VideoGamer: Fifa 09 Review

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danishkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 danishkhan
Member since 2007 • 1162 Posts

It's interesting times in the world of virtual footie. For years Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer series has scored the winning goal in the gameplay stakes, and EA's FIFA franchise has lifted the trophy in the graphics stakes. And for years gamers have, on the whole, considered PES the superior game. But last year something happened. Something happened that was very interesting indeed.

VideoGamer.com Verdict

• Excellent match view graphics
  • Wonderful gameplay
  • Rewarding custom tactics system
  • Players still look like apes close up

9 Essential

9 Gameplay

9 Graphics

9 Sound

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/fifa_09/review.html

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

Nice score, Fifa is a pretty nice game. I think I still prefer PES though however I like them both. Also it should be called FOOTBALL in the states too, Soccer since you use your feet most of the time >_>

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Fifa demo was crap. PES 09 please.
leonjuretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 leonjuretic
Member since 2005 • 271 Posts

whenever i touch fifa i instantly loose my touch in pes...and that messes me up since me and my m8 do tournaments every now and then...

to explain the way fifa plays is just not something i can enjoy its slower and stranger... the player animation might be nicer but they don't really move that realistically as some people think, also faces are just plain awful to the extent that Croatia ...a country ranked very high on charts almost doesn't have any players that look like themselves(and many many others)...some even got the skin color wrong!!

Also its pointless to have a pass meter in football games...whats the point of timing if the opponent can see ur gauge(messes up player versus player experience)

And the last thing...SHOOTING ...fifa messed badly here i can't get a shot on the side i target..it usually goes through the middle and ends up a goal...its just plain dumb

danishkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 danishkhan
Member since 2007 • 1162 Posts
Fifa demo was crap. PES 09 please.EuroMafia
I Agree With You!
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
Fifa.. is way more arcadey..but this year the player has sooo much more control. PES is way more sim, so i guess thats why its better. Graphically its always Fifa imo.
TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts

Nice score, Fifa is a pretty nice game. I think I still prefer PES though however I like them both. Also it should be called FOOTBALL in the states too, Soccer since you use your feet most of the time >_>

SMR-Venom

Soccar because we're American.

Football is already taken up by the greatest sport on earth, all hail the NFL!

dfooster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 dfooster
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts

And how many countries take part in the NFL world cup exactly? (is there one?) no you see nobody else plays NFL because no other country could be bothered waiting around 5 minutes for the tv commercials to finish to then see 10 seconds of action before the commercials come back on.

i would rather spend an evening pulling out all my finger nails with a pair of tweezers.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts
[QUOTE="SMR-Venom"]

TheOwnerOner

actually its football the greatest sport on earth not American football, cause it has the largest fanbase compared to all other sports.. you find leagues, cups in practically all countries and world / continent tournaments... but i love sports in general and American Football is cool :)

back on topic, as usual i'll get both Fifa09 and PES 09, since i love football and these 2 games always keep me busy for the whole year... lets just hope Konami fix the online problems this time...