Wait...WTF????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

So I've been extremely misled.

This entire time I've been mislead to think that PS4 requires PS+ to use services like Netflix, facebook, Hulu and the other online digital services and also the recording and sharing gameplay. I didn't know this services are free and don't require XBL. So, wtf are you lemmings going on about then?

60$ a year to maintain multiplayer services and get back free games in return isn't the same as 60$ a year forced in order to use services you're already paying for to begin with. That's such bullshit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

When did ANYONE say anything about PS+ being necessary for media services? It's not the lemmings fault that you lack basic reading comprehension.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

XBL is still a better service, and every single online game had dedicated servers. If I want free hulu and netflix I have whats called a PC or computer. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By John_Matherson

@charizard1605 said:

When did ANYONE say anything about PS+ being necessary for media services? It's not the lemmings fault that you lack basic reading comprehension.

It's a general misconception of System Wars. Lemmings acted like we were completely in the same boat as them. And I don't lack reading comprehension...Guess I should have looked things up myself instead of taking the words of system wars as news.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 John_Matherson

@shawn30 said:

XBL is still a better service, and every single online game had dedicated servers. If I want free hulu and netflix I have whats called a PC or computer. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Better service=debatable and yeah no I don't want to sit on my computer and watch netflix. I want to get out of a game, catch and episode and return to gaming.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

You just now realized this?

Good for you.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By John_Matherson

@Basinboy said:

You just now realized this?

Good for you.

I did. I think I got confused by all the TCHBO threads when Lemmings first discovered that PSN is required for Multiplayer. Bit of a miscommunication there.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

lems are idiots, i did not like having to pay for psn, when steam is better than bot psn and xbl and is free but lems using this as some kind of point to their favor is just plain stupid when they have been milked for 8 years already. At least psn gives me good free games monthly.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheEroica
Member since 2009 • 22670 Posts

Youre paying for it, lems are paying for it.... Only people who should be making a thread on this is hermits and sheep.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

XBL pay wall... yeah no thanks MS

1. Online Multiplayer
  2. Party Chat
  3. Video Chat
  4. Matchmaking
  5. SkyDrive/ Unlimited Cloud Storage
  6. Skype
  7. SmartMatch (improved version of matchmaking)
  8. Game DVR
  9. One Guide
  10. Games With Gold – valid until Xbox One releases.
  11. Amazon.com Instant Video
  12. AOL On
  13. AT&T Uverse
  14. Avatar Kinect
  15. BLIP.TV
  16. C|Net
  17. CinemaNOW
  18. Comedy Central: Stand-Up
  19. Crackle
  20. Crunchyroll
  21. Dailymotion
  22. Disney
  23. EPIX
  24. ESPN
  25. Facebook
  26. Flixter
  27. Fox Broadcast
  28. Gametrailers
  29. Gamespot TV
  30. HBO GO
  31. Hulu Plus
  32. IGN
  33. iHeartRadio
  34. Internet Explorer
  35. Karaoke
  36. Last.fm
  37. Machinima
  38. Manga Entertainment
  39. MAXIM
  40. MLB.tv
  41. MSN with MSNBC
  42. MTV
  43. Mustang Customizer
  44. Muzu.TV
  45. NBA Game Time
  46. NBC News
  47. Neon Alley
  48. NETFLIX
  49. NFL
  50. NHL Game Center
  51. Nick
  52. OneBeat
  53. Paramount Movies
  54. Pizza Hut
  55. PopcornFlix
  56. Redbox Instant by Verizon
  57. Revision3
  58. Rhapsody
  59. SkyGO
  60. Slacker Radio
  61. SnagFilms
  62. Sony Pictures
  63. Sports Picks
  64. SyFy
  65. Telemundo
  66. TMZ
  67. Toys “R” Us
  68. Twitch.TV
  69. Twitter
  70. UFC On Xbox Live
  71. Uvideos
  72. Verizon FIOS TV
  73. Vevo
  74. Vimeo
  75. Vudu
  76. WSJ Live
  77. WWE
  78. Xbox Music – also requires Xbox Music Pass, which is $100 year
  79. Xbox Tournaments
  80. Xfinity
  81. Youtube
John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By John_Matherson

@Krelian-co said:

lems are idiots, i did not like having to pay for psn, when steam is better than bot psn and xbl and is free but lems using this as some kind of point to their favor is just plain stupid when they have been milked for 8 years already. At least psn gives me good free games monthly.

so much truth in this. The main reason I was misled was due to the stupid TCHBO threads when sony first announced the multiplayer fee. Lemmings actually thought we were owned to have to do something they've been doing for almost ten years. Sadness at is core.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

So you HAD to make a thread?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

PS+ is 10 dollars cheaper too. It cost $50 not $60. Although MS said every game on Xbone will now have dedicated servers.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Stop making threads.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 John_Matherson

@Zaibach said:

So you HAD to make a thread?

So you HAD to write a post?

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@Krelian-co said:

so much truth in this. The main reason I was misled was due to the stupid TCHBO threads when sony first announced the multiplayer fee. Lemmings actually thought we were owned to have to do something they've been doing for almost ten years. Sadness at is core.

If XBL was the same I would actually think XBL was a decent service. I would still be over priced, but at least decent. MS mainly does this, so they can lock in as many subscribers as they can. Be it non gamers that just want to watch netflix, or a casual gamer that just wants to join a party chat with their friends. I mean to get any actual use from the xbox one, you really have to have XBL. Cant watch netflix,cant record gameplay, and you cant join a party chat. Thats really pathetic if you think about it.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

@shawn30: I should flag you for lying. Most games used/use a P2P connection on the 360.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Sony stated they wouldn't put paid services behind a paywall like MS whose greedy corporate shenanigans are not consumer friendly.

Seiki_sands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By Seiki_sands
Member since 2003 • 1973 Posts

@Krelian-co:

1st: PSN let's you rent games for the cost of membership, it doesn't GIVE you anything. Although its probably the only feature that makes their change to paid online tolerable, they always seem to add games I already own. Of the 18 games available for playing on PS+ right now I already own 9, and 5 of the others are Vita games, which would be fine, but I don't own a Vita. That leaves 4 games, only one of which is retail (Little Big Planet Karting), and only one released this year (Bit.Trip Runner 2).

2nd: PSN is sluggish in my opinion, that's my primary concern about them charging for online. Maybe if they charge they can hire the manpower to write the code and install the servers to change that, but until they do I'm a little annoyed at the idea paying a similar price for their inferior online infrastructure. If you don't think PSN is sluggish relative to XBL, look at your trophies while your in a game sometime. Notice how the screen says performing sync operation, it's the kind of load screen you would never see on XBL for more than a second or two, not the 10sec-1min it takes on PSN. I know its just one example, but my operation of that console always seems to be filled with loading, installing and waiting, and the prospect of paying for that privilege is a little upsetting.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#21 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@shawn30 said:

WTF.?

That is such a bullsh** hiding on PC to justify paying for Hulu and netflix on xbox ,last time i check xbox 360 users spend more time watching movies on netflix than actually playing on xbox live.

So yeah apparently they care allot about netflix,is not just that on PS4 you can play online free on free to play games,on xbox one you can't do that,you can't record even your games,i would not be surprise to see that when you try to save the console will ask for gold account as well.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@heretrix said:

Stop making threads.

This and this.

Stop TC.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 heretrix

@John_Matherson said:

@heretrix said:

Stop making threads.

Stop breathing.

You allowed yourself to be mislead about something that is pretty much well known and SO fucking easy to look up and you had to make a thread whining about it?

And you have the nerve to call lemmings dumb?

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 John_Matherson

@tormentos said:

@shawn30 said:

WTF.?

That is such a bullsh** hiding on PC to justify paying for Hulu and netflix on xbox ,last time i check xbox 360 users spend more time watching movies on netflix than actually playing on xbox live.

So yeah apparently they care allot about netflix,is not just that on PS4 you can play online free on free to play games,on xbox one you can't do that,you can't record even your games,i would not be surprise to see that when you try to save the console will ask for gold account as well.

lol lemmings won't admit it. They have to try as hard as they can to justify their past ten years of poor financial decision making. My roommate only used his 360 for two things in the span of the 3 months....Netflix to watch Supernatural and other shows, and Skyrim not even online play. He never touched the online portion. Not even a single time. Not even a single time....

And yeah way to hide behind the PC. How many families in their right minds now-a-days do you know sit in their offices/computer rooms to watch netflix on a 22" flat screen monitor? Exactly.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Seiki_sands said:

@Krelian-co:

1st: PSN let's you rent games for the cost of membership, it doesn't GIVE you anything. Although its probably the only feature that makes their change to paid online tolerable, they always seem to add games I already own. Of the 18 games available for playing on PS+ right now I already own 9, and 5 of the others are Vita games, which would be fine, but I don't own a Vita. That leaves 4 games, only one of which is retail (Little Big Planet Karting), and only one released this year (Bit.Trip Runner 2).

2nd: PSN is sluggish in my opinion, that's my primary concern about them charging for online. Maybe if they charge they can hire the manpower to write the code and install the servers to change that, but until they do I'm a little annoyed at the idea paying a similar price for their inferior online infrastructure. If you don't think PSN is sluggish relative to XBL, look at your trophies while your in a game sometime. Notice how the screen says performing sync operation, it's the kind of load screen you would never see on XBL for more than a second or two, not the 10sec-1min it takes on PSN. I know its just one example, but my operation of that console always seems to be filled with loading, installing and waiting, and the prospect of paying for that privilege is a little upsetting.

you do know you can cancel the sync operation of the trophies or even turn it off completely?

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 John_Matherson

@Seiki_sands said:

@Krelian-co:

1. PSN does let you rent games but does XBL give you anything? And the games you already owned are games many people haven't played yet. And also everything you stated only apply to you and are thus completely irrelevant in context tto this thread.

2. PSN's speed doesn't justify XBL fees at all. I know what PSN speed is. I've invested over 500$ worth of games on my PSN alone. I know this. It's not that bad at all. Not even close. Not even close. It's just another failed excuse to justify XBL fees.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 heretrix

@Krelian-co said:

@Seiki_sands said:

@Krelian-co:

you do know you can cancel the sync operation of the trophies or even turn it off completely?

That doesn't make it any less shitty. The PSN store is freaking slooow. It's like playing Crysis on a shitty Video card......... stuttttttttter.

I will say this though after a slow start out of the gate PSN + is definitely the way console online services should go. It's a much better deal than XBL, but the actual performance of the network is terrible.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By John_Matherson
@heretrix said:

@John_Matherson said:

@heretrix said:

Stop making threads.

Stop breathing.

You allowed yourself to be mislead about something that is pretty much well known and SO fucking easy to look up and you had to make a thread whining about it?

Hey, genius, if you read the fcking OP you'll see that I obviously just acquired information I was missing and that I'm simply just using information that I just obtained to counter a major argument that has been in Sys Wars for a while. You're obviously dumb because you don't understand that in system wars when you post information you have to post link. So, it's easy to understand that my original understanding was something a lemming or someone must have posted, which I automatically assumed was correct since system wars news is usually backed up with links and proof. So it's easy to understand why I had it wrong. So shut up.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 heretrix

@John_Matherson said:
@heretrix said:

@John_Matherson said:

@heretrix said:

Stop making threads.

Stop breathing.

Hey, genius, if you read the fcking OP you'll see that I obviously just acquired information I was missing and that I'm simply just using information that I just obtained to counter a major argument that has been in Sys Wars for a while. You're obviously dumb because you don't understand that in system wars when you post information you have to post link. So, it's easy to understand that my original understanding was something a lemming or someone must have posted, which I automatically assumed was correct since system wars news is usually backed up with links and proof. So it's easy to understand why I had it wrong. So shut up.

So basically what I said was correct.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Either way you will buy PS+ or XBL so why does this matter?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 heretrix

@Netret0120 said:

Some people are insecure. They need to justify their purchase.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 John_Matherson

@heretrix said:

@Netret0120 said:

Some people are insecure. They need to justify their purchase.

no I won't. I'll enjoy tons of games at home without needing internet service or PSN to play

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Misleading topic is misleading.