SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

I finished up Steins;Gate Elite (Switch) last weekend which is a visual novel game about time travel. The story is interesting and has great writing. If you have time, and like reading, I recommend you pick it up. Since then, I received my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition which I intend to play this weekend. Had a chance to play a little bit last weekend. I know there were some comments about the games graphics. They seemed not too bad to me. But yea, I'm looking forward to the actual gameplay lol. I've also started playing Hollow Knight again. I had put about 10 hours in a while back and am back into it now. Really cool game. I can see why it got great reviews.

How about you, SW? What are you playing this weekend?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

I'll be playing lots of Red Dead Redemption 2, I really love the lore of the game and only because I still like Spaghetti Western movies in a sense. More on Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and play few games I got from GoG sales.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Finally bought Days Gone, it's downloading now and I have a free weekend.

Edit: Glad I waited for the price drop, as a Sony exclusive, this game is not up to par. Oh well, gonna try it a little bit more, haven't run into the swarm yet.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

RDR2. 2nd playthrough, taking my time. I'm still playing stuff inbetween. Peace Walker, for example.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3017 Posts

I'm playing The Quest To Find A Nintendo Switch. Been playing this games for weeks now. Hopefully I'll beat it soon.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I think I'm going to give Days Gone a run this weekend.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#7  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10585 Posts

After five playthroughs of XCOM 2, I'm taking a bit of a break - though I'm 50/50 about starting a sixth this weekend. I want to try some mods. Going back to Warframe for a bit. Still don't know where to find those damn Cephalite Resonances. Maybe just I haven't played enough to get them.

So yeah, I'm a little bit between games right now. C&C Remastered is releasing in five hours, so I might buy that if I can't think of anything.

Speaking of which, did you see that Joseph Kucan (Kane) video? I swear, the guy hasn't aged a day since C&C3. Spooky.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

Playing some Battlefield V on the new maps. Had some fun matches with @BassMan

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Decided to take break from non stop action gaming and was deep into a FFXII play through.

Haven't felt motivated to game with all that's been going on though, so don't know about this weekend.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

Probably FIFA20. Its my first FIFA game in years and its been a huge learning curve so far. Really enjoying getting Chelsea ever closer to Champions league, Premier League and FA cup treble glory.

But man the graphics in FIFA is horrible compared to PES20. Its like comparing PS2 to PS4 games.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#11 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1175 Posts

Dragon Quest XI. Just defeated the octopus monster today. I’ve heard people say the map is large, from what I’ve seen it’s pretty small. So I’m hoping to see unlocked a bigger map.

And RDR 2.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts

i've been in peasant mode lately and mooched a bunch of free games from epic so will probably give civ 6 or borderlands 2 a whirl. been playing god of war again and it's not quite as good as i remember. not sure if it's just because i've recently finished fallen order and i'm subconsciously comparing them but gow feels a bit sluggish and repetitive. might persevere on with it too

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Finally gave in and treated myself to some Knack 😁! I’m about halfway through on hard and the game is brutal lol. Not at all what I expected from a kid friendly game. Expect it to take me the weekend to beat.

It’s a way better game than I thought. Just wish there was a bit more variety. The concept seems perfect for some puzzles, but it’s pretty much only combat all the time.

Even so, solid fun 😎!

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Macutchi: I recently bought the expansions for Civ 6 on my Switch - and stopped playing the EGS version almost as soon as I started because of it (not gonna buy them twice). The game is way way better with the expansions. I'd def pick them up

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xantufrog  Moderator

C&C remastered, of course.

Probably Shenmue 2 and Myst 3 as well

WHAT DECADE IS IT

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Hide the salami. lol :P

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#17 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

Working the whole weekend but still going to play some Trials Rising and Battlefield 5.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@uitravioience said:

I'm playing The Quest To Find A Nintendo Switch. Been playing this games for weeks now. Hopefully I'll beat it soon.

Shitload in Australia, in fact at my local store there was plenty of Switches/Lites and very few PS4/XB1's.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts
@Sushiglutton said:

Finally gave in and treated myself to some Knack 😁! I’m about halfway through on hard and the game is brutal lol. Not at all what I expected from a kid friendly game. Expect it to take me the weekend to beat.

It’s a way better game than I thought. Just wish there was a bit more variety. The concept seems perfect for some puzzles, but it’s pretty much only combat all the time.

Even so, solid fun 😎!

Congrats you and davillian are the only 2 people I've seen say they like it, says a lot about the bad taste in games you 2 have lol.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I have started a new playthrough of Dishonored so I'll be playing more of that. Trying to eliminate the main targets in a different way this time. For example, taking the non-lethal approach with Overseer Campell and branding him, instead of killing him. I'm playing on Hard difficulty for an additional sense of challenge.

Also planning to do some runs in Eurotruck Simulator 2. It's quite relaxing driving from city to city, doing jobs and listening to the radio.

Finally, I'll probably play some games online with friends, most notably GTA Online and Warzone.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xantufrog  Moderator

@johnd13: I need to remind myself of what happened in Dishonored and dive into 2. It's been glaring at me neglected in my library for too long

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

Xenoblade chronicles on the switch. Still brilliant. Overall happy with the remaster.

Probably my biggest complaint is they don't seem to have done anything to make rebuilding colony 6 less of a grind which is a bit of a missed opportunity.

But yeah...may be playing this for a while :).

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts
@xantufrog said:

@Macutchi: I recently bought the expansions for Civ 6 on my Switch - and stopped playing the EGS version almost as soon as I started because of it (not gonna buy them twice). The game is way way better with the expansions. I'd def pick them up

the rising storm one sounded interesting from what i remember, i'll probably start with that

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xantufrog  Moderator

@Macutchi: yeah i believe it has all the improved rule set + features from the previous expansion, just not the civs. Which is the most important thing, IMO - game is definitely richer and smarter with those new features.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Even so, solid fun 😎!

Congrats you and davillian are the only 2 people I've seen say they like it, says a lot about the bad taste in games you 2 have lol.

Haha thanks! I guess simple fun is not for the intellectuals of this forum.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

Streets of Rage 4 and Sakura Wars.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

More Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition for me this weekend.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 johnd13

@xantufrog: Dishonored's story is not that complex. You can easily look up a brief summary. And you should definitely play 2 asap - it's better in every possible way.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 R4gn4r0k

@johnd13 said:

I have started a new playthrough of Dishonored so I'll be playing more of that. Trying to eliminate the main targets in a different way this time. For example, taking the non-lethal approach with Overseer Campell and branding him, instead of killing him. I'm playing on Hard difficulty for an additional sense of challenge.

Also planning to do some runs in Eurotruck Simulator 2. It's quite relaxing driving from city to city, doing jobs and listening to the radio.

Finally, I'll probably play some games online with friends, most notably GTA Online and Warzone.

I keep telling myself that I need to re-re-replay the Dishonord games and do a high chaos run this time. But whenever I play it I always go low chaos. When given the choice I almost never go for the kills in favor of non-lethal.

@xantufrog said:

@johnd13: I need to remind myself of what happened in Dishonored and dive into 2. It's been glaring at me neglected in my library for too long

Dishonored 2 is such an overlooked game.

You don't really need to know exactly what happened in Dishonored 1, as Dishonored 2 takes place years later.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Warzone

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#32 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I'm going to keep playing Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. I've made it up to the Nopon Village up in Makna Forest. Otherwise, it's Gauntlet: Dark Legacy on GC with my son.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 johnd13

@R4gn4r0k said:

I keep telling myself that I need to re-re-replay the Dishonord games and do a high chaos run this time. But whenever I play it I always go low chaos. When given the choice I almost never go for the kills in favor of non-lethal.

Lol same here. Which is a shame because stealth executions (from behind or drop assassinations) in Dishonored are very satisfying. I'm trying to find a middle ground by knocking out "innocent people" like guards (they're just doing their jobs) and killing those that deserve it (Daud's assassins or Delilah's witches).

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38726 Posts

Metro Exodus. Liking it much more than originally when i tried it at release.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

Xenoblade DE. I'm up to Makna Forest now. I'm really enjoying this game again, but man do I hate some of the huge-ass areas when trying to do quests. At least they guide you to the objective now.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: I'm kinda surprise you aren't getting C&C Remastered and I'd imagine you'll be playing it all weekend long.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#37 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

@Epak_: @iambatman7986:

I just finished Days Gone this week, and yes it's not quite up to par with other sony exclusives in story and presentation. The pacing is a little weird too.

BUT the later stages in the game get really interesting, with new enemy types and more hordes. It's a shame that the game takes so long to get going.

I reccomend playing on Normal, not easy, give your self a challenge. It will keep you on your toes. I don't think you can start with Hard but if you can do it.

Also, you could just play the main story missions. You'll pace through the game quicker and get to the good stuff.

I'm also going to start Outer Worlds today! Maybe play a few side missions in Days Gone

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Xenoblade DE. I'm up to Makna Forest now. I'm really enjoying this game again, but man do I hate some of the huge-ass areas when trying to do quests. At least they guide you to the objective now.

I never played the original, but it sounds like you're going to rip through this game in no time lol.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: It's a loooong game lol. Not as bad as P5R, but it can be if you do everything. I've done around 95% of the sidequests up until now. It just sucks that they're largely lame fetch-quests.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Star67: Normal is my default difficulty in most games. I think the load screens are the most annoying aspect in the game so far :P

nstout83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nstout83
Member since 2020 • 2 Posts

Im going to finish GTA V this weekend. Ive been spending a lot of time playing this game for the past few weeks. Im having a lot of fun. Ill definitely feel an emptiness when I finish this game.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

XCOM: Chimera Squad.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R4gn4r0k

@davillain- said:

@R4gn4r0k: I'm kinda surprise you aren't getting C&C Remastered and I'd imagine you'll be playing it all weekend long.

Yup, huge RTS fan right here.

And I've played my fair share of C&C games, and loved all of them.

But I really do think that time hasn't been too kind on these games. I'm sure the gameplay still holds up, with some tweaks here and there. But playing the Age of Empires 1&2 remasters had me really disliking the sprites. And how rough moving the camera felt.

Give me smooth looking 3D graphics. That's why I'm looking forward to Age of Empires 3 remaster... But even more so to new RTS like Iron Harvest and Age of Empires IV.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

@lundy86_4: Fair play. I treat the side quests as more filler if i hit a bit of a wall in the main quest. As much as i love XC1 it definitely is not a game i would want to 100%. Thank god it's got quest trackers now at least.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#45 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Replaying some Mortal Kombat 9 Komplete Edition on PC.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Just getting into RE2 remake.

Chozofication

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Chozofication
Member since 2020 • 231 Posts

Mario and rabbids, astral chain and Yoshi Co op

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#48 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

I just beat borderlands 3. Now back to Saints row the third remastered and Pokémon sword.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Persona 5 Royal and Animal Crossing New Horizons. I might start Xenoblade DE this weekend.

I have also been reading the Witcher books.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

Hunt: Showdown is the only sure thang for now.