Walking Dead in its entirety available for $10 today ONLY on Xbl....

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TheEroica (17279 posts) -

What a fantastic day! one of the most critically acclaimed games in 2012 is available on the mighty xbox 360 today in full, for a measley 200msp per chapter... and the first chapter is still free! thats a grand total of $10 for a GOTY candidate and in some publications, the winner... this deal is not to rent, not to borrow and not to simply try.... but to OWN! godspeed system wars and good luck!

#2 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -
I have this on PC. IF YOU HAVENT GOT THIS SERIES YET. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE?!
#3 Posted by TheEroica (17279 posts) -
I have this on PC. IF YOU HAVENT GOT THIS SERIES YET. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE?!clyde46
If you didnt have it yet, like me you were probably backlogged and oh yeah those pesty kids of mine needed raising, thus cutting my gaming time down quite a bit... :P Either way, what a great day for those sniffing around this game! Thanks xbl!
#4 Posted by Spellingiscool (1450 posts) -
My personal game of the year. Really surprised me.
#5 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -
[QUOTE="clyde46"]I have this on PC. IF YOU HAVENT GOT THIS SERIES YET. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE?!TheEroica
If you didnt have it yet, like me you were probably backlogged and oh yeah those pesty kids of mine needed raising, thus cutting my gaming time down quite a bit... :P Either way, what a great day for those sniffing around this game! Thanks xbl!

Also, for once. XBL beats Steam in a sale :P
#6 Posted by TheEroica (17279 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="clyde46"]I have this on PC. IF YOU HAVENT GOT THIS SERIES YET. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE?!clyde46

Really?!?! Steam suffers its first loss... consoles own pc!!!! :P
#7 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] If you didnt have it yet, like me you were probably backlogged and oh yeah those pesty kids of mine needed raising, thus cutting my gaming time down quite a bit... :P Either way, what a great day for those sniffing around this game! Thanks xbl!

It was £10 something on Steam when I bought it, I'm sure it works out even cheaper on XBL. I'm only on EP1. I'm FRAPS'ing my play through so I can upload it to youtube for my friend to watch.
#8 Posted by TheEroica (17279 posts) -
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Also, for once. XBL beats Steam in a sale :P

It was £10 something on Steam when I bought it, I'm sure it works out even cheaper on XBL. I'm only on EP1. I'm FRAPS'ing my play through so I can upload it to youtube for my friend to watch.

You should call them and tell them its ten bucks! Play it for themselves! They just want to hear the story?
#9 Posted by TheEroica (17279 posts) -
My personal game of the year. Really surprised me. Spellingiscool
I started playing chapter one last week and was shocked at how much i like it... cant wait to play it through.
#10 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] Really?!?! Steam suffers its first loss... consoles own pc!!!! :P

You should call them and tell them its ten bucks! Play it for themselves! They just want to hear the story?

He's finished it, he wants to see my playthrough. Travel logistics make that really hard to achieve :P So I FRAPS my game time, encode it and then upload it. My last play was an hour and 12 minutes. 211Gb file size encoded down to 6.19Gb which is going to take about 12 hours to upload as my upload speed sucks.
#11 Posted by fr3ddiemercury (494 posts) -
Please can someone answer this: I am about to buy this game. I just finished walking dead tv show season 1, and now starting season 2. DOes the game follow the tv show story and spoil it? Need to know before playing the game.
#12 Posted by vashkey (33782 posts) -
I didn't buy it till now specifically cuz I suspected that a deal like this would come to xbox live at some point. Boy did my patience pay off on this and Fez.
#13 Posted by vashkey (33782 posts) -
[QUOTE="fr3ddiemercury"]Please can someone answer this: I am about to buy this game. I just finished walking dead tv show season 1, and now starting season 2. DOes the game follow the tv show story and spoil it? Need to know before playing the game.

No.
#14 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -
[QUOTE="fr3ddiemercury"]Please can someone answer this: I am about to buy this game. I just finished walking dead tv show season 1, and now starting season 2. DOes the game follow the tv show story and spoil it? Need to know before playing the game.

I'm what I've played, it doesnt really follow the TV series (I've not watched the TV series).
#15 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25164 posts) -
I have this on PC. IF YOU HAVENT GOT THIS SERIES YET. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE?!clyde46
Playing real games.
#16 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -
I don't get the love for an interactive DVD menu. In the end, you're paying $10 that could have been put into great games like Rayman Origins.
#17 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9788 posts) -
I purchased the episodes on PS3 and loved it there. Now I've purchased them on 360. I even have the iOS version of the first episode. It's easily one of my favorite games this gen and I can't wait for season two.
#18 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

Please can someone answer this: I am about to buy this game. I just finished walking dead tv show season 1, and now starting season 2. DOes the game follow the tv show story and spoil it? Need to know before playing the game.fr3ddiemercury

No, it's nothing like that garbage TV show, it wont ruin that awful thing you're wasting your life doing.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
#19 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (30827 posts) -

No. A couple of characters from the series are involved here and there (no spoilers!) but it doesn't follow the series at all. Its also heads and shoulders better than the series, by a country mile.
#20 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
This belongs in the Xbox forums, not here. This isn't SW related at all.
#22 Posted by Heil68 (57844 posts) -
Just got it for $12.50 on Steam yesterday, oh well. :P
#23 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9788 posts) -
This belongs in the Xbox forums, not here. This isn't SW related at all.AmazonTreeBoa
But there are threads about Steam and PSN sales. D:
#24 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29665 posts) -

This belongs in the Xbox forums, not here. This isn't SW related at all.AmazonTreeBoa

Xbox Live has The Walking Dead for $10.

That's a better deal than Steam's $12.47 Daily Deal that's going on right now.

and I just bought it for $12.47 too.

Oh well, I guess my Xbox will be turned on later today to play Halo.

#25 Posted by OhSnapitz (19273 posts) -
This is what I was waiting for.. :D
#26 Posted by razgriz_101 (16875 posts) -

I don't get the love for an interactive DVD menu. In the end, you're paying $10 that could have been put into great games like Rayman Origins.DrTrafalgarLaw

guess you never grew up in an era of grim fandango and the good ol lucasarts days.

Best laugh is narratively this game whoops both games in your sig, might buy it i tried the trial but it all comes down to having money for hogmanay since im supposed to be going out to the pub for a few jars and seeing the bells in.

#27 Posted by spiderluck (2405 posts) -

What a fantastic day! one of the most critically acclaimed games in 2012 is available on the mighty xbox 360 today in full, for a measley 200msp per chapter... and the first chapter is still free! thats a grand total of $10 for a GOTY candidate and in some publications, the winner... this deal is not to rent, not to borrow and not to simply try.... but to OWN! godspeed system wars and good luck!

TheEroica
Thanks for the heads up man
#28 Posted by OhSnapitz (19273 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]I don't get the love for an interactive DVD menu. In the end, you're paying $10 that could have been put into great games like Rayman Origins.razgriz_101

guess you never grew up in an era of grim fandango and the good ol lucasarts days.

Best laugh is narratively this game whoops both games in your sig, might buy it i tried the trial but it all comes down to having money for hogmanay since im supposed to be going out to the pub for a few jars and seeing the bells in.

Day of the tentacle was a hoot.. :P
#29 Posted by TheEroica (17279 posts) -
Someones butthurt that psn isnt as awesome as xbl.... that part in the op saying "not rent" clearly draws the sw line...
#30 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29665 posts) -

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]This belongs in the Xbox forums, not here. This isn't SW related at all.TheEroica
Someones butthurt that psn isnt as awesome as xbl.... that part in the op saying "not rent" clearly draws the sw line...

Bro, you're "renting" for Xbox Live too. You wouldn't even get that nice Walking Dead deal if it wasn't for Gold.

#31 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]I don't get the love for an interactive DVD menu. In the end, you're paying $10 that could have been put into great games like Rayman Origins.razgriz_101

I thought games were supposed to be all about the gameplay and story secondary. Really, a story about zombies beating Journey in story...?
#32 Posted by Heil68 (57844 posts) -
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]This belongs in the Xbox forums, not here. This isn't SW related at all.TheEroica

lolz... I saw yesterday that the season pass for BL2 was on sale for 25% off too, I thought about getting that if we're really going to dive into the game. It was in the Daily sale countdown section, so it might be off sale now.
#33 Posted by OhSnapitz (19273 posts) -
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]This belongs in the Xbox forums, not here. This isn't SW related at all.Xaero_Gravity
But there are threads about Steam and PSN sales. D:

Exactly! So ATB STFU and GTFO.. ;)
#34 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29665 posts) -

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]I don't get the love for an interactive DVD menu. In the end, you're paying $10 that could have been put into great games like Rayman Origins.DrTrafalgarLaw

I thought games were supposed to be all about the gameplay and story secondary. Really, a story about zombies beating Journey in story...?

Gameplay =/= Guns Flaring, Helicopters Crashing, Dudes with Frohawks, Big Giant Machines, and Exploding Dragons.

#35 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

LegatoSkyheart

Gameplay =/= Guns Flaring, Helicopters Crashing, Dudes with Frohawks, Big Giant Machines, and Exploding Dragons.

I agree ith you on that but...zombies man...really...? Did they really need a zombie excuse to portray the evil of man?
#36 Posted by TheEroica (17279 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

spiderluck
Thanks for the heads up man

No problem brother.... been waiting for this deal all week...
#37 Posted by locopatho (23133 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

LegatoSkyheart

Yeah it is!
#38 Posted by Heil68 (57844 posts) -
[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] I thought games were supposed to be all about the gameplay and story secondary. Really, a story about zombies beating Journey in story...?locopatho

Yeah it is!

I know, I want to play JC2 now!
#39 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29665 posts) -

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] I thought games were supposed to be all about the gameplay and story secondary. Really, a story about zombies beating Journey in story...?DrTrafalgarLaw

I agree ith you on that but...zombies man...really...? Did they really need a zombie excuse to portray the evil of man?

I'm pretty sure The Walking Dead is a game that really has nothing to do with the Zombies.

The Zombies are a factor, but they're not the entire focus. Just like DayZ. The Real threat is the other Players. (No I'm not saying The Walking Dead is like DayZ, far from it, I'm pointing out that just because there are Zombies doesn't mean that is the entire focus.)

#40 Posted by TheEroica (17279 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]This belongs in the Xbox forums, not here. This isn't SW related at all.LegatoSkyheart

Bro, you're "renting" for Xbox Live too. You wouldn't even get that nice Walking Dead deal if it wasn't for Gold.

If i cancelled gold id still own my downloaded games...
#41 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

LegatoSkyheart

I'm pretty sure The Walking Dead is a game that really has nothing to do with the Zombies.

The Zombies are a factor, but they're not the entire focus. Just like DayZ. The Real threat is the other Players.

Yeah but they need the zombie excuse to tell the "oh god dougie is bitten! kill him/help him!" or "im gonna shoot you if you dont give me these goods to survive" cliche'd premises. As if they cant tell ith ithout any kind of apocalypse happening. Do something original, something like Russian prisoners escaping from a tuberculosis-ridden prison. "Oh no! Vlad has a very bad cough...lets dump him" ould be the e uivalent ithout resorting to zombie tropes.
#42 Posted by toast_burner (24728 posts) -

Please can someone answer this: I am about to buy this game. I just finished walking dead tv show season 1, and now starting season 2. DOes the game follow the tv show story and spoil it? Need to know before playing the game.fr3ddiemercury
It follows it's own story set in the Walking dead comic's universe. It has nothing to do with the show.

#43 Posted by Bruce_Benzing (1731 posts) -

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] I agree ith you on that but...zombies man...really...? Did they really need a zombie excuse to portray the evil of man?DrTrafalgarLaw

The Zombies are a factor, but they're not the entire focus. Just like DayZ. The Real threat is the other Players.

Yeah but they need the zombie excuse to tell the "oh god dougie is bitten! kill him/help him!" or "im gonna shoot you if you dont give me these goods to survive" cliche'd premises. As if they cant tell ith ithout any kind of apocalypse happening. Do something original, something like Russian prisoners escaping from a tuberculosis-ridden prison. "Oh no! Vlad has a very bad cough...lets dump him" ould be the e uivalent ithout resorting to zombie tropes.

Look someones butthurt over it.....

#44 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

Bruce_Benzing

Im sick of zombies...really...
#45 Posted by Bruce_Benzing (1731 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bruce_Benzing"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Yeah but they need the zombie excuse to tell the "oh god dougie is bitten! kill him/help him!" or "im gonna shoot you if you dont give me these goods to survive" cliche'd premises. As if they cant tell ith ithout any kind of apocalypse happening. Do something original, something like Russian prisoners escaping from a tuberculosis-ridden prison. "Oh no! Vlad has a very bad cough...lets dump him" ould be the e uivalent ithout resorting to zombie tropes.DrTrafalgarLaw

8 Resident Evil games would do that to a person....

#46 Posted by LustForSoul (6404 posts) -
I played through the first chapter and want to see how it ends so I got 'em all!
#47 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -

There's actually a spoiler for the end of Season 2 at the beginning of episode 2. [spoiler] Everybody is infected with the Walker Virus. [/spoiler]
#48 Posted by freedomfreak (49881 posts) -
My 360's Christmas sales tab hasn't updated since the sale started. Go xbox..
#49 Posted by TheEroica (17279 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]My 360's Christmas sales tab hasn't updated since the sale started. Go xbox..

Im kicking myself that I missed the mark of the ninja deal, but this makes up for it in spades! Indeed go xbox.
#50 Posted by TheEroica (17279 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bruce_Benzing"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Yeah but they need the zombie excuse to tell the "oh god dougie is bitten! kill him/help him!" or "im gonna shoot you if you dont give me these goods to survive" cliche'd premises. As if they cant tell ith ithout any kind of apocalypse happening. Do something original, something like Russian prisoners escaping from a tuberculosis-ridden prison. "Oh no! Vlad has a very bad cough...lets dump him" ould be the e uivalent ithout resorting to zombie tropes.DrTrafalgarLaw

Bah, the zombies are just a vehicle to create drama... that show is about character journey to me.