SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

I’ll be continuing my playthrough of Elden Ring! About 70 hours in. I may be able to beat the game this weekend, not sure. I just keep finding more and more shit to do in this game lol. Other than that, Kirby will be a great palette cleanser from Elden Ring lol. What about you, SW? What are you playing?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Oof, hard one.

I'd like to play more Dying Light 2, but then I'd also like to try out Ghostwire.

But I'll be out for most of the weekend :)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58947 Posts

Really want to get on with Underrail, been distracted by real life shit.

Temped to do abit of VTOL, learn abit more.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Shadow Warrior 2 (co op) mostly

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#5  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Tuesday was the first day I could say I'm back to 100% health. Bloody Hell, took me three weeks to recover, and I suspect it would have been even longer had I not made a small change within the last 8 days. Don't want to drown people in my sorrows, but let's just say I've come to believe there is a mental health component to my physical illness, and I've been spending the last 8 days shoring that up.

Anyway, now that I'm healthy again, I'm going to keep playing some more Ori and the Will of the Wisps, while deciding whether get back into God of War or Cyberpunk 2077.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Tuesday was the first day I could say I'm back to 100% health. Bloody Hell, took me three weeks to recover, and I suspect it would have been even longer had I not made a small change within the last 8 days. Don't want to drown people in my sorrows, but let's just say I've come to believe there is a mental health component to my physical illness, and I've been spending the last 8 days shoring that up.

Anyway, now that I'm healthy again, I'm going to keep playing some more Ori and the Will of the Wisps, while deciding whether get back into God of War or Cyberpunk 2077.

I think a lot of people can relate. Mental health took a blow and there is a serious lack of good news to get a positive mindset from.

Had COVID some 4 weeks ago, and now I have a cold. I'm so done feeling sick.

Get well, man!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Nothing. I’m flying down to Florida today to sit on a beach and drink all weekend. F Michigan weather…

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

I’m kind of running out of steam with ER so going to take a break from that.

F1 2021 was added to game pass yesterday so going to play some of that with friends.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Far cry 6

This weekend the last 3 and the next dozen judging by the size of the map and stuff to do in it.

Damn you completionist OCD

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

More Elden Ring for me this weekend, may actually finish my first play through of it as well. Going to pick up Kirby and the Forgotten Land today so wouldn’t mind firing that up and checking it out as well. Would also like to get back to Guardians of the Galaxy and trying to finish that up.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Elden Ring, and probably some other stuff. I'm beginning to get pretty bored with it, so I think I might just try to finish it quickly this weekend. I'm done trying to figure quests and shit out.

For those wondering which game simply is the better videogame, Elden Ring or Breath of the Wild (since we keep comparing the two), I can now confirm that BotW is the better videogame.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

I've been going back to the original MvC. Aside from that I plan to beat Cyberpunk, which I did not expect to enjoy as much as I have.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

Maybe some Monster Rise but it'll be mostly Blender and Godot this weekend I suspect.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Getting a lil burnt out on Elden Ring... probably play some MH Rise and maybe check out Tunic.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Why would i play anything else than the one and only Eldingu Ringu?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

Im gonna beat the new Kirby game and setup my brand new Xbox Series X.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Gonna finish Elden Ring today most likely, then start NG+

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

Kirby and the Forgotten Land :)

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8208 Posts

I need to finnish phychonauts 2.

Probably some Halo Inf mp or rocket league if my buds are on.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15995 Posts

Skate 3 and Gran Turismo 7.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

probably time to park elden ring for a bit. i'm about 85 hours in at a point where it's just a procession of bosses and i'm getting a bit burnt out with it. now the dust has settled and the initial euphoria and giddiness has worn off my view currently is bloodborne is still their magnum opus. elden ring hasn't quite got the legs, and the open world is a double edged sword. but i am fickle and so will withhold a verdict til i've finally beat the damn thing

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#23  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

Gran Turismo 7. It borders on, but is not quite amazing. I had a few 10/10 moments. Overall a 8 or 9/10 depending with what you play with, undecided.

Sprinkled with Elden Ring.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#24  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69456 Posts

I feel like having a mediocre experience this weekend so, HFW.😂

Far and Tuniq if time permits.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

I'm already at 110+ hours in Elden Ring and it doesn't seem I'm close to finishing it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Litchie said:

Elden Ring, and probably some other stuff. I'm beginning to get pretty bored with it, so I think I might just try to finish it quickly this weekend. I'm done trying to figure quests and shit out.

For those wondering which game simply is the better videogame, Elden Ring or Breath of the Wild (since we keep comparing the two), I can now confirm that BotW is the better videogame.

Yeah, fatigue set in for me like a week ago lol. At this point just want to stick to the legacy zones (which are mostly great) and get it done. The open world has its moments for sure, but a lot of it has just diluted the experience for me and I'm over it. Game has way more than enough great unique content, would've enjoyed it more if they trimmed the fat. (can just as easily say the same of BotW)

As for the comparison, don't know if I really feel one is better than the other. Both do what they do very well. Both have their glaring shortcomings. But Souls games have a bit of a cumulative fatigue for me, the been there and done that keeps stacking up. Had Elden Ring just come out of nowhere, probably feel way different about it. On the flip, BotW did a ton of things that were both fresh for its series and to a lesser extent, for open world games. Wasn't just a huge version of previous Zelda games. Had me more hooked from the start and kept me fully engaged to the end.

Also helps that one play session to the next could have you doing a variety of different things. Nothing against games that just do 1 or 2 things very well, that's usually what I prefer. Explore and kill things sounds fine on paper, but... it's Souls combat lol. Not bad, but a bit basic to carry such a massive game. Then the open world exploration is even more basic.

Not saying anything new here, but those intricately designed legacy zones are what make Souls play work. Far more interesting exploration. Some truly outstanding encounter design playing off those spaces and mixing enemies in interesting ways, serving to elevate the combat. A lot of that gets lost in the open world, which again has its moments, just not feeling like it's a worthwhile trade.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Probably a lot of Breath of the wild. I started a second file. It's still by far the most evolved and impressive open world game I've ever played. It's blowing me away all over again.

Although Elden Ring is great, I lost any drive to play more of it after I beat the second shardbearer. I haven't been able to invest myself in a fromsoft game since Bloodborne.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#28  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

Star Wars: Episode III (XBOX)

Mega Man 2 (PC; Legacy Collection)

Halo MCC (XBOX ONE)

NSMBU (Switch)

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner: I’m starting to have Elden Ring fatigue too. Luckily I think I’m nearing the end. I also just got Kirby which is the feel good game I need right now 🤣

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Maaaan, I still have this entire swath of the northeastern map I haven't touched. Still a ways to go here.

Also considered picking up Kirby, looks fun. Just that series tends to be a bit too easy, wish it had a difficulty curve more like Mario platformers.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

I'll be taking a long break from Elden Ring and focus on 2 new games. GhostWire: Tokyo and Tiny Tina's Wonderland for the whole weekend.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@davillain: Let us know how Tina Tina's Wonderlands plays. Was curious about getting it, but I'm hesitant on dropping $70 on it--concerned that it might be nothing more than a glorified expansion.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2408 Posts

Arkham City. I'm doing Robin's campaigns, years after completing most of the other stuff. I have never spaced a game's completion out quite like this. Still need to do Nightwing after this. Maybe I'll wait another couple of years before I tackle that. I dunno. I never played the story again after NG+.

Twice Nightly

Complete New Game Plus

Unlocked Aug 15, 2014

Feline Revenge

Obtain all 72 medals on the original Arkham City maps (as Catwoman)

Unlocked Sep 7, 2014

Robin Revenge

Obtain 78 medals on the original Arkham City and Robin Bundle Pack maps (as Robin)

Unlocked May 1, 2015

Campaign Kitty

Obtain all 108 medals on the original Arkham City campaigns (as Catwoman)

Unlocked May 3, 2015

Perfect Knight - Day 2

Complete every challenge in Arkham City - Main Story, Side Missions, Upgrades, Collectables, New Game Plus and Riddlers Revenge (as Batman)

Unlocked Jan 7, 2017

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

If the gods smile on me and I actually get some solid gaming time, maybe I will finish or come close to finishing dishonored 2. It's been a long week

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#35 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Probably DL2 and Battlefield 2042. Also some Halo Infinite multiplayer for a few games.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SolidGame_basic

The Subterranean Shunning Grounds in Elden Ring sucks ass lol

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SolidGame_basic
@xantufrog said:

If the gods smile on me and I actually get some solid gaming time, maybe I will finish or come close to finishing dishonored 2. It's been a long week

when you gonna finish P4G?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I'm checking out Sunset Overdrive at long last.

Then resuming Halo Reach on coop.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: ugh, who knows. Hopefully soon, but I got distracted. I'm having a hard time staying committed to games that long now since I have such little gaming time

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hardwenzen

@brimmul777 said:

Probably DL2 and Battlefield 2042. Also some Halo Infinite multiplayer for a few games.

REALLY DUDE???

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Elden Ring (PS5)

GT7 (PS5)

PvZ GW2 Garden Ops Mode with my wife (XSX)

TW Warhammer 2 (Steam)

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Weirdly still playing wwe 2k22 it's a good wrestling game not played this much since 2k19.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen

Those playing Tiny Tina, i have no idea how your ears are able to handle her cringy voice and dialogue. Its as bad as it gets in a video game omfg.,

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Kirby & the Forgotten Land... and it's awesome! Man I love these types of 3D Nintendo games, they just make me happy.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts
@ConanTheStoner said:

Yeah, fatigue set in for me like a week ago lol. At this point just want to stick to the legacy zones (which are mostly great) and get it done. The open world has its moments for sure, but a lot of it has just diluted the experience for me and I'm over it. Game has way more than enough great unique content, would've enjoyed it more if they trimmed the fat. (can just as easily say the same of BotW)

Yup, if both Zelda and FromSoftware should continue open world, definitely hope they chill with the fluff.

@ConanTheStoner said:

As for the comparison, don't know if I really feel one is better than the other. Both do what they do very well. Both have their glaring shortcomings. But Souls games have a bit of a cumulative fatigue for me, the been there and done that keeps stacking up. Had Elden Ring just come out of nowhere, probably feel way different about it. On the flip, BotW did a ton of things that were both fresh for its series and to a lesser extent, for open world games. Wasn't just a huge version of previous Zelda games. Had me more hooked from the start and kept me fully engaged to the end.

Yeah, I knew it was just gonna be a big Dark Souls and was fine with that, but fatigue hit me, and faster than with BotW. Actually managed to play BotW twice, as opposed to ER which I haven't finished yet, but kinda want to be over. I've really enjoyed it though.

@ConanTheStoner said:

Also helps that one play session to the next could have you doing a variety of different things. Nothing against games that just do 1 or 2 things very well, that's usually what I prefer. Explore and kill things sounds fine on paper, but... it's Souls combat lol. Not bad, but a bit basic to carry such a massive game. Then the open world exploration is even more basic.

Yeah, the combat isn't amazing. It does the job and is fun, but only goes so far. BotW's combat is even more basic, but you have the option to be experimental, using physics and whatnot. Movesets for different weapons and stuff would be nice to have improved though.

Must say, after playing BotW, I was way more excited for another Zelda than I am excited for a new Souls game after ER.. They definitely need to spice it up if they make more Souls games..

@SolidGame_basic said:

@ConanTheStoner: I’m starting to have Elden Ring fatigue too. Luckily I think I’m nearing the end. I also just got Kirby which is the feel good game I need right now 🤣

xD I also got Kirby. Gonna be a nice to play something completely different from ER.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1642 Posts

Decided to try out Elden Ring and, err... I'm not getting on well with it at all. It just seems really, really hard. Only played for about 90 minutes so far and died at least 10 times!

• Don't understand the story
  • Don't understand how to stay alive for more than 10 minutes
  • Not sure what I'm doing

Seriously going to have to watch/read some tips because I'm pretty clueless here!

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Decided to ignore Elden Ring this weekend and finally start a playthrough of Super Mario Sunshine on the Switch. I played for 6 hours straight today. Loving this game! Camera is crap though.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SolidGame_basic

Babylon’s Fall already discounted to $40. May end being a Ps Plus / Game Pass game very soon

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:

Babylon’s Fall already discounted to $40. May end being a Ps Plus / Game Pass game very soon

A 360 game released in 2022 by mistake.