TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 19372 Posts

@mesome713: no doubt games will need to be optimized.. Hoping the mod community come through, along with valve nurturing the device with developers.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#152 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 684 Posts

@TheEroica: Yeah, I think it’ll be the mod community fixing a bunch of them. If it takes off, then I could see more developers patching their games.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 TheEroica  Moderator

@mesome713: right... Me too. If there's some demand for it and the mod community is lively, we could be looking at the start of something great!

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#154 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6386 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@dzimm said:
@mesome713 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: We don’t play kids games on PS5, we play CoD.

CoD is the kind of game kids play to "prove" how mature they are. It's like awkwardly swearing around their friends.

Still bemused "I play COD instead of Mario" was somehow presented as a boast.

CoD is the kind of game kids play when they want to try and impress each other. Mario is the kind of game you play when you're mature enough to not give a shit what other people think.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#155 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 52568 Posts

Mario games are designed and marketed towards kids. COD is designed and marketed to adults. Where is the confusion?🤔

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#156 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6146 Posts

@TheEroica:

BUT it won't have Nintendo games which have always been the system seller for their hardware. I know it's a stupid argument that attracts simpleton ideals but simpleton are the majority of the casual gamer base. Nintendo rips people off with rehashes and people just keep on buying. And as I say this: I assure you that I too would be among the 1st to buy a Metroid Prime trilogy (despite owning it on the WiiU) FULL PRICE as well The Other M and even a rerelease of the Return of Samus remake that I already own on the 3DS JUST to have it on the Switch.

I already have the Bioshock trilogy, Resident Evil 5, 6, Revelations 1 and 2, Witcher 3, Doom 2016, Eternal, Friday the 13th, Megadimension Neptunia, Mortal Kombat 11, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2, Crash Trilogy and many more to name. And the list is still growing. Why should I buy a Steam Deck when I already have these on Switch?

I have NOTHING on Steam and tbh the only people I see buying the Deck are people who already have a Steam library. Ontop of that, they're not all optimized for the Deck on release. People are going to go to what looks like a safer and cheaper purchase. The cheapest version of the Steam Deck is the WORST version of it that makes the Switch look like a god. I just don't see the appeal. Wanna go portable on PC? Buy a gaming laptop. And I guarantee you that it will be 100% better than the Steam Deck. There's already a portable PC gaming option out there. What's the point in settling for some experimental tech?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 nepu7supastar7

@Pedro:

People are convinced that your maturity is rated by what you play. The same could be said for other forms of media.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 TheEroica  Moderator

@nepu7supastar7: I don't disagree with much of what you said, but you just said their first party games sell their consoles....

The WiiU had the exact same games and franchises the switch has.... It was an abomination for Nintendo. Nobody wanted it and the games didn't carry it to success in any conceivable way. It even has breath of the wild!

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#159 Life-is-a-Game  Online
Member since 2005 • 709 Posts

So many delusional fanboys in this thread .. Nintendo is Nintendo and will keep doing Nintendo stuff and sell HW and 1st party SW like crazy hot cakes whether you guys like it or not .. I am not saying their practices are all good and I am not suggesting that the Steam Deck is not great in concept .. all I'm saying is that Nintendo will keep doing their thing and will keep selling a lot and nothing will stop them for now .. and them selling 10million+ from their main software titles suggest that their fans are enjoying their systems and games .. so let's not pretend that Nintendo don't know what they're doing and praise Sony or MS while talk shit about Nintendo because as far as I can see it their business model is great

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#160 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 52568 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Pedro:

People are convinced that your maturity is rated by what you play. The same could be said for other forms of media.

The folks who are convinced that the games you play are a reflection of maturity aren't particularly intelligent then.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 17059 Posts

Can't wait to game on the Steam Deck. I love my Switch and I've always wanted to stream my PC games on it. Steam Deck seems like the best of both worlds to me. It also helps that you can install Windows on it if you want and virtually play any PC game you want.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 nepu7supastar7

@Pedro:

Ugh, I see it all the time everywhere. Where you have like, friends talking about the Godfather being a movie for people of culture and sophistication. And the movie (not Godfather specifically) is this long drudge of crap with a long winded story that way over stays its welcome after 2 hours. You watch thinking: "WTF is the big deal?" And you tell that to your friends and they tell you that you just "didn't get it." smh Folks are just always looking for ways to feel superior over each other.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 nepu7supastar7

@TheEroica:

Bite your tongue! We don't ever mention THAT name!!

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1427 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Pedro:

Ugh, I see it all the time everywhere. Where you have like, friends talking about the Godfather being a movie for people of culture and sophistication. And the movie (not Godfather specifically) is this long drudge of crap with a long winded story that way over stays its welcome after 2 hours. You watch thinking: "WTF is the big deal?" And you tell that to your friends and they tell you that you just "didn't get it." smh Folks are just always looking for ways to feel superior over each other.

It's how I felt with Inception. Everyone was going on and on about how great the movie was and how deep it was and blah blah blah. Meanwhile, I tried to watch that movie twice, and fell asleep both times. I just couldn't do it.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 dabear
Member since 2002 • 4100 Posts

@TheEroica: Nintendo sells consoles because of Nintendo games. The GameCube sold well, despite being a traditional console with little 3rd party support.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#166 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 5947 Posts

This will go the way of so many other devices, nowhere. There is no big market for a portable handheld PC. People have phones, laptops, and serious PC gamers will use their rigs.

I'm sure it will break a million units sold because there gamers out there that'll buy this sort of thing. But the hardware is already dated, running - optimistically - at maybe a PS4 or XB1 level.

Sure, the Switch has dated hardware. But it's (1) more portable and ergonomic, (2) has Nintendo as a developer, (3) mods have already gotten to it, (4) is a good couch machine.

Unless Gabe is going to launch Half-Life 3, Portal 3, Team Fortress 3, etc. next to this, it's just a device that plays most of your existing library assuming the games are on PC (without a kb/m for true PC games.)

I do think the modding community will have a field day with this, though.

TL;DR

This isn't going to impact the gaming community in the slightest.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 TheEroica  Moderator

@dabear said:

@TheEroica: Nintendo sells consoles because of Nintendo games. The GameCube sold well, despite being a traditional console with little 3rd party support.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/can-nintendo-ever-have-success-with-a-traditional--33564622/

Disagree...

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#168 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 426 Posts

Its rare I agree with articles these days, let alone every single word written. Pcgamer article is 100% right. There is no need for the Switch if Valve get it right

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 8243 Posts

@NukleaWorfair said:

Its rare I agree with articles these days, let alone every single word written. Pcgamer article is 100% right. There is no need for the Switch if Valve get it right

im glad the deck is coming out because millions of people will be buying it, and that means devs won't neglect the low end hardware when making their games.

But let me say this...the deck can very quickly be made obsolete by nintendo before it even gets to release. All nintendo has to do is announce the next switch to be PC gaming compatible and it would be good night. It would take a bunch of work, but its possible for them to do it, actually very easy. The only problem for them is security.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#170 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 16548 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: that would be sweet - my main issue with my switch is how "isolated" it is from my other libraries, and it doesn't need to be

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 8243 Posts

@xantufrog: we know nintendo, it's not going to happen..just another pipe dream

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 11510 Posts

I just want to know if Gamepass will be allowed through the browser. That would be incredible.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#173 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 16548 Posts

@kuu2: i'm sure you can - you can install Chrome etc on SteamOS, and there are videos of people playing XCloud in Linux on Chrome (didn't have the energy to hunt for one using SteamOS specifically, but that's a good number of connected dots)

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 11510 Posts

@xantufrog: if Chrome can be installed I’m sure Edge can also since it’s based on Chromium. Can’t wait, have mine preordered.