What are lemmings going to do when the PS3 outsells the 360 in November 07?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AvatarAko
Member since 2006 • 345 Posts
???

I mean all they'll have is Halo 3...which they've been waiting since 2005 for...and it looks like crap...the so called 360 exclusives are jumping ship...Mass Effect...BioShock...Its been already proven that PSN is great and its free (remember when lemmings were DC the new GeOW maps...saying its free what do you expect)...

PS3 is THE only console for Next-gen
Wii is the right hand man of THE only console for Next-Gen
360 is the spinning clown
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 shadow_lord_11
Member since 2004 • 20792 Posts
this thread is going to get demolished in a hurry. 
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 14886 Posts
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
but your avatar?
gamergeekgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamergeekgeek
Member since 2006 • 3395 Posts

.dracula_16

the pic is an ownage

palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts
.dracula_16
omG I s t he w ii 60 f or ums y ou so smart!!!!!!1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AvatarAko
.dracula_16
YOur talking about the 360 right?
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ps3-nikita
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts
I am going to play excellent games, while you are left with your flops and ports.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
???

I mean all they'll have is Halo 3...which they've been waiting since 2005 for...and it looks like crap...the so called 360 exclusives are jumping ship...Mass Effect...BioShock...Its been already proven that PSN is great and its free (remember when lemmings were DC the new GeOW maps...saying its free what do you expect)...

How is PS3 going to outsell the 360 when it's only providing it's B material this year? And since when are Mass Effect and Bioshock been announced by their developers as PS3 bound?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AvatarAko
I am going to play excellent games, while you are left with your flops and ports.ps3-nikita
On your Wii?
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
[QUOTE="dracula_16"].AvatarAko
YOur talking about the 360 right?

lol. good one.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
I hope lemmings continue to support a great system they have. Not everyone can be first. PS3 game plan was just to strong for MS. Experience > Learning.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
Linkage for Mass Effect, a MS-published game, on PS3?
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts

???

Do you think PS3 sales make the 360 more or less fun?  Are you serious?

My 360 has brought me hundreds of hours of entertainment...  and PS3 sales have NOTHING to with it.  Some of you forumites make such ridiculously inept comments with astoundingly illogical conclusions.

I have over 20 AA and AAA games for my 360 right now, and even more games being released in 2007.  The PS3 could sell 2 billion consoles an it would not change the entertrainment value of the 360 one bit.  Are you really so dim you can't understand that?

TarmacChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TarmacChris
Member since 2005 • 1670 Posts

[QUOTE="AvatarAko"]???

Danm_999
How is PS3 going to outsell the 360 when it's only providing it's B material this year? And since when are Mass Effect and Bioshock been announced by their developers as PS3 bound?

Don't listen, its fanboy BS, Mass Effect is published by MS and BioShock was confirmed at X06 to be 360/PC only.

By the way, you don't honestly expect ANY console to outsell the 360 the month Halo 3 is released?

Avatar image for SpartanCawderof
SpartanCawderof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SpartanCawderof
Member since 2005 • 607 Posts
What am I going to do?  Probably (and this is just a guess) keep playing the games I've grown to love.  What did you expect me to do?
ko_threat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 ko_threat
Member since 2004 • 631 Posts
Since when are bioshock and mass effect confirmed for ps3? Also we get gta4, assasins creed, crackdown (it looks like a good sandbox game but not sure how its going to fare) I believe some free or relativly cheap downloadable content for oblivion that i believe is an expansion (not sure on this) And many other games even those that are multiplat will probably fare better on 360 and its cheaper to buy 360 than ps3, 200 dollars cheaper. Plus Xbox Live Gold is only 50 bucks a year, which is about only 4 bucks a month, the service has proven itself, and has many downloadable things to offer. PSN has yet to prove itself, and to my knowledge, has no downloadable content.
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts

I hope lemmings continue to support a great system they have. Not everyone can be first. PS3 game plan was just to strong for MS. Experience > Learning.shungokustasu

You make it sound like the PS3 has already won. Right now, they're not. :wink:

sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I hope lemmings continue to support a great system they have. Not everyone can be first. PS3 game plan was just to strong for MS. Experience > Learning.

Why are you acting like Sony has already won?
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ps3-nikita
[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"]I am going to play excellent games, while you are left with your flops and ports.AvatarAko
On your Wii?

What the blue hell are you on about boy. Wii will have nearly have as many flops as the PS3 and is giving it stiff competition for ports. Then again, at least the PS3 ports are from the same generation. I give the cows that much.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shungokustasu

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I hope lemmings continue to support a great system they have. Not everyone can be first. PS3 game plan was just to strong for MS. Experience > Learning.TaCoDuDe

I've been around gaming since the 80's I've seen these thing happen before. Genesis wiped SNES face in the dirt for 3 years before SNES started to take over (there is still debate on weather Sega keep the lead). Same way with Atari and the Commodore. What I've learn is the one with a startegy to prolong their system the longest will win. I see PS3 with a future proof stratergy that MS see as irrevelant. Sony will win this gen totally on experience.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Danm_999
[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I hope lemmings continue to support a great system they have. Not everyone can be first. PS3 game plan was just to strong for MS. Experience > Learning.shungokustasu

I've been around gaming since the 80's I've seen these thing happen before. Genesis wiped SNES face in the dirt for 3 years before SNES started to take over (there is still debate on weather Sega keep the lead). Same way with Atari and the Commodore. What I've learn is the one with a startegy to prolong their system the longest will win. I see PS3 with a future proof stratergy that MS see as irrevelant. Sony will win this gen totally on experience.

Actually, good games libraries are what win generations.
slystallion26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 slystallion26
Member since 2005 • 819 Posts
Even the most opitmistic playstation fan knows that it won't pass it by nov of 07...by then i would say they have 7-8 million. But it will pass it by next christmas.
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts
[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I hope lemmings continue to support a great system they have. Not everyone can be first. PS3 game plan was just to strong for MS. Experience > Learning.shungokustasu

Whatever logic you base your speculation on, it's still speculation. Far from strong enough to start talking about this generation in the past tense, like you do in your first post. It's not even close to decided.
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ps3-nikita
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I hope lemmings continue to support a great system they have. Not everyone can be first. PS3 game plan was just to strong for MS. Experience > Learning.Danm_999

Good brainwashings works wonders. Please dont act like the general public, who decides these matters are actually smart.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
I say next year the PS3 might sell the 360. But seriously, with MGS4 being delayed, what massive system selling game does the PS3 have this year? DMC4?
s3lFc0nTr0l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 s3lFc0nTr0l
Member since 2006 • 3028 Posts
lol. ok have fun with your pos3 buddy.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Danm_999
I say next year the PS3 might sell the 360. But seriously, with MGS4 being delayed, what massive system selling game does the PS3 have this year? DMC4?DaysAirlines
Exactly. PS3s are not going to sell by themselves this year, not at their price.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I hope lemmings continue to support a great system they have. Not everyone can be first. PS3 game plan was just to strong for MS. Experience > Learning.Danm_999

sigh... developers only follows where the money is. you ever heard the saying "If you build it, they will come". Whatever system that build the strongest foundation will have the most games.
acviper123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#30 acviper123
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts
???

Children, this is called fanboyism. PS3s are sitting on shelves doing nothing right now. How do you figure any point you just brought up will change that by November. The casual mother doing her christmas shopping sees three things: 1. A $600 console that was under Time magazines bust list 2.) A $400 console that she has seen is doing very well 3.) A $250 console that looks like a good influence to her child

What will she buy? Sony may win in 5-7 years time, but for now we wait for the price drop and the giant awakens.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Danm_999
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]

sigh... developers only follows where the money is. you ever heard the saying "If you build it, they will come". Whatever system that build the strongest foundation will have the most games.

And at the moment, developers are following the 360, the console that isn't making promises to last for 10 years or replace the PC. Clearly the PS3 has lost exclusivity on several games in the past year. Add to that the comments of devs from Valve, EA and id Software that the PS3 is terrible, or should be avoided, or is a pain in the butt, and it's pretty clear which way the wind is blowing.
acviper123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#32 acviper123
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts
lol. ok have fun with your pos3 buddy.s3lFc0nTr0l

Children, this is also called fanboyism.
Elementguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Elementguy13
Member since 2005 • 2950 Posts
???

This is halarious, not even jokin, ur like mentally retarded.
wildwild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wildwild
Member since 2004 • 1139 Posts
what will PS3 do when MGS4 drops? the only good PS3 game and it wont be released till 2008..baahahahhaah
D_slims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 D_slims
Member since 2007 • 306 Posts
they are going the wake up from their night mare and look at ps3 suffer!!!!!!!
Synchro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Synchro456
Member since 2005 • 8359 Posts
[QUOTE="AvatarAko"][QUOTE="ps3-nikita"]I am going to play excellent games, while you are left with your flops and ports.ps3-nikita
On your Wii?

What the blue hell are you on about boy. Wii will have nearly have as many flops as the PS3 and is giving it stiff competition for ports. Then again, at least the PS3 ports are from the same generation. I give the cows that much.

At least the Wii has a AAA title and don't say Wario isn't AAA because all the other sites, since then the same reasoning will have to go with TP so either way the Wii has at least one AAA.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="Danm_999"] And at the moment, developers are following the 360, the console that isn't making promises to last for 10 years or replace the PC. Clearly the PS3 has lost exclusivity on several games in the past year. Add to that the comments of devs from Valve, EA and id Software that the PS3 is terrible, or should be avoided, or is a pain in the butt, and it's pretty clear which way the wind is blowing.

Do you take heart on what Valve, Ea, or iD say? You just admitted they follower where money is. The same developer complaining about the PS2 launch are now making games for PS2. A 10 year plan to oppose an arbitrary number of years from MS. I think I know who has a plan for the future.
bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bezaire2005
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts

???

What are you doing now that the ps3 has yet to put a AAA-worthy game?  Trying to bash the 360 on gamespot in hope of that Sony turns things around in the future?  That sounds well worth $600 to me. 

Sony: "The next generation of gaming starts when we say it does, and we say it starts in NOVEMBER '07!, or until we can finally put out games that are worth playing!"

Guess_With_ReX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Guess_With_ReX
Member since 2007 • 1191 Posts
Busy playing Halo 3.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Danm_999
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="Danm_999"] And at the moment, developers are following the 360, the console that isn't making promises to last for 10 years or replace the PC. Clearly the PS3 has lost exclusivity on several games in the past year. Add to that the comments of devs from Valve, EA and id Software that the PS3 is terrible, or should be avoided, or is a pain in the butt, and it's pretty clear which way the wind is blowing.

Do you take heart on what Valve, Ea, or iD say?

Considering between them they are all accomplished developers, who have each produced great games and have a lot of influence in the industry, I think their opinions are a little more valid than yours.
You just admitted they follower where money is.shungokustasu
Yes, and it's not to the PS3.
The same developer complaining about the PS2 launch are now making games for PS2. A 10 year plan to oppose an arbitrary number of years from MS. I think I know who has a plan for the future.shungokustasu
Enough of this "the PS2 had a bad launch but did ok" crap. The PS3 was a much more reasonable price, supported a dominant format that consumers were ready to adopt, and had virtually no competition foryears. The PS3 has none of these advantages, and is rapidly losing developer support and exclusivity.
Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zaistev_basic
Member since 2002 • 2975 Posts
PS3 selling more than X360? I don't see it happening. I mean the price of both the PS3 and it's games is way too expensive. Even if Sony lower their price; you think X360 and even Wii won't lower theirs? Read my sig and tell me how can anyone justify to buy a PS3?
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#42 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26362 Posts

Can I borrow your time machine?

I want to see what I got for Christmas this year.

Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Brown52
Member since 2006 • 2639 Posts
I feel like this topic should be locked, but I'm too lazy to report it.
cabjnico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cabjnico
Member since 2003 • 748 Posts
What are lemmings going to do when the PS3 outsells the 360 in November 07????AvatarAko

I will be playing Halo 3, mass effect, forza, etc.

People are hypocritical in this forum, and everywhere... They say "don't compare 360 sales with ps3 sales because ps3 just launched" yet, they compare ps2 sales to 360 (not even to ps3, which is even more sad).
The one and only reason why ps2 outsold xbox, and why ps3 might catch up to 360 is because ps3 has an established market. PS2 came out before people even knew microsoft would launch a machine, and so the developers published games for it. Then xbox came out getting leftovers and obviously selling less, even if the console was more powerful. Now the 360 is doing much better, and since it hurts (i don't know why, why people take this so seriously) playstation fans they bash it. But ps3 might catch up since most people have a sense of "pride" in their system and no matter how much they have to wait, how good or bad sony does, they will still buy it. Yet i don't see any xbox owner going for a ps3, but i see many ps2 owners going for 360 (read carefully, i never said "fan" because that's another case). i'm tired of typing bye
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 shungokustasu
PS3 selling more than X360? I don't see it happening. I mean the price of both the PS3 and it's games is way too expensive. Even if Sony lower their price; you think X360 and even Wii won't lower theirs? Read my sig and tell me how can anyone justify to buy a PS3?Zaistev_basic
500 = 250 +50 +300+ 60 = 660 600 = 250+50+400+60 = 760 And you have it as your sig?
cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts

???

It lost mass effect? When? Facts?

Ohh you have none!

Unless the ps3 has a $200 price cut by dec of this year, well that won't happen and finally...

Fact Bioshock is not coming to the ps3...

2K Announces BioShock as an Exclusive Xbox 360™ and Games for Windows title

http://www.2kgames.com/index.php?p=news&ID=213

New York, NY - September 28, 2006 - 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that BioShock, its highly anticipated and award-winning innovative first person shooter, will be released exclusively on Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Games for Windows, the new brand optimized for Windows XP and Windows Vista. Slated for 2007 and developed by Irrational Games, a 2K development studio, BioShock will forever change the expectations for the first-person shooter.

"2K is excited to release BioShock exclusively on Xbox 360 and under the Games for Windows brand on the PC," said Christoph Hartmann, President, 2K. "BioShock is the next step in the evolution of first-person shooters and a perfect title to push the limits of Xbox 360." "We expect BioShock will set a new mark in next generation gaming when it launches next year," said George Peckham, general manager, global third party publishing for the Interactive Entertainment Business, Microsoft. "We're thrilled that gamers will be able to experience BioShock only as an Xbox 360 and Games for Windows title." The Games for Windows branding ensures that consumers have a consistent, reliable gaming experience on Windows XP and Windows Vista with easier game installation, improved reliability, and support for key Windows Vista features. These titles will also support wide-screen gaming, can be launched from within Windows Media Center, will be compatible with 64 bit consumer versions of Windows and support the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows. Taking full advantage of both Microsoft platforms, BioShock takes place among the ruins of an underwater utopia. After your plane crashes into icy, uncharted waters, you discover a rusted bathysphere and descend into Rapture, a city hidden beneath the sea. Constructed as an ideal society for a hand-picked group of scientists, artists and industrialists, Rapture collapsed under the weight of its own idealism. Now the city is littered with corpses, wildly powerful guardians roam the corridors, mutated little girls scavenge the dead, and genetically modified citizens ambush you at every turn.

BioShock is in development for Xbox 360 and Windows and will be released in 2007. For more information please visit www.2kgames.com.

Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zaistev_basic
Member since 2002 • 2975 Posts
[QUOTE="Zaistev_basic"]PS3 selling more than X360? I don't see it happening. I mean the price of both the PS3 and it's games is way too expensive. Even if Sony lower their price; you think X360 and even Wii won't lower theirs? Read my sig and tell me how can anyone justify to buy a PS3?shungokustasu
500 = 250 +50 +300+ 60 = 660 600 = 250+50+400+60 = 760 And you have it as your sig?

Yup! Because for casuals and consumers, this is what they're going to see, and this is what matters, base price for a console. No matter how you spin PS3 having Blu-Ray, 60 GB, Free Online etc., most consumers see it as a very expensive console. At least for the price of the PS3, you can get X360 (Premium) plus one game and a Wii console, plus $10-20 for a price of PS3 in US and for less than the price of PS3 in Canada. You can't justify that to consumers. Price, accesibility, unique and fun is what consumer wants. That's why for a Price of a PS3, you can get both worlds of X360 and Wii. Simply as that!
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Danm_999
[QUOTE="Zaistev_basic"]PS3 selling more than X360? I don't see it happening. I mean the price of both the PS3 and it's games is way too expensive. Even if Sony lower their price; you think X360 and even Wii won't lower theirs? Read my sig and tell me how can anyone justify to buy a PS3?shungokustasu

Why are you using the Basic PS3 as a standard when the Premium is both available in more regions (whereas Basic is not) and also accounts for a larger percentage of units.

You should also be using the Premium 360 price, as the Core really isn't worth it.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="Zaistev_basic"]PS3 selling more than X360? I don't see it happening. I mean the price of both the PS3 and it's games is way too expensive. Even if Sony lower their price; you think X360 and even Wii won't lower theirs? Read my sig and tell me how can anyone justify to buy a PS3?Zaistev_basic

Yup! Because for casuals and consumers, this is what they're going to see, and this is what matters, base price for a console. No matter how you spin PS3 having Blu-Ray, 60 GB, Free Online etc., most consumers see it as a very expensive console. At least for the price of the PS3, you can get X360 (Premium) plus one game and a Wii console, plus $10-20 for a price of PS3 in US and for less than the price of PS3 in Canada. You can't justify that to consumers. Price, accesibility, unique and fun is what consumer wants. That's why for a Price of a PS3, you can get both worlds of X360 and Wii. Simply as that!

I don't get it. You say people will look at the PS3 as 600 dollars, but they won't look at the 360 for 400 dollars? How does that work? Also your sig does equal the amout of either PS3 500 or 600.
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7532 Posts

what are Cows going to do when Ps3 doesnt get any AAAs until........................................i dunno.....