Warhammer: Vermintide 2 on PC has outsold Vermintide 1 revenue on all platforms combined

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

In terms of revenue Vermintide 2 on PC has made more than Vermintide 1's lifetime sales on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. As of December 2017 Vermintide 1 had sold 2 million so its impressive that in less then a month the sequel has generated more money. 1.4 million of the 2 million copies of Vermintide 1 were the PC version as well. Oh snap they could've made these games PC exclusives and face little to no loss in profit. The game is said to be getting mod support by late April so I imagine once the mods hit this game it will sell even more.

I'm glad this game is taking off very well for Fatshark, I hope to see more quality titles from them, perhaps a more polished spiritual successor to War Of The Roses could be possible now or a completely new IP.

link to article

Co-op action title Vermintide 2 has already made more revenue than its predecessor less than two weeks after launch.

That's according to the CEO of developer and publisher Fatshark, Martin Wahlund, who says that the PC-only release has already smashed the lifetime revenue made by the original game across PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

"Right now, we have outsold, in terms of revenue, the lifetime revenue of the original Vermintide, and on PC only," he told PCGamesInsider.biz

"So it's been pretty good so far. You never know what you're going to get when you launch a game. We had high hopes, we enjoyed playing it internally. We knew we had a good game. We didn't have a huge marketing budget, but we got a lot of support, both from the media, from streamers and from gamers all over the world. It's been fantastic for us. We're a relatively small independent company so it's tough to get through. We knew we had a good game with the first one, and we had a good following, but you never know with a sequel."

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#2 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

they deserve the success, its a quality game and no microtransactions in sight.

I guess a lot of V1's copies must have been sold during deep-discount steam sales? If I recall, that game was $25 whereas V2 is 30, which wouldn't account for that much revenue gained over less copies sold.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

I don't see how making it a PC exclusive would benefit them. Aside from their inability to do an all platform launch, I was impressed of their ability to make the game look as good as it does on consoles. And only reason I bothered was the game was offered free on Games w/ Gold, but it definitely got me hooked, will be perfectly willing to pay for this at launch when it arrives on consoles.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34666 Posts

Well deserved indeed, it's really fun.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

@lamprey263: I'm just saying that based off how well the game has sold on PC they could have easily afford to kept it exclusive if they wanted to. I see no reason for this game to be locked into exclusivity since its not like its doing anything that can't be down on consoles without being dumbed down nor is the PC version being compromised in favor of consoles. I hope more games follow this type development.

@with_teeth26:It was also in a Humble Bundle monthly bundle. I wonder how many people bought the Collector's Edition which is $45 for Vermintide 1 and 2. Vermintide 1 was a $30 title and still is so I'm assuming a lot of people bought Vermintide 1 while it was on sale. It was also given out for free on XBL GwG in December so I'm guessing they didn't get much money from copies downloaded their either

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Deserved.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Looks like a lot of PC gamers have good taste. Looking forward to playing this X-enhanced, just tell me when.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

But I thought PC had piracy and is not a profitable platform to release games on?