what are the games that really left a lasting impression on you this gen?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

Fanboyism aside, what games really affected you positively this gen? Games that in 10 years you will remember fondly. These are those for me:

MGS4 -- One of the first games I played this gen an absolutely adored. I remember I just wanted to keep playing the game forever.

Persona 4 -- One of the best games I played this gen and one of my favorite RPGs ever. A really good experience.

Uncharted 2 -- I've rarely ever felt so much satisfaction after finishing a game. It left me with the feeling that I've just gone on an incredible adventure.

Valkyria Chronicles -- the gameplay was so satisfying. Another game I could probably play forever.

Shadows of the Damned -- the game is simply weird awesomeness from start to finish. Loved it.

Vanquish -- the gameplay is the strong aspect of this one. It really took me back to the arcade era.

Journey -- Is truly one of the most emotional experiences I've ever experienced in gaming.

Braid -- The first game that convinced me that video games can indeed be art, from gameplay to visuals to story, the game is simply outstanding.

Knytt Underground -- I've barely ever get obsessed as much with a game as I did with this one. The best part was that it was completely surprising since I had never heard of it before I got it on PS+. It took me back to my infancy where games mixed goals, challenge and fun all in one. Magical game.

The Witcher -- the game that introduced me to the witcher amazing universe. A truly RPG masterpiece. 

Those are the ones that I remember left me with a more lasting and fulfilling impression. What about you?

Keva820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Keva820
Member since 2011 • 190 Posts
Not mario
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44424 Posts

Many but I'll just list the first three that came to mind...

ME

RDR

Lost Odyssey

23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

Metal Gear Solid 4/MGO

Red Dead Redemption

Deus Ex: HR

Mass Effect Trilogy

Assassins Creed 2

Dragon Age Origins

Uncharted 2

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Skyrim

The Last of Us

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#5 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Not marioKeva820

Totally not a troll.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Civ V - masterful strategy game, thats been greatly improved by the DLC ME- **** the haters, a great RPG trilogy, let down by the ending but still spectacular Crusader Kings 2- A whole new spin (well kinda) on the strategy genre. Its a dynasty simulator! Football manager - Already one of the greatest franchises in history, the introduction of 3D match engine .... did you really have to mix heroin in with my crack SI games? L4D - multiplayer taken to the next level Borderlands 2 - Again a game that receives alot of hate. An absolute blast of a MP game. RDR - Brilliant. A masterpiece of gameplay even if its story is a bit of meh on a slice of bleah. Sure I've left out plenty :P
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#7 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts
  • Both Super Mario Galaxy's
  • Mass Effect trilogy
  • Killzone 2
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Witcher 2, Metroid 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Tribes:Ascend, Team Fortress 2, Bioshock, BF3, Darkness II, The Walking Dead, Mass Effect, Guild Wars 2, Mario Kart Wii, Ghost Trick, Professor Layton... maybe 999 but I haven't played past the first 5 minutes yet! But that game looks very promising.

Not all of them because they were great, but there was something about them that stuck with me.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

These are the games that I pretty much remember 80% of the campaign (3-6 times playthrough for most)

-----TPS:

Gears of war 1: one of the best TPS I've ever played, also the first in the series means better impression, that's why it's more memorable to me compared to Gears 3.

Vanquish: absolute top notch in term of core gameplay, fast, fluid and insanely fun.

Uncharted 2: it does everything right (except the forgettable villain). Presentation: best, music and voice acting: best, gameplay: excellent.

-----Hack&slash

DMC4: not as good as DMC3, but still pretty damn nice. The dev did right when it comes to gameplay; but the backtracking was too painful.

Ninja Gaiden sigma 2/ NG2: addicting and satisfying gameplay, shit campaign, but yeah who gives a fvck when you can crack skull and delimb with tonfas.

Bayonetta: simply the best of the genre, no need to say more.

God of war 3: beautiful, not as good as GOW2, still memorable nonetheless.

-----Openworld/action adventure

AssassinCreed 2: best in the series, the first AC I played.

Batman Arkham City: one of my favourite game this gen, simple but very fun gameplay, tons of easter egg and things to do.

-----RPG/Action RPG

Persona 4/persona3p: best JRPG imo.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite/ Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: my favourite franchise, bar none.

Deus Ex: HR : a prime example of reviving old franchise done right.

That's about it for now.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

1. Red Dead Redemption

because [spoiler] I let out an audilble what the f*ck when marston got shot up [/spoiler]

2. Fallout 3 and New Vegas, fallout 3 was the first next gen game I got a chance to play, and it and NV are some of the best games this gen 

3. Batman: Arkham City for its atmosphere, incredible writing, and gameplay diversity

4. Portal 2 - its writing, humor, atmosphere, and gameplay

5. Infamous 2, because: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28725532/infamous-2-would-be-a-perfect-game-if-it-were-not-for-these-flaws-fixed?page=0

6. Dead Space 2 - Only played 2, and its one of my favorit games this gen.  The isolated atmosphere is second only to Metroid Prime.  (well, and Half Life)

7. L.A. Noire -I loved this game alot more than I thought I would have, despite all the hate it gets.  Some of the best writing, great performances, and it has a bunch of guys from Mad Men.  Rockstar creates the best atmospheres in gaming.  I actually cared whether I got every case right, and whenever I failed, I reloaded the save and started all over again.  

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

-Batman Arkham City:

The best game of the generation. It was extremely ambitious and accomplished all of its many gameplay elements at a very high level of quality. It's the very definition of both quantity and quality. Combat, Stealth, exploration, puzzles, collectibles, and challenge mode all done to near perfection.

-Donkey Kong Country Returns:

Not only is this perhaps the most well designed platformer in the past decade or more, it also offers perhaps the highest dificulty cap of any platformer ever made. Getting evrything accomplished is not something that 95% or more of the people who bought the game will ever be able to do, but completing a tough challenge is always very rewarding. It also doesn't hurt that this is the best looking game I played all gen.

-inFAMOUS:

This was the first HD console game I really got attached to. As soon as I popped it in I was hooked until I got the platinum trophy for it. It felt very unique and the concept is so simple yet so brilliant. You are given powers in an open world and you are given the choice to either be good or evil. I love seeing the differences in powers between the two versions of Cole.

-The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword:

This is the one game I know that proves that motion controls have merit in a core gaming experience. The 1:1 controls worked perfectly and I just lost myself in the playground Nintendo provided for me. I had a blast interacting 1:1 with this magical world. Gathering materials for crafting was very emersive indeed. It is a one of a kind experience that I feel everybody should at least try.

-Super Mario Galaxy 2:

Basically this is like the first Mario Galaxy only FAR more creative, with FAR better level design, and twice the content. I feel that this game is a testament to what the human imagination is capable of. Every world you go to is entirely different than the last, but is equally as mind blowing.

-Super Street Fighter IV:

I have spent so many hours in this game. It is the one competitive multiplayer I play and that's because its depth and skill cap are never ending. The range of skill of this game is just astronomical!

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#12 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Xenoblade, Radiant Historia, Dragon Quest IX, Chrono Trigger, Knights in the Nightmare, SMG1 and 2, Brawl, Dark Souls, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, just to name a few.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#13 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Xenoblade Chronicles: brought hope to the future of the JRPG genre.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Not marioKeva820
Damn, why the hell would you come back? :(
MightyMuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MightyMuna
Member since 2008 • 1766 Posts
Honestly, none. This has been the worst gaming gen ever in my opinion. However, Bayonetta, Uncharted 2, God of War 3, The Last of Us and Street Fighter IV are my favourites this gen.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 turtlethetaffer

Xenoblade Chronicles: brought hope to the future of the JRPG genre.bbkkristian

How did the JRPG genre need saving?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

rage

metro last light

far cry 3

tomb raider -2013

the last of us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#18 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

Red Dead Redemption

Batman: Arkham City

Uncharted 2

The Walking Dead

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

Odd I asked myself this question last night. The ones that really stood out for me are,

Journey: Most emotional game i have ever played, amazing visuals, artsyle, music and loved the use of online. 

MGS4: I'm a Snake fanboy so obviously this is going in my list.. 

Demons Souls: Fantastic use of online, very challenging yet satisfying game. 

Uncharted 2: This was before I got into PC gaming, but at the time I had never seen a game that looked as good as this, and I enjoyed the game so much that I really did not want it to end.

Gears of War: Again at the time it was the best looking game I had ever seen and to me felt like the first 'next gen' game I played. Loved playing co-op with a friend and loved the dark moody atmoshpere.

Mirrors Edge: Fantastic visuals, artsyle, gameplay and music. I always come back to this for speedruns 

Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery: I was so bored with my games and picked this up really cheap in the Steam summer sale and was really surprised with how good it was. very refreshing game. 

Portal: Wow what an amazing and original game!! 

Street Fighter 4: I have to mention this game. I dont know how many hours I put into it but partly blame this game for the break up of my 7 year relationship!! 

I would say Half Life 2 but I had this on the original xbox so dont class it as this gen. But I picked it up on Xbox 360 and PC again this gen. 

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 turtlethetaffer

Odd I asked myself this question last night. The ones that really stood out for me are,

Journey: Most emotional game i have ever played, amazing visuals, artsyle, music and loved the use of online. 

Jshoelace

How in the hell? Really? How? I watched my friend play through it and it's a good game and all (although little to no repay value) but how in God's name is it "the most emotional game ever"?

Keva820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Keva820
Member since 2011 • 190 Posts
[QUOTE="Keva820"]Not mariodarkspineslayer
Damn, why the hell would you come back? :(

What? I joined almost 2 years ago.
Avatar image for CallOfDutyRulez
CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CallOfDutyRulez
Member since 2013 • 1602 Posts

Best games this generation:

1. The Last of Us - Emotional rollercoaster. Great story-telling. Memorable characters. Very tense gameplay. Surprisingly, the singleplayer has a lot of replayability for me (On my 9th playthrough on survivor mode). Absolutely fantastic presentation that puts all 360 exclusives to shame.

2. Skyrim - Yes, it has a ton of bugs and glitches, but it is the pinnacle of open-world gaming and made you feel in control of your own destiny.

3. Portal 2 - Breath of fresh air and original game.

Worst games of this generation:

1. Gears of War 3 - Gears of War 3 is, without a doubt, the WORST game I have ever had the displeasure of playing. There is so much wrong with this game that I don't even know where to begin.

The story was simply atrocious and felt like it was written by a drunken 5-year-old. It even made pokemon look sophisticated. The biggest issue I had was how irrelevant a lot of the events had to the plot.

The dialogues lack subtlety and maturity. What kind of 30-year-old man makes blatant gay jokes to his friends? That's something I would expect from a 5th grader.

The gameplay is even worse then the gameplay from Uncharted games. At least Uncharted games had somewhat balanced weapons. In Gears of War 3, you can shotgun your way to victory.

2. Halo 4 - Do I really need to explain?

3. Gears of War 1 - Watch "Gears A' War" on youtube.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="Jshoelace"]

turtlethetaffer

How in the hell? Really? How? I watched my friend play through it and it's a good game and all (although little to no repay value) but how in God's name is it "the most emotional game ever"?

Most emotional game HE ever played.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kuraimen

These are the games that I pretty much remember 80% of the campaign (3-6 times playthrough for most)

-----TPS:

Gears of war 1: one of the best TPS I've ever played, also the first in the series means better impression, that's why it's more memorable to me compared to Gears 3.

Vanquish: absolute top notch in term of core gameplay, fast, fluid and insanely fun.

Uncharted 2: it does everything right (except the forgettable villain). Presentation: best, music and voice acting: best, gameplay: excellent.

-----Hack&slash

DMC4: not as good as DMC3, but still pretty damn nice. The dev did right when it comes to gameplay; but the backtracking was too painful.

Ninja Gaiden sigma 2/ NG2: addicting and satisfying gameplay, shit campaign, but yeah who gives a fvck when you can crack skull and delimb with tonfas.

Bayonetta: simply the best of the genre, no need to say more.

God of war 3: beautiful, not as good as GOW2, still memorable nonetheless.

-----Openworld/action adventure

AssassinCreed 2: best in the series, the first AC I played.

Batman Arkham City: one of my favourite game this gen, simple but very fun gameplay, tons of easter egg and things to do.

-----RPG/Action RPG

Persona 4/persona3p: best JRPG imo.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite/ Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: my favourite franchise, bar none.

Deus Ex: HR : a prime example of reviving old franchise done right.

That's about it for now.

rjdofu
I should probably add ninja gaiden sigma for me. That was another game that I have nothing but fond memories of. Haven't played NGS2 though but I will.
Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts
Dead space (1) Mass effect (1) Deus ex HR TLOU Heavy rain
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Oh Kuraimoron why lie? you dont own a 7th gen system.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kuraimen

[QUOTE="Jshoelace"]

turtlethetaffer

You're dead inside.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60724 Posts
TLOU Uncharted 2 Sleeping Dogs MGS4 Journey Infamous Batman AA GTA 4 RDR Halo3 Lost Odyssey
Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jshoelace

[QUOTE="Jshoelace"]

turtlethetaffer

At the time I was in a bit of a bad place and this game seriously connected with me. I just came out of a 7 year relationship and this game got me thinking about life, death and the companions you meet on the way. It was quite an uplifting game for me that just came at a hard time in my life. 

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="Jshoelace"]

Jshoelace

At the time I was in a bit of a bad place and this game seriously connected with me. I just came out of a 7 year relationship and this game got me thinking about life, death and the companions you meet on the way. It was quite an uplifting game for me that just came at a hard time in my life. 

Makes sense I guess. There must be something wrong with me.  I never get into games like so many other people do.

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jshoelace

Makes sense I guess. There must be something wrong with me.  I never get into games like so many other people do.

turtlethetaffer

Nah there's nothing wrong with you, its just different strokes for different folks. 

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

positively only eh? Hmmm lemme see...

Nier - because of its awesome and touching story!

Journey - because playing it online in a dark room for the first time delivered a 10/10 atmosphere. My most relaxed and joyful gaming experience.

Uncharted 2/3 - One of the most noticable step ups from last gen have been character controls and Uncharted 2/3 is the champ here. So comfortable and good looking animation/feeling like running around on a rocking ship or when walking in sand/snow. The scenes are wonderful, it's like playing a big budget Hollywood film. Chaos, explosions, stuff happening everywhere, Drake almost dying every tenth second. It's just enteraining!

Crisis Core - SO SAD AND THE FACT THAT WE KNEW ALL ALONG WHAT WAS GONNA HAPPEN JUST MADE IT GOD DAMNNIT EVEN SADDER! Fanservice at its best.

Heavy Rain - Whatever, haters hatin' with all their "omg if it has more cutscenes than pacman it's not a gaem". Heavy Rain was like a long and interactive episode of some crime/detective series.

And others, too lazy to think.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

Jshoelace

Nah there's nothing wrong with you, its just different strokes for different folks. 

Well it's like, I see people all the time say how emotionally affected they get, and, I'd say the majority of the time with a game, I feel absolutely nothing, even with games I love.  There are very few games that can actually affect me, let alone bring me to tears like some people have said happened to them.  The only time I've ever cried about a game was with Wind Waker, and that's because I was in the third grade when I played it.  Now, the most that happens is that I may feel a pang of slight sorrow if a good character dies, but apart from that, nothing.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 turtlethetaffer

Oh and I almost forgot to mention 999. That game is a goddamn masterpiece.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

You mean those moments I'll never forget and defined the generation for me? If so here they are in no particular order

Fight Night Round 3 - awesome graphics, first game that really let me know I was in the next gen. The thought of playing this online against a skilled opponent or local multiplayer against my brother in law while we had some beers still brings a smile to my face.

Gears of War 1 - the 4 vs 4 gameplay with no respawns was something I never experienced before on a console. Plus the game was gorgeous and had excellent controls. Great campaign, was fun to play online co-op on Insane mode with a friend.

Forza Motorsport 2 - I was still playing GT4 when this came out. I was skeptical because my Logitech wheel was much better quality than the Microsoft Wireless Racing wheel, but as soon as I played the demo I was sold. Basically GT with better graphics, physics and online gameplay. I was in heaven. Forza went on to become my most beloved franchise of all time.

Portal - Loved the humor and puzzles. A short game, but it was so unique and fun. Portal 2 was even better, but Portal 1 left a bigger impression on me.

Gran Turismo 5 - it left an impression all right, but not a good one. After being spoiled by Forza Motorsport 2 and 3 for a few years, GT5 was the biggest let down of the generation for me.

RDR - great story that I'll remember forever, awesome graphics and a huge open world to play around in. First time I crossed the border my draw hit the floor.

I'd like to throw Halo on this list, but I can't. The 360 Halo games were great, but Halo 2 on the original xbox was the one that blew me away. Everything after that just improved on the formula.

Edit: formatting:

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Twewy

Civ 5

ME

BLaverock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 BLaverock
Member since 2013 • 71 Posts

Skyrim, MGS4, Bastion, Batman: Arkham Asylum, StarCraft 2, World of Warcraft, StarWars the Old Republic, Mass Effect, Fall Out 3... pretty sure I missed a few more :p

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Persona 4, Demon/Dark Souls, The ME trilogy (specifically 2), Burning Crusade, 999, Batman AC and Bioshock Infinite.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#39 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

SMG1/2, Super Meat Boy, Alpha Protocol, ME trilogy, Arkham City, Dark Souls

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts

oblivion

bioshock

halo 3

forza 2

gears of war

dead rising

left 4 dead 

half-life 2

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

MGS4 will always stay with me.

[spoiler]

Snake... 

[/spoiler]

trent44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 trent44
Member since 2008 • 255 Posts

Ys Seven - Awesome RPG, Played through on the hardest difficulty, loved the challenge, gameplay, and adventure :D

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies - An Epic Journey and lots of cool features with quests, crafting, character classes, and even had multiplayer in a turn based RPG.

Wii Sports - My parents played a video game with me, that seems kind of memorable. :P And, I is still a go to party game to this day.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - I thought this would be a bland sequal, I bought it on a whim, and was very happily surprised how fun it was. :) Supurb music and art in this game.

Mario Kart Wii - Second Best Kart Racer I have played (Mario Kart 7 is a bit better), so many parties with friends we bust this game out and have an awesome time!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Me and my cousins played this game so dang much, most enjoyable fighting game! :D

Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction - My first time playing a Ratchet and Clank game, I beat this game over and over. Then I went back, beat all the ps2 ones, beat a few of the ps3 ones, and played through some of the psp game. Was just a whole universe of awesome adventures, wacky weapons, smooth gameplay, and fun characters. :)

I have enjoyed a ton more games this gen in addition to these, but my memory isn't quite what it once was.

Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts
Call of Duty 4- First game I played this gen, gameplay and graphics blew me away Just Cause 2- Blew away my expectations of an open world, funnest game of this gen Bioshock Infinite- Greatest story of this gen, gameplay was also incredible Fallout 3- Great rpg, and not a bad main quest line either Mass Effect Series- The ending was just awful, but the ride there was incredible Uncharted 2- My favorite exclusive of this gen
mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4769 Posts

1. Xenoblade

2. Terraria

3. Borderlands 2

4. Mario Galaxy

5. Rouge Legacy

6. Dungeon Defenders

7. God of War III

These games do not have alot in common, but they represent to me some of the very best of the generation. Some are lage scale others small, but all amazing games in their own right! :)

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

PS3

MGS4- First game I owned for it and it was a thrill all the way through. I'm still meaning to replay it again.

Uncharted 2 - I didn't really like the first one but I was hyped for this one due to all the previews and trailers. Blew me away.

Valkyria Chronicles - It's a shame this game isn't more popular because it is amazing. Another game I need to replay.

The Last of Us - I'm sure system wars has heard it's fair share of praise of this game. It's all warranted.

Xbox 360

Gears of War - My first 7th generation game and it was awesome

Halo 3 - The first game I've spent extensive time playing online multiplayer.

Wii

Twilight Princess - Huge Zelda fan so I really loved this game.

PC

Amnesia - For all the wrong reasons. F*** that game.

Multiplats

SSF4 - Made me fall in love with fighting games and made me determined to be better than just a button masher

Mass Effect 2 - Incredible arc to the ME trilogy

Catherine - Incredible and unique experience

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#46 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Mass Effect 3. For the wrong reasons.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70132 Posts

Borderlands 2 - Again a game that receives alot of hate. An absolute blast of a MP game. blue_hazy_basic

it's a blast even playing single player. i just wish they'd stop messing with the level cap. too many skill points messes up the uniqueness of character builds.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Skrim PC + all them crazy mods

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points