Hello, see many people repeatedly to this day say Halflife 2 had bad AI. Especially compared to Halflife 1 and other FPS.
- AI will avoid grenades
- AI will take cover when weapon is changed
- AI will retreat to squad
- AI will lob grenades
- AI will take cover to reload
- AI will pick up health kits
- AI will take over when another enemy AI has been killed on a turret
- AI will change to melee at close range
- AI will interact with what the player holds
- Larger enemies (Striders) will change height according to player depth
- AI will track and counter players projectile weapons
- AI will throw up utility weapons (man-hacks)
- AI will verbally situationalul communicate with the player and likewise with enemies interacting with each other
Original Halflife use auto-lock on, certainly more challenging, but more intelligent?
What modern AI also do all this and more? Far Cry 3/4 AI worse. Doom not as good. Killzone not as good. Halo not as good. Call Of Duty outright terrible in comparison.
Yet, AI horrible? What?