What are you THANKFUL about?

  • 60 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Blabadon
#1 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

I am thankful that you guys here are such great folk most of the time.

I am also thankful that the systems we have today are doing relatively well. I wish the Wii U was doing better but oh well.

Avatar image for _Matt_
#2 Posted by _Matt_ (10427 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

I am thankful that you guys here are such great folk most of the time.

I am also thankful that the systems we have today are doing relatively well. I wish the Wii U was doing better but oh well.

Aww, I think I have a manly tear in my eye.

Avatar image for applefan1991
#3 Edited by applefan1991 (3388 posts) -

I'm thankful for the games in march like Titanfall and inFamous. I love killing robots and spray-painting walls - gives my life validity.

Avatar image for _Matt_
#4 Posted by _Matt_ (10427 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

I'm thankful for the games in march like Titanfall and inFamous. I love killing robots and spray-painting walls - gives my life validity.

March has been an amazing month for gamers, something for nearly everyone with Dark Souls 2, InFamous and Titanfall among others.

Avatar image for bobbetybob
#5 Posted by bobbetybob (19370 posts) -

I'm thankful they changed the date of thanksgiving to the 1st of April.

Avatar image for Blabadon
#6 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

I'm thankful for the games in march like Titanfall and inFamous. I love killing robots and spray-painting walls - gives my life validity.

PC?

Avatar image for cainetao11
#7 Edited by cainetao11 (32332 posts) -

That choosing between ps4, X1 is the biggest choice I have until November this year. I will get my beloved ps4 when I find you. The store by me that had one on Friday, now doesn't. (I am throwing a tantrum!!!) I own both MS and Sony every gen, so I was psyched to begin another gen of my winning combo, and having money this summer for a PC. Sorry Nintendo, 3ds is all I have time for right now

Avatar image for _Matt_
#8 Posted by _Matt_ (10427 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:

I'm thankful they changed the date of thanksgiving to the 1st of April.

Well observed sir, well observed.

Avatar image for applefan1991
#9 Posted by applefan1991 (3388 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@WadeFan said:

I'm thankful for the games in march like Titanfall and inFamous. I love killing robots and spray-painting walls - gives my life validity.

PC?

As in the machine or PC as in politically correct since I mentioned games on opposite platforms?

PC Machine: I don't own one

PC (Politically Correct) - I own both consoles and both above games and like them a lot. I know, weird for SW

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#10 Posted by freedomfreak (49741 posts) -

Being American.

Avatar image for Spartan070
#11 Edited by Spartan070 (16402 posts) -

I'm thankful for digital sales.

Avatar image for Blabadon
#12 Edited by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

@Blabadon said:

@WadeFan said:

I'm thankful for the games in march like Titanfall and inFamous. I love killing robots and spray-painting walls - gives my life validity.

PC?

As in the machine or PC as in politically correct since I mentioned games on opposite platforms?

PC Machine: I don't own one

PC (Politically Correct) - I own both consoles and both above games and like them a lot. I know, weird for SW

Why the **** would I be talking about a personal computer? Does it look like I'm on a gaming forum?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#13 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

i'm thankful for steam on linux.

Avatar image for applefan1991
#14 Posted by applefan1991 (3388 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@WadeFan said:

@Blabadon said:

@WadeFan said:

I'm thankful for the games in march like Titanfall and inFamous. I love killing robots and spray-painting walls - gives my life validity.

PC?

As in the machine or PC as in politically correct since I mentioned games on opposite platforms?

PC Machine: I don't own one

PC (Politically Correct) - I own both consoles and both above games and like them a lot. I know, weird for SW

Why the **** would I be talking about a personal computer? Does it look like I'm on a gaming forum?

Obviously, my mistake.

Avatar image for Demonjoe93
#15 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9869 posts) -

Well, if we're just talking about gaming and not everything in general, I would say I'm thankful for my Wii and PS3.

Avatar image for Bigboi500
#16 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

Thankful that I don't have Blab's shitty taste in vidja games.

Avatar image for Blabadon
#17 Edited by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

@Blabadon said:

@WadeFan said:

@Blabadon said:

@WadeFan said:

I'm thankful for the games in march like Titanfall and inFamous. I love killing robots and spray-painting walls - gives my life validity.

PC?

As in the machine or PC as in politically correct since I mentioned games on opposite platforms?

PC Machine: I don't own one

PC (Politically Correct) - I own both consoles and both above games and like them a lot. I know, weird for SW

Why the **** would I be talking about a personal computer? Does it look like I'm on a gaming forum?

Obviously, my mistake.

#GetRichOrDieTryin

Avatar image for edwardecl
#18 Posted by edwardecl (2240 posts) -

I'm thankful I've never been raped by 4 men with mustaches.

Avatar image for applefan1991
#19 Posted by applefan1991 (3388 posts) -

@edwardecl said:

I'm thankful I've never been raped by 4 men with mustaches.

I can't help that. I had to shave for work the next day

Avatar image for Blabadon
#20 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@edwardecl said:

I'm thankful I've never been raped by 4 men with mustaches.

The darker the chocolate, the richer the taste.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#21 Edited by cainetao11 (32332 posts) -

I am thankful I am not Spc Berns. Lost both legs in Afghanistan, but still plays games wherever I tell him great games are. He is my friend/battle buddy. I love you bro, and will see you in july

Avatar image for clr84651
#22 Edited by clr84651 (5630 posts) -

I'm thankful for the Souls series at the moment. In May in will be the Wolfenstein series.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#23 Posted by cainetao11 (32332 posts) -

@clr84651: I started dark 1 but gave my 360 HDD to my nephew. That's where dark souls is. So I am looking for one on ps3. I'll play two after I finish one.

Avatar image for lbjkurono23
#24 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@clr84651: how's the game?

I want to pick it up, but I'm holding out for a possible ps4 version.

Avatar image for juarbles
#25 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

I'm thankful for not being a lemming. That's one of the best gifts life could give to a gamer.

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#26 Posted by getyeryayasout (11430 posts) -

I'm thankful for having the thumbs of a golden Adonis, opening day (Go M's!), the Cohen Bros., and for having more Blab in my life.

Avatar image for Blabadon
#27 Edited by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

I'm thankful for having the thumbs of a golden Adonis, opening day (Go M's!), the Cohen Bros., and for having more Blab in my life.

Aww shucks :')

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#28 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

I'm thankful that I'm such a great guy.

I'm also thankful for Japanese games.

I'm thankful for boobs.

Food is good too.

Avatar image for bbkkristian
#29 Posted by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -

Thankful for Monolith Soft and XSEED.

Avatar image for clr84651
#30 Posted by clr84651 (5630 posts) -

@juarbles said:

I'm thankful for not being a lemming. That's one of the best gifts life could give to a gamer.

Same!

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
#31 Posted by turtlethetaffer (18546 posts) -

The glorious handheld system that is the 3DS. Amazing platform.

Avatar image for clr84651
#32 Posted by clr84651 (5630 posts) -
@lbjkurono23 said:

@clr84651: how's the game?

I want to pick it up, but I'm holding out for a possible ps4 version.

Dark Souls 2 is very good. They limit the number of times enemies respawn after you rest at a bonfire. So spend those soul points wisely & don't die a lot where you can't recover your soul. Don't horde lots of points before upgrading each time. Each time you earn enough, I recommend upgrading asap. I am the knight & I've found that Dexterity & strength are the most important to upgrade. Make sure you find all the estus flask upgrades too. One thing I found difficult to understand was how to assign items to the immediate use. They are the 10 empty boxes at the bottom of the weapons screen. You assign them there and then hit down on the D-pad to change and use on the fly.

Avatar image for ConanTheStoner
#34 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17053 posts) -

Nice racks, good food and good smoke.

Avatar image for mems_1224
#35 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

im thankful for all these games

holy shit, i still have games from like 6 years ago in my never ending backlog.

Avatar image for ominous_titan
#36 Posted by ominous_titan (1215 posts) -

Thankful for my kids,my amazing job, my bank acct ,having no worries and being able to anything I want whenever I want. Was pretty happy about ds2 also

Avatar image for treedoor
#37 Edited by treedoor (7648 posts) -

I just ate a ton of spinach.

I'm pretty thankful for that

Avatar image for whiskeystrike
#38 Posted by whiskeystrike (12172 posts) -
@treedoor said:

I just ate a ton of spinach.

I'm pretty thankful for that

Ew if cooked. Otherwise, yum.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
#39 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14291 posts) -

I'm glad that I like all the genres in video games , as long as the game is fun . I never said "Eww , that's not my thing" . If the game is good , I always play it , enjoy it and don't miss anything

Avatar image for kinectthedots
#40 Posted by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

That the push for always online DRM and no used games for consoles from MS didn't succeed this gen. I am thankful for all the gamers who protested and voted with dollars to make their point felt.

Avatar image for lbjkurono23
#41 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@clr84651: so do enemies die for good or do they respawn after entering a new area or something?

Avatar image for Heil68
#42 Edited by Heil68 (57687 posts) -

I'm thankful for my wife and kids and a job that affords me many nice things in life.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#43 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12574 posts) -

I'm thankful for Sony and their bounty of amazing exclusives and amazing online service.

Avatar image for Joedgabe
#44 Posted by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

I'm thankful for my girlfriend being so nice to me when i'm annoying and my cranky mother for giving me something to do when i argue with her.

Avatar image for sts106mat
#45 Posted by sts106mat (24149 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I'm thankful for my wife and kids and a job that affords me many nice things in life.

QFT. Well my wife & son in my case

I am also thankful for Curry, Cups of Tea, Cider, weekends & air travel

PS didn't see you Sunday, it was mothers day here in the UK.

Avatar image for Heil68
#46 Edited by Heil68 (57687 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Heil68 said:

I'm thankful for my wife and kids and a job that affords me many nice things in life.

QFT. Well my wife & son in my case

I am also thankful for Curry, Cups of Tea, Cider, weekends & air travel

PS didn't see you Sunday, it was mothers day here in the UK.

awww. I played Saturday around 8pm your time I think. Anyways, we'll hook up. That's usually when I game on the weekends.

Would still love to have you on the podcast. We've had quite a few people on from Europe and we record on the weekend to accommodate the time difference.

Avatar image for nini200
#47 Posted by nini200 (11484 posts) -

I'm thankful for Vagina

/Thread

Avatar image for misterpmedia
#48 Edited by misterpmedia (6209 posts) -

Thankful for the banter produced here. It's genuinely relaxing.

Avatar image for clr84651
#49 Posted by clr84651 (5630 posts) -

@lbjkurono23 said:

@clr84651: so do enemies die for good or do they respawn after entering a new area or something?

Enemies respawn a certain number of times, like 15 times and then stop respawning.

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#50 Posted by getyeryayasout (11430 posts) -

Mercenary Kings...thank you Sony.