Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Wii U has gamepad, motion controller gaming, free online

PS4 advantages is better graphics, better frame rate, cheaper online, more games and better Playstation PLUS games.

What are Xbox One advantages? Kinect was but because Microsoft dropped this, now we have no Kinect games. Games with Gold costs more than PlaystationPlus and has weaker games. What are fair Xbox One advantages over Wii U and PS4?

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

Xbone is better at failing than ps4

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I personally think it has awesome exclusives... That's the reason I bought one.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Exclusive resolution no other systems are allowed to have. 792p

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts

@sam890 said:

Awesome.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

It has Kinect, one of the premier gaming utilities.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

better exclusives, at least so far.

titanfall (console exclusive)

sunset overdrive

d4

quantum break

i guess master chief collection

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

Making pathetic Cows.... Cry, Whimper, Cower and go Butthurt over a plastic electronic LOL

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: You already played quantum break? man must be awesome to be able to play games before release and be able to tell how good they are :)

Back on topic: Xbox is good for um... TV, betting on UFC pay per views, yoga and everything that isn't gaming

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#11 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Cloud , rain and snow . JK

I prefer kind of exclusives , that Xbox One is going to get in 2015 like Quantum Break and Halo 5 etc . On PS4 , right now the only thing that excites me is Uncharted 4 , and even that won't bring something new like QB (or Halo 5 with open world features etc) IMO .

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Controller battery life. And you can talk to it.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts

The Halo Collection. Like, the greatest thing to come to console gaming ever. And I guess that yelling at my Kinect is fun :P Owning one right now is kinda useless though, I've just been playing Borderlands 2 on my PC. Forza 5 is quite boring. Titanfall is great, though, just haven't been giving it the attention it needs.

Oh yea, Dance Central is great for parties too, will be fun to take to school this year.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FreedomFreeLife

@Floppy_Jim said:

This is the worst thing. It´s like Mobile Phone uses batterie. It´s just stupid. Why use batterie when you could have controller without battarie and play without any problem forever?

Microsoft needs to hire better hardware team

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FreedomFreeLife

Let´s leave exclusives behind. Wii U, ps4 and Xbox One has all great exclusives but what are advantages?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50553 Posts

tv tie in if you like that and dedicated servers

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

This is the worst thing. It´s like Mobile Phone uses batterie. It´s just stupid. Why use batterie when you could have controller without battarie and play without any problem forever?

Microsoft needs to hire better hardware team

Lol, "batterie". Whatever, at least you get much more than a puny 7 hours with the Bone controller.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

better exclusives and better controller

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Some great exclusives. Halo is still the best exclusive shooter series, Forza never disappoints, Sunset Overdrive looks amazing, Gears have been great so far, etc.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

I think exclusive games put any system on top and right now, X1 has more exclusives especially online exclusives which put it ahead. Titanfall, Halo, Sunset Over Drive, and Crack Down 3 are all great multiplayer games for this year. I also liked Forza 4, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and of course my favorite fighting game Killer Instinct (a system seller IMO for fighting fans). Sony has Infamous and Killzone as exclusives which are great, KZ has amazing graphics and as for next year it has a couple of great exclusives like Demon Soul like game and The Order. I really think both wins because the diversity of each system exclusives are different, but this year Microsoft showed more exclusives. You might want to add Fable coming out this year on X1, but I don't know might be a mediocre game

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Weren't you cheerleading the Xbox One a while ago? I mean, you were one of the most rampant (read: delusional) lemsicles here.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

What powers you ask? Ha, how about the power of flight? Does that do anything for ya? How about the ability to kill a yak at 300 yards....................with mind bullets?!?!?!!

How about the power to move you?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@sukraj said:

better exclusives and better controller

Those are both opinions which the majority of gamers and critics disagree with on both options.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

At this point?

Great exclusives, voice commands, achievements, snap features, complete entertainment such as movies, TV, music, YouTube, bluray and more. Skype and a few other awesome features.

All 3 consoles are amazing.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kinectthedots

@PAL360 said:

Some great exclusives. Halo is still the best exclusive shooter series, Forza never disappoints, Sunset Overdrive looks amazing, Gears have been great so far, etc.

Those are opinions which I wouldn't disagree with on any point, however the TC asked for X1 advantages.

At this point in the game, looking at the tried and true long time franchises that xbox is known for (halo, forza, gears) how are any of those titles advantages for xbox 1 if the system is already out the fans of those games already bought the system?

Speculation, maybe, but I argue that unless it's a new IP like Sunset Overdrive, those old franchise won't have much of an impact or be real "advantages" for x1 when there are also great exclusives on other systems to choose from + their other advantages.

So the real question becomes, do Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break have enough star power to become advantages over the other exclusives that are available on other systems. Personally, I think Sunset Overdrive looks great, but does it look good enough to buy an entire system for? That I am not sure about.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

Well even though it Is a small feature the TV input is still a pretty good feature that the 399 box has. I know that ps4 does have apps but I don't think it will match the amount of apps the Xbox one has at this point. I know it's supposed to be about gaming but I need my HBO app when Xbox one gets it.

I personally agree that unless your interested in the exclusive games like I and others are it's hard to pick the Xbox one over the ps4 as of now. Thats why I feel like a price drop or inclusion of game would be better value. Unless they can come up with a game changer it will still be behind

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

No meantion of Scalebound? Aw man, i love Platinum.

Also, TC, PS plus subscriptions are actually more expensive in some countries, like the UK.

Also, the Kinect i guess. The fact that it's optional is a fucking relief, but it it'll probably get some games eventually so some people, maybe for their kids, will want it. Also, wasn't it suppose to be an all in one entertainment system? Did tehy drop support for it, or are not going to keep updating anything?

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

Once developers start utilizing Microsoft's cloud and that becomes the norm, the PS4 is going to feel like an old, out-dated relic of a by-gone era. Those who have both will soon find themselves discarding their PS4 into the ash heap of inferior online gaming systems. It shall become nothing more than an expensive, decaying remnant of over-hyped garbage. Microsoft will have the best online games and will be the only logical choice for online gaming. If you live under a rock and do not have an adequate internet connection or do not have one at all, stick with your 2nd rate next-gen online-gaming system also known as the PS4. But fear not, because it will assuredly have some great games that you can enjoy playing. By yourself. And there's nothing wrong with that. If you want true next-gen online gaming there's only one ... Xbox One.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

A burglar would be less inclined to steal it than a ps4 or wii u.

Seriously though, the only real advantage I can think of at the moment is you can just hook up any usb harddrive to it. Internal harddrives are nice, but they're pretty expensive in comparison.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

It's a opinion, but I would say the games. I personally am more interested in their lineup over the other consoles. Another thing I do like about Xbox is the UI. I find the home screen for PS4 to be really bland and boring. Also, the whole tv thing is actually pretty neat.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kinectthedots

@handssss said:

A burglar would be less inclined to steal it than a ps4 or wii u.

Seriously though, the only real advantage I can think of at the moment is you can just hook up any usb harddrive to it. Internal harddrives are nice, but they're pretty expensive in comparison.

Good job. A valid answer. That actually is a +1 in xbox 1's favor. Surprised Sony hasn't done that yet with PS4 when looking at what the original PS3 could do smh.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SoftwareGeek

X1 one is the only system that's truly innovating when it comes to gaming and cloud computing. This is where it's leaving the ps4 in the dust. I cannot wait for Sunset Overdrive!

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#35 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@kinectthedots: .Sure, those are not advantages since every system has its own exclusives. Just reasons to prefer a system over the others. Personaly, while i see Xbox One as a great system, i see no objective advantages over the competition, especially PS4. Very similar consoles, but PS4 has the advantage of having more dev support and being slightly more powerful.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@softwaregeek said:

X1 one is the only system that's truly innovating when it comes to gaming and cloud computing. This is where it's leaving the ps4 in the dust. I cannot wait for Sunset Overdrive!

kinect is so bad they had to can it and mind giving examples of this "cloud computing" on xbone?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Krelian-co

Something something another gen of halo gears forza rehashes.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SoftwareGeek

Off the top of my head, Titanfall, sunset overdrive, both utilize the cloud. more will follow. Imagine this for just a second Krelian. A console system is more than just the sum of it's internal parts. It's all the support that goes with it. Which means access to a billion dollar server farm that can do calculations much much faster than your console. The servers in the cloud run circles around your consoles. That's a whole different level of machine. you might want to follow this link ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxHdUDhOMyw

As with anything else, developers will get better and better at using the cloud. This is true innovation.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The only one I can think of (besides exclusives) is the picture in picture capability. Many HDTVs lack that capability.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Can someone shed some light on actual usefulness of snap features and multitasking as well as suspend-resume feature in games?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Krelian-co

@softwaregeek said:

Off the top of my head, Titanfall, sunset overdrive, both utilize the cloud. more will follow. Imagine this for just a second Krelian. A console system is more than just the sum of it's internal parts. It's all the support that goes with it. Which means access to a billion dollar server farm that can do calculations much much faster than your console. The servers in the cloud run circles around your consoles. That's a whole different level of machine. you might want to follow this link ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxHdUDhOMyw

As with anything else, developers will get better and better at using the cloud. This is true innovation.

no no, don't come with bs like x game uses it, give me examples of how they use them instead of bs PR. Explain. I have titanfall on pc which according to you uses teh powa of the cloud (tm) and it has absolutely no difference with any multiplayer game to date, so explain to me how are they using it other than a marketing gimmick.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

#1 The One's games that won't be found on the other consoles. Beyond that, MS OS and their continued improvements incoming using... Esram, SecretSauce, Cloud, DX12, dedicated servers, Kinect etc. :P

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

i think it fails better

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#46  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

If you have a 720p television, you don't have to upgrade to get the most out of it visually.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

for now its only advantage is that MS blew its load early and things looks like the xbone has more exclusives coming out. But we all know that they'll not be able to compete with sony when it comes to exclusive games anyway.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

I'd have to say that the Xbox OS is it's biggest advantage, it uses less resources and everything is instant when multitasking. I sometimes turn my xbox on and forget that I was playing a game when I turned it off only to have it boot into the game exactly where I left off.

DLNA and being able to play media from any device on my network to the Xbox.

Being able to download a game and play online at the same time.

Watch Netflix/Hulu/Youtube while playing online games like BF4 and Titanfall with no lag.

Seamlessly switch between apps.

No light bar needed on controller to recognize which user is holding the controller.

Newer tech like Microsoft Catapult system.

More exclusives coming out this year.

So far it seems that PS4 wins as a game system by going the safe route, but the Xbox itself seems to be built with more future technology in mind.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

It is a blast to make fun of!

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Ability to stream media from a network connected pc straight to the box, something Ps4 cant do. Every dev can use dedicated servers if they so choose, better sound codex, better wifi, the pause on shut down and start back from where you left off when turning the system back on, full Skype integration with full motion tracking, the ability to upload straight to Youtube, the ps4 cant do this and steps are needed.