What are you playing this weekend, SW?

• 75 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#1 Posted by SolidGame_basic (23937 posts) -

Good question. I beat DMC V last weekend, but I intend to replay it at some point. I also need to get back to Kingdom Hearts 3 and Fire Emblem Echoes. And of course I have my FPS games like Rainbow Six Siege, Apex, Battlefield, etc.

How about you, SW? What are you playing this weekend?

#2 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6615 posts) -

DMC 5 and gonna grab the Dark Souls Trilogy this weekend for the PS4.

#3 Posted by madrocketeer (6183 posts) -

When I'm not running Exploiter Orb for those sweet, sweet Lazulite Toroids in Warframe, I'm currently galloping between Dreamfall Chapters, SoulCalibur VI and Destiny 2.

Also, GOG Spring Sale is on, so I'm waiting to see what daily deal they come up with.

#4 Posted by brimmul777 (4004 posts) -

Probably Trials Rising and Dead or Alive 6. Working this weekend,so I won't have a chance to put a lot of time into it.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#5 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13516 posts) -

Division 2

#6 Edited by Howmakewood (5753 posts) -

Sekiro

#7 Posted by TheEroica (18356 posts) -

I'm training to hike Mount Whitney in california... I'm down to 175lbs, lean muscle is back in business... Feeling strong. I'll probably play some switch in the down times but I'm up at 5am on a Ridgeline by 630 and hiking like crazy.... Then chasing my sons around baseball fields all day....

I probably won't be totally invested in a game again until cuphead hits switch.... I also have to finish god of War. What a fantastic game!

#8 Edited by DaVillain- (35459 posts) -

The Division 2, Bioshock Remastered, & probably Skyrim. All three games this weekend long so I can try to clear them out of the way. Oh and still playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate unless I'm not at home of course.

#9 Edited by SolidGame_basic (23937 posts) -
@TheEroica said:

I'm training to hike Mount Whitney in california... I'm down to 175lbs, lean muscle is back in business... Feeling strong. I'll probably play some switch in the down times but I'm up at 5am on a Ridgeline by 630 and hiking like crazy.... Then chasing my sons around baseball fields all day....

I probably won't be totally invested in a game again until cuphead hits switch.... I also have to finish god of War. What a fantastic game!

Wow, that sounds quite the weekend. You're playing God of War for the first time? Surprised.

#10 Posted by watercrack445 (1334 posts) -

Far cry 5

#11 Posted by robert_sparkes (2775 posts) -

yazuka kiwami no nothing about the series not even sure I should have started in this order but already a few hours in.

#12 Posted by TheEroica (18356 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: yep, I bought it on the cheap before Xmas... Wanted to get through rdr2 before starting it up. I really didn't expect it to be as satisfying as it is... Was afraid of long cutscenes and no meat on the bones gameplay, but it's the total opposite... God of War is really quite wonderful...

#13 Posted by dalger21 (2138 posts) -

The Division 2.

#14 Posted by xantufrog (11010 posts) -

Definitely Ancestors Legacy. Good buy, that one. Not sure what else - perhaps Bayonetta and/or Shadowrun (Genesis)

#15 Posted by johnd13 (9659 posts) -

I want to give What Remains of Edith Finch a try. It's highly praised plus I got it for free from the Epic Games Store.

#16 Edited by SecretPolice (34938 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

I want to give What Remains of Edith Finch a try. It's highly praised plus I got it for free from the Epic Games Store.

Just DL'd it from GamePass last night and will likely give it a whirl this weekend as well.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#17 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (5667 posts) -

Dead by Daylight and Resident Evil 2, and probably some Turok on Switch.

#18 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30519 posts) -
@xantufrog said:

Definitely Ancestors Legacy. Good buy, that one. Not sure what else - perhaps Bayonetta and/or Shadowrun (Genesis)

Yeah, i'm still playing that too. The campaign is a lot of fun and the combat mechanics are really special for an RTS game, you don't just get healthbars, the combat is really visceral and realistic.

#19 Posted by pyro1245 (4826 posts) -

Sekiro!!!!!!

#20 Posted by phbz (4209 posts) -

Sekiro. Jebus the combat is superb!

#21 Posted by lundy86_4 (52331 posts) -

Sekiro.

#22 Posted by SolidGame_basic (23937 posts) -

@SecretPolice: I really enjoyed that game

#23 Posted by SecretPolice (34938 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic:

Cool, like that other person said, I've heard very good things about it and it looks like something I can just chill with this weekend. :)

#24 Posted by navyguy21 (15218 posts) -

The Division 2

Will try Sekiro

Maybe more AC Odyssey

#25 Posted by SolidGame_basic (23937 posts) -

@SecretPolice: it's short, literally 2 hours

#26 Posted by SecretPolice (34938 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic:

lol, seriously? I had not heard that before and that's okay by me since I really do have more than enough to play these days so I can complete that and move on to other stuff.

#27 Posted by sakaiXx (5157 posts) -

Just bought shadow of the tomb raider... honestly never liked the Rise of tomb raider cause snow is such a bad setting when overused and levels were very linear compared to the reboot but anyhow, only buying to finish the trilogy...

#28 Posted by evilross (1966 posts) -

Splitting my gaming time this weekend.

Starting SEKIRO

Finishing up SPACE HULK TACTICS

Only a few more trophies till the platinum in Space Hulk.

#29 Posted by cainetao11 (36413 posts) -

Sekiro. So far it is making a case as the best action hack & slash of the gen imo.

#30 Posted by Archangel3371 (27343 posts) -

Probably some more Devil May Cry 5. I want to get back to Soul Calibur VI so I may play some of that as well.

#31 Posted by IgGy621985 (5486 posts) -

Thinking about getting The Division 2, so I might play that one.

Finished Metro: Exodus yesterday. Got the bad ending :-(

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#32 Posted by drummerdave9099 (4048 posts) -

@Gamerno6666 said:

DMC 5 and gonna grab the Dark Souls Trilogy this weekend for the PS4.

That'll definitely be something you can cruise through in one weekend :P haha

Enjoy!

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#33 Posted by drummerdave9099 (4048 posts) -

Super Mario RPG. 2019 is a big year of SNES and Genesis games that I'm catching up on.

I also found a sweet deal on Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu on Facebook marketplace so I'm picking that up tomorrow and will get started

#34 Posted by uninspiredcup (32103 posts) -

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight

#35 Posted by Mandzilla (3786 posts) -

Fire Emblem: Awakening and Pokemon Crystal.

#36 Posted by Litchie (23476 posts) -

Why, Sekiro of course.

#37 Edited by Horgen (119944 posts) -

Far Cry 5. Maybe I'll get close to finish it now.

#38 Posted by DaVillain- (35459 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

Fire Emblem: Awakening and Pokemon Crystal.

Pokemon Crystal, now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. It was the first Pokemon game in the series to let you change the gender of the main character/avatar.

#39 Posted by with_teeth26 (9425 posts) -

Division 2

#40 Posted by getyeryayasout (12197 posts) -

DMC V and Sekiro primarily.

#41 Posted by Lucianu (10338 posts) -
@getyeryayasout said:

Ditto, haven't caught up with DMC5 but will do so. As for Sekiro, i love everything that has to do with Japan's history, specifically the Sengoku period and the Edo period. Unfortunately, i suck ass, so i may have to restart the entire game at some points if i die to many times because the death penalty is truly ruthless.

#42 Posted by adsparky (1251 posts) -

Monster Hunter World and i recently got The Sexy Brutale so probably that too.

#43 Posted by glez13 (9908 posts) -

I got Sekiro but only because I managed a decent discount for the preorder, will probably start it next week. Right now I'm mainly playing Valkyria Chronicles 4, already on the post game, and playing on the side some Dead or Alive 6, Dirt Rally 2.0 and FIFA.

#44 Posted by glez13 (9908 posts) -

@Lucianu said:
@getyeryayasout said:

Ditto, haven't caught up with DMC5 but will do so. As for Sekiro, i love everything that has to do with Japan's history, specifically the Sengoku period and the Edo period. Unfortunately, i suck ass, so i may have to restart the entire game at some points if i die to many times because the death penalty is truly ruthless.

The "death penalty" in Sekiro only affects you if you use the revive feature upon death. Also you can cure the "death penalty" but apparently the item to do so is finite so you shouldn't be using the revive ability randomly.

#45 Posted by warmblur (1939 posts) -

Replaying Watch Dogs 2 and Shadow of the Tomb raider.

#46 Posted by marley7game (31 posts) -

time 2 finish RedDead2 this weekend

#47 Edited by marley7game (31 posts) -

#48 Posted by Mandzilla (3786 posts) -

@davillain-: Yeah, hurrah for sex changes! Pokemon Crystal is really good, can't beat the old school Pokemon games. :) I went with Totodile as the starter.

#49 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2216 posts) -

Finish up Red Dead Redemption 2 then idk maybe I'll go buy God of War. If not I'll jump back into backlogville and play Tales of Zestiria, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, or Tales of Xillia 2.

#50 Posted by Lucianu (10338 posts) -
@glez13 said:
@Lucianu said:
@getyeryayasout said:

The "death penalty" in Sekiro only affects you if you use the revive feature upon death. Also you can cure the "death penalty" but apparently the item to do so is finite so you shouldn't be using the revive ability randomly.

What are you talking about? Because i'm talking about a piece a shit of a death penalty that makes you lose half of your experience, half of your coins, and after a few more deaths you get the added bonus of a little nasty piece a shit called a rot essence or something that apparently does some foul stuff with the NPCs in game.

I just played for like a couple of hours testing the settings out on my PC, after getting that rotted shit, i said "nope" and started a new game.