mane_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mane_basic
Member since 2002 • 537 Posts

not sure how many will join this topic but I just needed to vent. here it is i'm bored out of my mind with VR games. now I understand people like beat saber, superhot, and etc but games like this isn't y I got into VR. I had hopes of games like COD or Halo in vr. I as hoping every game would have a vr mode. but this is far from what we got. instead it's a bunch of indie games what not exciting to play. and the focus on room scale has slowed things down cause devs are wasting time trying to figure out how to make it work. which makes this games simple and no challenge at all. as long as room scale it the focus vr will die

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@mane_basic said:

not sure how many will join this topic but I just needed to vent. here it is i'm bored out of my mind with VR games. now I understand people like beat saber, superhot, and etc but games like this isn't y I got into VR. I had hopes of games like COD or Halo in vr. I as hoping every game would have a vr mode. but this is far from what we got. instead it's a bunch of indie games what not exciting to play. and the focus on room scale has slowed things down cause devs are wasting time trying to figure out how to make it work. which makes this games simple and no challenge at all. as long as room scale it the focus vr will die

exactly!

this is yet another downfall of VR. because its hard enough for the damn thing to track your movement. it has to be super easy for you to play it.

no way will VR be able to track you precisely enough for you to play competitively.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts
@mane_basic said:

There is no way you will get every game on VR, especially big name games, until the tech has advanced enough and is cheap enough for everyone to have. Have you tried Pavlov, Onward, Zero Caliber? I plan on getting a VR just for these games i just mentioned.

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Blueberry_Bandit
Member since 2017 • 891 Posts

@mane_basic said:

Astro Bot, Lone Echo, Resident Evil 7, Fallout 4, Skyrim, Wipeout, Brass Tactics, Arktika. 1, Robo Recall, Doom VFR, Elite Dangerous, Payday 2, Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice which is technically indie but plays like a AAA, Project Cars, Alien Isolation, Borderlands 2.

> A bunch of indie games.

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blueberry_Bandit

@KBFloYd said:
@mane_basic said:

exactly!

this is yet another downfall of VR. because its hard enough for the damn thing to track your movement. it has to be super easy for you to play it.

no way will VR be able to track you precisely enough for you to play competitively.

There are already VR Esports like Echo Arena and Echo Combat and Onward. Competitive VR gaming works very well and already tracks you well enough.

And tracking will only get better in every way, a hundred fold in a few years:

And before you say it will be cumbersome to wear all these trackers or suits and such, the above gif is merely an example of the fidelity of tracking that you can get now, which will be vastly better in a few years, and will be done with only cameras meaning nothing cumbersome.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

I love these morons that hope for VR to die but continue champion lame underpowered gimmicks like Nintendo switch with rehashed titles hanging onto legacy reputation.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

It’s the same as the movement into full 3D.

Even when I first played Mario 64 by the time I got to Bowser I was a Pro. But at first I was fumbling around like an idiot.

It just takes time with devs making games 1. That are in a different realm and takes out of the box thinking 2. You don’t want to create some too hardcore straight out the gate as most people will think it’s way to hard or wouldn’t really want to continue playing.

Just give it time.

But Super Hot might not be the COD difficulty you’re looking for but motherfucker is that game badass in VR.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

I agree that we're still in the early stages of VR games, but it is already getting much better. Competitive games will absolutely be successful on VR.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

I'm still sore from playing skyrim vr on adept the day before yesterday. Depends what you play I guess.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7219 Posts

I wish I could give VR good go but I just get too sick. I tried doom and wipeout it just doesn't work for me.

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blueberry_Bandit

@robert_sparkes said:

I wish I could give VR good go but I just get too sick. I tried doom and wipeout it just doesn't work for me.

VR doesn't make you sick though, it's just the software. Doom and Wipeout have artificial locomotion systems so there is a chance of sickness. Play a game like Moss or Beat Saber and you'll be fine.