What are the Top 3 Greatest Developer?

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#101 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58889 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@charizard1605 said:
  • Nintendo: This should be self explanatory, and really, if you question their inclusion, you might need a crash course in gaming history.
  • Atlus: Everything they churn out is pure gold. Atlus have not made a bad game in a very long time.
  • Naughty Dog: The newer guard and direction of this industry is defined by Naughty Dog. Their technical mastery is legendary, and their ability to make an absolute stunning product (Uncharted 3 notwithstanding) very well known.

Naughty Dog makes amazing movies, don't they? :P

Not sure how this industry is defined by Naughty Dog.

At the moment, the industry is defined by mobile and tablet games. As well as titles like Minecraft that are basically made for nothing, with 0 marketing yet make billions. These are what seem to defining the future of the industry, not Naughty Dog.

Even from a technical perspective, it's arguably Epic with the unreal engine that defines last gen with the future quite possibly the exact same thing again.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Nintendo

Interplay: Baldur's Gate,Descent,Earthworm Jim,Fallout 1-2,Icewind Dales,MDK,Planescape Torment,Wasteland

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#103 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@uninspiredcup: When did I say Valve doesn't have a great library? I said Valve doesn't create their video games,

But they do. You're using the argument of "ip" is if they don't actually sit in an office and craft games.

Yeah, Valve crafted the Source Engine. Half-Life. Steam and that's it. Apple of the video game world.

Apple didn't invent the MP3 player, they didn't invent the smart phone, they didn't invent the tablet...they popularized it.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

1) Naughty Dog

2) Valve

3) Nintendo

4) Rockstar

5) Suda 51/Platinum/Grasshopper

As far as production values go Naughty Dog is pretty much in a league of their own. I think they are the absolute most important video game developer of this gen and they're going to, or already have, change the way we look at video games. The Last of Us was groundbreaking for its overall quality and I can't wait to see what the future will bring from them.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#105  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Nintendo (Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2)

Rockstar North (Red Dead Redemption, GTA5)

Naughty Dog (Uncharted 2, The Last Of Us)

Developers that put out the most critically acclaimed titles last gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#106 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

To me :

SquareSoft until they merge with Enix ...they made many of the beloved console JRPG

Nintendo maybe the only one that as the whole package : iconic caracters, many derived products, revolutionized gaming 3 gen in a row and they still make games that people love

Capcom before the 360/PS3 era where they pretty much sh** all over everything they did

Honorable mention to Sony who put a lot of unique games on the market in their folio they sure have a game for every taste.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#107  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Right now:

1: Platinum Games: Bayonetta is terrific. Vanquish, Revengeance, and Wonderful 101 are pretty damn good. Anarchy Reigns is okay, but at least experimental from a mp perspective. Madworld is a dud. Their consistency is whatever, but they have a strangle hold on making stylish action games at this point. They can do things that are actually unique in that genre (wonderful 101, anarchy reigns mp), and they can make tightly designed action games (revengeance), a fucking beast (Bayonetta), and oh by the way they did one of the more exciting third person shooters in Vanquish, monotone nature and all. Legit developer.

2: From Software: Specifically the Souls team. Demon's Souls is fantastic. Dark Souls is fantastic. I'm going to assume Dark Souls 2 is fantastic (haven't played it yet). Bloodborne looks fantastic. They know how to do atmosphere and giving a world a sense of place. Exploring their environments actually are worth a damn, and they know how to deliver a consistent theme to their games. If they could you know, do other shit besides the Souls games effectively they would be a beast of a developer.

3:Firaxis: XCom Enemy Unknown is bitchin, Civilization 4 was bitchin, Civilization 5 with dem hexes and dem expansions is bitchin. The studio is bitchin, and make fantastic turn based strategy games.

Wait: this is an all time thread?

1: Nintendo
2: Black Isle
3: Capcom

All time thread: where the dev needs to exist?

1: Nintendo
2: Blizzard
3: Valve

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By uninspiredcup

@R3FURBISHED said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@uninspiredcup: When did I say Valve doesn't have a great library? I said Valve doesn't create their video games,

But they do. You're using the argument of "ip" is if they don't actually sit in an office and craft games.

Yeah, Valve crafted the Source Engine. Half-Life. Steam

Portal, Portal 2, Alien Swarm, Left4dead, left4dead 2, Source 2, Team Fortress 2, Counterstrike: Go steam works, source film maker yada yada yada e.t.c...

Regardless of potty mouth lies and derogatory terms like "apple" the reality presented exists and remains. Sadly, Tears cannot change this.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@intotheminx said:

@AzatiS said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@AzatiS said:

@uninspiredcup said:

It's common knowledge Nintendo and Valve are the greatest developers in the industry, this is of course, the universal answer that should be enforceable applied to all posts across the land.

Capcom would probably be the third. Resident Evil, Street Fighter e.t.c... like Nintendo very important to the early development of consoles.

Unsure why people are saying Naughty Dog. 4 movie games, waste of time. Contributed nothing. Subway ads.

Naughty dog provided 2 new IPs last gen that won countless awards from gamers , industry and media( love them or hate em thats a fact )

My friend, this is the media and the very website you are on right now that has a pretend news source for Call Of Duty with (promo) written in tiny indistinguishable writing. Gamers these days are objectively inferior to us old timers. We have more experience and thus, a wider pool of knowledge to draw from.

While the younger people may not have experienced it, as an older gamer, I remember playing Street Fighter II: Turbo on my snes thinking "this is at least 5 times better than the last of us".

Through titles such as Resident Evil and Street Fighter II, Capcom practically invented the genres.

Not only that, with Street Fighter 4, they made it relevant again.

It's worth noting as well, competitively, most pc gamers view console gaming as a joke. The gaming media simply uses the concept to essentially, sell shit. A gimmick. Street Fighter 4 is arguable, the only game with credibility as a competitive sport for athletes such as myself (former professional Quake 3 player) can point towards on consoles.

Factually speaking (again fact) Capcom are objectively better developers who have contributed far more.

Subway burgers are not innovation.

So media got paid as well as whole industry got paid including competitors that praised those 2 new IPs ... hmm !! Ok !

As for Capcom ... Last gen was a big dissapointment. RE5/RE6 , Bionic commando , Dark void , Lost planet ..you name it. IF it wasnt for SF4 it would have been a disaster. And thats a 9 years period we talking about. The once big innovators and one of my favorite developers ever... became a crappy. Thats all there is to it. All their new IPs last gen VS NDs .. couldnt even think to go next to them. Simply put

Yes, last gen Capcom did suck, except for SFIV imo, but look at the generations before that and all the great games their name is behind. From PS1 alone I remember playing RE 1-3, Breath of Fire III and IV, a ton of Mega Man games, Darkstalkers, Dino Crisis....uhhh I'm sure there is more, but I know for a fact those are Capcom games. That is not including PS2/Xbox/Dreamcast/SNES/Sega etc. This gen just started and I'm hoping Capcom can turn it around because they have put out a ton of classics in the past....actually the first Dead Rising was decent last gen. I still cannot comprehend how some people are comparing such a tiny body of work to massive catalogs full of classics.

Who can deny that . One of my favorite franchise was Resident Evil ( i lost intereset with RE4 and beyond ) and Street Fighter 2. Still are. But we talking 20 years ago or more. If you want to name a developer the best ever it needs to has consistency. Period.

Now , tiny body of work to make new IP from scratch and win the whole industry ? Are you kidding me now ?

Now if its that easy and capcom is that good ... why they havent delivered any highly acclaimed new ip for over a decade now ( more or less ). Because its NOT that easy to make a new IP from scratch and be that good. Period. Now imagine to do that twice in a few years ! Well ...sorry but if you are not super talented and awesome developer...that wont happen not 1 in a million...

So calling ND names or wondering why some people choose ND in their TOP 3 developers ... is a joke.

I was following you until your last hostile sentence. Try to actually comprehend what I'm saying(I don't mean that in a asshole way). Capcom wen't on a pretty long stretch of releasing high quality games. As of now, they have met a roadblock, but before that...the RE trilogy, etc. etc.(I've already listed the games). ND is a extremely talented studio, but they haven't released enough games to go on such a monsterous stretch Capcom has in the past. Lets say, hypothetically, the next ND game is trash...where does that leave them on your list? Lets say they release high quality games the next 5 years...all that does is put them on Capcoms level. Every developer will have a rotten egg eventually. What I'm saying is......eventually the present will become the past and you will be saying the same thing about ND as I am for Capcom, if they continue their streak.

Also, Capcom has made SF, RE, BoF...so they aren't necessarily unfamiliar with creating new ips. The real joke is when you compare the libraries of each developer and claim the team with less experience is the better one when they haven't been around for 20 years like the other.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 intotheminx

@charizard1605: Honestly, you were one of the few people I respected on this forum, until this post lol. You basically threw out Nintendo because of their past and then put ND on a pedestal. They may be the most hyped at this moment, but they haven't stood the test of time.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#111  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts
  • Nintendo EAD
  • Atlus
  • Valve

Honorable mentions: Intelligent Systems, Sega, Ubisoft Montreal, Ensemble Studios, Retro Studios, Rocksteady, Fireaxis, Square Soft and Monolith Soft.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

343 Industries-Made Halo not look like shit and replaced Bungie who would have turned Halo into a shitty MMO/Borderlands wannabe

Rare after MS purchase-Revolutionized motion gaming and created Avatars.

Naughty Dog-Tricked the games industry into making a huge deal out of 3 mediocre games and CGI for a 4th.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 intotheminx

@Seabas989 said:
  • Nintendo EAD
  • Atlus
  • Valve

Honorable mentions: Intelligent Systems, Sega, Ubisoft Montreal, Ensemble Studios, Retro Studios.

Wow...I had no idea Atlus made so many games lol. Talkin about "standin the test of time." I'm impressed.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Regardless of potty mouth lies and derogatory terms like "apple" the reality presented exists and remains. Sadly, Tears cannot change this.

You're an absolute fucking idiot

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 uninspiredcup

I respect your opinion. And you, as a person.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#116 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@intotheminx: How'd I throw out Nintendo? They're still #1 on my list, aren't they?

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

I would say probably Nintendo, Rockstar and Naughty Dog probably in that order. Bungie is getting up there. Ubisoft has a lot of good games but they have their issues. Bethesda is always good. Blizzard has fallen off a bit. They abandoned games like Warcraft because of Wow and went for the money. They are trying to reestablish that nitch again though with strategy games. Bioware is still good. Capcom. From Software. Rock steady. Love Double Fine and Telltale games. Oldschool and not the budget of some of these other ones but still bring it. Quantic Dream. That's more than 3, but I'd still say Nintendo, Rockstar and Naughty Dog are tops. Never been a huge fan of Valve.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#118  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Ugh how could I forget Atlus

FML

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#119 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

hard choice 1 naughty dog 2 rockstar 3 rocksteady&kojima game stydio for me

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@intotheminx said:

@AzatiS said:

@intotheminx said:

@AzatiS said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@AzatiS said:

@uninspiredcup said:

It's common knowledge Nintendo and Valve are the greatest developers in the industry, this is of course, the universal answer that should be enforceable applied to all posts across the land.

Capcom would probably be the third. Resident Evil, Street Fighter e.t.c... like Nintendo very important to the early development of consoles.

Unsure why people are saying Naughty Dog. 4 movie games, waste of time. Contributed nothing. Subway ads.

Naughty dog provided 2 new IPs last gen that won countless awards from gamers , industry and media( love them or hate em thats a fact )

My friend, this is the media and the very website you are on right now that has a pretend news source for Call Of Duty with (promo) written in tiny indistinguishable writing. Gamers these days are objectively inferior to us old timers. We have more experience and thus, a wider pool of knowledge to draw from.

While the younger people may not have experienced it, as an older gamer, I remember playing Street Fighter II: Turbo on my snes thinking "this is at least 5 times better than the last of us".

Through titles such as Resident Evil and Street Fighter II, Capcom practically invented the genres.

Not only that, with Street Fighter 4, they made it relevant again.

It's worth noting as well, competitively, most pc gamers view console gaming as a joke. The gaming media simply uses the concept to essentially, sell shit. A gimmick. Street Fighter 4 is arguable, the only game with credibility as a competitive sport for athletes such as myself (former professional Quake 3 player) can point towards on consoles.

Factually speaking (again fact) Capcom are objectively better developers who have contributed far more.

Subway burgers are not innovation.

So media got paid as well as whole industry got paid including competitors that praised those 2 new IPs ... hmm !! Ok !

As for Capcom ... Last gen was a big dissapointment. RE5/RE6 , Bionic commando , Dark void , Lost planet ..you name it. IF it wasnt for SF4 it would have been a disaster. And thats a 9 years period we talking about. The once big innovators and one of my favorite developers ever... became a crappy. Thats all there is to it. All their new IPs last gen VS NDs .. couldnt even think to go next to them. Simply put

Yes, last gen Capcom did suck, except for SFIV imo, but look at the generations before that and all the great games their name is behind. From PS1 alone I remember playing RE 1-3, Breath of Fire III and IV, a ton of Mega Man games, Darkstalkers, Dino Crisis....uhhh I'm sure there is more, but I know for a fact those are Capcom games. That is not including PS2/Xbox/Dreamcast/SNES/Sega etc. This gen just started and I'm hoping Capcom can turn it around because they have put out a ton of classics in the past....actually the first Dead Rising was decent last gen. I still cannot comprehend how some people are comparing such a tiny body of work to massive catalogs full of classics.

Who can deny that . One of my favorite franchise was Resident Evil ( i lost intereset with RE4 and beyond ) and Street Fighter 2. Still are. But we talking 20 years ago or more. If you want to name a developer the best ever it needs to has consistency. Period.

Now , tiny body of work to make new IP from scratch and win the whole industry ? Are you kidding me now ?

Now if its that easy and capcom is that good ... why they havent delivered any highly acclaimed new ip for over a decade now ( more or less ). Because its NOT that easy to make a new IP from scratch and be that good. Period. Now imagine to do that twice in a few years ! Well ...sorry but if you are not super talented and awesome developer...that wont happen not 1 in a million...

So calling ND names or wondering why some people choose ND in their TOP 3 developers ... is a joke.

I was following you until your last hostile sentence. Try to actually comprehend what I'm saying(I don't mean that in a asshole way). Capcom wen't on a pretty long stretch of releasing high quality games. As of now, they have met a roadblock, but before that...the RE trilogy, etc. etc.(I've already listed the games). ND is a extremely talented studio, but they haven't released enough games to go on such a monsterous stretch Capcom has in the past. Lets say, hypothetically, the next ND game is trash...where does that leave them on your list? Lets say they release high quality games the next 5 years...all that does is put them on Capcoms level. Every developer will have a rotten egg eventually. What I'm saying is......eventually the present will become the past and you will be saying the same thing about ND as I am for Capcom, if they continue their streak.

Also, Capcom has made SF, RE, BoF...so they aren't necessarily unfamiliar with creating new ips. The real joke is when you compare the libraries of each developer and claim the team with less experience is the better one when they haven't been around for 20 years like the other.

No bro , you people are hostile towards one of the best , if not the best , developer of the last 10 years. Im the defender here you are the hostiles with no reason.

Then again the difference between you and me is .... i never said why did you choose Capcom as your favorite. All im saying is ..why the heck you judging some people choosing ND as their favorite. Thats our difference. You choose Crapcom , fine. But to judge other people choosing ND ... Then im the hostile ...come on..

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Nintendo

rockstar

valve

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

All time?

• Capcom
  • Konami
  • Nintendo

Currently?

• KojiPro
  • Naughty Dog
  • Firaxis Should probably be in the last list as well.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Is it even possible to pick any other three?

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

Rockstar Games, Nintendo and Valve.

Priapus10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Priapus10101
Member since 2013 • 157 Posts

My big three: Valve, Blizzard and Nintendo. That list has been set in stone for at least a decade now and is looking to stay that way in the foreseeable future.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#126  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

Valve and Capcom, Rocksteady

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#127 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

Bethesda

Naughty Dog

Kojima

Honorable mentions: Rockstar and Squaresoft (**** Square Enix)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

Naughty Gods

Bioware

RockStar

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#129 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts
@UnbiasedPoster said:

All time?

• Capcom
  • Konami
  • Nintendo

Currently?

• KojiPro
  • Naughty Dog

Except Firaxis completely fucked over their XCOM fans with the expansion XCOM: Enemy Within which was released last Nov.

It was retardedly buggy and had a few game breakers in there. Surprising considering the core gameplay really didn't change.

To this day Firaxis has released 0 patches for consoles and 1 small patch for PC which from what I understand only created more bugs.

Firaxis doesn't have boards so we take all our completely justified bitching and moaning to the 2K forums. Many of the XCOM faithful have sworn off ever buying another XCOM game if this is the kind of treatment we can expect.

Firaxis stays silent.....................

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#130 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

-Nintendo

-Valve

-Blizzard

BTW , what's up with Naughty Dog being listed here .? You guys need to play more games . I respect your opinions though .

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44038 Posts

Bungie, Bioware & Turn 10.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 intotheminx

@charizard1605: I meant "threw out" as a way of you putting something forward. Capcom was really influential at one point in time. ND has Uncharted and TLOU and everyone throws a fit. Lets just pretend Capcom doesn't have a dozen different titles that were successful.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 intotheminx

@AzatiS: People can like whatever they want to. I'm simply trying to understand why a developer can put out a successful franchise and another title and everyone says they are the GOAT. ND is one of the best developers at this moment in time, but they aren't in contention for GOAT is what I'm trying to say. Their catalog needs to grow exponentially before that conversation can take place.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

@Boddicker said:
@UnbiasedPoster said:

All time?

• Capcom
  • Konami
  • Nintendo

Currently?

• KojiPro
  • Naughty Dog

Except Firaxis completely fucked over their XCOM fans with the expansion XCOM: Enemy Within which was released last Nov.

It was retardedly buggy and had a few game breakers in there. Surprising considering the core gameplay really didn't change.

To this day Firaxis has released 0 patches for consoles and 1 small patch for PC which from what I understand only created more bugs.

Firaxis doesn't have boards so we take all our completely justified bitching and moaning to the 2K forums. Many of the XCOM faithful have sworn off ever buying another XCOM game if this is the kind of treatment we can expect.

Played PC version. Ran into 2 bugs that made me restart the mission.

Sure that sucks, but considering the amount of content they added, it's certainly not the thing I instantly think about when I play the game.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

1. Blizzard

2. Valve

3. Firaxis Games

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#136 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Nintendo EAD, rocksteady and VALVe in terms of modern, currently extant development studios.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Boddicker said:
@UnbiasedPoster said:

All time?

• Capcom
  • Konami
  • Nintendo

Currently?

• KojiPro
  • Naughty Dog

Played PC version. Ran into 2 bugs that made me restart the mission.

Sure that sucks, but considering the amount of content they added, it's certainly not the thing I instantly think about when I play the game.

Sad that you're ignoring console users that got completely screwed. Game was also imbalanced as **** in the player's favor.

I'm used to feeling like I'm barely holding it together and have to make strategic sacrifices when playing an XCOM game.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#138 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Nintendo: You can go on about their hardware but the amount of AAA games is second to none.

Naughty Dog: A company that knows how to get the best out of a console and make some very memorable franchises.

UbiSoft: They have made some amazing franchises and have had some top games in a variety of genres this and previous gens.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@intotheminx said:

@AzatiS: People can like whatever they want to. I'm simply trying to understand why a developer can put out a successful franchise and another title and everyone says they are the GOAT. ND is one of the best developers at this moment in time, but they aren't in contention for GOAT is what I'm trying to say. Their catalog needs to grow exponentially before that conversation can take place.

ND is one of the best many years now , if not the best. Maybe not for GOAT title since they missing quantity of games but as we speak easily one of the top 3. Dont go with quantity though because , yes , Capcom has some tremendous games there but also some utter craps. ND on the other hand has a limited list of games but every single one is above average. Same thing other great developers doing with finnest example BLIZZARD. Just a few games all these years but every single delivering , more or less ( except D3 vanilla maybe ). It really depends.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

all the boring ones have been said. You can't make a list without sticking to the canon of certain devs (Valve, Blizzard) so I'll just list some random ones I was impressed by in recent times

Bizzare Creations because they made traditional racing fun and exciting. Good interfaces and slick visuals. Shame to see them go.

Fireaxis: Civilization 5 is the goat. Not only is it an amazingly designed game, it's full of depth if you want it, but also caters to complete newcomers beautifully. The way everything in the game is done is great, the sounds and little trinkets are not just incidental but were very deliberate design choices. The little things man.. also kill Gandhi asap.

From Software: I think it's the first time the games design made a level this atmospheric or intense. Great multiplayer+singleplayer convergence too, which is something we're seeing a lot these days..

The Metal Gear Team: This shouldn't really count but whatever. Under Hideo's hands MGS is the fantastic. Despite the obtrusive storytelling, the distinctively Japanese take on stealth action beats all and then some. I am hyped for the next Metal Gear but I fear it won't be as 'cool' as the MGS4 and everything prior. Seems like it's become more globalized/Americanized, losing a bit of it's geeky Japanese coolness.

And some I def don't think deserve a spot

Naughty Dog- Cool you made some not-Indiana Jones game. Kinda enjoyable too, and some of it well paced (well 2 was at least) but nothing of greatness here.

Ubisoft- All ubisoft games right now seem to be the same for me. Heaps of hype, a lot of features and a lot of promises. In the end they feel largely bland despite looking great visually. Assassins Creed is wack, Watch Dogs is the most wack of all time, Far Cry has become lame. I still have hope for Rainbow 6 because that MP trailer looked fun.

DICE- Early games were great for their time. I even loved Bad Company 2. Bad Company is great. Then BF3 came, and then BF4, and then Hardline (which looks wack)

Fezzinator101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#142 Fezzinator101
Member since 2011 • 195 Posts

In no order:

Rockstar

Naughty Dog

Valve

Honorable Mentions:

• Insomniac Games
  • SEGA
  • Id Software
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#143  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

All-time:
1. SEGA
2. Konami
3. Nintendo

Present:
1. Nintendo
2. PlatinumGames
3. Atlus

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

From Software

Atlus

Rockstar

Nintendo out.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

1) Bullfrog

2) Blizzard

3) Westwood Studios

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#146  Edited By -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts
  • Blizzard
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • Blizzard, Conquerors of Entire Genres.