Well I Finally Got A PS3 And Wii...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

duality747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 duality747
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts

As some of your may know, I have owned a 360 since almost launch. I love my 360 but I thought it was time to get a Wii. I had $2000 Au to spend but i wasnt planning on spending it all obviously. I got my Wii aswell as Zelda and warioware but then I saw some the Ps3 display. After long considereration i decided i was going to get one eventually and i was looking to get a blueray player so i picked one of them up aswell as resistance and a few movies.

The wii is amazingly fun but i already knew that as a mate had one. Now the Ps3 i find to be underrated. Its a really good console, doesnt have enough games yet but the console itself is quite good. Resistance is good fun and reminds me of call of duty but faster with more modern weapons. It is starting to get a little repeatative but its a very solid game, i would give it 8.5. I am impressed by the Ps3's online, its nowhere near xboxlive, but it seems to be lag free and obviosly price free.

I just thought I would write this to maybe help people if they consider a Ps3, the console itself is very good, but it doesnt have enough games yet so i wouldnt reccomend it unless you want the blueray aspect. Everyone know the will is great fun at a cheap price so i more focused on the Ps3 because it has been under critisicm. anyways hope this maybe helped someone.

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts
Nice,i agree with this post.
flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#3 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts
Neat.
Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts
You did not outline the PS3 costs $1000 here ($830 US) and games up to $120. Plus you can get a Samsung blu-ray player at $990 now though that will drop (it was $1500 a few months ago).
SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts
Cool, I'm buying a PS3 when Ninja Gaiden: Sigma comes out.  Look out for the game "mate", it looks good.
Neal_Gore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Neal_Gore
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts
I'm buying a new killer PC rig when Crysis comes out and I know the specs for the game. I'm passing on a Ps3 and Wii and I have the 360 which is awesome.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

Cool, I'm buying a PS3 when Ninja Gaiden: Sigma comes out.  Look out for the game "mate", it looks good.SergeantSnitch

comes july 3rd so you dont have long. :)

duality747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 duality747
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts

You did not outline the PS3 costs $1000 here ($830 US) and games up to $120. Plus you can get a Samsung blu-ray player at $990 now though that will drop (it was $1500 a few months ago).Nintendo_Man

Yeah I know it a bit more expensive here but rather than pay about the same for a blueray player, or maybe $200 less in a few months, why wouldnt I get a Ps3 as I can use it for many things. Also 360 games are sometimes $120 dollars when they come out.

-DarthVader-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 -DarthVader-
Member since 2003 • 12590 Posts

welcome to the ps36wii club

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]You did not outline the PS3 costs $1000 here ($830 US) and games up to $120. Plus you can get a Samsung blu-ray player at $990 now though that will drop (it was $1500 a few months ago).duality747

Yeah I know it a bit more expensive here but rather than pay about the same for a blueray player, or maybe $200 less in a few months, why wouldnt I get a Ps3 as I can use it for many things. Also 360 games are sometimes $120 dollars when they come out.

Yeah true but the games are already over priced at $100.

www.dvdcrave.com.au

That site sometimes have crazy pre-order offers, taking off up to $30 off the RRP of games. They had Forza 2 limited edition for $80 (RRP $110). Just look through the site.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Cool, enjoy.

PS3 is way too expensive in Australia. I mean, good luck to those who buy it and I hope you all enjoy it, but $1000AU is insane for a video game console in my view.

Hopefully they reduce the price later in the year, or at least do a good bundle deal with GTAIV. 

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 greg_splicer
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

As some of your may know, I have owned a 360 since almost launch. I love my 360 but I thought it was time to get a Wii. I had $2000 Au to spend but i wasnt planning on spending it all obviously. I got my Wii aswell as Zelda and warioware but then I saw some the Ps3 display. After long considereration i decided i was going to get one eventually and i was looking to get a blueray player so i picked one of them up aswell as resistance and a few movies.

The wii is amazingly fun but i already knew that as a mate had one. Now the Ps3 i find to be underrated. Its a really good console, doesnt have enough games yet but the console itself is quite good. Resistance is good fun and reminds me of call of duty but faster with more modern weapons. It is starting to get a little repeatative but its a very solid game, i would give it 8.5. I am impressed by the Ps3's online, its nowhere near xboxlive, but it seems to be lag free and obviosly price free.

I just thought I would write this to maybe help people if they consider a Ps3, the console itself is very good, but it doesnt have enough games yet so i wouldnt reccomend it unless you want the blueray aspect. Everyone know the will is great fun at a cheap price so i more focused on the Ps3 because it has been under critisicm. anyways hope this maybe helped someone.

duality747

I see not one game out or coming or ever to come on Wii that i want to play more than Mass Effect, Bioshock, Lost Odyssey, Halo 3, Too Human, Two Worlds, Elveon, Overlord, Eternal Sonata, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Circle of Doom, Fable 2, Naruto RPG, Alan Wake, Theseis, Warhound, Precursors, Ninja gaiden 2, Blue Dragon 2, Viva Pinata 2, Cry On, Infinite Undiscovery, 2ond Bioware 230 only RPG, Banjo, Flatout Carnage all excluisve to 360

and Final Fatnasy 13, FF13 vs, MGS4, Killzone 2, Drake's Forune, Lair, White Knight Story, Angel Ringsm, TEam ICO game, God of War 3,  all exclusive to PS3

and of course the PS3/360 ONLY games that Wii will never see, like Oblivion, Last Remnant, Assasins Creed, Colin DIRT, Haze, Aliens RPG, Larian studios RPG, Gothic 4, Project Offset, Rise of the Argonauts, Ace Combat 6, Resident Evil 5, LOTR: White Council, Beowolf etc etc etc

Wii is a piece of GARBAGE !!! It is by far the worst gaming machine ever created to date, now the fact that it sells means nothing to me really, PS3 + 360 is just INFNITELY better than Wii

PS3 is really underrated, fact is i hated it myself, but after the latest greatest Drake and Lair stuff i can say i am impressed, i am getting one as soon as a slight price drop is due

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

I see not one game out or coming or ever to come on Wii that i want to play more than Mass Effect, Bioshock, Lost Odyssey, Halo 3, Too Human, Two Worlds, Elveon, Overlord, Eternal Sonata, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Circle of Doom, Fable 2, Naruto RPG, Alan Wake, Theseis, Warhound, Precursors, Ninja gaiden 2, Blue Dragon 2, Viva Pinata 2, Cry On, Infinite Undiscovery, 2ond Bioware 230 only RPG, Banjo, Flatout Carnage all excluisve to 360

and Final Fatnasy 13, FF13 vs, MGS4, Killzone 2, Drake's Forune, Lair, White Knight Story, Angel Ringsm, TEam ICO game, God of War 3,  all exclusive to PS3

and of course the PS3/360 ONLY games that Wii will never see, like Oblivion, Last Remnant, Assasins Creed, Colin DIRT, Haze, Aliens RPG, Larian studios RPG, Gothic 4, Project Offset, Rise of the Argonauts, Ace Combat 6, Resident Evil 5, LOTR: White Council, Beowolf etc etc etc

Wii is a piece of GARBAGE !!! It is by far the worst gaming machine ever created to date, now the fact that it sells means nothing to me really, PS3 + 360 is just INFNITELY better than Wii

PS3 is really underrated, fact is i hated it myself, but after the latest greatest Drake and Lair stuff i can say i am impressed, i am getting one as soon as a slight price drop is due

greg_splicer

wii is far from garbage. it has plenty of excellent titles coming and with its recent success more are sure to follow. and it is getting new exclsuives announced on a daily basis.  the ones in bold are the ones i am looking forward to the most. and these are just the exclusive games!

Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None*
Alien Syndrome
Animal Crossing Wii
BWii: Battalion Wars 2
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting
Boogie
Cosmic Family
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party
Dave Mirra BMX Challenge
Destiny of Zorro
Dewy's Adventure
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Donkey Kong Jet
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
EA Playground
Escape From Bug Island
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers
Final Furlong
Fire Emblem
Forever Blue
Ghost Squad
Godzilla: Unleashed
Kirby Adventure
Line Rider
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
My Sims
Naruto: Clash of Ninja 3
Nights: Journey of Dreams
No More Heroes
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
Opoona
Orb
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Project Rygar
Project Treasure Island Z
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Sadness
Samurai Slash
Soul Calibur Legends 
Space Station Tycoon
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy
Tamagotchi Party On!
Thorn
Wii Health Pack

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 greg_splicer
[QUOTE="greg_splicer"]

InfamousC

wii is far from garbage. it has plenty of excellent titles coming and with its recent success more are sure to follow. and it is getting new exclsuives announced on a daily basis.  the ones in bold are the ones i am looking forward to the most. and these are just the exclusive games!

Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None*
Alien Syndrome
Animal Crossing Wii
BWii: Battalion Wars 2
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting
Boogie
Cosmic Family
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party
Dave Mirra BMX Challenge
Destiny of Zorro
Dewy's Adventure
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Donkey Kong Jet
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
EA Playground
Escape From Bug Island
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers
Final Furlong
Fire Emblem
Forever Blue
Ghost Squad
Godzilla: Unleashed
Kirby Adventure
Line Rider
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
My Sims
Naruto: Clash of Ninja 3
Nights: Journey of Dreams
No More Heroes
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
Opoona
Orb
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Project Rygar
Project Treasure Island Z
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Sadness
Samurai Slash
Soul Calibur Legends 
Space Station Tycoon
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy
Tamagotchi Party On!
Thorn
Wii Health Pack

Well, it is the same as if GBA got a new exclusive game per day, would i care ? No, because i only play next gen games, and not old looking garbages, ok ? If it gets a game as good looking as FF10 though, i might change my mind, in Wii they HAVE to use 2D graphics too, to make even one good looking game, but they have not yet, if they did would be fine, maybe bring pc adventures too, that would be cool too, Wii is just not for 3D graphics, every 3D game of it looks like UTTER GARBAGE BT can you name ONE game of the above that would be better than ANY game in my PS3+360 list ? Or if you want add more, like name 10 Wii games that COMBINED would be better than FF10 or Mass Effect for example
hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
Yeah, PS3 is underrated, problem is development for it takes a lot of time due to the high budget spent on its projects, I think it will take 1 year before PS3 becomes formidable.
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
Nice one, have fun.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts

It's what i always say: You have to play with a PS3 to actually see what this console is all about.

I don't understand fanboys and their hatred towards the PS3 when the majority of them NEVER even touched one.

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 greg_splicer

It's what i always say: You have to play with a PS3 to actually see what this console is all about.

I don't understand fanboys and their hatred towards the PS3 when the majority of them NEVER even touched one.

lusitanogamer
That hate is based on the redicoulous pricing and the bad advertisement of games, hated the damn thing myself until i saw Drake's true form, PS3 is capapble of amazing things as 360, and a must buy
stilfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 stilfro
Member since 2005 • 372 Posts

welcome to the ps36wii club 

-DarthVader-

Wouldn't it be PSWii60?