What age is too old for gaming?

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aaronannie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 aaronannie68
Member since 2004 • 84 Posts

that's like saying what age is too old to eat frosted flakes. if you enjoy gaming, then do it. I'm 39 and love my xbox 360.

for some, their hobby is detailing cars, or skateboarding..etc, for others its video games....

colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 colmusterd28
Member since 2006 • 2854 Posts

I'd say 25. By 25 you should have a job, focusing on your career and be involved in some kind of relationship. By 30, video games should be dead to you. But I'm only 17 so what do I know.Lyphe2k

Im 29 with a child, one on the way (march) a beautiful house and more beautiful wife. I have a great job and I love my XBOX360... but when I was 17 I'd probably say the same thing you did...

jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 jasperrussell
Member since 2005 • 1960 Posts

[QUOTE="Lyphe2k"]I'd say 25. By 25 you should have a job, focusing on your career and be involved in some kind of relationship. By 30, video games should be dead to you. But I'm only 17 so what do I know.colmusterd28

Im 29 with a child, one on the way (march) a beautiful house and more beautiful wife. I have a great job and I love my XBOX360... but when I was 17 I'd probably say the same thing you did...

I'm very similar, 36, married, 2 kids. The thing about getting older is you don't feel older. I'm still me. I still like computer games - I just get in trouble for it now. I'm waiting for my kids to get older so I can play against them!

When you're really old you just play windows solitaire (god it's depressing when I see my Dad doing that!)

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

I'm 25. I don't plan to stop any time soon :|Jandurin

Ditto on both, in fact I'm buying more games than ever.

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
I'd say 25. By 25 you should have a job, focusing on your career and be involved in some kind of relationship. By 30, video games should be dead to you. But I'm only 17 so what do I know.Lyphe2k
Games can consume less time then movies...Should we no longer enjoy film?
wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
[QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

[QUOTE="Lyphe2k"]I'd say 25. By 25 you should have a job, focusing on your career and be involved in some kind of relationship. By 30, video games should be dead to you. But I'm only 17 so what do I know.jasperrussell

I'm very similar, 36, married, 2 kids. The thing about getting older is you don't feel older. I'm still me. I still like computer games - I just get in trouble for it now. I'm waiting for my kids to get older so I can play against them!

When you're really old you just play windows solitaire (god it's depressing when I see my Dad doing that!)

Plus, you need less hours of sleep. So that's time management...
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts
It's 104. Don't question it. That's just how it is.
Avatar image for Jack-o-Thompson
Jack-o-Thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Jack-o-Thompson
Member since 2007 • 2166 Posts
[QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

[QUOTE="Lyphe2k"]I'd say 25. By 25 you should have a job, focusing on your career and be involved in some kind of relationship. By 30, video games should be dead to you. But I'm only 17 so what do I know.jasperrussell

Lol I can't wait to own my kids when they're old enough. I'd probably be in my 40s and still be just as good as I am now.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts
[QUOTE="jasperrussell"][QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

[QUOTE="Lyphe2k"]I'd say 25. By 25 you should have a job, focusing on your career and be involved in some kind of relationship. By 30, video games should be dead to you. But I'm only 17 so what do I know.Jack-o-Thompson

Lol I can't wait to own my kids when they're old enough. I'd probably be in my 40s and still be just as good as I am now.

Come here you young'ums and let me kick your ass in Halo 42.

xNJN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 xNJN
Member since 2006 • 1374 Posts

The one when you're in a pine box, 6 feet underground.PBSnipes

even then...

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

Never, unless you are physically unabled to.

Joshywaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#62 Joshywaa
Member since 2002 • 10991 Posts

time to stop playing video games is when you finally meet your great grandparents and the beat you with a stick.amorbis1001

what?!?

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts
[QUOTE="ganon546"]

[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]The one when you're in a pine box, 6 feet underground.AdobeArtist

lol QFT

What, you think that'll stop ME? I'm gonna have a portable or two buried with me in my casket :P :P

I'll probably be buried with my PC, and have somebody dig up the grave every month or so to put new games in, and upgrade every three years.

iFuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 iFuel
Member since 2008 • 135 Posts
well my dad is 42 him and i play ps2 .he likes fifa fighting games and he kick a$ at it.8)
MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 MrGrimFandango
Member since 2005 • 5286 Posts
I dunno, like dead I think.
jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jasperrussell
[QUOTE="Jack-o-Thompson"][QUOTE="jasperrussell"][QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

[QUOTE="Lyphe2k"]I'd say 25. By 25 you should have a job, focusing on your career and be involved in some kind of relationship. By 30, video games should be dead to you. But I'm only 17 so what do I know.Guybrush_3

Come here you young'ums and let me kick your ass in Halo 42.

lol, new game - Attack of the oldies!

I can kick any 16 years but in.... let's see.... um I've forgotten, we'd I leave my teeth!?

Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Perception1
Member since 2006 • 1010 Posts

It gets better when you older and you can buy your own games and systems. That way you dont have to depend on "mommy" to buy your games.lolkie_81

Absolutely right, Im 17, starting working like 6 months ago and buying all the games I need, oh and I also don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

Edit: Come to think of it, I don't plan on stopping, period.

CiocioE1E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 CiocioE1E
Member since 2007 • 235 Posts

there ain no age limit for gameing

the first video game was invented by a physicist that was a old man, Pong.

games are for all ages but not the ones tha are made for some toy company like tyco or mattel

like those barbie games, thos are for little girls

some games are made wrong becaus they are only fr mature audience, mature audiences isnt the only gaming group

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#69 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15983 Posts
There's isn't a cut-off age. So long as I'm capable of playing, and capable of affording it, I'll keep playing games.
Paktahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Paktahn
Member since 2002 • 2093 Posts
Keep playing games until you stop enjoying them. I'm 26 and while it's harder to find games that appeal to me then it used to be I haven't stopped enjoying gaming.
funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts
Dead :|
ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
The age where you've simply played so many games that they just aren't fun anymore.
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#73 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts

Amen!

seriously, I can't imagine myself stopping. It's always getting better.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

never too old

when are you too old for watching movies, listening to music, reading books?

maybe the sort of games you play change.

in fact, more older people should play games. it keeps you sharp

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
Any age after you die.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
[QUOTE="jasperrussell"][QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

[QUOTE="Lyphe2k"]I'd say 25. By 25 you should have a job, focusing on your career and be involved in some kind of relationship. By 30, video games should be dead to you. But I'm only 17 so what do I know.wemhim

Plus, you need less hours of sleep. So that's time management...

Misconception about older people sleep less. Sure they take less of a traditional night time sleep. But that's offset by the periodic day naps :P :P

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#77 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
My vote is for dead.
earthmonkeyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 earthmonkeyyy
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts

Exactly. You know nothing.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

I would say sometime after I loose all usage of my right arm. I'm 27, have a wife and daughter, I'm in month 10 of a 15-month deployment to Iraq, I'm taking three on line college courses and I go to the gym almost every day between missions. Even with all of that, I still find the time to play my DS or my PS2 and Wii on my portable DVD player.

Maybe the idea that there is a cutoff age before you should stop playing comes from the idea that video games are just for kids. Back when I first started playing in the late 80s your average game was just for kids, while people over 20 playing games was pretty much unheard of. Those same adults who are now in their 40s or older are usually the ones outraged when a violent or sexually-explicit game comes out because they STILL think games are just for kids and give funny looks to someone in their 20s and 30s who still plays games, thinking they should have grown out of it by now.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Exactly...When you're dead.
JediRiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 JediRiff
Member since 2007 • 2159 Posts
I played the Atari 2600 when it came out and loved it. I played Pac-Man at the arcades, and Donkey Kong at the arcades, and I can remember Pong. I remember all of those when they came out, and played them. I'm 37, and I dont plan on stopping gaming until I dont want to play anymore. And I could care less what anyone thinks of me for doing it, either.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60702 Posts
When they pull the controller out of my cold dead hands ;)
flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts

[QUOTE="flowdee79"]Im 16 so I have an excuse.....but when Im around 25 I should have a job and proper social life so I won't waste my time on games AdobeArtist

I'm 36, work a day job, freelance on the side, spend time with the family, go out with friends for movies, night clubs, auto import shows... and still find a couple hours here and there with my X360.

No reason that video games can't fit into a "proper social life".

Never said there was, just that I wouldnt

samiup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#84 samiup
Member since 2006 • 767 Posts

This isnt the 70's through early 90's anymore when gaming was considered "just for nerds". But anyways, I'm 28 and the only thing that has changed is that new games take alot more to impress me.7thSIN

damn right man, as if you were reading my thoughts. i know that a lot of games out ther are cool but not for me anymore, ive been a gamer for a while and i grew more and more demanding, its getting harder for me to find a title that could impress me.

gatorteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 gatorteen
Member since 2005 • 2760 Posts
Im 17. I think there is no age to old for gaming, but i will probably tone in down considerable whenever I get out of college.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Im 17. I think there is no age to old for gaming, but i will probably tone in down considerable whenever I get out of college.gatorteen
Quite the opposite for me. When I was in college, I gamed a lot less than I do now that I've been out of college a few years.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

When they pull the controller out of my cold dead hands ;)Heil68

:lol: Now THAT'S an answer!! Wish I'D thought of it :lol:

jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 jasperrussell

I would say sometime after I loose all usage of my right arm. I'm 27, have a wife and daughter, I'm in month 10 of a 15-month deployment to Iraq, I'm taking three on line college courses and I go to the gym almost every day between missions. Even with all of that, I still find the time to play my DS or my PS2 and Wii on my portable DVD player.

Maybe the idea that there is a cutoff age before you should stop playing comes from the idea that video games are just for kids. Back when I first started playing in the late 80s your average game was just for kids, while people over 20 playing games was pretty much unheard of. Those same adults who are now in their 40s or older are usually the ones outraged when a violent or sexually-explicit game comes out because they STILL think games are just for kids and give funny looks to someone in their 20s and 30s who still plays games, thinking they should have grown out of it by now.

ad1x2

I suddenly feel lazy!

most people who play games are around the age 25. (that's close to a real stat that I couldn't be bothered referencing)

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
never, when u getr older u just game less, u don't quit it unless u have to.
EazyD91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 EazyD91
Member since 2007 • 781 Posts
If you're past 21 and still typing on this gaming site there's something wrong
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

If you're past 21 and still typing on this gaming site there's something wrongEazyD91

What? Why do you say that?

Lo_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#92 Lo_Rising
Member since 2007 • 930 Posts
i am 27 and dont plan on stopping until i am dead, i went through a period in late teens and early twenties when i did not play them at all then i got a ps2 and that changed everything i am back into it more than i ever was before.
Screamteam411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#93 Screamteam411
Member since 2003 • 1087 Posts
Especially with an increasing market for "casual gamers" now, I wouldn't be surprised to see people playing games until they cannot physically play them anymore. I fear that day myself.
Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts
Absolutely nothing. Believe me kid, 30 isn't as old as it seems to you now when you get there. Focused on both in my 20's, kept gaming. Turned 30 and realized I hated what I had. Now happily single and starting a new career.
Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts
[QUOTE="ad1x2"]

jasperrussell

I suddenly feel lazy!

most people who play games are around the age 25. (that's close to a real stat that I couldn't be bothered referencing)

Actually the average gamer is over 30. I think it's 33 now.
Avatar image for slothboyadvance
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#96 slothboyadvance
Member since 2003 • 12596 Posts

If you're past 21 and still typing on this gaming site there's something wrongEazyD91

Yup, after 21 no one should be allowed to talk to others who have the same general interest. :roll:

Yuri_Volte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Yuri_Volte
Member since 2005 • 698 Posts
I will keep on playing in the afterlife if that exist. and if we reincarnate , in my next life... i still be a gamer!!!
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#98 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18250 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]When they pull the controller out of my cold dead hands ;)AdobeArtist

:lol: Now THAT'S an answer!! Wish I'D thought of it :lol:

Now that is a very dumb answer...you know, even dead i will not allow them to take my controller.:)

Average-sock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Average-sock
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

When my thumbs surcome to arthritis, when my lungs need help to get oxygen, when my old eyes cant even see the screen, when i cant get out of the bed to go to the toilet and i siol myself, maybe thats when i'll stop :P

Its only logical!!!! :P

Avatar image for Truffle-Shuffle
Truffle-Shuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Truffle-Shuffle
Member since 2007 • 455 Posts
Old people love the Wii