Watch Dogs PC screenshots released (TURD!)

• 160 results
#51 Edited by madskills6117 (4160 posts) -

We get it, the game doesn't look like the 2012 E3 reveal. Either way, day one for me on the ps4.

#52 Posted by musicalmac (24897 posts) -

@kraken2109: Yeah, I think that video looks really, completely "more of the same" and that's it. If the game is fun, great. It won't be because of the way it looks.

#53 Edited by GarGx1 (9686 posts) -

Guess I'll find out first hand on Tuesday. It came free with my new graphics card so it's not cost me anything extra.

#54 Edited by Ben-Buja (2809 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

@Ben-Buja said:

Let's compare to some other open world games on PC

GTA IV modded (2008 released, icenhancer came out in 2011)

Speaking of mods, it would be interesting to see just how moddable Watchdogs is. It's Ubisoft, so, it obviously wont get support.

Well Sweet FX will work and squeeze a bit more out of the visuals, I bet with a bit more saturation and contrast it will a lot better.

Don't think there will be any other modding. ENB is out of the picture since it's limited to DX9

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#55 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

I'll say one thing, the visuals may be pretty meh most of the time but.

The cops are fucking tenacious, they really don't give up. That was one of my big issues with gta 5, how easy it was to lose the police even with a 4 star rating.

#56 Posted by R4gn4r0k (27734 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

The daytime shots look like absolute balls, but from what i've seen of the nighttime gameplay (with rain) it looks pretty decent.

That reminds me, Sleeping Dogs looked most impressive when it was raining too :P

#57 Edited by emgesp (7551 posts) -

LOL at all the PC elitists that thought the PC version maxed would blow away the PS4 version. This game looks like a cleaned up last gen game. Nothing next-gen looking about this. Second Son, Ryse, Drive Club, Arkham Knight, The Order 1886 and Killzone SF is how you do next-gen.

P.S. GTA lV with mods looks way better than Watch Dogs.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#58 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

dem car models.

#59 Edited by faizan_faizan (7869 posts) -

GTA IV is miles better than this shit. I take back what I said about this.

Almost empty streets, shitty fake reflections with even shitty low resolution cubemaps that lead to poor reflection resolution, shit textures and shit character models. I'm sure I'm missing on a lot of things.

Take a look at this image, presumably it's the lowest LOD model for that character:

And now look this NPC, its the lowest LOD model in GTA IV of that specific character (excluding the generic LOD which is only used when an NPC is miles away, you don't even notice that in-game), at least she has a face.

#60 Edited by lunar1122 (779 posts) -

so i downloaded the game.. yes i pirated it.. I just had to see the performance on my computer. Don't lose your pussies as i have infact preordered it on steam.Steam says 3 days , Thats to long for me.. I just couldn't resist and needed it right away.

My conclusions are the game runs fine.. It looks better than what the screenshots show, And yes an i5 3570k @ 4.3 ghz is perfectly fine ... The i7 requirement is b.s

The r9 290 is having no problem giving me 60 frames at 1080p. Video ram usage is extremely high though, So i can see this being a problem for nvidia users.. Luckily amd cards come with 4 gig.. Its eating up 3.9 gig of video ram at ultra... There is certainly a downgrade from the E3 build.. The DOF is clearly whats lacking compared to the e3 build.. But other than that it still looks fucking good and the gameplay is good as well. So no problems here

#61 Posted by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

@faizan_faizan said:

Almost empty streets, shitty fake reflections with even shitty low resolution cubemaps that lead to poor reflection resolution, shit textures and shit character models. I'm sure I'm missing on a lot of things.

Take a look at this image, presumably it's the lowest LOD model for that character:

HAHAHAHAHAH! WTF IS THAT!?

#62 Edited by TheFadeForever (2655 posts) -

@emgesp said:

LOL at all the PC elitists that thought the PC version maxed would blow away the PS4 version. This game looks like a cleaned up last gen game. Nothing next-gen looking about this. Second Son, Ryse, Drive Club, Arkham Knight, The Order 1886 and Killzone SF is how you do next-gen.

P.S. GTA lV with mods looks way better than Watch Dogs.

lol PS4 version is 900p yea man some next gen there

And please how many games on the ps4 are going look this good at the scale the games above have achieved?

#63 Posted by IgGy621985 (5455 posts) -

It's difficult to believe the industry is still relying on "hey let's show you something you definitely won't get", when it comes to graphics quality. I seriously thought we left that behind at the beginning of the PAST-gen console generation.

#64 Posted by Kjranu (1750 posts) -

Watch Dogs looks like Max Payne 3 on medium settings. Though I'm sure it'll look as good as MP3 on ultra settings as we can see in 4k screenshots.

#65 Edited by faizan_faizan (7869 posts) -

@cfisher2833 said:

@faizan_faizan said:

HAHAHAHAHAH! WTF IS THAT!?

This is how Watch Dogs' character models look like from a distance, the distance isn't even that big.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#66 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -

Those modded gta4 shots are atrocious. Why do people like all this hdr nonsense WHILE playing the game? Hdr is tacky 99 percent of the time.

#67 Edited by m3dude1 (2272 posts) -

lol so much for the glorious pc version pc clowns kept hyping up. its basically the same as the ps4 version at a higher resolution. the difference is even smaller than black flag. infamous wins again

#68 Posted by AM-Gamer (8116 posts) -

It looks pretty much just like the PS4 at it's highest settings. Looks like the leaked reviews were right.

#69 Edited by GodspellWH (1052 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

lol so much for the glorious pc version pc clowns kept hyping up. its basically the same as the ps4 version at a higher resolution. the difference is even smaller than black flag. infamous wins again

yea man where that 1080p PS4 version cows were all hype about after hearing from Sony

#70 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@godspellwh: 1080p 60fps only on PS4!

Whoops

#71 Edited by lundy86_4 (48881 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@lundy86_4 said:

The daytime shots look like absolute balls, but from what i've seen of the nighttime gameplay (with rain) it looks pretty decent.

That reminds me, Sleeping Dogs looked most impressive when it was raining too :P

It really did. I never played the PC version, but the screens I saw looked really good.

#72 Edited by m3dude1 (2272 posts) -

@godspellwh said:

@m3dude1 said:

yea man where that 1080p PS4 version cows were all hype about after hearing from Sony

watchdogs isnt needed on ps4, they have infamous.

#73 Edited by cainetao11 (33480 posts) -

So glad I am not a graphics whore. It looks good to me, and I am not looking to play it because of what it looks like. I did that with Ryse and well Its just a mediocre game. I am hoping this game is fun to play.

#74 Posted by GodspellWH (1052 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@godspellwh said:

@m3dude1 said:

watchdogs isnt needed on ps4, they have infamous.

Yet if watchdog ends up scoring higher and more acclaim? Not like its difficult when infamous only has a metacritic of 80 and got a 8 on GS.

#75 Edited by m3dude1 (2272 posts) -

this is about graphics. watchdogs wont score higher on graphics even on pc. actually im willing to bet pc wont win a single graphics award ANYWHERE(not including the retarded artistic category) this year unless the award is limited to pcs specifically

#76 Edited by GodspellWH (1052 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

this is about graphics. watchdogs wont score higher on graphics even on pc. actually im willing to bet pc wont win a single graphics award anywhere on the net this year unless they arent including consoles.

Yea and you said watchdog isn't needed on the ps4

durp

How many places actually even gives out graphic awards

#77 Edited by m3dude1 (2272 posts) -

i fail to see your point. lol @ unlimited power pc open world titles getting the smack laid down on them by "tablet hardware" as you like to call it.

#78 Edited by TheFadeForever (2655 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

i fail to see your point. lol @ unlimited power pc open world titles getting the smack laid down on them by "tablet hardware" as you like to call it.

So what's your point on saying watchdog isn't needed on the ps4? Unless you can clarify

oh about open world titles?

#79 Edited by Kinthalis (5503 posts) -

I've got some ultra settings lightly compressed 60 FPS 1440p footage. Will upload and share in a bit.

The game looks good. It's not the 2012 reveal, but it looks good. Better than the highly compressed shots above would indicate, that's for sure.

#80 Edited by m3dude1 (2272 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

So what's your point on saying watchdog isn't needed on the ps4? Unless you can clarify

it doesnt matter that watch dogs is ugly on ps4 because they already have open world graphics king.

and lol arma

#81 Edited by hoosier7 (4166 posts) -

Well that's disappointing, they say you need an i7 for this? Must be piss poorly optimised then. Looks like a patched up last gen game.

God imagine how it was before the delay.

#82 Edited by TheFadeForever (2655 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

it doesnt matter that watch dogs is ugly on ps4 because they already have open world graphics king.

and lol arma

Open world graphic king?

And what about arma?

#83 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

Quite glad I decided to pass on this. For a PC game that Nivida touted for its Titan Black card, it looks pants. So much for "needing a Titan Black to max this". Still its much better than playing at 900p 30FPS.

#84 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

why do you guys feel the need to argue with m3dude? It's not going to go anywhere and he's not even an entertaining troll. Or do you just need something to do between slamming your head into a wall and hitting your fingers with a hammer

#85 Posted by m3dude1 (2272 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

and lol arma

Open world graphic king?

And what about arma?

infamous. lol @ arma graphics

#86 Edited by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

@lostrib said:

why do you guys feel the need to argue with m3dude? It's not going to go anywhere and he's not even an entertaining troll. Or do you just need something to do between slamming your head into a wall and hitting your fingers with a hammer

You are quite eagerly baited as well ya know.

#87 Edited by TheFadeForever (2655 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

and lol arma

Open world graphic king?

And what about arma?

infamous. lol @ arma graphics

and what about the graphics?

#88 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

You are quite eagerly baited as well ya know.

I know, but I don't see the entertainment in arguing with m3dude. And usually when I'm "baited" i just want to see how far and how ridiculous I can push the trolls

#89 Edited by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

#90 Edited by CroidX (1555 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

this is about graphics. watchdogs wont score higher on graphics even on pc. actually im willing to bet pc wont win a single graphics award ANYWHERE(not including the retarded artistic category) this year unless the award is limited to pcs specifically

How many places even give out graphic awards that are relevant?

And lol said the guy who think KZSF look less "video gamey"

#91 Edited by Kinthalis (5503 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

These shots don't look like ultra does on my PC. There's no HBAO+ for one.

#92 Edited by Spitfire-Six (1378 posts) -

@m3dude1: I hate Arma 3 but you are either blind drunk or stupid if you think infamous comes anywhere close to Arma 3.

#93 Edited by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

@clyde46 said:

These shots don't look like ultra does on my PC. There's no HBAO+ for one.

One would assume its the X360 version. I'm looking at a thread on /v/ that its pretty embarrassing.

#94 Edited by Gaming-Planet (19121 posts) -

This game just looks so blurry.

#95 Edited by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

**** this game.

#96 Edited by lamprey263 (35008 posts) -

Jesus, looks like an Xbox/PlayStation game... hahaha

#97 Edited by aroxx_ab (13236 posts) -

2nd picture is that console? look at the grass down left corner...sooooo blurry

#98 Edited by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

#99 Edited by Kinthalis (5503 posts) -

Reddit figured out how to restore the E3 2012 verison on PC?

http://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/26c3ew/deferredfxqualityconsole/

#100 Edited by Truth_Hurts_U (9703 posts) -

I just can't stop shaking my head... Makes me so pissed, because I know The Division is next for the massive downgrade.