level expectations.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69415 Posts
  • Uncharted 3:- I was a huge fan of the series until this bomb dropped. Despite folks saying that Uncharted 4 was better it was just as bad.
  • God of War 3:- Another series I enjoyed until this tripe was released. It was more disappointing than Uncharted 3.
  • Mario Sunshine:- This game has so much potential and Nintendo simply dropped the ball.
sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

I have been playing the series for over 10 years now but somehow I am disappointed with MHGU. I think it was just oversaturation having 2 MH games in a year.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Duke Nukem forever. It was so bad that the Duke Nukem 3D reloaded was never released due to how good it looked in comparison to Forever. Gearbox is one salty company.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56067 Posts

This game is by far my biggest gaming history let down: Aliens Colonial Marines:

Loading Video...

One of the greatest trailers for one of the most disappointing games that is Colonial Marines and not only that, what pains me the most is that this trailer is extremely good. The game was shit and Gearbox really hurt this beautiful Alien license.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Without doubt Sega an their inability to make a sequel to probably the best rpg ever made in Skies of Arcadia, and yet they make stuff like Super Monkey ball of SHIT.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@i_p_daily:

Super Monkey Ball is GREAT. Mechanically sound.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts
  • Wind Waker - Very watered down experience compared to OoT and MM, and it was also a huge letdown after watching what was shown off at Space World 2000
  • BotW - Basically the antithesis to everything I used to value in Zelda
  • Metroid: Other M - Terrible controls, and it was so bad that it iced the IP for years
  • Sonic 4 - It's a mediocre mobile game, but someone in marketing got the bright idea to rename it to Sonic 4
  • Sonic Lost World - Big disappointment after Colors and Generations, but now that Mania exists, all is forgiven
@i_p_daily said:

Without doubt Sega an their inability to make a sequel to probably the best rpg ever made in Skies of Arcadia, and yet they make stuff like Super Monkey ball of SHIT.

Super Monkey Ball has nothing to do with Skies of Arcadia, as the former is controlled by Nagoshi and the rest of SEGA CS1, a.k.a the Yakuza devs. If there ever was to be an internally made SoA game, it'd fall under the newly merged CS2 and CS3 division, which is in charge of RPG & TBS series like Sakura Wars and Valkyria Chronicles, which are just as good, if not arguably better, plus Vyse, Aika, and Fina are characters in VC1. I'm not even sure how you could do a proper sequel to SoA anyway since the story is very much one and done. With that said, I'd definitely take a remaster or remake though.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@heirren: Monkey ball shit is mechanically sound, useless info but hey now I know what you're good for on here :)

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@heirren said:

@i_p_daily:

Super Monkey Ball is GREAT. Mechanically sound.

Was a great game when I was 8, maybe now if I wanted a time waster.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

I could name a lot.

Comeback mechanics in fighting games is my number one let down.

Lost planet 3 is another. What a piece of trash.

Squaresoft and their treatment of multiple games such as Xenogears, Chrono Cross, SaGa Frontier. They cut the budgets to these games to funnel money into Final Fantasy games, permanently ruining these games for history. I still will never forgive them. The xeno team now makes mediocre games. Chrono Cross was really hurt by this. SaGa Frontier 1 was absolutely incomplete etc. It's all really infuriating because those three RPGs are some of my favorites.

RNG in shooters for aiming. What the f is that shit

I could elaborate more.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts
  • Skyward Sword (dungeons were great but that's about it)
  • Final Fantasy XIII (biggest let down of last gen)
  • MGS4 (everything after act 2 sucked)
  • MGSV (forgettable)
  • Kingdom Hearts 2 (mediocre)
  • Metroid Other M (almost killed the franchise)
  • Uncharted 3 (garbage)
  • Batman Arkham Knight (I'm surprised this train wreck isn't mentioned more)
  • Xenoblade X and 2 (have not lived up to the first game)
  • Scalebound's cancellation
  • Factor 5 never making Rogue Squadron 4
  • No new Prince of Persia game for almost 10 years.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

@Seabas989: I totally forgot about Arkham Knight, because yeah, that was a big disappointment. Same with Factor 5, and I think I read somewhere they wanted to bring the series with online play to Xbox 360, but it was cancelled.

One other game I forgot was Ninja Gaiden 3. We still haven't gotten a new game thanks to that trainwreck.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I actually liked r6v. Granted though I never played any other r6.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

I could name quite a few...

Wolfenstein tno: inferior to rtcw,

Doom2016: inferior to Doom3,

Fallout 4: inferior to Fallout 3,

F.E.A.R.2: inferior to original

ALL DEUS EX GAMES FOLLOWING THE ORIGINAL

Street fighter 4: not terrible but too hard

Mass effect andromeda: haven't played it but judging by the reviews...

+ I could mentioned numerous games that I've bought that were supposed to be "amazing" but weren't to my taste.

Warlord_Irochi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#19 Warlord_Irochi
Member since 2009 • 4291 Posts

I guess mine is Colonial Marines.

Although after DN Forever, I really don't now what I was expecting...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24914 Posts
  • FEAR 2: like TC said, one of the worst sequel of one of the best game ever made. it include highlight enemies, ironsight and was pretty much dumbed down version of original
  • Max Payne 2: Shallow, disappointing sequel that is too easy, too short, less atmospheric, and probably have worse story than original too like in original Max is lone revenge thrusty and in 2 it has shitty film noire love story. Original Max payne was a masterpiece. but this game was easily worst max payne game. the bullet time here is too easy as it recharge all the time. luckily 3 again become amazing like original was.
  • Crysis 2 and 3: Another mediocre dissapointing sequel but then 3 released and it made 2 a masterpiece.
  • Deus Ex IW: Now this is worst sequel ever ever made.
  • Mafia 2 and 3: While 2 a good game on its own but far worse than original which was masterpiece. Mafia 3 is even worse. another generic open world game.
  • Splinter cell (from double agent to onwards): Right after the release of masterpiece that was chaos theory. series get worse and worse by every installment to the point blacklist become worst in series.
  • Hitman Absolution: Conviction of Hitman but luckily 2016 reboot manage to make great.

btw open world Alan wake would have sucked. what we got was much much better.

Prey 2 looks terrible always. Prey 2017 was great immersive sim. original Prey imo sucked.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Squaresoft and their treatment of multiple games such as Xenogears, Chrono Cross, SaGa Frontier. They cut the budgets to these games to funnel money into Final Fantasy games, permanently ruining these games for history. I still will never forgive them. The xeno team now makes mediocre games. Chrono Cross was really hurt by this. SaGa Frontier 1 was absolutely incomplete etc. It's all really infuriating because those three RPGs are some of my favorites.

Huh didn't know Chrono Cross suffers from budget cuts. I replayed few time to reach its many endings and got like 40 people recruited, never saw any indications of budget cuts. Chrono Cross is already one of the best JRPG ever created, dunno how the extra budget could be used to improve it more.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

My biggest disappointment that is still fresh in my mind would have to be with Crytek and Crysis 2, I really hate what they did to that game.

The direction they took with R6 was disappointing. I didn't think R6 could get worse than R6 Lockdown but then they made R6V. Ghost Recon is another one that went to shit on its transition to console.

More disappointment:

Dead Space 3

Jade Empire

Dungeon Siege 3

Driv3r

Final Fantasy 10 onwards

Colonial Marines

The Force Awakened

Legendary

Serious Sam 2

DNF

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Anthem, straight up trash

Kingdom hearts, 10+ years and that's what they got.

No man sky, dude should be in jail

Conan unconquered, is it even a game?

Age of empire remakes, wheres number 4? remaking the same game over and over, nice job microsoft not.

Heroes of the storm, terrible net code, support is completely terrible

World of warcraft, a total joke

Blizzard is basically rip entirely tho so there's that.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7223 Posts

Definitely duke nukem forever that was a huge disappointment as a fan of the series.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#25  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
  • FEAR 2: like TC said, one of the worst sequel of one of the best game ever made. it include highlight enemies, ironsight and was pretty much dumbed down version of original
  • Max Payne 2: Shallow, disappointing sequel that is too easy, too short, less atmospheric, and probably have worse story than original too like in original Max is lone revenge thrusty and in 2 it has shitty film noire love story. Original Max payne was a masterpiece. but this game was easily worst max payne game. the bullet time here is too easy as it recharge all the time. luckily 3 again become amazing like original was.
  • Crysis 2 and 3: Another mediocre dissapointing sequel but then 3 released and it made 2 a masterpiece.
  • Deus Ex IW: Now this is worst sequel ever ever made.
  • Mafia 2 and 3: While 2 a good game on its own but far worse than original which was masterpiece. Mafia 3 is even worse. another generic open world game.
  • Splinter cell (from double agent to onwards): Right after the release of masterpiece that was chaos theory. series get worse and worse by every installment to the point blacklist become worst in series.
  • Hitman Absolution: Conviction of Hitman but luckily 2016 reboot manage to make great.

btw open world Alan wake would have sucked. what we got was much much better.

Prey 2 looks terrible always. Prey 2017 was great immersive sim. original Prey imo sucked.

The OG version is almost as good as Splinter Cell 3. I'm assuming it's the PC version you've been playing.

Good level design, light/sound meter, better story, almost all levels at night, emphasis on tight-spaces no dumb-ass JBA missions.

The only thing it lacks (at least the Gamepube version) is dynamic lights, which is unfortunate. I read the Xbox version has them.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24914 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

The OG version is almost as good as Splinter Cell 3. I'm assuming it's the PC version you've been playing.

Good level design, light/sound meter, better story, almost all levels at night, emphasis on tight-spaces no dumb-ass JBA missions.

The only thing it lacks (at least the Gamepube version) is dynastic lights, which is unfortunate. I read the Xbox version has them.

why does PS2 version not avaliable on PC??? its travesty.

the PC/PS3/360 version just flatout suck.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@npiet1:

Chess was a good game when i was 8 and still is a good game. Whats your point?

@i_p_daily:

Surprised you dont like it. Its a racing game, essentially. Havent played it since the wii one, but it was a blast in groups. I get it if your squarely into solo stuff, tho.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#28 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Nintendo as a corp. Stayed with the kiddish kids games and never evolved past that. I will stick with my X1 and Xbox Scarlet and PS5 for next generation.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

When EA knew 2K made a better football game so instead of trying to make a better game they just went out and bought the exclusive rights to the NFL so they would have no competition and could continue making craptastic Madden games.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Diablo 3, Gothic 3, Breath of Fire V

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

Definitely Soul Reaver 2. From open world greatness to linear mediocrity.

MGSV.....my God what happened.

Cancellation of Silent Hills. Left a hole in my soul....

TLHBO

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3053 Posts

Destiny

Fallout 4

Diablo III

Halo 2

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44139 Posts

Some disappointments for me have been:

- how it’s been so long since we’ve had a new Chrono game

- Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite the game has great gameplay however the weak roster and poor presentation was too disappointing

- cancellation of Scalebound

- Breath of Fire V

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44556 Posts

I liked FEAR 2, Crysis 2, and the 2017 Prey. Also, Metroid Other M was mention, I liked that too, sure flawed but not nearly as bad as people say.

Anyhow, I'd say Mass Effect Andromeda and Aliens Colonial Marines top my all time disappointments.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Mass Effect 3's ending. There were other things before the ending that were disappointing. The crew kind of sucked for instance....

Ubisoft - Played AC origins a few months ago I wasn't expecting anything amazing , but alot of people were like oh this is a breath of fresh air compared to the previous entries. But it was a garbage wannabe RPG that forced you to grind in the hopes that you would shell out money. That along with the fact they didn't reveal a new Splinter Cell, despite all the rumblings but did reveal a follow up to Wildlands have officially put me on the anti Ubisoft band wagon. I was already pretty cynical about this hobby, but this stuff along with the fact people still buy these games in droves pushed me to a new level.

The arcade street racing genre being limited to NFS which has been pretty mediocre since Hot Pursuit.

God of War turning into Dad of War

Games taking themselves too seriously, trying to be mature and grown up at the expense of being fun.

Mtx/lootboxes becoming common place

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46231 Posts
  • Ensemble studios closing

My favourite studio ever, made the franchise I love playing the most. Microsoft, being led by the devil, Don Mattrick, shut it down though because their focus was on console gaming. And they couldn't care less about PC gaming, because that made less profit in their eyes.

Opened my eyes that even a studio that made games that went on to sell millions of copies, that made games that are still selling to this day, can just be shut down from one day to the other, because corporate jerk-offs make cutthroat decisions. Decisions that do not benefit the players at all.

• Nintendo Wii

Still have no idea who really thought the waggle controls were a good idea. Wii Sports was fun for a week. Everything about it, like wii fit, was praised as the next big thing and this big revolution. Yet it wasn't. It was crap. It was a crap console. The waggle controls was crap. And Zelda: Skyward Sword was the only Zelda game that I absolutely despised playing.

LMAO even more at the fact that this was called "Nintendo Revolution"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@R4gn4r0k:

Lol.

People didnt buy the Gamecube so they had to go after a new market.

Revolution, though, forgot about that. Funny part is that it kind of was. Everybody really was buying the thing. Bars were having wii bowling tournaments, etc.(people were buying it for their businesses lol.

For wii software i tend to agree. Skyward Sword. Yeah those controls just aint fun. Mario Galaxy as well. Way better than zelda but im just not a fan of how they shoved these mandatory means to shake the controller.

However, the console is still great in that it gives you access to probably the best library of any console out there, save for maybe the launch ps3s.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

My biggest disappointment are threads like this. Great idea, but then you just get the usual "hey look at me naming off 20 insanely popular and great games" b.s.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#40  Edited By Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69415 Posts

@vfighter said:

My biggest disappointment are threads like this. Great idea, but then you just get the usual "hey look at me naming off 20 insanely popular and great games" b.s.

Look at who is the OP. You shouldn't be surprised. He makes only two kinds of threads, best game ever or worst game ever.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#41  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

Metal Gear Solid 2 is the one game that stands out to me that was a major letdown. I was so hyped for that game. The first couple of hours were awesome and then we are introduced to the panzy ass Raiden and had to play the majority of the game with him. I was so pissed off. The level design was shit too with a large portion of the game taking place on the lame oil rigs and the story was ridiculous. La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo? Seriously... WTF? Anyway, I learned my lesson and have never really been hyped for a game since then.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Oblivion and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@Pedro said:
@vfighter said:

Look at who is the OP. You shouldn't be surprised. He makes only two kinds of threads, best game ever or worst game ever.

Make some better threads then.

MarkoftheSivak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MarkoftheSivak
Member since 2010 • 461 Posts

The Sega 32X.

I wanted so bad for it to be good but it basically got canned like 3 months after my parents got it for me. Man i was so pissed.

Death of the Dreamcast: If ever there was a system that should have made it, it was the DC. I had a lot of fun with it, just wish it would have been as successful here as it was in Japan.

EA buying the NFL license: One of the dirtiest tricks ever. NFL 2k5 is still considered by many to be the greatest football game of all time. I hated EA after this.

Mass Effect Andromeda - this is the game that was the last straw for me ever buying games until I read at least some post-release opinions. Bought it for $60 and it went for like $20 new a month later. Never again.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46231 Posts
@heirren said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Lol.

People didnt buy the Gamecube so they had to go after a new market.

Revolution, though, forgot about that. Funny part is that it kind of was. Everybody really was buying the thing. Bars were having wii bowling tournaments, etc.(people were buying it for their businesses lol.

For wii software i tend to agree. Skyward Sword. Yeah those controls just aint fun. Mario Galaxy as well. Way better than zelda but im just not a fan of how they shoved these mandatory means to shake the controller.

However, the console is still great in that it gives you access to probably the best library of any console out there, save for maybe the launch ps3s.

The lines for the Revolution were the longest I'd ever seen at E3.

But it wasn't a revolution, it was a gimmick. I hate everything about the Wii, except for one thing:

Donkey Kong Country: Returns.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@BassMan said:

Metal Gear Solid 2 is the one game that stands out to me that was a major letdown. I was so hyped for that game. The first couple of hours were awesome and then we are introduced to the panzy ass Raiden and had to play the majority of the game with him. I was so pissed off. The level design was shit too with a large portion of the game taking place on the lame oil rigs and the story was ridiculous. La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo? Seriously... WTF? Anyway, I learned my lesson and have never really been hyped for a game since then.

Yeah, MGS 2 was when Kojima started to go off his fucking rocker into absurdity.

OT,

• Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within: this game sucked donkey balls. It was the antithesis of everything that made the original Sands of Time so great, and in general what Prince of Persia had always been about. It turned the Prince from a naive, idealistic, pompous and arrogant but good-hearted guy into this emo-driven, wanna be bad-boy archetype. Weapons and fighting became the focus, but the world was bland, dark, and lacked any majestic and ethereal elements that had infused and distinguished Mechner's works beforehand. His absence was painfully apparent.
  • Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers: broken mechanics, inconsistent game logic, and an overall frustrating experience due to it. It had improvements, but it was overall just a broken experience. As the original FSW is, and remains, one of my favorite real time tactical games to this day, this was a massive let down. Especially because we're never going to see another game like it.
  • Fallout 3: yea, count me amongst the purists who wanted the series to remain an isometric perspective, turn based RPG instead of becoming an FPS, action oriented title, but hey.....who can fight against market trends? The game wasn't necessarily bad per se, but it didn't feel like Fallout to me, and no subsequent game has. Fallout is an isometric game at heart, and it should remain such.
  • MGS 4: I bought a PS3 for this garbage??
  • Starfox Wii U and Metroid Other M: wtf Nintendo?
tohot240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tohot240
Member since 2019 • 56 Posts

Duke Nuke Forever hands down.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Music was fine but the game sucks compared to ff7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@MirkoS77:

I like Starfox wiiu. Once you wrap your head around the controls its pretty great. Definitely one of the more underrated games over the past decade.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@vfighter said:

Lol pretty much.

But for me, most recently it's probably Halo 5.