Was the Madden 07 comparison done wrong?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts

after reading this from http://www.forums.e-mpire.com/showthread.php?t=69689 im starting to think it was. but most likely a simple mistake. i do not think GS was being bias as these posters from empire think.

this post is taken from Empire forums

"

if you remember when gamespot did there camparison of the ps3, and the other system games,they tryed to state the the other system graphics of madden was better than the ps3, because of the stadium shadows that appear when you play. I played madden last night and i noticed the the ps3 version did have showdos and infact they where deeper and sharper than the other system version. The setting that puts shadows out, is when your playing in th 4:15 mode for the time of day.

so when gs did the comparisen they purposly put the 360 version on the 4:15 time of day mode and didnt for the ps3, there for making the shadows appear on the the 360 and not the ps3 version. I emailed them last night, telling them how bias they are and everything,and look what they did.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/p-3.html

they snuck in an update, like it was nothing. like people are actually reading this now. hahahahahahahaahahhahah then they state that you cant see the reebock symble on the ps3, when clearly when you look at the pic, you can see it right there.

i really belive ms has gamespot, on the money roll. i mean comparing rushed launch games to 2nd gen games, u have got to be kiding me, no wonder they gave full auto2 for a waaaay lower score than the gave the full auto for 360. we need to spread this.

also for the comparison, they refused to use hdmi cables for the games for ps3, and cod and fight night are plaing in 480p, they thought that the ps3 would upscale the game for thouse game but it didnt concidering thegames where created before the update to the sdk units devs have."
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts
                 Madden is sad when compared to 2K so if you bought it for any system; you paid too much !!! I'd rather go without a new football game than buy that trash !!!
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

after reading this from http://www.forums.e-mpire.com/showthread.php?t=69689 im starting to think it was. but most likely a simple mistake. i do not think GS was being bias as these posters from empire think.

this post is taken from Empire forums

"

if you remember when gamespot did there camparison of the ps3, and the other system games,they tryed to state the the other system graphics of madden was better than the ps3, because of the stadium shadows that appear when you play. I played madden last night and i noticed the the ps3 version did have showdos and infact they where deeper and sharper than the other system version. The setting that puts shadows out, is when your playing in th 4:15 mode for the time of day.

so when gs did the comparisen they purposly put the 360 version on the 4:15 time of day mode and didnt for the ps3, there for making the shadows appear on the the 360 and not the ps3 version. I emailed them last night, telling them how bias they are and everything,and look what they did.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/p-3.html

they snuck in an update, like it was nothing. like people are actually reading this now. hahahahahahahaahahhahah then they state that you cant see the reebock symble on the ps3, when clearly when you look at the pic, you can see it right there.

i really belive ms has gamespot, on the money roll. i mean comparing rushed launch games to 2nd gen games, u have got to be kiding me, no wonder they gave full auto2 for a waaaay lower score than the gave the full auto for 360. we need to spread this.

also for the comparison, they refused to use hdmi cables for the games for ps3, and cod and fight night are plaing in 480p, they thought that the ps3 would upscale the game for thouse game but it didnt concidering thegames where created before the update to the sdk units devs have." alfy13

yeah a few of us were discussing this last night, but no one cared to talk about it for more then 7 posts

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
2k Football > Madden but who cares if GS is like this. They get paid to review games and give them scores which is there opinion. If they were getting paid by M$ to purposely down play the PS3 then oh well. Then again, it is MADDEN.