Watch_Dogs = PS4: 1080p/30fps, Xbox One: 960p/30fps

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Vatusus said:

@kingtito said:

@Vatusus said:

@MonsieurX said:

Consoles still fighting for 2nd place

They're not fighting anymore. PS4 is the clear winner

A gen that will most likely last 6-7 years has been decided in 4 months? Ummm yeah sure you don't sound biased at all.

What? after pretty much every multiplat this gen having bigger resolution on PS4and most (with a couple exceptions) running better on PS4 you lems still believe the XOne can turn this around? LMAO

That didn't stop the PS3 from catching up to the 360 now did it? Since when are gens determined by resolution or console power? I think the Wii would like to have a word with you. let me guess, you're now going to make excuses why the Wii won? Typical cow

Games and price will ultimately determine who the winner will be.

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

Gotta love SW hypocrisy, one minute resolution and sales matters the most, next minute it doesnt... Anyway, lems should abndon this thread and go spinning the 'jack tretton' thread

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@lhughey said:

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

http://www.thearabgamer.com/2014/03/watch-dogs-1080p-on-ps4-960p-on-xbox.html

Called it ages ago.

Special shout out to mister X who thought that Watch Dogs' delay was because of the PS4 version (Over exaggerated wink.).

In this thread we discuss this and predict the next inferior Xbone multiplat.

Who the hell is the TheArabGamer.com? LOL!!!

That was the obvious question IMO, but it seem like everyone else but you glossed over that detail. While it may be true, this blackgamer needs a better source than TheArabGamer.com. Lol.

Don't know it it's true or not. Seems like a rumor for now. I was just trying to find better source from a more quailified site, but I couldn't find any. N4G has the same story, but they were linking TheArabGamer.com site. lol!! I'd rather hear this news from Ubisoft themselves.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#104 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@kingtito said:

@Vatusus said:

@kingtito said:

@Vatusus said:

@MonsieurX said:

They're not fighting anymore. PS4 is the clear winner

A gen that will most likely last 6-7 years has been decided in 4 months? Ummm yeah sure you don't sound biased at all.

What? after pretty much every multiplat this gen having bigger resolution on PS4and most (with a couple exceptions) running better on PS4 you lems still believe the XOne can turn this around? LMAO

That didn't stop the PS3 from catching up to the 360 now did it? Since when are gens determined by resolution or console power? I think the Wii would like to have a word with you. let me guess, you're now going to make excuses why the Wii won? Typical cow

I was talkin about the graphical capabilities, not sales

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#105  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@j_assassin said:

Gotta love SW hypocrisy, one minute resolution and sales matters the most, next minute it doesnt... Anyway, lems should abndon this thread and go spinning the 'jack tretton' thread

Tell me about it. Last gen lems were all "PS3 LAST PLACE" and couldnt shut the fvck up about very slightly graphical differences and resolution (case in mind: Crysis 2 resolution). And I find funny how they call the cows hypocrites...

what goes around comes around lems

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By blackace

@I_can_haz said:

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@blackace said:

Yeah, they were paid by Sony to keep their mouths shut. There's no way this shouldn't have been caught.

It's getting tinfoil hatty in here. I like it. But still lol

I'm sure you where a tinfoil hat on a daily basis. The best way to communicate with other cows in Fantasy Land. LOL!! You don't have any REAL answer as to how the great Digital Foundry completely missed this with all the testing they did on this game? i didn't think so.

@I_can_haz said:

Lems owned once again, nothing to see here.

LMAO!! Looks who's back to damage control. Nothing you want to see because it's BAD NEWS FOR YOU. You don't care that Sony lied to you though. You're head is too far up Sony's a$$ to see or hear anything. lol!! Only time you pop your head out is when an XB1 or Microsoft article appears. LOL!!

What's the bad news for me here? Xbone running the game at 960p or Xbone in last place in sales LOL? Man, it so rough for you guys that you're losing it. In what world is the Xbone underperforming bad news for cows?

I'm talking about Sony lying about KZ:SF resolution idiot. lol!! The resolution for Watch Dogs isn't even a big deal. Very minor. Only idiotic cows making a big deal out of nothing. Also, it's not even confirmed by Ubisoft yet. It's from an unknown website. No other sites seems to have gotten the news from Ubisoft yet.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

Blackace owned once again. He wont respond unfortunately.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Once again the ONE version will look better with its superior technology. 960p must be the sweet spot.

UBI has already stated that the X1 version has a more vibrant and lively world. Win, win.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By blackace

@Nightflash28 said:

Could someone please dig up all the fanboy posts of people claiming that the power of the cloud would deliver the superior experience on the Xbox One? Soooo many people were raving on about this back in the day.

The CLOUD tech really hasn't even been used yet. Only Forza 5 and Titanfall are currently using it. The CLOUD isn't even complete. Microsoft said it won't be fully ready until 2015.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#110 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Once again the ONE version will look better with its superior technology. 960p must be the sweet spot.

UBI has already stated that the X1 version has a more vibrant and lively world. Win, win.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#111  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

120 diagonal pixel difference? So next to no difference?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 FoxbatAlpha

@misterpmedia: upset? Dude I'm so relaxed that I was just about to start masturbating.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@Foxbatalpha: Yes, be proud of sub-hd being the X1s sweet spot. Idiot.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

You cows wouldn't notice the difference anyway, especially when you couldn't tell if Killzone SF multiplayer was 960x1080p.

Well that was because the game wasn't upscale which isn't the same..

Is 1080i basically not 1080p.

But then again if you haven't mind 720p games on xbox one..

@Crypt_mx said:

Uhm wow. Are cows really making a big deal out of 960p vs 1080p? Firstly, I'm willing to bet not a single person here could tell the difference side by side. Secondly, isn't this a good thing for lems? Seriously the games in the generation started out 720p vs 1080p (which is a pretty noticeable difference) and only after a couple of months Xbox titles are being announced at 900p and up . It won't be long before both consoles are producing nearly identical graphics with the same fame rate and resolution. I would expect that by the end of 2014 resolution won't even be a thing anymore, everything will be 1080p.

With the resolution difference come other difference to,just like many games have already show.

That bold part is a total joke the only game 720p on xbox one and 1080p on PS4 on launch was Ghost,AC4 was 900p on xbox one since launch and 1080p on PS4,the xbox one isn't catching up,there will be some games like Tomb Raider that even run at the same resolution because the xbox one will give up something else just like it was the case with Tomb Raider.

The games will not run identical,at the same frames and resolution on less the PS4 version is gimped on purpose,the PS4 GPU is stronger period and will be stronger until both consoles die.

@blackace said:

I can definitely understands dumb Cows not noticing this. Everything they look at on the PS4 looks like 1080P to them. What baffles me is how DF completely missed it. Seems like someone was paid off by Sony. How did all those other game sites completely miss this resolution change from SP to MP?

Yeah, they were paid by Sony to keep their mouths shut. There's no way this shouldn't have been caught.

Funny enough the game is 1080i basically and the image is not stretched in any way like MS does with all its gimped games,more funny is that Single player is actually more demanding than multiplayer,has bigger open areas better effects and is 1080p native,so bag it the game was rush as hell period,they should have not call it 1080p and i say that it was a joke to do that,but they are right in one thing if 1080p is define by everything in the pipe been 1080p (like it should) that means games like Tomb raider on xbox one are not 1080p because effect were done at half resolution stated by DF it self.

Yeah now DF was pay by sony,...lol yeah it has been MS who has been making sh** articles using DF and the ones who claimed that games would speak for them self on launch to trick people like you into biting into the xbox one..lol

Killzone is 1080p single player 1080i basically multiplayer,now Ghost is 720p on xbox one no matter in what mode,BF4 is 720p no matter in what mode,KI is 720p as well,MGS is 720p as well,Ryse is 900p no matter in what mode and so on and so forward.

At least the game is not 720p full like on xbox one,which hasn't bother you by the way,because you only bitch about things on PS4.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@PinkieWinkie: if it looks better and performs better then why wouldn't it be a sweet spot? Remember Bf4 looking better on THE ONE? Yeah I thought so.

Sorry I made you cry.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@blackace said:

It's getting tinfoil hatty in here. I like it. But still lol

I'm sure you where a tinfoil hat on a daily basis. The best way to communicate with other cows in Fantasy Land. LOL!! You don't have any REAL answer as to how the great Digital Foundry completely missed this with all the testing they did on this game? i didn't think so.

@I_can_haz said:

Lems owned once again, nothing to see here.

LMAO!! Looks who's back to damage control. Nothing you want to see because it's BAD NEWS FOR YOU. You don't care that Sony lied to you though. You're head is too far up Sony's a$$ to see or hear anything. lol!! Only time you pop your head out is when an XB1 or Microsoft article appears. LOL!!

What's the bad news for me here? Xbone running the game at 960p or Xbone in last place in sales LOL? Man, it so rough for you guys that you're losing it. In what world is the Xbone underperforming bad news for cows?

I'm talking about Sony lying about KZ:SF resolution idiot. lol!! The resolution for Watch Dogs isn't even a big deal. Very minor. Only idiotic cows making a big deal out of nothing. Also, it's not even confirmed by Ubisoft yet. It's from an unknown website. No other sites seems to have gotten the news from Ubisoft yet.

You claim Xbone running this game at 960p isn't a big deal then go on to claim that KZSF's MP resolution is? LOL what an idiot. Contradicting yourself in only two sentences. Who gives a **** about what res KZSF's MP runs at? The SP is 1080p and destroys anything on Xbone. Come back when Xbone isn't running multiplats at half the resolution or half the frame rate of PS4 versions.

Idiot lems like you were claiming victory over 100 pixels extra in multiplats last gen and couldn't stop talking about sales. Now that the tables have turned you're hyping mediocre games like Ryse and Dead Rising 3 to hide the fact that Xbone is getting blown the **** out on all fronts by PS4.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50555 Posts

Loving lems saying cows couldn't notice the difference, especially when df themselves didn't notice anything

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#118 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

The difference is getting smaller by each game released.

I find it funny to hear all these kinds of weird resolution numbers, 960 ..792 ... and soon 865.5 :D

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

@blackace said:

@Nightflash28 said:

Could someone please dig up all the fanboy posts of people claiming that the power of the cloud would deliver the superior experience on the Xbox One? Soooo many people were raving on about this back in the day.

The CLOUD tech really hasn't even been used yet. Only Forza 5 and Titanfall are currently using it. The CLOUD isn't even complete. Microsoft said it won't be fully ready until 2015.

I hear you, mate. But that is just not what fanboys were saying last year. The cloud was gonna make Watch Dogs best on Xbox One, with the most detailed city, etc. Pwnage was called so much... and now? Excuses.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

With the PS4 being a whopping 50% stonger, the gap should be a lot wider than this.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

@bodde1972 said:

Wtf is up with these crazy random resolutions on the Xbone? 960p WD and 792p TF whats next 867,5p?

Yeah I'm pretty confused by these resolutions as well. No TV that I know of does any of these crazy resolutions natively, so won't the image look more distorted than it would simply outputting in 720p as opposed to to 792p or 900p?

Either way, I will not be getting this for my PS4. PC for sure. Even if the PS4 version is in 1080p, 60fps really does make such a big difference.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

dat 30fps

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Another day, another "how many p's does it have" thread. What if I made a thread about how my PC games run at 1440p everyday? Would I win System Wars then?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#124 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

Another day, another "how many p's does it have" thread. What if I made a thread about how my PC games run at 1440p everyday? Would I win System Wars then?

No, you would probably get a bunch of posts about "wasting money," petitions/begging, and GOTY awards

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Sony Fan continue to be the clowns of SW.

Really Sony Fan after BlurZonegate. And its from the twitter douche as well.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@draign said:

With the PS4 being a whopping 50% stonger, the gap should be a lot wider than this.

actually the gap is about where it should be. "50% stronger" does not mean 50% more performance. More like 25% in real world application. Also you have to factor in that resolution is only part of the story. PS4 generally has greater assets as well as greater resolution. They don't exactly run on the same graphical settings with the only difference being resolution. Look at the thief comparison DF did for example. There were parts where the PS4 had lighting effects yet on the same part of the game on the xbone there were none. It's not just resolution but consolites don't know this because they have no clue about graphical settings because they have never actually had to tweak them.

Put it this way on my PC if I run BF4 at 900p in ultra and compare it to 1080p in ultra I dare anyone to spot the difference. I've done it before and aside from the different ratio I honestly couldn't tell. But if I run the game on high at 900p and compare it to 1080p on ultra settings I can quickly spot the difference. It's more than just resolution and honestly the power difference is shown more in the different graphical settings than the different resolution.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

That is because many people wanted a PS3 but could not afford it,it was the successor to the biggest console ever,and while the xbox 360 was able to take US and UK,it could not take main land EU or Japan.

This gen is totally different,there is no 1 year head start that for starters,second the PS4 is cheaper,and already is ahead world wide beating and taking all markets,now if MS still had US and UK i may say it may be a close one,but the PS4 already is more than 2 million units ahead and store can't keep units long they vanish as soon as they are available.

Resolution doesn't determine who wins and i do agree with that.

But price not always determine who wins,bot the Gamecube and the Dreamcast were $100 cheaper than the PS2,in fact by the time the PS2 hit US the DC was $150 dollars cheaper.

I think MS loss all the goodwill they won with the xbox 360,that or people got tire or RROD and MS abusive policies.

@blackace said:

@Nightflash28 said:

The cloud is dedicated servers dude stop trolling...

Yeah and the xbox one will have 40 times the power of the 360 with it..lol

@I_can_haz said:

You claim Xbone running this game at 960p isn't a big deal then go on to claim that KZSF's MP resolution is? LOL what an idiot. Contradicting yourself in only two sentences. Who gives a **** about what res KZSF's MP runs at? The SP is 1080p and destroys anything on Xbone. Come back when Xbone isn't running multiplats at half the resolution or half the frame rate of PS4 versions.

Idiot lems like you were claiming victory over 100 pixels extra in multiplats last gen and couldn't stop talking about sales. Now that the tables have turned you're hyping mediocre games like Ryse and Dead Rising 3 to hide the fact that Xbone is getting blown the **** out on all fronts by PS4.

That's blackace for you owning him self 1 post at a time...hahaha

Just like in other thread he claim that he didn't care about graphics,but here he is crying about performance and trying to DC it...

@GoldenElementXL said:

Nothing because not all PC can run all games in that resolution in fact the majority can't even run them in 1080p 60FPS on max..lol

But some how i knew you will be here either defending the xbox one,damage controlling or just plain attacking the thread.

@kuu2 said:

Sony Fan continue to be the clowns of SW.

Really Sony Fan after BlurZonegate. And its from the twitter douche as well.

The tears the tears i can taste those tears...hahaha

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@Silent-Assasin7 said:

Well Sony fans didn't have a problem playing BF4 in 900p, so I can't imagine having an issue with 960p for this game.

960p sux but it is still better than 720p...

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Best on PC for those who are willing to spend a couple grand to be hunched over a desktop gaining weight. For the rest of us ps4 is the way to go.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@MonsieurX said:

PC wins as usual:

• PC: up to 4K/framerate varies

You own a Wii-U idiot..

So...?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#131 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@MonsieurX: That's nice, PS4 owners still get exclusive content

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

good shit, good shit.

sony - 21

ms - 0

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#133 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

peasants in this thread:

ratchet_usa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 ratchet_usa
Member since 2005 • 376 Posts

@GoldenElementXL: No because PC exclusive games are miles behind the masterpieces found on PS3/PS4.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

lmao Lem Scum Army back to crying bitch tears after getting the shit end of the stick, again.

Look on the bright side, it's 960p instead of 900p. Dat SDK!

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

lets see I still have to see which version performs better on console but likely ps4 again. Cant say I care much though if its a good game I will pick it up

ratchet_usa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 ratchet_usa
Member since 2005 • 376 Posts

Paying $100 more for inferior multi pats LMAO lemming logic.

GameMediator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By GameMediator
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

PS4 fanboys on this forum are soo annoying.

go educate yourselves with how the X1 hardware actually operates.

these multiplatform games that run slightly better at launch is nothing to brag about... unless youre completely ignorant, and its sad. go educate yourselves please.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 lostrib

@gamemediator said:

these multiplatform games that run slightly better at launch is nothing to brag about... unless youre completely ignorant, and its sad. go educate yourselves please.

dat damage control

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#140 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@gamemediator said:

So how does the X1 hardware operate? If multiplats are anything to go by, then the hardware is not what MS said at E3 being it was the most powerful console since then they've changed that to most powerful entertainment box. But exactly how does it operate or how will it get better?

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@xboxdone74: uhhh why ?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 lostrib

@Pray_to_me said:

Best on PC for those who are willing to spend a couple grand to be hunched over a desktop gaining weight. For the rest of us ps4 is the way to go.

a couple grand?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50555 Posts

@gamemediator said:

Please, enlighten us

GameMediator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 GameMediator
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

@gamemediator said:

So how does the X1 hardware operate? If multiplats are anything to go by, then the hardware is not what MS said at E3 being it was the most powerful console since then they've changed that to most powerful entertainment box. But exactly how does it operate or how will it get better?

Current developers struggle with the ESRAM and lacks in GPU performance. Direct X 12 will allow developers to take advantage of storing gigabytes of data into 32mb of ESRAM without sacrificing the GPU performance.

Its really amazing once you start to think about what the X1 is capable of.

sooo, in conclusion these multiplatform comparison threads are ridiculous. It's just ignorant uneducated PS4 fanboys claiming ownage (in their own mind) over slight resolution and framerate differentials lol.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@draign said:

It depends on how the programmers use the hardware.

Xbox One has a very narrow optimal performance path when compared to the larger GDDR5 memory model.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

@gamemediator said:

yea man, how does it work?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@Wasdie: you think this game will run 4k on a single card ?

If 1.84 TFLOPS = 1920x1080p profile then 5760x1080p = 5.5 TFLOPS which is about 3X. This is for CU bound workloads.

My R9-290X at 1040Mhz delivers about 5.8 TFLOPS.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Got a feeling this game in not gonna live up to the hype.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@misterpmedia: upset? Dude I'm so relaxed that I was just about to start masturbating.

we already knew you were a jerk off.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#150 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

Just another multi plat running below 1080p on Xbox one what else is new?