Warhawk versus Battalion wars 2 (56k)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cronus233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cronus233
Member since 2005 • 493 Posts

Warhawk is a multiplayer only game and is a great deal of fun.While battalion wars 2 has a single player and a mulitplayer.

BWII will have online while Warhawk is only online.Warhawk's gameplayer is sort of based more on skill, while BWII has a rock paper scissors format (i.e. anti air always beats airborne helicopters and tanks always beats infantry).

I will be buying both.I didn't purchase the first battalion wars manily due to the abscence of multiplayer but, I loved advance wars DS.Warhawk is a fantastic multiplayer only game it does take a while to get used to the controls.I don't use the motion sensing in the sixaxsis because it is very difficult to mange shooting and keepin the warhawk steady.

I do have some complaints like yesterday I blew up a warhawk with a sniper rifle! Also in small deathmatches you respawn right next to your enemy.So you can imagine what that can be like.Other than those small complaints this is a great game and I highly recommend cheking it out:)

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
I'm interested in BW2. I'd like to see how well it controls with the wiimote because it looks like a lot of fun.
cronus233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cronus233

I'm interested in BW2. I'd like to see how well it controls with the wiimote because it looks like a lot of fun.Ontain

Yeah, especially the pointing.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

Both look great, but I'm gonna go for BWii more. Why? First off, the devs made an attempt for an SP mode, and didn't go "oh we thought it had great potential, but we just decided to not try anything so we are gonna make it MP only and sell it to the console user base that way. " In other words, a dumb mistake cause Consoles aren't exactly the kind of systems that handle these games. They're meant more for PC.

Second, Online multiplayer, co-op, and split-screen is here. All the things I wanted in the last BW game, and ... I'm a "Wars" fan... :oops: (can't you tell by my ava? )

88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 88Ghost89
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts

I'm more interested in BWii. I haven't played or looked into it Warhawk much, but from what I have seen it reminds me of battalion wars.

I just hope Nintendo makes a head set...I mean...if all else fails, me and my buddies will just talk on the phone, but this game screams the need for a mic. A wireless one that goes into the USB.

Yeah I don't get the no single player...am I the only one who loves single player more than multiplayer...I mean...all I want to do is finish the fight in Halo 3, the multiplayer...maybe i'll get into it after...

cronus233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cronus233

Both look great, but I'm gonna go for BWii more. Why? First off, the devs made an attempt for an SP mode, and didn't go "oh we thought it had great potential, but we just decided to not try anything so we are gonna make it MP only and sell it to the console user base that way. " In other words, a dumb mistake cause Consoles aren't exactly the kind of systems that handle these games. They're meant more for PC.

Second, Online multiplayer, co-op, and split-screen is here. All the things I wanted in the last BW game, and ... I'm a "Wars" fan... :oops: (can't you tell by my ava? )

yoshi_64

Yeah i think it was a great idea to get rid of the SP beacuse it lookes really redundant and boring.My favorite part is when a missile is on your tail you can fly to the volumetric clouds and throw the missles off.Or better yet go into hover mode and hide in the clouds.I use this technique when I have to go potty.:P

D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 D00nut
Member since 2003 • 7618 Posts

Hmm...BWii seems more like my kind of thing. Warhawk looks like it will get annoying after awhile.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Good grief, Nintendo can't even make a war game without the cutesy toons.

Do they shoot bullets or puppies at each other?

I dunno if I wanna kill em or hug em.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yoshi_64

Bread_or_Decide
I take it you never played an AW game... Anyways it doesn't need the blood and violence to make it great anyways.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
while warhawklooks dreadful it looks better than that other game but it doesnt mean its a better game.
e20Dylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 e20Dylan
Member since 2007 • 1055 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

cronus233

Yeah i think it was a great idea to get rid of the SP beacuse it lookes really redundant and boring.My favorite part is when a missile is on your tail you can fly to the volumetric clouds and throw the missles off.Or better yet go into hover mode and hide in the clouds.I use this technique when I have to go potty.:P

replay value is in multiplayer to me not singleplayer. and games are ALL about replay value

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts

Bread_or_Decide

Advance Wars spinoff son. One of the best strategy games ever made. And the visuals dont detract from the quality of the game

hell it'll probably outscore warhawk

Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts

I'm interested in BW2. I'd like to see how well it controls with the wiimote because it looks like a lot of fun.Ontain

From what I understand, it utilizes a lock on. That would piss me off, except that the lock on serves as a way to tell your comrades where to shoot, while you can shoot anything on the screen.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

Bread_or_Decide
and you can't make a good comment about nintendo can you? :|
anyway, i think BWii will be better, due to the fact that it has single player campaign.
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
Is Battalion Wars made by the same folk who make Advance Wars? They look awfully similar.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

cronus233

Damn it. Now I want a Star Wars Rouge Sqradron on Wii....:cry:

Star Wars: Rouge Leader + Online = Both BW2 and Warhawk owned....

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#17 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
my god bwii looks ugly... I'll still buy it because of the gameplay.
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GunSmith1_basic

... I'm a "Wars" fan... :oops: (can't you tell by my ava? )

yoshi_64
that's what's her face from advance wars, if i see that correctly. Can you guess mine- hint- it's a fish
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

Is Battalion Wars made by the same folk who make Advance Wars? They look awfully similar.Ninja-Vox

I'm pretty sure it is.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tocool340
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

GunSmith1_basic

that's what's her face from advance wars, if i see that correctly. Can you guess mine- hint- it's a fish

It that ummmmm......... a boss from Majoras Mask? Gyorg I think is it's name....

bryehngeocef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#21 bryehngeocef
Member since 2003 • 2281 Posts

Is Battalion Wars made by the same folk who make Advance Wars? They look awfully similar.Ninja-Vox

Absolutely not. BWii is made by Kuju, not Intelligent Systems. If you're an Advance Wars fan, do yourself a favour and stay away from BWii. I learned the hard way with the first one. Same can be said if you're a fan of tactical shoters or RTS games. I really don't see why the first one was rated well or why people latched on to BWii so much, but I honestly thing it's terrible. Especially if you compare it to the Advance Wars games, or any decent 3rd person shooter.

cronus233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cronus233
Warhawk is just a blast to play.There is a small learning curve but it can get additive.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tocool340

[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]Is Battalion Wars made by the same folk who make Advance Wars? They look awfully similar.bryehngeocef

Absolutely not. BWii is made by Kuju, not Intelligent Systems. If you're an Advance Wars fan, do yourself a favour and stay away from BWii. I learned the hard way with the first one. Same can be said if you're a fan of tactical shoters or RTS games. I really don't see why the first one was rated well or why people latched on to BWii so much, but I honestly thing it's terrible. Especially if you compare it to the Advance Wars games, or any decent 3rd person shooter.

I found the first one pretty fun. Only thing bad about the first one was the difficulty in some places and lack of Multiplayer for a game perfect for it...

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 yoshi_64
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

GunSmith1_basic

It's Nell. The lovely, smart, and ever so deadly CO of AW. :P

I take it you'rs is an LoZ game boss? Sort of reminds me of that one guy in MM... >.>

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

[QUOTE="Ontain"]I'm interested in BW2. I'd like to see how well it controls with the wiimote because it looks like a lot of fun.Michael85

From what I understand, it utilizes a lock on. That would piss me off, except that the lock on serves as a way to tell your comrades where to shoot, while you can shoot anything on the screen.

oh if that's the case them i'm even more interested.

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GunSmith1_basic
[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

yoshi_64

I take it you'rs is an LoZ game boss? Sort of reminds me of that one guy in MM... >.>

correct! it's gyorg, the boss of the water temple. It's by far the hardest boss in the game, the feirce diety mask is useless against it, and it's the third of five bosses in the game. Go figure.
MattBrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MattBrian
Member since 2004 • 625 Posts

Hmm...BWii seems more like my kind of thing. Warhawk looks like it will get annoying after awhile.

D00nut

trust me it doesn't...and thats the honest truth

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 yoshi_64

[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]Is Battalion Wars made by the same folk who make Advance Wars? They look awfully similar.bryehngeocef

Each his own? I found the game fun, and though quite different from the AW universe, I think it did well to sell itself based on the interesting mechanics of an RTS blend with 3rd person action-adventure style shooting. Sure it wasn't perfect, but I could forsee the Wii's controller making it more intuitive. For instances, I hope it's possible to play the whole game like an RTS style, where you can just stay zoomed out, and manage troops via the Wii pointer being like a mouse. That should make managing your units, and everything a breeze.

Second, the controls would probably good for the 3rd person action controls too. Giving one precise aiming controls for their unit, and then also intiating orders. I didn't have many problems on the gameplay itself, though I could see it improving to accomodate the Wii's interface, but honestly the only thing I think really that killed it was lack of multiplayer. IMO

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tylendal
[QUOTE="Michael85"]

[QUOTE="Ontain"]I'm interested in BW2. I'd like to see how well it controls with the wiimote because it looks like a lot of fun.Ontain

oh if that's the case them i'm even more interested.

Keep in mind that this is far from a run and gun shooter. If you try to fight on your own, you will fail... miserably. You have to use strategy, and lots of it, while keeping your allies close.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tocool340
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

GunSmith1_basic

correct! it's gyorg, the boss of the water temple. It's by far the hardest boss in the game, the feirce diety mask is useless against it, and it's the third of five bosses in the game. Go figure.

Funny, but fierce Deity can kill it in my game by launching Energy Disc at it repeatly. Fierce Deity owns every single thing in that game, and makes Majoras Mask look like a pansy in the game. Without the Fierce Deity Mask, Majoras Mask was definitely a handful though...

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tylendal
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

GunSmith1_basic

In my opinion, Odolwa was the hardest.

Goht was fun, Gyorg followed a predictable pattern, some chateau romani allowed you to fight Twinmold with ease, and Majora was a pushover if you had the Fierce Diety's mask.

bryehngeocef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#32 bryehngeocef
Member since 2003 • 2281 Posts
[QUOTE="bryehngeocef"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]Is Battalion Wars made by the same folk who make Advance Wars? They look awfully similar.yoshi_64

Each his own? I found the game fun, and though quite different from the AW universe, I think it did well to sell itself based on the interesting mechanics of an RTS blend with 3rd person action-adventure style shooting. Sure it wasn't perfect, but I could forsee the Wii's controller making it more intuitive. For instances, I hope it's possible to play the whole game like an RTS style, where you can just stay zoomed out, and manage troops via the Wii pointer being like a mouse. That should make managing your units, and everything a breeze.

Second, the controls would probably good for the 3rd person action controls too. Giving one precise aiming controls for their unit, and then also intiating orders. I didn't have many problems on the gameplay itself, though I could see it improving to accomodate the Wii's interface, but honestly the only thing I think really that killed it was lack of multiplayer. IMO

It'd like it alot more if it was presented strictly as an RTS. I think the thing that turned me off of the first one the most was the clunky, imprecise control scheme. If mapped to the Wii Remote properly, it could be great, but I'm still skeptical at best.

gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gamer0100
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts
i thinks its fuuny how warhawk left this forum all of a sudden. BWii ftw!!!!
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 yoshi_64
It'd like it alot more if it was presented strictly as an RTS. I think the thing that turned me off of the first one the most was the clunky, imprecise control scheme. If mapped to the Wii Remote properly, it could be great, but I'm still skeptical at best.bryehngeocef
I admit the controls had a learning curve, but I think the Wii Remote can more than precisely mimic something like PC RTS controls if not better almost. Depends though, I just hope the devs can do it. But I really think it will be better than the GC game. I guess we'll see though.
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ragrdoll21
Member since 2006 • 6048 Posts

Bread_or_Decide
I realy hate Wii games,BW2 is just another crap looking Wii game.
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts

while warhawklooks dreadful it looks better than that other game but it doesnt mean its a better game.daveg1

Please explain how Warhawk looks "dreadful". Because you should know by now screenshots are not an accurate representation of games and the fact of the matter is Warhawk looks pretty impressive in the videos.

cronus233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cronus233
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

ragrdoll21

Graphics whise or gameplay wise? Please elaborate.

cronus233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cronus233

[QUOTE="daveg1"]while warhawklooks dreadful it looks better than that other game but it doesnt mean its a better game.Runningflame570

Please explain how Warhawk looks "dreadful". Because you should know by now screenshots are not an accurate representation of games and the fact of the matter is Warhawk looks pretty impressive in the videos.

[QUOTE="daveg1"]while warhawklooks dreadful it looks better than that other game but it doesnt mean its a better game.Runningflame570

I managed to get into the warhawk beta and the game looks amazing in hi-def.The lighting is incredible.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Tylendal
[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

cronus233

Yes, please do. I can't shatter your arguments unless you actually present some "facts" for lack of a better word. :wink:

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ragrdoll21
[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

cronus233

Everything you name it. I lived through the power glove, power pad, virtual boy ectect the Wiimote is just another add on @ a high price. I can't stand it.... except for Wiibowling that was fun.
cronus233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cronus233
[QUOTE="cronus233"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

ragrdoll21

Everything you name it. I lived through the power glove, power pad, virtual boy ectect the Wiimote is just another add on @ a high price. I can't stand it.... except for Wiibowling that was fun.

When I play my ps3 for hours on end and go to my Wii and play.Picking up the Wiimote feels fresh and new after holding the sixaxsis and playing it for 6 hours.You just don't get that with the ps3 controller.

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ragrdoll21
[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="cronus233"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

cronus233

When I play my ps3 for hours on end and go to my Wii and play.Picking up the Wiimote feels fresh and new after holding the sixaxsis and playing it for 6 hours.You just don't get that with the ps3 controller.

I just don't get the Wiimote.Sorry but for 250$ I need more than a GameCube "elite". To each his own, it's just not my thing,I've grown away from Nitty the last few gens. Snes gave me some of my favorite games of all times!
samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts

If both were released at the same time, i would probably want to play warhawk more.

Blessing77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Blessing77
Member since 2005 • 753 Posts

I think that i will enjoy bwii more, warhawk looks incredible but i think bwii will last longer because of its online multiplayer and its singleplayer also i like how in bwii you have like a squad, they both look better in action then in the screenshots.

Rhys555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 Rhys555
Member since 2005 • 2156 Posts

Warhawk is a multiplayer only game and is a great deal of fun.While battalion wars 2 has a single player and a mulitplayer.

BWII will have online while Warhawk is only online.Warhawk's gameplayer is sort of based more on skill, while BWII has a rock paper scissors format (i.e. anti air always beats airborne helicopters and tanks always beats infantry).

I will be buying both.I didn't purchase the first battalion wars manily due to the abscence of multiplayer but, I loved advance wars DS.Warhawk is a fantastic multiplayer only game it does take a while to get used to the controls.I don't use the motion sensing in the sixaxsis because it is very difficult to mange shooting and keepin the warhawk steady.

I do have some complaints like yesterday I blew up a warhawk with a sniper rifle! Also in small deathmatches you respawn right next to your enemy.So you can imagine what that can be like.Other than those small complaints this is a great game and I highly recommend cheking it out:)

cronus233

Warhawk absolutley smokes it. /thread

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#46 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
Warhawk isn't Gears beautiful but its not far from it, those that think it looks like crap need glasses.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#47 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Can't Wait for BWii