VGchartz numbers are in and shame cows!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

360wiiPS3gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 360wiiPS3gamer
Member since 2007 • 322 Posts

See the ZOMG PS3 dominationhas begun has officially flopped. Since cows liked to use the VGchartz numbers so much, how do you feel now? See you guys get too overconfident. Also software is stronger on the 360.

http://vgchartz.com/eweekly.php

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
there are still people using Vgcharts? :? yikes
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
vgchartz.......
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

there are still people using Vgcharts? :? yikesDante2710

They are usually in the general area.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
deactivated-5f89ab8e63049

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts
Stop posting VGChartz stuff. No one likes VGChartz. They pluralise with a 'z' for the love of [insert religious deity].
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
Nooo... not VGCharts again!
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts
Omg stop using VGChartz. Seriously, I can't believe people still refer to that site!
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts
I don't even know what I'm supposed to be looking at....the link sends me to weekly software sales (when TC is seemingly talkikng about hardware) and then when i try to find hardware sales the whole site is like crashing.
360wiiPS3gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 360wiiPS3gamer

Stop posting VGChartz stuff. No one likes VGChartz. They pluralise with a 'z' for the love of [insert religious deity].SpigleyMcCheese

Actually I am a 360 fan ans I'm posting VGchartz numbers because cows were getting hyped because of the Europe numbers.

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts
VGchartz................:(
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Koalakommander
I created a thread earlier asking why VG chartz is so bad to use. No one could back it up with hard evidence. Turns out it was off for octobor sales this one time or something so I guess that negates the fact that it is nearly always in the general area with its numbers.
mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mmirza23
Member since 2004 • 3457 Posts

[QUOTE="SpigleyMcCheese"]Stop posting VGChartz stuff. No one likes VGChartz. They pluralise with a 'z' for the love of [insert religious deity].360wiiPS3gamer

Actually I am a 360 fan ans I'm posting VGchartz numbers because cows were getting hyped because of the Europe numbers.

did you look at the numbers? ps3 still outsold 360
360wiiPS3gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 360wiiPS3gamer
[QUOTE="360wiiPS3gamer"]

[QUOTE="SpigleyMcCheese"]Stop posting VGChartz stuff. No one likes VGChartz. They pluralise with a 'z' for the love of [insert religious deity].mmirza23

But the fact is that the outselling margin was only 20, 000 and with stronger software for a £250 system and much older its great. Considering that Ms survived a very big price-cut, cows should be ashamed.

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gromit007
Member since 2006 • 3024 Posts

Stop posting VGChartz stuff. No one likes VGChartz. They pluralise with a 'z' for the love of [insert religious deity].SpigleyMcCheese

Tom Cruise??

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="mmirza23"][QUOTE="360wiiPS3gamer"]

[QUOTE="SpigleyMcCheese"]Stop posting VGChartz stuff. No one likes VGChartz. They pluralise with a 'z' for the love of [insert religious deity].360wiiPS3gamer

But the fact is that the outselling margin was only 20, 000 and with stronger software for a £250 system and much older its great. Considering that Ms survived a very big price-cut, cows should be ashamed.

wow...is this going to be the new argument for when PS3 begins to get off the ground?

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

You should be ashamed of this thread...

unreal48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 unreal48
Member since 2007 • 580 Posts
...you do realize that when you go to the main page that the ps3 has still currently outsold the 360 in sales for the week at the time of your post...can you say self ownage
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
It was my understanding we dont use VG Charts because there inaccurate. you must have not gotten the memo.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

In their defense, focus group testing probably proved that the z was "cooler" among the preteen demographic...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
deactivated-5f89ab8e63049

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts

I created a thread earlier asking why VG chartz is so bad to use. No one could back it up with hard evidence. Turns out it was off for octobor sales this one time or something so I guess that negates the fact that it is nearly always in the general area with its numbers.Koalakommander

They're bad because, while they do update their numbers for Japan and the US in order to correlate with official numbers, they do not in Europe and other regions, as there are no official numbers released with which they can correct their predicitions. Therefore, pretty much all "Other" numbers are estimates entirely made up by VGChartz, and it's usually these ones which are the deciding factor in the countless "OMG! X console outsold Y console worldwide!! Cows/Lems are owned!!!!!".

Shaqneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shaqneel
Member since 2006 • 1413 Posts

Hmm, well yes, it seems according to hardware sales, the ps3 outsold the 360 in europe.

360wiiPS3gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 360wiiPS3gamer
I'm gonna get a PS3 myself in the near future, but was just posting VGchartz numbers. Someone was gonna do it anyway werent they? And if anyone wants to insult me, bring it on!
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

anyone that did any holiday shopping should know that PS3s were in stacks everywhere -- at least in canada.

try finding a 360 Elite or Wii though :P

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Koalakommander

[QUOTE="Koalakommander"]I created a thread earlier asking why VG chartz is so bad to use. No one could back it up with hard evidence. Turns out it was off for octobor sales this one time or something so I guess that negates the fact that it is nearly always in the general area with its numbers.SpigleyMcCheese

They're bad because, while they do update their numbers for Japan and the US in order to correlate with official numbers, they do not in Europe and other regions, as there are no official numbers released with which they can correct their predicitions. Therefore, pretty much all "Other" numbers are estimates entirely made up by VGChartz, and it's usually these ones which are the deciding factor in the countless "OMG! X console outsold Y console worldwide!! Cows/Lems are owned!!!!!".

Something tells me they do more then just pull them out of their ass to get those Euro numbers on there.

So there is no way to get European numbers? Than I guess we can never tell who is really in the lead...

mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mmirza23

anyone that did any holiday shopping should know that PS3s were in stacks everywhere -- at least in canada.

3picuri3
that could be a mix of demand not as high for the ps3 plus sony actually getting massive shipments out, something they should've done at launch, when the demand was there
360wiiPS3gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 360wiiPS3gamer

3picuri3

360 you could find if you're lucky, but the Wii. Pre-orders are taken a year beforehand. lol.

360wiiPS3gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 360wiiPS3gamer
[QUOTE="SpigleyMcCheese"]

[QUOTE="Koalakommander"]I created a thread earlier asking why VG chartz is so bad to use. No one could back it up with hard evidence. Turns out it was off for octobor sales this one time or something so I guess that negates the fact that it is nearly always in the general area with its numbers.Koalakommander

Something tells me they do more then just pull them out of their ass to get those Euro numbers on there.

So there is no way to get European numbers? Than I guess we can never tell who is really in the lead...

Totally agree with you there. i mean how can any company pull numbers from there arse.

Paddy345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Paddy345
Member since 2007 • 860 Posts
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="SpigleyMcCheese"]

[QUOTE="Koalakommander"]I created a thread earlier asking why VG chartz is so bad to use. No one could back it up with hard evidence. Turns out it was off for octobor sales this one time or something so I guess that negates the fact that it is nearly always in the general area with its numbers.360wiiPS3gamer

Totally agree with you there. i mean how can any company pull numbers from there arse.

silly excuse, i think it's safe to say wii is dominating and ps3 follows outside NA, should be common sense but lemmings are too silly and childish to admit noone but americans like 360

ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ChartTopper93
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts
[QUOTE="360wiiPS3gamer"]

[QUOTE="SpigleyMcCheese"]Stop posting VGChartz stuff. No one likes VGChartz. They pluralise with a 'z' for the love of [insert religious deity].mmirza23

look at the total numbers....

BK-Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#31 BK-Sleeper
Member since 2006 • 2686 Posts
Lmao. He has a point though, cows say "OMFG VG CHARTZ SHOWZ WE R WINNING" when the PS3 numbers are higher, but when the 360 is in the lead, they say "OMGZ0RZ VG CHARTZ ISNT RELYABLE NO1 USES THEM"
ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChartTopper93
[QUOTE="360wiiPS3gamer"]

[QUOTE="SpigleyMcCheese"]Stop posting VGChartz stuff. No one likes VGChartz. They pluralise with a 'z' for the love of [insert religious deity].Shaqneel

Hmm, well yes, it seems according to hardware sales, the ps3 outsold the 360 in europe.

look at the total number of sales...for a second time.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Koalakommander

Lmao. He has a point though, cows say "OMFG VG CHARTZ SHOWZ WE R WINNING" when the PS3 numbers are higher, but when the 360 is in the lead, they say "OMGZ0RZ VG CHARTZ ISNT RELYABLE NO1 USES THEM"BK-Sleeper

and lemmings do the same thing

and sheep dont care.

mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mmirza23

[QUOTE="SpigleyMcCheese"]Stop posting VGChartz stuff. No one likes VGChartz. They pluralise with a 'z' for the love of [insert religious deity].ChartTopper93

well yeah we expected the total numbers to favor the 360 when they had a year and a half head start, noone was doubting that, but only 1.7 million for a year and a half advantage? thats not much, especially with PS3 outselling the 360 lately in the EU
Anoch20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Anoch20
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
Well, PS3 outsold 360 in hardware, 360 outsold PS3 in software. The suprise to me is that more people have bought Assasins Creed for PS3 instead of 360. Where is the shame? More hardware out there will lead to more software sales.
lordxymor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lordxymor
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

Ps3 sold 120K, 360 sold 88K where's the ownage?

360 software sales is so much better because its library is better. If Ps3 userbase pass 360's it will get more games, more AAAs and more software sales. It's simple logic.

pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts
The ones that should be ashamed are the ones using VGchartz. Don't you people ever learn?
ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ChartTopper93
[QUOTE="ChartTopper93"][QUOTE="mmirza23"][QUOTE="360wiiPS3gamer"]

well yeah we expected the total numbers to favor the 360 when they had a year and a half head start, noone was doubting that, but only 1.7 million for a year and a half advantage? thats not much, especially with PS3 outselling the 360 lately in the EU

its obvious you don't know how to read the chart. let me try to help u out...it shows that the 360 has over 5 million sold...but the total number of sales for the 360 is around 17 million(i said around)....so look at the chart again and put 2 and 2 together.

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 DuDisNow
Member since 2007 • 2741 Posts
VGcharts, we meet again. Last time you failed me.
AdmiralDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 AdmiralDan
Member since 2003 • 1231 Posts
[QUOTE="ChartTopper93"][QUOTE="mmirza23"][QUOTE="360wiiPS3gamer"]

So now the 360 had a year and aHALF advantage?!? Craziness!

skirlnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 skirlnik
Member since 2004 • 909 Posts

I don't care about this and I can't play sales numbers, but here's a post pretending VGchartz is accurate:

According to this site no 360 game was in the top 10 sellers, and the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed is higher on the chart(z) than anything on 360. That would count as self-ownage for you, I believe.

beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts
ugghh........VGchartz :(
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
I don't take the VG Chartz or the NPD numbers to be any where close to acurate. I will wait until the end of Sony's phsical year in March and see how far the numbers are off.
B1ACK_MAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#44 B1ACK_MAGE
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts
you wanted to show us that assassins creed is selling better on PS3 than 360 in Europe?